[Skin Release] Larger Numbered Tactic Sliders (Updated V 1.1)

radestock

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Here we have some new version for FM10, should work perfectly on every skin.

There you go:

Download (v3)

Have a look in the little Readme:

Installation:

a) On an existing skin...

Just extract the two xml files to

My Documents\Football Manager 2010\skins\*your skin*\panels

b) For FM10-Standardskin

Extract the two folders (or only one of them, if you just want to use the light or the dark version) to

My Documents\Football Manager 2010\skins\

Choose this skin to play.

Open FM and go to the preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

Note:

You can also merge this with several skins/modifcations (e.g. other attribute colours).

Just copy the panels folder to your modification and after a Skin Reload everything should be fine.

Thanks to radestock for his fantastic FM09-mod, this here is based on his work.

And yes, I'm not a fan of those fmf-files. I like it the oldschool way with xmls and folders :D

;4422246']Here we have some new version for FM10' date=' should work perfectly on every skin.

There you go:

Download

Installation:

b) For FM10-Standardskin

Extract the two folders (or only one of them, if you just want to use the light or the dark version) to

Open FM and go to the preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

Note:

You can also merge this with several skins/modifcations (e.g. other attribute colours).

Just copy the panels folder to your modification and after a Skin Reload everything should be fine.

And yes, I'm not a fan of those fmf-files. I like it the oldschool way with xmls and folders :D

they dont work iv tryed em

queensparkrangers.png

queensparkrangers2.png

;4422246']Here we have some new version for FM10' date=' should work perfectly on every skin.

There you go:

Download

Installation:

b) For FM10-Standardskin

Note:

they dont work iv tryed em

queensparkrangers.png

queensparkrangers2.png

They do work :thup:

I meant in Classic mode they don't work no matter what I try ;). In normal mode they are fine :).

For those with problems I have done it that way:

I have default skin so I followed the instruction to extract two folders to My Documents\Sports Interactive\ Football Manager 2010\skins

Then I went to game preferences -> Display and Sound -> Chose skin Tactical Sliders with Numbers (Light)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to do this for training bars and if it is possible to put "Maintain", "Improve" etc above training bars or move the faint lines on the bars so they represent this more accurately. Training is a pain!

Hi mates,

I'm currently working on a version for training. But there are some problems :-|

I've managed it as so far: I checked the panels.fmf and found out that the changes have to be made within the training schedule.xml. So I compared it with the team instructions.xml and it was very easy to find out, how it should work. But then the problems start. Take this for example:

<widget class="text" row="0" col="0" text="Strength[COMMENT - training category]" column_span="2"/>
	<widget class="slider_horizontal" id="[b][color=red]PTst[/color][/b]" row="0" col="3" >
		<integer id="notch_frequency" value="0" />
		<integer id="interval" value="1" />
		<integer id="page_interval" value="1" />
		<boolean id="draw_middle_notch" value="no" />
		<boolean id="draw_notches" value="yes" />
		<flags id="alignment" value="centre_y" />
		<integer id="min_value" value="0" />
		<integer id="max_value" value="25" />
		<integer id="value" value="0" />
		<boolean id="show_notch_text" value="true" /> 
		<integer id="text_width" value="120" />
		<flags id="changed_event" value="[b][color=red]PTst[/color][/b]" />
		<flags id="final_changed_event" value="[b][color=red]fcst[/color][/b]" />
	<list id="items">
				<record>
					<integer id="index" value="0" />
					<string id="text" value="None (0)" />
				</record>
				<record>
					<integer id="index" value="1" />
					<string id="text" value="Light (1)" />
				</record>
				<record>
					<integer id="index" value="2" />
					<string id="text" value="Light (2)" />
				</record>
				<record>
					<integer id="index" value="25" />
					<string id="text" value="Intensive (25)" />
				</record>
			</list>
	</widget>
	<widget class="text" row="10" col="0" text="Workload[COMMENT - overall training workload]" column_span="2"/>
	<widget class="slider_horizontal" id="[b][color=red]PTov[/color][/b]" row="10" col="3" >
		<integer id="notch_frequency" value="26" />
		<integer id="max_value" value="130" />
		<flags id="changed_event" value="[b][color=red]PTov[/color][/b]" />
		<flags id="final_changed_event" value="[b][color=red]fcwl[/color][/b]" />

I've colored the important parts! Here's where the real problem is. With a structure like this, there's nothing to see. Nothing changed after Skin Reload. I've tested now several combinations of those marked values but then I noticed something really important. It worked in some way but it can't discriminate all schedules seperately. *Doh* ^^

Then there seems to be a problem with the overall workload to get the numbers from the separate training workloads from above. But it could be the same problem as above. Dunno yet :(

Has anyone any good ideas? Here's the (currently not working) file. Maybe someone has an extra hint or so?

