Players not improving

hi guys

im in my 4th season with man utd and at the moment i have some very promising youngsters coming through, but they arent improving as quickly as i would have thought.

henri saivet has a pa of around 185 and he just isnt getting anywhere! ive looked at his ca with an editor and he has been on 145 for about a year and a half and hes now 23. i dont understand why he hasnt improved as i have been playing him in first team matches and sent him on loan a year ago to blackburn in the premiership where he scored about 25 goals.

this is the same with lorenzo de silvestri...again he has a pa of 180 and is stuck on a ca of 145ish. he is a backup to rafael at the moment but still plays about 15-20 games a season.

its not just these two either i have another 3 or 4 in the same boat and im just wondering if its my training schedules or if they need more games? they dont seem willing to go out on loan anywhere and i just want to get the best out of them!

any ideas?

thanks in advance

:)

lorenzo de silvestri is backup to rafael? that may explain why his CA isnt improving, he isnt getting enough matches, loan him out to a team where he will get 30+ games a year and his CA should go higher

Some things to consider:

1.Players under 20 should almost never(maybe Messi...) be a First Team regular doesn't matter how good he is.

If he plays too much he is going to burn out and not improve anymore.

I give a 18-19 year olds 1-2 matches and then 4-6 break (4 when not playing international and 6 when playin int.).

Even a 20 year old shouldn't play ALL games under certain circumstances,maybe 50-75%, I consider my players ''adult'' by the age of 21.

2.How are his mental stats, players with low Ambition/Determination and profesionnalism will probably never reach their full PA as they don't care.

3.Sometimes players don't improve anymore, Si changed the developement of players, so that not every youngster reaches his full Pa.

4.Developement can come to a halt when youngsters are exposed too young to too much first team football<-----playing a 16 year old in Rotation isn't that smart in most cases.

5.Youngsters need a good combination of Firstteam football and training in order to improve.

I do it like this:

14-17 year old->youth Team, remember to get good tutors with very good mental stats, tutoring aids greatly CA improvement.

18 year old->Play him sparingly in the first team, 1-2 games then let him rest for the next 4-6 games.

19 year old->either 2-3 games and rest or loan him out to an ACTIVE(important!) league where he is a valueable tmember of the first team!

20 year old->Make or break age, some players need a lot of first team football to improve now, others still shouldn't be overplayed, try to find the sweetspot for each player.

21 year old->No holding back now, give him like all your other players an odd rest here and there to not overwork them though.

Crap, I think I burned Rafael Carioca out then. I got him in season one and he has been in the first team playing week in week out for 2 years now. He just lost his wonderkid status too. :(

EDIT: Checked him with FM Scout. He is 158 out of 168. :(

Archived