The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pescara 4 - 3 Sassoulo

3-0 down at HT, on comes my star striker (on low conditioning + nursing an injury) and my star midfielder (also injured) and they both get 2 goals and 2 assists to win us the game.

Including 2 injury time goals :D

Genoa 1 - 2 Chelsea

My team have had quite an affection for comebacks and late goals for the past month or 2. As a result I'm currently on a winning streak, my personal record amount of games won in a row (23 matches atm) - other people have probably had much longer and more impressive streaks, but this is quite an achievement for me personally. So every time I think that the run is going to end (when we're trailing in a match) my team somehow manage to get late goals from nowhere. :D Well, I'm not complaining...

Bath City - Yeovil Reserves ( Somerset Premier Cup Final) 1-2

Claimed by the media to be huge favorites and winning with a large margin against a Reserve squad, everyone was disappointed when I lost. Problem was, the season was over, so Yeovil sent most of their League One first team members down to play the game.

Seems neither the media or the board cared that I only barely lost to a team three divisions above me.

Real Madrid 7-0 Vojvodina

A walk in the park against the minnows from northern Serbia. Wellington Silva tore them to shreds, scoring a thirteen minute hat trick before adding another later in a routine CL group stage win that was almost embarrassingly easy. Seeing a team so out of their depth in Europe reminded me of my Port Talbot days.

Bordeaux (me) 2-0 Real Madrid. Jaroslav Plasil finished a half chance incredibly before Chamakh, who R. Madrid had made several offers for in pre-season, sent a chip over Casillas. All of that within 20 minutes! Brilliant.

Shocked on so many levels, because my team has been terrible for several games. I guess they decided to snap out of it against a world class team, rather than the rest of the French league...at the Bernabeu also!

lastgame.png

After getting battered 3-0 in the first leg, I didn't think I had a hope in hell of overturning their lead especially since I've only just taken over as manager and the squad I've inherited is ancient.

That said, we got off to a marvelous start, 2-0 up at half time and had hit the post twice as well. They didn't get a sniff. Second half was much the same, but we just couldn't score. Hit the post another couple of times but it just wouldn't go in, I pushed the wingers right up the pitch and stuck another forward on so we were just about 4-1-5, then as the clock ticks into injury time and all looks lost, we bag an equaliser and I go mental. Thank god the wife's at work, she'd have strongly disapproved of the celebrations! :D

Extra time was a 1-way affair and we duly grabbed a winner, a 30 yard screamer into the top corner. Delighted. Bring on Napoli in the semis.

Doncaster Rovers 1 - 6 Cardiff City

Chopra had a brace, and we got goals from Paul Quinn, Joe Ledley, & Jay Bothroyd. Their GK got into the act as well, as Neil Sullivan had an own goal :D

I just got Newcastle in to the League Cup final in season one.

Sometimes even though the other team gives you a helping hand (twice) you just can't get a win.

Leaguecupfinal.png

To be fair, we played Liverpool off the park, it took a bit of magic by Torres, a goal that was at least two yards off side to equalise and a moment of Madness from Nolen to give Liverpool the victory they didn't deserve.

Benfica 0-0 Chelsea

An awesome result for my side, one whoch secured a 2-1 aggregate win at the Champions League Quarter Final stage. Bearing in mind that I'm only season two, this is perhaps one of my greatest achievements on FM.

West Ham United 2-2 Aston Villa

I was 2-0 down on 87 minutes, then pops up my new loanee James Vaughan to win us a penalty (Scored by Stefano Guberti) and then to assist Novo for a simple tap in

Man United 2 - 3 Burnley, FA Cup Final 2016

Absolutely Gutted :(:(

1-0 half-time lead, but rather dodgy performance. Told the lads they had one hand on the cup. Burnley then made it 1-1. In the 70th we scored from a penalty, just for Burnley to score in the 84th and 93rd. :(

Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd, FA Cup final, 09-10

Scored two early goals when I wasn't looking, I was a little ticked about that :D and then held a steady defence the rest of the game to win the final. Completed my double after a really really poor run at the end of the season (Drogs got injured and Anelka couldn't score, we proceeded to lose against Madrid twice, at Liverpool when we could've won the title, at Villa when we could've won the title, had to win it last day hosting West Ham :mad:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived