The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After suffering an unlucky first leg on Old Trafford (5 clear cut chances) and no goals... WOLFSBURG WANtED REVENGE

This is the best football match I ever witnessed from any team I managed in a long time. RAPEDManutd.png

Perfectly executed tactical match, they had only 1 shot on target.

Carlisle 3-6 Brighton

A ridiculous game. They quickly go 2-0 up, Forster seizes on a poor backpass to make it 2-1 at half time. With about 20 mins to go it's still 2-1, until Glenn Murray beats his man on the edge of the box and fires home. Two minutes later, Michael Mifsud, who's just come on for the injured Forster, dribbles past about 4 players and slots in for 3-2. Then Murray taps in a cross for 4, despite looking about five yards offside. Two on the break from Andrew Crofts sandwich one for them from a corner to complete a quite astonishing comeback. Literally every time we attack in the last 20 minutes we scored.

France - Turkey 1-2

2016 euro, fixture played at Olimpico, Rome, my regular home stadium (since i manage AS Roma on this save)

and we are now in the final to face England (yay)

Oguz Kaan Önal (regen) gave us the lead, Arda Turan extended it while Benzema sloted home a 93'rd min freekick

19 August 2023

Eredivise

Sparta Rotterdam 6 - 0 AFC Ajax

Kálmán Hudák 14

Mikko Kuusisto 20, 25, pen 69

Ruymán Luis 79

Roberto Mendoza 82

An absolute whipping of Ajax. We tore them apart and utterly humilitated them.

26 August 2023

Eredivise

Sparta Rotterdam 3 - 0 NEC Nijmegen

Mikko Kuusisto 27, 40, 45+1

Lorenzo Maino s/o 72

Again, a hammering as the legend that is Mikko Kuusisto nets a first half hat-trick to leave us a perfect 12 points from 12 with no goals conceded!

Brighton 0-0 Burton Albion

Disappointing FA Cup second round score, but I'd rested most of the first teamers as they were knackered after beating Norwich away and we had Charlton 3 days after this game (Saturday to Tuesday). Will play the first teamers in the replay though, and should go through.

I have just had one of my most dramatic, edge of your seat games, in all my incarnations of FM.

FA cup 4th round.

Newcastle who are triple Premiership Champions are drawn against Man Utd who are still a force in the league.

12 mins. Against the run of early play, Mancheda curls a shot into the net from the edge of the area.

13 mins. While the Man Utd fans are still celebrating Daniel Sturidge breaks and beats the keeper one on one to equalise.

32 mins. With Newcastle in command, a second Man Utd break results in a 2-1 lead for the home side after midfielder Petrucci beats 3 Newcastle players in a mazy run from Midfield before blasting the ball into the net from distance.

Newcastle now go on the offensive, battering the Man Utd goal, having 6 clear cut chances from 17 shots, they have two very questionable offside rulings squash goals in the 57th and 58th minute. They have a clear penalty appeal turned down and then a second clear cut penalty results in the Toon striker Kaduskin being booked for diving. Foster the Man Utd keeper is on an 8.6 rating at this point.

66 mins. Newcastle find them selves down to 10 men after Kaduskin is booked for a arguing with the ref.

86 mins. Newcastle continue to dominate, desperate for an equaliser that will stand. before sub Delfouneso manages an equaliser to take the game into extra time.

Extra time. Man utd clear the ball off the line with the keeper beaten, before hitting the bar with a rocket of the shot and being denied a goal by some defensive heroics after the Newcastle keeper misses a punch clearance.

Finally the dreaded penatly shoot out.

Man Utd's Anderson and Rooney are both denied by Newcastle Keeper Ochoa giving Newcastle a 2-0 lead in the shoot out.

But tension is added when Sissoko misses his penalty for Newcastle.

With the shootout poised at 4-3, Rafael is denied by Ochoa and Newcastle begin to celebrate.

Made me watch the game again as I was so intrigued.

Man Utd 2-2(p) Newcastle - FA cup 4th round.

Champions Cup Group Stage Day 5

Arsenal 4 Bremen 0

Silva 12

Van Persie 15,19

Eduardo 16

Apart from the crazy 4 goal in 7 minutes we didnt create alot and it was actually quite an even game. Not a great performance but we still qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League with the win.

We have a must win game against Fulham in the Premiership next after a run of 2 draws and a loss in the last 3 games, scoring 0 goals has really messed up the Premier League campaign, slipping from 2nd and 2 points behind Man United to 4th and about 8 points behind them.

Archived