Download WIP numbered training sliders

When you download it and the file is named as training_schedule.xml or so then please rename it to training schedule.xml otherwise your game will crash!!

Installation: see my post above... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4422246#post4422246

On existing skins it is very easy. If you wanna test it within the Standard-skins you maybe want to download my tactical sliders first and just add this xml to the panels-folder.

Note: You'll have to refresh the skin to see something happen.

And once again finally: currently it is not working! Hope someone of you has the crucial hint. :)

• 3 weeks later...
anyone working on this?

Still working on the training sliders. Testing the several combinations and hoping that one leads to the answer. I'll post here, if there's any news on this.

Here are some explanations about the training sliders. So if anybody else want to check this, please do so!

Let's take Strength as category:

<widget class="text" row="0" col="0" text="Strength[COMMENT - training category]" column_span="2"/>

<widget class="slider_horizontal" id="PTst" row="0" col="3" >

<flags id="changed_event" value="PTst" />

<flags id="final_changed_event" value="fcst" />

As you see there are 3 values (rest of this section has nothing to do with the value of it and only defines limits, notches etc.). PTst stands for Player Training Strength. fcst for ?? Strength. So there are 3 free places and 2 values, this makes 2^3=8 possible variants:

PTst, PTst, PTst

PTst, PTst, fcst

PTst, fcst, PTst

PTst, fcst, fcst

fcst, PTst, PTst

fcst, PTst, fcst

fcst, fcst, PTst

fcst, fcst, fcst

Bold is Standard from SI and there are no numbers to see. So still 7 variants are remaining.

Very important is the end of the file Workload is calculated from the several values above. Already managed it to show the numbers just to see that workload doesn't change. :(

<widget class="text" row="10" col="0" text="Workload[COMMENT - overall training workload]" column_span="2"/>

<widget class="slider_horizontal" id="PTov" row="10" col="3" >

<flags id="changed_event" value="PTov" />

<flags id="final_changed_event" value="fcwl" />

There's a problem that a single slider movement has global effects. I tested it and have watched this and that isn't good. But So long we have to test.

AND: I don't know how to make the numbers show up in Classic Tactic View. Sorry. :(

For some reason when I try using the dark version of the numbered sliders it still takes me to the light version of the skin. Anyone else had this issue?

Hmm, I can't reproduce this error. Sorry. :(

Open the numberedsliders dark folder, and open the "numberedsliders dark.xml" file. There should be a line about 9 lines down that looks like this:

<flags id="parent" value="fm2010"/>

Change it to this:

<flags id="parent" value="fm2010 dark"/>

Untick Use Skin Cache and reload. That should fix it, it did for me.

;4628384']Hi mates' date='

I'm currently working on a version for training. But there are some problems :-|

I've managed it as so far: I checked the [b']panels.fmf[/b] and found out that the changes have to be made within the training schedule.xml. So I compared it with the team instructions.xml and it was very easy to find out, how it should work. But then the problems start. Take this for example:

<widget class="slider_horizontal" id="[b][color=red]PTst[/color][/b]" row="0" col="3" >
           <flags id="changed_event" value="[b][color=red]PTst[/color][/b]" />
           <flags id="final_changed_event" value="[b][color=red]fcst[/color][/b]" />
       <list id="items">
                   <record>
                       <integer id="index" value="0" />
                       <string id="text" value="None (0)" />
                   </record>
                   <record>
                       <integer id="index" value="1" />
                       <string id="text" value="Light (1)" />
                   </record>
                   <record>
                       <integer id="index" value="2" />
                       <string id="text" value="Light (2)" />
                   </record>
                   <record>
                       <integer id="index" value="25" />
                       <string id="text" value="Intensive (25)" />
                   </record>
               </list>
       </widget>
       <widget class="slider_horizontal" id="[b][color=red]PTov[/color][/b]" row="10" col="3" >
           <flags id="changed_event" value="[b][color=red]PTov[/color][/b]" />
           <flags id="final_changed_event" value="[b][color=red]fcwl[/color][/b]" />

I've colored the important parts! Here's where the real problem is. With a structure like this, there's nothing to see. Nothing changed after Skin Reload. I've tested now several combinations of those marked values but then I noticed something really important. It worked in some way but it can't discriminate all schedules seperately. *Doh* ^^

Then there seems to be a problem with the overall workload to get the numbers from the separate training workloads from above. But it could be the same problem as above. Dunno yet :(

Has anyone any good ideas? Here's the (currently not working) file. Maybe someone has an extra hint or so?

