The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only recently got the game and finally played my first non-friendly match last night. I am Seville hosting Atletico Madrid. A few minutes into the second half, up 2-1, Fabiano nods one in for his hat trick. Within five minutes, Kanoute sends off a volley from the midfield line for no good reason that I can see. Guess the goalie was napping, because the thing rainbows in! 55 yards out! I would have thought it a video game fluke if I hadn't seen videos of it happening in real life (hopefully it stays rare in FM form).

Now I'm up 4-1 but Samao catches fire. He isn't always the goal scorer (I think he only put one in himself), but he was the architect of Atletico's comeback bid. They bring it to 4-3 with still 15 minutes to go in the game and I'm certain the computer's going to ruin my hatrick-rainbow beauty. With a little less than ten to go, Atletico corners one in from the left that is headed on, hits the crossbar, bounces down, just in front of the line and bounces away, subsequently to be cleared. Think France's penalty against Italy in 06 (Trezeguet, I think?).

Atletico may have had one more attacking run, but I held serve. 4-3 final.

I'm sure this kind of thing, while not commonplace, is not new to you guys who have played hundreds of years over several FM's and have watched hundreds of matches on television or even played. But to this American with slight experience with the sport, that was one grand way to start an FM career! I must be feeling the hooks, because I've been replaying that 55-yarder and that near equalizer all day today.

Panama 1 - 1 St. Martin

Home win had odds of 1-33. Admittedly I did change a few things around, what with it being a friendly, but still, an overwhelmingly poor result. We played pretty well in the last few competitive games so maybe false confidence had sprung into the camp. Another home banker coming up, the guys better pull their fingers out or there'll be trouble.

Just starting to get into FM09 this past week, started out as Preston and just got destroyed by bottom of the table Doncaster 3-0 in my 12 game of the season.

Doncaster managed 31 shots, 16 on target so i got of lightly.

Really need to sort my defenders out. Is Mark Lawrenson available?

Just starting to get into FM09 this past week, started out as Preston and just got destroyed by bottom of the table Doncaster 3-0 in my 12 game of the season.

Doncaster managed 31 shots, 16 on target so i got of lightly.

Really need to sort my defenders out. Is Mark Lawrenson available?

You'd be better off getting Kevin Keegan to sort them out!

Americano (RJ) 3 x 0 Cardoso Moreira

Pre-season friendly that i arranged involving the 3 teams of the city i grew up (Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil): Americano (RJ), Goytacaz and Rio Branco (RJ); plus a team from the region: Cardoso Moreira; actually Cardoso Moreira was only a district of Campos, they emancipated and became a city just a few years back.

Anyway, now we'll have the "Goytacano" (That is Americano x Goytacaz) derby in the final.

Man Utd 3 - 0 Arsenal

FA Cup Final

Dominated from start to finish, very satisfying match that, after losing the title by 2 points (I had 89!!) and going out in the CL Semi Final on penalties.

I desperately wanted to win something.

• 5 weeks later...

Sunderland 0-1 Pomps

Up to 6th :p

Shame my hitman regen Goran Mustafi missed a good chance , won though so not too angry, although he's one of those guys who's immune from criticism, I'm sure everyone's got someone like that in their squad :rolleyes:

League one

Leeds 2 - 1 Leicster

Was our 9th game unbeaten although we won we should have come away with the defeat or drew at the least we played like amateurs and our keeper kept us in the game with five terrific saves, and delph scored the winner in the 90th minute with a pearl from distance.

Archived