The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Aston Villa 2-3 Blackpool

fierro (15)

bassong goal stolen by OG bug (dunno why) (21)

all looked rosy until they got a counter attack and a goal from head tennis landing to an open player after a corner

Chamakh (74)

my hands were tied with team selection as a fair few players were tired from the having 2 matches close together with this one 3 days after the previous. so wasn't at the best, 2 defenders had thier first starts of the season including 1 debut, so pleased with that win.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing as Grimsby in my Lincs & Humber Database, 2013-2014 season.

3-1 loss to Holbeach United :(

Not the way I intended to end a season where I won the Premier Division and FA Cup double. The loss also stopped me equalling or beating Hulls record season points total of 90, I ended on 89 :( :(

It was a tricky game, 4 strikers out injured, had to recall a guy from loan. Also 3 other main team players injured including starting GK. The only keeper I had who was half decent was 16 years old as others were out on loan after the Humber Cup finished.

So with a severely depleted squad, no notable strike force and the squad suffering from exhaustion after winning both the league and the FA cup in the week or two before the game I was not surprised I lost.

Playing as Fortuna Dusseldorf, season 2015/16 5 games into the second half of the season. Won 0-2 at Bayern Munich to go top of the league...my first win over Bayern in any competition and well deserved. They're on a bit of a bad run so it was a great time to play them...

well that was a result.

After being penned in and 1-0 down with my super defencive formation.

turns out one shout was messing it up spent 70 minutes saying retain posession, in that time I had a mere 1 shot (a missed sitter as well)

took a risk changed it to get ball forward, team started passing it around, instead of losing it getting clearances to my wingers to score 2 on the counter.

I do like it when something I do in game makes a massave differance.

A2B5CDC0014AA7F4A0B5433A8D88A58350845F38

Chelsea 2 - 0 United.

First choice 'keeper is on international duty (not used!), my centre-back captain was injured for 3 months two days before the game, we hit the woodwork 3 times and totally dominated chances created. Except for an insane 40-yard free kick from their winger and a penalty from their left back. :mad:

Birmingham 2 1 Portsmouth

I scored a counter, i was not sure if Kanu would pass but then i conceded two:(

[video=youtube;ML9eCFu1ekw]

• 1 month later...
I'm gonna bump this thread! just had this result, I am Modena in a relegation battle, when I came they'd lost 6 in a row and I have just got 7 points in 4 games then got this result, I am 3 points from safety now with 7 games left!!

Great timing with the thread bump, gives me an excuse to post this.:)

CelticvRMadrid_StatsPlayerRatings.png

• 3 months later...

Had to come back in here to post this. We were coming off a patch of bad form, United unbeaten in 8. The formations:

unitedformations.png

The Result:

unitedresult.png

:cool: Some awesome goals in there too, Oscar's has to be up there for goal of the season:

Probably my best result ever on FM. Only in the second season too.

Liga Adelante.

Rayo Vallecano 4-0 Gimnastica

Worse way to finish the first ever season at this level. Despite this disasterous result, we finished 10th out of 22, not bad for pre-season relegation favourites. This result after a 4-0 defeat at Espanyol too lol, clearly mentally on holiday.

Lost the europa league final to Roma on penalties with Celta Vigo soul destroying, worst of it had the chance to win it in extra time with a penalty but blew it, they ended up injuring four of my players and two of them would have been takin a penalty in the shoot out they knew what they were doing a want them punished lol.

Cordoba 1-2 Gimnastica

Codroba, recently relegated, 7 wins out of 8, played us and lost. We've started the season surprisingly well, 5th with 17 points from 9 games. We will no doubt fall away and finish around the middle again.

Recently started a new game and my last result knocked my socks off as my Hammers beat top of the table Man United away in the first season 2-0. Pretty even as well and Rooney missed a penalty which shocked me. Had been trying the TC and couldn't get it to work so went back to a basic "classic" flat 4-5-1 with counter attack ticked but all Team Instructions set down the middle just adjusted individual sliders and got the result. Given up with trying to defend against the bigger teams as you are never enough of an attacking threat so whilst not fighting fire with fire give them something to think about..... Doubt I would have got the second if I had tried to just see the game out and probably rode my luck at times but I think you need luck to beat the better teams.

• 5 months later...

Archived