The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Season 2017/2018 Champions league final, my first one, with Wishaw.

Wisahw 0 - 2 Genoa

It was a pretty even game but all 3 of my strikers, who had been scoring tons all season, just could not put the ball in the back of the net. I was absolutely gutted as i had managed to put out liverpool and a few other big teams just to get there.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Had gone 7 games unbeaten and 6 games won in a row until the team lying 7th in the SPL 21 points behind us turn up and Paul Hartley having been released by us last season steps up and scores a penalty in the last minute of the first half. Were all over them in the second half but they managed to cling on to put us 4 points behind Rangers with 27 games played. My next match is Rangers away as well, since it's basically a title decider the Aberdeen result couldn't have happened at a worse time.:mad:

17 Dec 2027

2.Bundesliga

SpVgg Greuther Fürth 4 - 3 MV Duisburg

Mikko Kuusisto 63.......................................André Bahia 10

Ibrahim Ozer 72.........................................Raphael Werner 29

Andri Krístjansson 90+1...............................Alan Dzagoev 40

Marcel Fener 90+4 (og)

I'm Fürth.

Oxford Utd 1 Peterboro 0 (Pre-season friendly)

BSP Oxford soaked up 80 minutes of pressure from L1 Peterboro and then I brought on a couple of subs to relieve my tired s0-called first team players and we get an 84th minute winner. Top result if only in pre-season :)

Sunderland 1-3 Birmingham

Second game of first season. Bounced back delightfully after a shock loss at home to Blackburn. Really pulled our finger out in this match

A certain Englishman, who play in CM scored a 35yard free kick 3 minutes into his debut.

Then after the break a Brazilian; LB/RB/LWB/RWB/LW/RW player scored another screamer from around the same area. This time from open play.

Another Brazilian AML/ST then finished off the game with a Close range finish.

(N) Then they score.

B*stards.

LC Final 2017

Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal

I'm a bit disappointed really, as I played my first team, bar Aguero and Vukcevic who was injured. I still expected more goals. Only Evans and Welbeck(2) got a good rating. Lars Bender was nervous all through the second half and Douglas Costa got an impact-knock so I desided to sub him after 70 minutes. Tosic disappointed as his replacement (for once!).

Still; we won a final against Arsenal..

Champions League:

Steaua 1 Inter 0

Giresse 85

Amazing win, if only we could play like this in the league.

Actual Last game:

Romamian First League:

Steaua 1 Gloria 1.

Next up is a huge Champions League game away at Spartak Moscow.

Italian Cup semi final Second leg

First leg Udinese 0-1 A.C. Milan

A.C. Milan 2-3 Udinese

Into the final :D year 2022 (long term Sunday League experienced manager, save, my biggest achievement so far. Despite winning two Portuguese second league title and one Seria C1 title )

Premier League

Sheffield Wednesday 2 Middlesbrough 0

12th in the league after 9 games. Not too bad for relegation favourites, still a long way to go though.

This result particularly impressed me because Middlesbrough have been in Europe the last two seasons.

Irish League Matchday 16, 2010/11 Season

Loughgall 0-4 Linfield

All four scorers notched their first of the season here, Tomelty cracked in goal of the month to start it off (think Shearer v. Everton a few years ago), with his sexy long shot stat of 6, big bad John Ovenstone headed in number 2, former Watford teenager Kurtney Brooks shanked one into the top corner for his 1st senior goal and Tommy Stewart knocked in the runner up in the goal of the month to round it off.

All in front of a white hot atmosphere at Lakeview Park, where 159 punters packed the terraces and caused a buzz that can only be described as 'apathetic'...

Real Madrid 4 - 3 Sevilla

Brings it up to 16 games won in a row. And was my 50th league game since taking over them. And was Real Madrids 50th league game without a loss in a row ;) (not that it is that hard to)

And btw, both my full backs got sent off at 67 and 69... but was up 4-2 then so np.

oh man what a match I just had !

April 2028 Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg @ Anfield

1st leg was 1-1 in Germany - Liverpool Vs FC Bayern

my star striker Luis had 3 dissalowed goals in the 1st half, all for offside ! Unbelievable :(

I was down 0-1 at half time and down 1-2 on aggregate.

I pull a couple changes and I end up getting 4 second half goals and Luis scores 1 of them, FC Bayern funny enough claim Luis 2nd half goal was offside. So going from anger/heartbreak to complete and utter joy !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Man Utd 0 - 1 Freiburg (Champions League Final 2020)

My first CL title ever :-D

Congratulations :D

Starting to crack on with my Blyth save.

08/10/2011 - Blue Square Premier

Blyth Spartans 3 - 2 York City

Ciftci, Quinn, Evans.

Cracking game, went 2-1 down but pulled it back to 3-2 within 10 minute, then held out for three points. The winner from Micah Evans was fantastic, skinned a centre-back and slammed it into the top near corner.

That's five straight wins and pushes me into 3rd. Newport and Rushden are 5 points clear though given a few too many draws early on from us.

Just been given Lewes at home in the FA Cup 4th Qual. Rd. which gives us every chance of making the competition proper. We reached Round 2 of the FA Cup last year :)

11/10/2011 - Blue Square Premier

AFC Wimbledon 0 - 3 Blyth Spartans

Evans (2), Ciftci.

With two key players in Craig and Ozkayup missing out due to youth internationals, and a general fatigue coming only three days after the York game, this was a sensational result against a solid AFC Wimbledon.

It was a deceptive score - on another day AFC could have had three themselves, but were denied by the heroics of St. Louis-Hamilton in goal, tipping on to the bar twice.

Nadir Citfci and Micah Evans were ruthless up top - Evans picked up his 10th goal in 14 games.

That means six wins in a row with fifteen goals scored. A surprising 4-0 loss to lowly Bath means that Newport are only two points ahead in 2nd, whilst Rushden lead the pack five points away from the mighty Spartans!

Gateshead 0 Weston-super-Mare 1

Uwuzu (penalty)

Conference Premier, 2011-12, fifth game.

Usual thing: Gateshead missed a load of chances, and so did Weston. Gateshead went down to ten men just before half-time, and Weston got a soft penalty. Unusual thing: it was converted. Weston up to 11th on the back of this (won 2, drawn 2, lost 1), but it has been a definite step up from BSS - the main problem is getting decent MCs, and persistent injuries to both left-backs. Plus, my semi-reliable SCs (including the wonderful Ade Akinbiyi) are firing blanks on an industrial scale...

In my 2nd season in the Welsh Premiership with Neath, finished top first season, lost out on Champions league 4th qualifier, but got into europa league.

Last match, last game of group:

Neath 4 - 0 Heerenveen

Ended up finishing 3rd in the group :)

Getafe and Koln went through. More updates on the Mission Impossible thread - Wales!

• 1 month later...
Dealing with an unruly forum user...

...does that count as a result?

;)

did you ban him/her? or hand out infractions? would not be much of a result coming out of it otherwise, now would it?

OM 0 - 1 Barcelona

Iniesta 81st min

Messi (70) and Mbia (68) both sent off, Lucho González missed his spot kick (is the silly pen bug still not fixed?)

first CL title on this save

Just played my first league game in my J-League save. I'm managing Urawa Reds (my favorite japanese team).

Urawa Reds 6-0 Albirex Niigata

Edmilson

Tanaka (x2)

Kashiwagi

Abe

Haraguchi

Was not expecting that result :D

Archived