The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early in the 13/14 season in the Isthmian Premier League

Totton 0 -- 1 Mildenhall Town

Totton tipped to win the league, I'm predicted for mid-table finish (finished just outside the playoff spots in our first season in IPL last year)...nipped the win in stoppage time :)

Mildenhall Town 2 - Concord Rangers 1

A drab first half (ended 0-0) turned a bit more eventful in the 2nd half....win over newly promoted Rangers has me sitting 2nd in the still-early season...

Mildenhall Town 3 - 0 Hallen

FA Cup 3rd qualifying round---easily dominated this team from two leagues below...

2039 Italian Super Cup (FM08)

Triestina 6-0 Juventus

Juventus, fresh off losing their manager (a former player of mine - went to manage Italy), faced an uncertain future. Although the second- (or third-, if you're a Lazio fan) largest team in Italy (behind me), they had made no signings and hadn't even signed a manager yet. Me, on the other hand, had signed 4 world-class players on frees and was 6-4 to win Serie A (Lazio 10-1, Juventus 14-1, Chievo 40-1).

I hate playing against these teams as it's a different person in charge with unpredictable tactics. Luckily, the manager in charge (still don't know who) played a standing-off attacking 4-4-2 - the last formation you want to play against me, with oodles of movement and quick passing. At 2-0 up I realised Juventus were there for the taking so tinkered a bit and began bombarding Juventus into submission. They had 5 shots - I had nearly 20. It did help that I took out their best striker through injury early-on leaving them with two wingers up front who weren't that good in the air - and my centre-backs would make Big Sam proud.

Juventus do need some new blood as they have an aging midfield, but without a manager (bug?) this will be a problem!

Also on a weird week in Italy, Inter (predicted above-mid-table) thrashed Sampdoria 10-0 (predicted to finish mid-table) and it was "only" 7-0 before Sampdoria went down to 10 men. Horrendous result for Sampdoria - I wonder if it's to do with the fact I nicked their best defensive midfielder on a free? :D

Darlington 0-7 West Ham, League Cup Rd 2 -

Absolutely soul destroying :D Saved after the result, opened the previous save to see if I could do better tactically. Managed to lose 0-2... oh, well, time to put humpty dumpty together again :)

Stoke City 1-0 Aston Villa

Oh dear oh dear. We controlled the game from start to finish, created umpteen openings, had 61% of the ball and played very well against a bogey team. Apart from our finishing, which was abysmal throughout. Begovic saved a penalty midway through the second half, which I foolishly took as a sign that we wouldn't concede, especially as their star striker Briand was having a poor game. Unfortunately, Templeton buried an easy chance for them and for all our attacking pressure, we couldn't score. Given that this game was off the back of a very impressive win over Man United, it is a very irritating defeat.

Mildenhall Town 0 - 0 Braintree

Close fought battle with recently relegated club

Mildenhall Town 4 - 1 Tonbridge FA Cup 4th round qualifier

A match I was supposed to be lucky to draw, I pulled off a convincing win over my rivals in the Southern Premier division.

Stoke 1 - 4 Newcastle

A rocket from Jo, a break and run from the half way line from Salvio, and two penalties from Ryan Taylor.

A nice way to end the poor form that has seen the team drop from 1st place to 4th (6 games to go, pleeease let me scrape into the Champion's League).

Having taken York City from the Blue Square Premier to the Championship (been promoted every season) im now really struggling in this league. There seems to be a massive gap in quality from League One to the Championship. Currently 17th after 12 games and falling fast!.

Just got beaten at home by a quality Middlesbrough side 5-1 and then beaten by 22nd in the league Derby County away 1-0. Its gonna be one hell of a tough season! Wish me luck! COME ON YOU MINSTERMEN!.

Sunderland 7 - 0 Leyton Orient, League Cup semi-final 2021 (8-2 agg)

Orient are at the lower end of League One... the draw conspired to have them facing rubbish teams all the way through. Lost the first leg 2-1 with most of my first team injured.

Thurrock 3 - 0 Mildenhall Town

Recently relegated Thurrock handed me my worse loss in two years --- and I let my team know just how angry I was....

They responded with a slightly better

Mildenhall Town 2 - 2 Hinkley

Another recent relegation battled back twice and secured the draw--but I was pleased, we were not supposed to have a chance.

Next up, recent promotee Bedford Town....we'll see how this goes...

Fluminense de Feira 7-0 Bahia de Feira

Final match of the Bahia State Championship league stage which sealed top spot for us in a 3-horse race for the top spot which is only cosmetic as the top 4 all qualify for the semi final anyway. It also sealed Bahia de Feira's relegation, and was done in style! A new record win for the club to finish the first section of the season too! We topped the league stage by a measly point over Bahia and Vitoria.

Southampton 2-2 Portsmouth

was beaten 5-4 on penalties. Fans are not happy, and neither am I throwing away a two goal lead with 7 minutes to go!

I feel for ya mate, the amount of times ive thrown away a 2 goal lead with not long to go is bordering on laughable

Sunderland 2-1 Aston Villa

To say I'm furious is an understatement. We had an atrocious second half, conceding twice including an idiotic penalty which was gifted to them by Echiejile. Three changes at half-time and an angry team talk seemed to have worked when Wilshire pulled one back for us within a few minutes of the restart but we virtually stopped playing after then and just let them keep possession for the rest of the half. We never looked like equalising. Four players received warnings for their poor performance as a consequence of this match.

I feel for ya mate, the amount of times ive thrown away a 2 goal lead with not long to go is bordering on laughable

You should get them to see a doctor about them possibly being anaemic. Or give them lucazade hydroactive if it's just dehydration.

Anyway, after a torrid set of results, 6 league games with no wins (I think my squad discipline should be 20, the amount of fines I've given out. I also sacked a guy on the spot for declaring unfair treatment. He was only on £1 a week and cost £100. Needless to say, not many declare unfair treatment now):

Carrick 3 - 1 Institute

The promotion push is back on track after a change in formation and a good comeback.

Archived