The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Newcastle 4 -1 West Brom final day of the EPL season. We needed a win to confirm 4th place, amazing result!! Season 3 with Newcastle... then offered Man Utd job and took it, saved the game, then returned to St James' to attack the ECC in 2013!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left KFUM behind when I got offered the Inverness Caley Thistle job. They were languishing in mid table so I've had to start a mini revival. Came up blank against a good St. Johnstone side.

St. Johnstone 0-0 Inverness Caley Thistle

Both teams hit the wood work in the last five minutes.

Played against Stade de Reims at home with Amiens. Won goal attempts 13-6, lost shots on goal 1-3, lost game 1-3(0-1). Great day for goalkeeping.

At one point one of my useless strikers had got past Reims' goalkeeper, had an empty goal before him, but a relatively narrow angle, like thirty degrees, yet I was expecting a goal but the bad excuse for a striker turned away from the goal and passed the ball to a team mate in a much worse position... I just love when that happens...

EDIT: And in the next game, facing Aviron Bayonnais - winless in nine games - away, won goal attempts 14-8, shots on goal 6-4, had yet another penalty

claim turned down (in 29 games this season 1 penalty so far) and was lucky to get a 2-2(1-2) draw.

EDIT Part Two: In the game after that, at home to Rodez Aveyron Football I win shots on goal 4-2 and lose 1-2(1-1). 0 saves for the goalkeeper, five players injured, couple of them severely.

EDIT Part Three: Won shots on goal 6-4 but lost away to AS Beauvais Oise 1-2(0-1).

Galatasaray 0-3 Kayserispor Turkish Cup Group C

Good win for me really, i tried to mess up the next game i had so some other team knocked Galatasaray out, but i ended up drawing, and now some other team just need a win to knock them out, hopefully they will.

brighouse 6 leeds carnige 0. leeds had 3/4 of their player out either injured or suspended) half of the 11 men were "greys" plus all of the subs were as well. I only had one first team player out due his reckless lunge the match before which got him a straight red plus an ear bashing from me

My last result was a disspointing 1-1 friendly draw with Preston away. I am playing as Chelsea btw. Played a slightly weakened team but still dominated. They scored first and only Deco could get me a goal despite many chances for more than a winner.

Man City vs. Wolves 7-1

Great result, since my team had an average age of 20.7 years. I've already won the league, so I decided to start some youngsters.

2 goals were scored by my 18-year-old right winger.

2 goals were scored by my 18-year-old left winger.

1 goal was scored by my 17-year-old striker.

The other goals were scored by Fàbregas and Adebayor btw.

Rochdale 3 - 3 Rotherham United

Rochdale are 1st in the league, I am 2nd.

3 - 0 down after 56 minutes, I decided to make a triple change, bringing on a midfielder, winger and a striker. Within minutes my sub striker gets a goal, quickly followed by my sub winger, and in the last minute of the game, my sub midfielder plays a perfect pass for my striker to draw level.

My best comeback so far on FM!

Bath City - Clevedon (FA 4th. Qualifying Round) 7-0

My best game so far ... and probably will be for a while. Biggest score line I have ever had. Best ratings I have ever had. And Clevedon is a local rival, so fans are ecstatic ;)

Also used a few guys who haven't played much ... my hattrick hero is my 5th. choice striker (originally winger, but retrained as I don't use wingers), and it was his first competitive match of the season.

I am what you would call fairly happy :D

BestGameEver.png

My last result was the last game of the 2017/18 season with Leeds. The Champions League final in Cardiff... Marseille 2-3 Leeds Utd. Massive result cause it sealed a 3rd straight Champions League title and bagged the 7th and last trophy of the season. Won everything. Community shield, european super cup, world club championship, carling cup, f.a. cup, premiership and champions league. Think it may be my last result for the game also, nice long wait until FM11 lol

My last result was the last game of the 2017/18 season with Leeds. The Champions League final in Cardiff... Marseille 2-3 Leeds Utd. Massive result cause it sealed a 3rd straight Champions League title and bagged the 7th and last trophy of the season. Won everything. Community shield, european super cup, world club championship, carling cup, f.a. cup, premiership and champions league. Think it may be my last result for the game also, nice long wait until FM11 lol

Nice one!

ten letter rule blah blah

I just sent my youths out (Since I've already won the leauge) for some extra match experience.

Turns out it was the semi final of the FA cup. Got steamrolled by sunderland 3-1.

I obviously need to pay more attention to the upcoming fixtures :p

blrgh.th.png

Archived