The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swansea0-0 pompy

You know what, i don't think i can remember the last time i had a 0-0 on this game.

Anyway, my last result

Helmond 0-6 Ajax (league, 2015)

Feel a bit bad as they were my feeder club last season and i have loaned them alot of players again this season, who were inelegible against me :D

FC United 1 - 1 Manchester United

its pre-season in 2010 and they are my parent club and i miraculously managed to score and draw with them and they played what i would describe as a side somwhere between their best and second string (most starters but had Frazier Campbell instead of Rooney and had a young regen instead of Ronaldo)

Torino 1-2 Triestina

Torino are one of my title rivals (but are fairly useless themselves), but my tactics seem to always work really well against Torino (bit like how 1 striker was devastating against Chelsea in 8.0.2), so I went into this match fairly optimistic.

Unfortunately, after 45 minutes, my team only seemed to know how to be like Arsenal at their worst - pass, pass, pass with no decent attempts on goal. So after a bollocking at half-time, my first-choice striker, homegrown, finally nabbed a goal after a neat passing move - and then I thought the floodgates would open, so I put on my new signing and a younger right-winger.

So of course, Torino score in return. And obviously, it's some 18-year-old striker making his Torino debut outjumping my centre-backs (Jumping 13 against Jumping 18 and 18 respectively) and scoring from a corner.

I suppose I did what I should've done ages ago - all-out attack and with 13 seconds remaining, my striker (the same one) bagged me a winner.

Deserved, but irritating at how this game works...

Rushden 3 - 1 Hull (League Cup Semi 2nd Leg)

Already had a 2-1 away win and Hull are in 16th so this was always going to go my way.

However the match didn't start that way, my star striker got crippled (out for 5 weeks) in the opening 10 minutes and then they scored in the 12th with a free kick. It was all hull in the first half, trying to steal a win.

Half time team talk and I got angry, kicked a few chairs etc. We went out and played like gods. Went 1-1 in 46th min with a header off a corner, my 20yr old Rooney clone slotted that away nicely. He'll be a star for the national team one day.

Then my reserve striker who had to come on scored twice in the 60th and 71st min after some nice passing play. Should have been 4-1 but we missed a pen.

Got City in the league next.. 10 points clear of them in 2nd though so its not a must win game but getting a 13 point gap between 2nd and 3rd will be good. Then its narrowing down the 5 point lead Arsenal have on me in 1st... :(

Empoli 6-1 Rimini

(Stefano Fiore 10

Alberto Paloschi 40, 45+2, 74

Eugenio Corini 64

Giancarlo Bianco 67)

My biggest score on FM09 so far. Rimini were woeful. No more evident than Paloschi's hat-trick goal came about because the keeper hesitated coming for a long ball into the box and Paloschi just ran in and nodded it past!

Maccabi Petach-Tikva 1 - 2 Reading

UEFA Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg 2012/13

Through to the Group Stages for the second time in a row!

My group:

Porto (cheered with this - beat them twice in the Group Stages last season :D)

Reading

Hamburg

Levski Sofia

Archived