The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nardo 1 - 0 Ullern

A much needed first win in my new reign as Nardo boss. They were the favourites so I packed my midfield and hoped for some ingenuity down the wings to provide me with what would become my first goal as well as my first win. It turned out to be rather fortuitous as their keeper dropped the ball at the feet of my left winger who duly slotted the ball home. It was then just a case of playing out the game. They had a few breaks, my right back made a calamitous error and had to be saved by some quick goalkeeping reflexes and we had few chances of our own, but we lasted it out.

Proud of the lads; but we need to follow it up to secure our place in Norwegian Division 2 next season.

I need to score some goals too. Could barely hit a cows arse from 2 yards so far, to be frank.

Coca Cola Championship

MK Dons 1 Stoke City 2

Buzsaky 25..........Whelan (p) 30

.........................Donaldson 37

The terrible home form continues... Only 1 win all season at Stadium MK and I'm into February.

Could have won this game though after an Akos Buzsaky tap in gave us the lead, but then hawk-eyed ref, Lee Probert spotted a push by my defender on one of their players at a corner. Then a Stoke midfielder misplaced a pass behind Clayton Donaldson which somehow also caught out Michael Turner and Donaldson shot into the bottom corner.

Norwich at home will be a must win game in the battle against relegation, I am honestly surprised I am still manager at the Dons being in 20th place in the table with expectations of mid table obscurity with a squad capable (on paper) of doing this.

Stoke meanwhile are in the playoff race.

Bedford Town 1 - 0 Mildenhall Town

Recently promoted side stunned my side---limited my chances to just a few poor attempts...need to turn things around quickly now....

Next up, a home draw against Norther Premier league Worksop, an FA Cup first round draw...should be a challenge, as they are running well in their league currently...

And, as expected, a challenge it was...

Mildenhall Town 1 - 1 Worksop

A dramatic injury time goal from my young striker (his first ever for Mildenhall) erased a 6th minute own goal and ensured we are not yet out of the competition....

And, finally, another competition, the Cambridgeshire Invitational cup---a competition which we won last year...first round draw against Level 10 Godmanchester....a team we should dominate.... ended

Godmanchester 0 - 2 Mildenhall Town

We completely dominated....the scoreline should've been higher (not taking into account the missed penalty). Need to look at creating chances....the last few matches have really given few good chances...and, to top it off, my playmaker (leading with assists this season) is out 4 weeks with a pulled hamstring....time to look for a new player or two...

Is there no end of non-league matches? Next up, Worksop, in the FA cup 1st round replay, courtesy of that injury time equalizer at home...this time it is:

Worksop 0 - 1 Mildenhall Town

A match that looked destined for penalties, when I hit an 87th minute goal for the win.

That leads us into the Suffolk Premier cup first round tie with AFC Sudbury, a team I have done well against historically, and this time is no exception:

Mildenhall Town 3 - 1 AFC Sudbury

The visitors never looked to have a chance in this one....and I'm hoping that the confidence we're gaining will stand well for us, as we go into the FA Cup 2nd round, featuring Thamesmead Town from the Isthmian League 1DS

A shocker of a refereeing job led us to:

Thamesmead 2 - 2 Mildenhall Town

Both home goals appeared to be offsides, but nothing I can do but impress on the lads they need to take care of the job at home...which, 3 days later, they do:

Mildenhall Town 3 - 0 Thamesmead

The performance I've been looking for all season....through to the 3rd round , with Ebbsfleet of the BSP our scheduled opponents. First, though, we finally get a series of league matches....much needed, as we've got a league low 9 matches played (16 being the highest, with 13 or so being average). Our position of 17th in the table really isn't indicative....but I shudder to think of where those extra matches are going to get squeezed in...being the 1st of November already...

Yesss,

Champions League First Knockout Round (first leg)

Sevilla 0 Wolfsburg 1

Hosebe 82'

Thought i'd get walked all over by Fabiano and co. but i put heeps of oppo instructions and they really worked, all 4 attacking players were below 75% by the 57th minute :D And i grabbed a scrappy goal from a corner :thup:

Borussia Dortmund 1-3 Aston Villa (3-4 on aggregate)

Having lost the first leg of this Champions League first knockout round tie 2-1 at Villa Park courtesy of a demoralising late winner for them, I didn't give us much of a chance of progressing. A good, battling display in Germany would've pleased me, especially as we had not made it to the quarter finals since I took over.

The game got off to a brilliant start with Wilshire tormenting their defenders to find a way through before blasting one into the bottom corner of the net. Then, with just over half an hour played, wonderkid Emin Cicek hit the post, Delfouneso firing in the rebound to give us a deserved if slightly unlikely lead. Naturally, they came at us a lot more after half-time, and all of that pressure paid off when Gokhan Inler scored a marvellous goal, seemingly one to send the tie into extra time. Cue a certain Mr. Agbonlahor to come off the bench and fire his team into the quarter final with four minutes of normal time left on the clock.

