The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brighton 3-0 Swindon

Now off to watch Brighton play Crewe this afternoon, i would take a one-nil win right now!

Thankfully, Without Jim Gannon, aka God.:D

I dont even think god could save us at the moment!!!

I am about to enbark on the most important few days on my managerial career to date. I have already won the league cup and also clinched the premiership title last game. Now for the FA cup final and the Champions League Final...I`m going to make a cup of coffee and go outside for a ciggie before the finale. :)

ManchesterUnited-5.png

3-0 then 1-4 against Madrid, my nerves wouldnt have been able to take it:D

Porto 3-3 Barcelona

Champions League 1st knock-out round, leg 1

Was 3-0 up at half time, but had to play the last 30 mins with 9 men because of 5(!) injuries, including Messi, Bojan, Xavi and Aguero. Luckily only one of the injuries turned out serious with Xavi being out for two months.

Athletico Madrid 0-0 Real Oviedo

Thread needs more 0-0 games. ;)

It was the last game of the season. And I survived another season in the top flight, finishing 8th (in 2016). Real Oviedo is back! :D

Aiming for a spot in Europe now. :)

Atletico Madrid 5 - 2 Man Utd

It was only a pre-season friendly, but still that's horrible stuff. It's my second game on the new patch, so I obviously have to relearn the game. I just can't believe how flawed my usual tactic has become.

Newcastle United 1 - 0 Zenit

Second match of the Champions League group stage putting me top with 4 points above Zenit, Bayern Munich and Zaragoza (3, 3, 1).

We dominated a lot of the possession but my strikers were marked out of the game by their back five. A lucky rebound from a corner let my right back fire one in from the edge of the box.

Arsenal 3 Man U 1

2nd leg of Champions League, qtr final.

Man U won first leg at OT 2-1 after I scored a very ‘comical’ own goal.

At home in 2nd leg, they scored first from a flukey free kick. I then knocked two very good goals in (of course they were good cos they were mine!) and the game looked to be going to extra time. However my DC had other ideas and slammed a header into the corner of the net from a corner on 89 minutes! Knocking Man U out of the Champions league, does it get much better than that (now if only the Gunners could reproduce some of that magic IRL)!

Man Utd 4 AC Milan 0 (EURO cup 2nd knockout rnd)

After a devastating 0-3 loss at San Siro were my red devils dominated but just couldn't find the goal I didn't have high hopes as the team had been performing so-so as of late. To my delight the floodgates finally opened and we came through victorious after a thrilling 2nd leg.

Eastleigh 1-2 Team Bath

Blue Square South

Last game of a pretty poor season. Looking forward to getting rid of the dead wood over the next few weeks. And I DEFINITELY need to learn how to beat the opposition consistently on this 3rd patch :mad:

Arsenal 1 - 1 Man U.

NNNNGGGGHHH. Main striker in superb form missed a penalty in the 11th minute, then outright laziness of my players (tight marking and high closing down just didn't seem to interest them) let Man U score. I had more of the posession for the rest of the game, but my God was my attacking play woeful. Passes to tightly marked players, attempting to dribble through three defenders, midfielders not winning anything, wingmen developing the touch of a rapist, no one moving into space at all. Urgh. It was only the fact that Man U sat back a bit that let me get a couple of CCCs, but of course, my highly-composed, "playing with confidence" attackers blazed them over the bar. It was left to my reserve fullback to blast a 25-yarder through their keeper in the 83rd minute. A win would have meant I leap-frogged them into 1st too.

It's just as frustrating knowing that you missed a penalty as it is knowing that your team barely played like they normally do.

Archived