player prices going up?

I am playing for manchester city and got 250 mill kitty, but i noticed that player prices went up strangly at the end of the 1 st season. namely I was bidding for vargas for 8 mil and got accepted at the middle of the season but I had to spend 20 mill at the end. Whomever I bid, their price has doubled somehow. I have seen julio baptista gone for 50 mill and other for the similar prices. have u hever experienced something like that?

Well if you start in the championship and are doing well you can see that towardsa the end of the season the players general value begins to increase, if you gain promotion everyones value in your team goes up.

Also i found that one of the players that was out of contract at the end of the season wanted to come to my club whgile i was in the championship at wages of 15k/week, but my board would only allow 10,500/week so i waited until my new budget came through for the following season (i had gained promotion) and when i went onto them to try and get them their wage demands had gone up by 10k/week which i was gutted about.

Another reason may be that in the middle of the seasonplayers have only played for 1/2 a season and the fact thyat the following half their performance could drop means there value is less however as their performances continue to be consistantly good their value will naturally increase No?

It has alot to do with the level of their reputation. Over time it can increase (especially if they are at a successful club, winning prizes), a player with a reputation of "Worldwide" will of course cost a lot more than someone who has "National" or "Continental".

Archived