The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :D :D :D

Arsenal 0-3 Empoli!!!!! UEFA Cup 2nd Knockout Round (Empoli win 4-2 on aggregate)

I was 2-1 down from the home leg, then a mistake in the 31st minute by Fabregas let in Nsue (Paloschi on the bench due to injury). A poorly-hit bobbled shot by Vanden Borre after 75 mins trickled past Fabianski and finally, as Arsenal streaked forward to take the tie into extra time, we counter-attacked in the 92nd minute with a long ball for a suspiciously offside Lodi to finish it off!!!

Arsenal were missing a hell of a lot of players, but it's still my favourite ever result on FM!!! :D

Can't remember my last one, but the last match I watched was the World Cup Final at my own stadium - Stadio Nereo Rocco of Triestina, watching Triestina - I mean - Italy - beat Japan 4-0.

NEC - Man City: 2 - 3

Happy with the win testing out my new 5-3-2 tactics. Very strange score line as I dominated possession and the play in general. NEC got two freak goals on long-range efforts against my generally solid GK Asenjo :eek:

Apart from those two long range shot they had less than 5 shots and only one on target...

Ajax - PSV 3-2 (Eredivisie)

Aissati 2, Cvitanich

I took 2-0 lead and managed to hit crossbar twice. Then allowed somehow PSV back to game. They managed to draw back from 2 behind and rattled my crossbar 3 times in one attack O.O Fortunately Aissati scored a wonderful 25-yarder in 90+2 minutes to send all home fans to rapture and take very valuable 3 points in the league

2009 Coca-Cola League 2

Darlington 2 - 1 Lincoln

Early in the 2009 season, I'm running Darlington and my board wants promotion this season. The Quakers started hot, winning 3 of the first 4 games, but have drawn 2 and lost 2 in the last month. Taking the club on the road to Lincoln, we entered in good spirits and health. Right out of the gate, my boys pounded Lincoln's defense, missing shot after shot but piling on the pressure. In the 20th minute, my 34-year old Belarusian left-midfielder threaded a pass into the box, one touched into the net by my 24-year old Argentine striker. We continued to dominate the first half, putting up 16 shots to Lincoln's 2.

(Darlington 1 - 0 Lincoln)

Feeling confident, we started the second half which was much more evenly played. The teams battled back and forth, neither finding that last move to score. In the 74th minute, Lincoln's English midfielder intercepted a lazy pass from my fullback, running toward goal and putting a shot off the woodwork, only to be rebounded and shot into the back of the net by their well-positioned English forward.

(Darlington 1 - 1 Lincoln)

But just two minutes later, my boys struck back with a through ball from my Belarusian, again, to my 18-year old fast English striker (on loan from parent club Middlesborough) who beat his man and found the net cleanly. The game proceeded into a couple minutes of injury time without significant threat by either side.

(Darlington 2 - 1 Lincoln)

Don't worry, playing with all regens / no real players. No player naming from me.

March 1, 2025 - Dutch Eredivisie

TOP Oss 1-1 Heracles

6' || 0-1 || Lennart Reekers

71' || 1-1 || Lee Guttiérrez

88' || Ruud Bosman sent off (Heracles player)

90' || Zafer Aydinoglu sent off (Heracles player)

90'+1 || Flávio misses penalty for TOP Oss

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Manchester United

last match of the season, May 2009 - Rooney and Tevez score early on, Gamst Pederson scores a consolation.

Was enough to secure 2nd place on 86 points. Arsenal finished level but with an inferior goal difference. Chelsea finished with 90 points.

• 3 weeks later...

Just beat Chelsea in the Fa Cup Semi Final with Middlesbrough On Fm Weegie update so my Boro are in the Championship.Was nervous when they pulled back from 2-0 down but we manage to get the 3rd and winning goal. Got to semi finals of the League Cup but lost 6-2 over 2 legs to Man Utd, So this result as made me fair chuffed :D

Championship beating Premiership in the Semi Final ;)

97434141.png

Edit: Just returned from match day screen to find out we have clinched promotion aswell!

Results must have gone our way. HAPPY DAYS

19508986.png

Just continued the game and Newcastle got beat at Watford in the 17:20 Kick Off TV game so i have just been crowned Champions, All in one afternoon's work ha ha.

The skin is called Fm Twist from sortitoutsi, Ive changed the background picture and players attribute colours on mine though.

Werder Bremen 4-1 Leyton Orient

Not really unexpected, as a championship club who have overachieved in getting to the 2nd Knockout Round of the UEFA cup. We started well, going up 1-0 in the first half before an equaliser, a sending off then a penalty left us 2-1 down. Inevitably more goals followed in the second half and I hold out little hope for the second leg.

Prefab' 05 6-0 Sãcere.

Comments before the match: "On being asked what he thought of Cem Kuter, Ovidiu Cazan described the under-pressure manager boss as a master magician - watch Prefab '05 disappear from the Romanian Second League Group 1"

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Dutch Eerste Divisie

VVV 2 - 0 SC Cambuur

VVV 1st in league | SC Cambuur 9th in league

Fell behind in first 30 minutes, never got anything going until a 80+ minute "all out attack" pounded the keeper, woodwork, and the famous "row z" but nothing into the net. Fell back to a crowded mid-table here in November.

Archived