The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gillingham (ME) 3-2 Leyton orient, First season of FM2008 about 15 games in,

I went 2-0 ahead and dominated the first half, Orient got a lucky goal 10 minutes from the end and started really pushing for an equalizer, my players suffering from playing 3 games in a week buckled under the pressure and in the 89 minute BAM! goal, an Orient team which should of been easy to beat had salvaged a point or so they thought. Desperately I threw everything at Leyton Orient, and in the 93rd minute Nick Colgan scored a goal from 20 yards out to get the win for my Gills team.

What a relief! with that result I remain 2nd in league 1

Manchester United 3-3 Arsenal

(United win 17-16 on penalties)

Champions League Final 2011

What a game!!!

Tevez 12, Rooney 80, Carrick 86

Vela 8, 47, Adebayor 18

That sounds epic :)

West Brom 0 - Spurs 2

:( Disappointing considering I beat Villa 3-1 not long ago

MK Dons 4 Nottm Forest 3

Coca-Cola Championship 2010/2011 (FM08)

Howard (13,37,64) Lafferty (4)

Miller (90+2) Davies (77,79)

We got off to a bad start when Kyle Lafferty gave Forest an early lead, but with our first chance of the game Attacking Midfielder Brian Howard scored he scored a second just before HT which made the team talk a little difficult.

About 20 minutes into the second half Jemal Johnson layed off for Brian Howard to smash in a 20 yarder which looked like the Forest Goalkeeper could have easily saved. Then Forest put on Arron Davies and the fightback started when he tapped in on 77 minutes to give Forest hope he silenced the home crowd when he eqaulised for them. Then Tommy Miller rose up and powered a header past Forest's goalkeeper from a Mark Wright corner in injury time to secure an epic win for the Dons.

The result leaves Forest dead and buried at the bottom of the Championship on 9 points it also leaves us a step closer to mid table obscurity with 37 points from 26 games.

Quite possibly my greatest win ever.

History

I decided that until FM10, I would create a 'Super League', with all the best teams in the world in, plus Man City (who I am managing). These are the teams that are in the league:

1. Man Utd

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Ac Milan

6. Inter Milan

7. Roma

8. Juventus

9. Barcelona

10. Real Madrid

11. Valencia

12. Bayern Munich

13. Wolfsburg

14. Olympique de Marsielle

15. FC Girordins de Bordeaux

16. CSKA Moscow

17. Boca Junior

18. Sao Paulo

19. Ajax

20. Man City

My Last Game

I played Liverpool, and the odds were stacked against me, and was apparently guaranteed to lose. Then this happened.

34i4wpe.jpg

6 - 0 up at half time! I couldnt believe it! Here are the player ratings.

v3nktk.jpg

Vagner Love was an absolute God in this game, part of me hopes he doesnt keep scoring like this though cause theres a clause in his contract which states once he scores 30 goals I pay Moscow 20 million :(

So if Im only as good as my last result, I may never play FM again :)

That sounds epic :)

West Brom 0 - Spurs 2

:( Disappointing considering I beat Villa 3-1 not long ago

It was epic indeed :D

It took over 20 minutes, that penalty shootout

Was a nervewracking experience

Unlucky losing to Spurs mate :(

Anyway, here's my latest result:

Manchester United 2-0 Wigan Athletic

FA Cup Final 2011

Rooney 44, Schwaab 47

With this victory I won the Quadruple!

AaB 0-0 Juventus Champions League 3rd Round Qualifier 2008

Lost 0-3 on aggregate having lost away as expected, albeit they only bagged second and third goals in the last 2 minutes of that game.

We did well in both legs, created chances, but lacked quality in defence with a weaker AaB side. (No transfer kitty in the first window either)

Got all excited remembering we'd be in the UEFA Cup.... and then got drawn against AC Milan and wanted to cry :D

I'll be writing a story about this for FMS, so i've spoilered it.

Newcastle 0-0 Tottenham

A draw that confirmed Newcastle's (our) survival on goal difference. Boro, Bolton and Hull went down. I took over, 3 points adrift with 5 games to go. 1 win, 3 draws and a loss later we had survived by the skin of our teeth.

F.C Barcelona 2 - Atletico Madrid 0

After resigning from City, two days later I was contacted by FCB to become their new manager... been a quite bad season for them, but so far, with 4/4 victories under new management, we might still get the league. Team is gonna need some serious rebuilding, too, with a lot of the team aged up, and no good bench players

(Me) England 6 Belarus 0, 2010 World Cup Qualifying.

An easy victory which meant I finished Qualifying with a record of 9 Wins and 1 Draw, conceding only 1 goal (against Ukraine away) in the process.

Now onto the World Cup!

By the way, can someone please tell me how to make text bold on the forums? Thanks in advance.

Everton 1 - 1 Portsmouth

FA Cup 3rd Round 2006/7.

I was completely hammered in the league 3 - 0 by Everton, so I decided to muck about and put in a team of youngsters (plus my captain and another first teamer). If it hadn't been for my captain's backside getting in the way of an Everton cross, it would've been a famous victory for my youth - bloody typical, isn't it? :D

Champions League, 2008/09 - First Knockout Round

Arsenal 0 (3) - 0 (4) Barcelona

Devastating! How dare Barca finish second in their group, I shoulda been on a beeline to the semis at least. This game was pretty dull besides Fabregas twice hitting the bar, but the first game was incredible - I scored after five minutes, after which they tore me to shreds to get 4-1 up by 60 minutes, before Bendtner and a bafflingly out of position Sagna pulled me back and gave me hope. But it wasn't to be.

Man City 4 - 1 Liverpool

A great result for my Man City side, with Pogrebnyak hitting two in the first ten minutes, one being a 30 yard free kick. Davide Santon added a third before half time and scored his second just after the hour mark to make it 4-0. Tymoschuk scored a late long range strike to give Liverpool a consolation.

I've noticed that most people only post their last result as long as they won. :D

TPS 1 - 2 Tampere Utd

Beat them 2-0 away from home in the first game and in typical fashion 9 of my players have an absolute stinker and we get dominated at home. Coming off the back of a European game in mid-week. How is it my team always plays poor after European games? Lethargic buggers.

Ajax - FC Utrecht 1-0 (Eredivisie)

(74. Gabri)

Utrecht is somehow inconvenient opponent for me. Although Utrecht's Silberbauer was sent of somewhere around 25. minute already, it took me whole 74 minutes to score a single goal in a match I dominated.

First game of the season between us was much more battling, but ended similarly 1-0 when Vermaelen became the hero with winning header at 87th minute.

Next will be Atletico Madrid in UEFA Cup 1st knockout round. Wis me luck :p

Archived