Coca Cola League 2

Walsall 1 Barnet 3

Someone.....Bayly (12)

.................Williams (25,35)

Good start to my reign as Barnet boss on this save with an opening day victory at Walsall after quitting BSS side Bishop's Stortford at the end of the 2012-13 season.

All the goals came in the first half and we defended well, (which is rare for me as a manager to have a team defend well) to hold onto the 3-1 lad after the break.

Still 45 games to go on this season, but a great start.

First league match in last 6 proved a disappointment...

Mildenhall Town 0 - 2 Stourbridge

2nd place team dominated us in most areas...but we bounced back with

Taunton 0 - 2 Mildenhall Town O

Our first win in 5 league matches---hopefully something we can continue. But first, the FA Cup 3rd round tie against Ebbsfleet...against whom we have little chance...but, anything can happen, right??

And, happen it did, as a near record 515 supporters came out to watch

Mildenhall Town 1 - 0 Ebbsfleet

Bottom of BSP Ebbsfleet through everything at us in the 5 minute stoppage time, but could not get through, and my striker's loan goal was enough to see us through to the 4th round... :)

Estoril - Feirense 0-0 :D:D:D

The best result of the season, and the last ....We WON the Liga Vitalis and promotion :D this is my carier save so the biggest achievement so far 2016.

From December we had a very good form ongoing but something broke in February after three games in which we won 1-0 only. I knew we had a shot for promotion so decided I won't renew 15 contracts. Well let's say almost costed me the title. We were struggling after a 7 point lead. The last game we needed a draw to clinch the title, a game before that we won 3-0 and already clinched second spot if anything would have happened, but sweet draw I was never happier for a 0-0

Coton Green 2-2 Chelmsford City (FA Cup 1st Round)

My Zamaretto Midland team are 0-1 at half time against a team from BSN and 0-2 barely minutes into second half. Couple of tweaks and we claw back for a more than respectable draw.

Chelmsford City 3-3 Coton Green (FA Cup 1st Round Replay, AET 5-6 on pens)

Once again, I find myself 2-0 down using the tactics I finished the previous game with. A quick tweak to how I started in the original tie and I'm back at 2-2 and looking at extra time. My key DC gets himself a second yellow early in ET and I concede from a corner. Thinking the dream is over, we break away and force penalties. With my GK scoring our last kick and saving theirs, my hero.

Next round against some other lot from BSN, playing for a place in the third round. I'd love to get a plum away tie against Premier opposition as I'm about £35k in the red.

Nardo 1 - 1 Byasen

A Norwegian Second Division game we should have won but struggled to get a point in. To be fair, by the end of the match I was happy to get a point. A few of my players played absolutely dire, my right back gave away a dead-cert penalty and I had two players sent off for second bookings. The referee was a bit unfair on us and Byasen got off lightly when it came to yellows, but these are the things you need to get around when you're fighting against relegation.

We were 1-0 down going in to the last minute of injury time when we got a throw on the right. Now I have a center back whose long throw ability is 20 and all season he's failed to deliver so I expected nothing to come of it. So I was overjoyed when the flick on came to my central midfielder and he hammered in an unstoppable shot from the edge of the area.

Down to 9 men and we level the match in the 93rd minute. What can I say to that?

Now we just need to learn how to score in normal play. I'm sure anyone will agree that two goals in 7/8 matches is never enough.

ES Setif 3-3 ASO Chlef (Algerian First Division)

One of the most frustrating game I've ever played. The scoreline might not look too odd, but ALL three of their goals - plus one of my own - were penalties, with their equaliser coming 2 minutes from time. To add further insult to injury, the Ref seemed hellbent on showing his cards as much as possible, giving my team 6 yellow cards and 2 reds, and red carding an opposition player aswell. I wouldn't have been as annoyed if it hadn't have said that he'd had a brilliant game in the Match Report!

Real Madrid - Bonner SC 0:5 (http://yfrog.com/7frealuj)

European Super Cup 2037. One of my greatest moments. I struggled for a long time in FM08, FM09 and FM10 and now finally I have something like a winning streak. I won my first Champions League title in an FM-game. Thanks to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond tactic and my stubborn persistence (many unsuccessful seasons since 2009, took the club from the 4th league to the Bundesliga) I can finally think of starting a second savegame with FM10. Any suggestions?

7 May 2039

Hibernian 0-2 Rangers

Last league game of the season. With the league wrapped up ages ago, a team of fringe and youth players still managed to beat nearest rivals Hibs comfortably. Now got the scottish cup final and champions league final to look forward to as Rangers go for the clean sweep. Barca in the champs league final won't be easy!

14 May 2039

Scottish Cup Final

Rangers 5-1 Celtic

Rangers got revenge for their recent league defeat with an absolute pasting of their arch rivals to complete a domestic treble. Bring on Barcelona in the Champions League Final! Though in reality will be suprised if they win, still a great achievement to get to the final so shall just enjoy the game!

Archived