The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 results here, my 1st game as Switzerland boss against Azerbaijan finished Switzerland 5-0 Azerbaijan,WC Qualifying a Derdiyok hat-trick along with Inler and Meijo goals gave me a nice welcome to the job

My 2nd game France 1-0 Switzerland, sadly France dominated against me and I was lucky to only lose 1-0, a youngster called Tafer who I signed when I was Man U manager came back to haunt me with a goal.

After winning the Swiss Cup semifinal on penalties... played Neuchatel Xamax in the final. Another 0-0 score line after extra time, but I won again on penalties in dramatic fashion. What a run! My first cup win on FM ever.

Neuchatel Xamax 0 - 0 Luzern (pen 6-7)

Sunderland - Hull

WOW WHAT a game!!!!

Dominated in the first half and lead with a goal at the 45+1 minute!

Everything showed that it would be a boring but easy 1-0 win....

75th minute and the score! 1-1 and i am scared!

84th minute and they don't get a penalty! I breath deeper...

86th minute i score! wowo a won out of nowhere!

90+1 minute and i score again! not necessary i though, but why not!

90+3 they score! will they have time for more?

90+5 i score again!

2-4 final score! that was a game!

Burnley 1-1 Newcastle

Matin Paterson 83 - Riquelme pen 45+2

Stupid defence, they have cost me many wins before and it will continue that way. I am around 2 points above everyone else in the Prem but I could easily be 10 to 15 points above the following pack.

Hertha Berlin 2-1 Werder Bremen

Accidentally switched off the computer after I had won 3-2 in the previous game where Obafemi Martins scored a 90th minute winner. But, Martins scored in this match but it weren't the winner this time.

I drew 2-2 with Tottenham after reloading my West Ham save after 6 months of inactivity.

Was 2-0 up and things were going great, then Gareth Bale decided he would score a double. I was going to change to a defensive tactic at 2-0 up but everyone knows if you change to a defensive passing tactic you end up having a 5 all draw. So I decided to not change anything and prove that no matter what you do, the AI comes back regardless. :p

Last result was:

QPR 1 -1 Spurs (Premier League 2011/2012)

This result sealed my relegation from the Premier League 2 years after being promoted....have a good squad but chopped and changed tactics all year - my own fault so I resigned. Holidaying until I get a job (Top Division Jobs only) but so far 2 seasons without an offer. :(

Serbia - San Marino 14-0

I know i was playing San Marino, but it's never easy to score that many goals, provided that i've played with my backup strikers (rested the main 2). And the fans were jubilant for the win nevertheless.

The funniest thing was that one of the San Marino players had a rating of 0.1. I mean, how crap do you have to be in order to get a rating of 0.1, he didn't even get a red card or score an own goal.

Brentford F.C. 3 v 1 Charlton Athletic - Johnstone's Paint Trophy 1st Round.

Very chuffed about it in my second season as Brentford FC manager. The first season was a struggle to avoid relegation (achieved comfortably in the end but not without some nervous weeks down in the 'drop zone' around March-April). I was expected to lose this match against a more fancied team, but the players found plenty of space and ran Charlton ragged, scoring two goals in the first thirty minutes of the game.

Serbia - San Marino 14-0

I know i was playing San Marino, but it's never easy to score that many goals, provided that i've played with my backup strikers (rested the main 2). And the fans were jubilant for the win nevertheless.

The funniest thing was that one of the San Marino players had a rating of 0.1. I mean, how crap do you have to be in order to get a rating of 0.1, he didn't even get a red card or score an own goal.

That's in the realm of records territory, surely.

For the 0.1 player, what are his attributes and what was his position?

New all-time personal record victory.

Nottm Forest 10 - 1 Hull

Jermain Defoe Hat-trick, 2 from Robert Lewandowski, 2 from Chris Cohen with Michael Turner, Chris Gunter and jonjo Shelvey fleshing out the result. 2012/2013 season. Got Defoe for a cut-down 3.7m, Turner however cost me most of my transfer kitty at a painful 8m for a club like Forest. Worth every penny. 10 games in, 8 goals scored. 4 were pens, 2 from corners and 2 from open play. Not a bad haul for a CB.

Archived