The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Triestina 6-1 Genoa

Genoa are usually a toughie with a good squad and especially great midfield. Not the greatest set of full-backs though and my wingers exploited that and a really good start by my team saw me take an early 3-0 lead. Then they pulled one back but then got someone sent off for kicking one of my players, so the whole thing became a bit of a train wreck for Genoa, their goalkeeper keeping the scoreline down. Finished 6-1, could have been double digits for me.

German 3. liga: Regensburg - Eintracht Braunschweig 2-0(1-0).

Got sacked because of the defeat; 2 4 6 start to to the season. Just couldn't score goals, difference 6-13, couple of the last thanks to "dubious penalties". Irritating when my team got in 52 league and cup games a total of just 2 penalties... :(

Triestina 6-0 Ocean Boys (Club World Championship)

Chucked my kids out plus a couple of oldies looking to get fitness. Poor first half only scoring twice; switched my central midfielder to the left and put on a proper defensive midfielder and never looked back. A surprisingly good youngster got on the scoresheet twice - second-top scorer in my Under-20s despite a lesser number of stars, and he was outstanding.

Cagliari 5 - 1 Juventus

I literally was in complete shock. I'm currently 1st in Serie A after 25 games and continuously described as 'Serie A's surprise package. Took over when Cagliari were in SerieB, mid-table - season and a half later and I'm top of Serie A. Lots of scraping wins with my defensive counter-attacking, but seems to be doing the business.

Everton 1-1 Shaktar Donetsk (7-1 agg) - Europa League

Djalo for me. I won 6-0 away so this game was a formality with my reserves. What a signing Djalois though! £600k at the start of the game and he has 30 goals for me this season!

Amiens - FC Paris 0-0.

Two frustrating games after 10 consecutive games without defeat, first 0-2 away defeat to Cannes and now this. Together 32 shots on goal, 14 of them blocked, just 7 saves for opposing keepers, four penalty shouts turned down (in 20 competitive games with Amiens this season I haven't got a single penalty...).

And to add insult to injury, the news item after FC Paris match called my team "impotent". Thanks a bunch.

Amiens - Evian Thonon Gaillard FC 0-0.

Frustrating game, won shots 19-3, shots on target 6-1 (but 7 blocked). One penalty shout turned down, three players injured by the opposing

team's players, including my top scorer and top assist. In the previous game against Moulins the score was the same and won shots 13-2.

Archived