Download WIP numbered training sliders

When you download it and the file is named as training_schedule.xml or so then please rename it to training schedule.xml otherwise your game will crash!!

Installation: see my post above... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4422246#post4422246

On existing skins it is very easy. If you wanna test it within the Standard-skins you maybe want to download my tactical sliders first and just add this xml to the panels-folder.

Note: You'll have to refresh the skin to see something happen.

And once again finally: currently it is not working! Hope someone of you has the crucial hint. :)

Any news regarding the training sliders, this would be useful when you need to scale down for part time and youth training.

Regards

Currently writing some exams @ university. I'll take care of it after 21st February. Some friend of mine wanted to check this too, but I haven't heard any news from him yet.

Just read this, if you want to try this on your own: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4757695&postcount=120

@ US Arsenal

I don't have any clue how to make this work within classic view.

@ Uncle Sam

Thanks for reporting this. Have corrected this issue now.

• 3 weeks later...
;4943048']Not yet. Still have this on my mind. Doing some tests maybe this night and tomorrow night. Really hoping' date=' that I can make it work somehow. *Crossing fingers* ;)[/quote']

That would be great, thanks in advance for this contribution-to-come...

Working the sliders without number references feels like playing a very outdated FM version... :p

Little update... Having already stated that there are 8 possible variations (see my posts above)

PTst, PTst, PTst => no numbers

PTst, PTst, fcst => Standard setting... no numbers showing up

PTst, fcst, PTst => no numbers

PTst, fcst, fcst => no numbers, workload doesn't work correctly

fcst, fcst, PTst => numbers, but workload doesn't work correctly

fcst, fcst, fcst => numbers, but workload doesn't work correctly

fcst, PTst, PTst => same as in the setup below

fcst, PTst, fcst => numbers and workload are changing, but: all the sliders positions will be written over the positions within the other shedules, yet the workload remains "old" and belongs to the former setup of your shedule! Also all sliders positions are positioned at 0 (that is a problem within the file itself, I can change that to any value you would like... 10 or so seems good to me). So if you want to setup a shedule, you have to first reset the workload to 0. Then you can start off with editing. Don't be bothered of the identical slider positions in any other shedules, just reset workload and setup your shedule. Then go to the next shedule, reset workload and setup. It should work the way we want it.

Unfortunately there are several problems with this setup: FM doesn't remember the sliders positions for each shedule (has already been stated). Also there's a huge problem with the maximum value of Workload, you can exceed the limit at the moment, which isn't possible within standard settings. The training notches (for Normal, Heavy and Intensive) don't show up. And lastly the workload has no numbers yet! This is now my new task to figure out the problem here.

So we have those two "half-working" setups:

fcst, PTst, PTst

fcst, PTst, fcst

Now I'm testing what setup causes further troubles. And of course how to show up the workload with numbers.

Here's a file for you, if you want to test it (I've taken the variant "fcst, Ptst, fcst" because it's nearer to the original setup):

DOWNLOAD Training sliders Work in Progress

Installation... Extract within your User Data Folder (UDF) into this folder:

UDF\skins\*skinname*\panels

You need to refresh your skin to see the changes.

@ Moderators, could you please move this thread to the Skinning Hide Out?

I just think, that it fits much better there. Thanks!

Edit²: Thanks for shifting it! ;)

Radestock originally posted this in Tactics and Training Tips, but I've shifted it back over, as it looks like it's getting a bit more "technical" ;)

If you guys manage to make a downloadable mod for numbered tactics sliders for FM10 "classic" mode, along with numbered sliders for the training module sliders, feel free to open up a new thread in T&TT. :)

Radestock, i would love to have your permission to implement this into the skin i am working on. i have been working on tactic mod's for my skin such as displaying other attributes when selecting set piece takers. and it seems to go hand in hand with the genius creation of yours. it has been implemented into my skin. but at the moment no final release version of my skin has been uploaded and wont be without your approval

please let me know if its ok i use this.

also i read a few requests on help in fixing the Focus passing and worked on the teaminstructions.xml and fixed it so you can see it all.

feel free to use this radestock mate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=08b4e647109b179c7069484bded33bcd0982f7839d667098

Screenie's:

radestockpanelfix.jpg

I want that skin!!

I cant get them to work. They don't show up?

I've found out how it works. I'll release the new file within a new thread as suggested by Heath.

This will work both ways: numbered sliders within new tactic screen and classic mode.

But the training is really hard to do. I have no idea what to do further to make it work. Seems good coded and not so easy to make the numbers appear. This is really tricky.

Edit: Here's the new thread for this...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4979750

Archived