The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham (Me) 3 - 4 Stoke (They are monsters in my game).

Kinda gutting result for me. 2 - 0 at half time looking comfy with my lead, second half it all changed and we were on the backfoot when they scored almost instantly from the kick off. So 2-1 with about 40 minutes to play, 60th minute comes and Stoke get their goal to make it even. Then they went on to score 2 more without reply from my team, i was not happy with my team but good match nevertheless.

My last match was a 1-1 draw as ASF Bobo (Burkina Faso) at home against Ajax CT (South Africa) in the CAF Champions League. We lost 2-1 on aggregate, and are dumped out of the competition at the first hurdle, which is gutting only because we had the upper hand for the whole of the second leg, with our opponents grabbing their goal on the break in the 88th minute .. ah well, back to the Burkinabé Premier League we go .. :)

Club World Championship

FC Bayern 0 - 1 Toronto FC

No re-loading necessary. Beat Palmeiras in the previous round by the same score. Guess my defence is on fire.

Fourth straight CWC for my little MLS team. How's this for a comparison:

Toronto FC salary cap of $2.49 million for the team (Andrey Arshaven as a DP is being paid $4.9 million) with about $1 million in transfer funds. My salary is $205,000. Earlier this year Real came calling, and offered $19,000,000 salary, $309,000,000 wage budget, and $244,000,000 in transfer money.

Man Utd 5-0 River

Won this game with 10 men. My new poacher was given a red after a tackle from the back after 12 minutes. I put on Adrian Flores (newgen) and he scored two plus getting a fantastic assist.

Jizzing as we speak. Best game in a LOOOOONG while :D

Also, In the match before this one my wonderkid goalkeeper got a Neuer like assist (again!). Freekick from 80-100 yards, he lands it on Welbecks foot who slots it past Boca Junior's goalkeeper. Won the match 6-3 as my defence was newly bought and quite young. Lovely still :)

OM 1 - 3 Arsenal (Champs League Group D)

Came from a goal behind, looked like it was heading for a draw until two late goals clinched it for us (Still, with the amount of attacking players I threw on, the least i'd have expected was a goal). Pleased with the result as it meant we topped our group and qualified for the knockout stages.

Weder Bremen 2 - 4 Bayer Leverkusen

Vital and unexpected result. Despite this being the first season and me being unable to bring in any new players we now find ourselves 6 points clear at the top after just 8 games with the other contenders failing badly early on. Bremen are now 11th with just 2 wins, Bayern Munich are 8th a full 12 points down on me and Wolfsburg sit 6th

24th October 2010: Ajax - Feyenoord 3 - 2. Lost to my fiercest rivals, despite going up in the very first minute. Went 3 - 1 down through a Pantelic hattrick and then scored through Bruins three minutes before full time on Overload. Think I got my tactics right, but lost my best defender after 20 minutes and the replacement scored a 4.7. Annoying.

A much needed first win in my new reign as Nardo boss. They were the favourites so I packed my midfield and hoped for some ingenuity down the wings to provide me with what would become my first goal as well as my first win. It turned out to be rather fortuitous as their keeper dropped the ball at the feet of my left winger who duly slotted the ball home. It was then just a case of playing out the game. They had a few breaks, my right back made a calamitous error and had to be saved by some quick goalkeeping reflexes and we had few chances of our own, but we lasted it out.

Proud of the lads; but we need to follow it up to secure our place in Norwegian Division 2 next season.

I need to score some goals too. Could barely hit a cows arse from 2 yards so far, to be frank.

Finished last season on a downer, losing 3-2. We were 2 points short of a promotion playoff spot.

But I have signed some really nice-looking players in the offseason, so I hope we can top our performance of last season.

AC San Marino - Sampdoria 4 - 0

Serie A, 23.12.2018 Olimpico, Serravalle

Edinho 4', 46', 58', 62'

Edinho, who I bought in the summer of 2018 was my top scorer with 3 goals so far (although he did suffer a five-week injury) and hadn't really been the great influence I expected from him, but he proved his ability today. Despite this great result, we are still a long, long way from safety, languishing in 19th place with 13 points from 18 games.

16th Fiorentina 18pld - 18pts

17th Reggina 18 pld - 18 pts

18th Bologna 18 pld - 16 pts

19th AC San Marino 18 pld - 13 pts

20th Salernitana 18 pld - 8 pts.

Lot of hard work to be done, but I have Bruno Zuculini (Franco Zuculini's baby brother) coming in for 4.2M on the 1st of January, he should be a great help in my coming efforts to prevent goals.

Arsenal 2 - 1 Manchester United (Prem)

My leading scorer's 18th league goal of the season (21st overall) earned us a much-deserved win against title rivals United, cutting their lead at the top to 2 points (And still with a game in hand over them). His 89th minute winner was our 16th league goal scored in the 85th minute or later this season (20th overall), and those late goals have earned us 10 points.

Man Utd 1 - 3 Man City

Still 09/10 season, and only bought 1 player, who didn't even play in this match. Toure put me ahead from a corner, before Berbatov equalised, then Santa Cruz put me 2-1 up at HT, before Toure finished it off in the second half. :)

Currently in 6th place in the PL, Villa are top with a game in hand! Chelsea are 2nd I think, with Stoke (!?) iin 3rd.

AC San Marino - Torino 3 - 2

Gennaro D'Antoni 21'                       Victor Obinna '32
Nicolàs Navarro own goal '64             Pieter van den Heuvel own goal 90+2
Bruno Zuculini '90+3

So delighted with that late winner, thought I had just thrown three points away in injury time.

Man Utd 5 - 1 Wolves.

This result actually shocked me a bit, as Wolves are the new Arsenal on my game. Still, it was wonderfull to watch Rooney and Vukcevic get five goals in between eachother. Rooney with a fine hat-trick and Vukcevic with two screamers from almost 70 yards in total. Love him!

Charlton 0 - 7 Arsenal (FA Cup 5th round)

Fantastic result against a team at the top of the Championship. Considering how many first team players I rested I was expecting a tighter game, but i'm chuffed with the win anyway. I want to win the FA Cup this season, and this has helped us on our way. Colchester in the next round.

Archived