Where Is The Justice?

Okay, I must explain my current situation before I tell why I'm posting this thread.

I'm Man City, and with 5 games to go until the end of the season, I'm sitting 4 points behind 1st place - Man Utd.

I have 9 injuries, but I have a large squad. I feel like I can pull through until the end of the season, and maybe finish 1st.

My next game is against Chelsea - I am at home. I beat them 2-0 at the Bridge.

I have a stronger squad now, than I did away.

I take an early lead, and I maintain it.

On the 86th minute, Nicolas Anelka looks miles offside, but he gets the goal, and pulls even. But that's okay, a lot can happen in 4 minutes...(¬_¬)

Keirrison, my best signing, and star striker, get taken down inside the box, and the injury is so severe, that he is out for 6 months(broke his ankle).

However, the referee decides this was a fair challenge, and gives no booking to Terry, and no Penalty.

To add insult to injury, Mikel Arteta, who I signed for a replacement to Arshavin(who is out for 6 months, also broken leg. But he's already been out for 2).

Arteta is going strong, ready for a MoM, but Terry, again, slides into the back of him, at the edge of the box, cripples him, and put him out of action for 3 months.

YAY! He gets a card... Yellow... Should've been red, but who am I to say this?

Then, to rub salt into my wounds, Felipe Caicedo(who came on for Keirrison), takes a knock from... TERRY! and is now down to 62% conditioning(he had been on for 5 mins, came on at 99%).

It probably shouldn't have been a FK, or a card, to be fair.

Then, Caicedo, even whilst injured, manages to trigger a counter-attack, and within my own half, it would appear, I've been ruled offside.

The 94th minute, and I look most likely to do something.

Caicedo beats the offside trap, then hits the post. The rebound comes out to Cardozo, but he's offside!? How in the world is that possible? From what I can see, he was behind Caicedo.

Final Score: City 1 - 1 Chelsea

Now, I have 12 injuries, 2 strikers(one of which I don't play), no LM, and I have an extremely small chance of winning the league. Sitting 7 behind United, 4 to go, I have a game in hand.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that this happens in real life.

But I have 9 injuries already, why does John Terry need to make it 12?

And why does he get to do it in the last 10 minutes of a match, and only get a yellow? More so, why do I not get the correct calls?

Perhaps I'm just looking at this in a negative light. I should be happy with 2nd place with City, right?

NB: This isn't a moan thread. I'm just simply wondering how this manages to happen.

I suppose the only real reply to this is 'unlucky'.

And it is. But words cannot describe my rage at this.

EDIT: Just to give you an indication of how ridiculous this is:

I recently beat Arsenal 3-1, at a neutral venue.

Earlier in the season, I beat them 4-1, at Eastlands.

Now, because my squad is so small and weak, I'm trailing 3-0 to Arsenal, at HT.

Sure, I'm away, but it was only 2/3 games ago, that I was destroying them...

Well we all know John Terry is nothing but a thug in real life so i'm kinda not surprised.

Have to say though, that is some serious bad luck and i know how you feel, i had a match where 4 players got injured, 2 for more than 4 months, and no one got carded.

The injuries are definately still an issue, no matter what anyone says.

The comments in this thread made me smile, at least.

Still pretty annoyed.

Arsenal just thumped me. Edited it in my first post...

Now, I'm 1 ahead of Arsenal, and their next 4 fixtures are against 20th, 13th, 19th and 10th.

Mines are 1st, 6th, 7th and 8th...

This'll be fun, yay...

I'm giving up. I'll settle for third.

Can anybody tell me, that if I finish third, will the board look at it unhappily? I told them I'd be a title challenger btw, and I lead the League until 30 games passed, so I did challenge...

EDIT: Oh, btw, I can appreciate the fact that the injury doesn't decide the colour.

But surely the fact that he broke his ankle, would mean that I get a Penalty?

The injury wasn't a simple push. He came in from behind, and slid, knocking Keirrison on his face.

Perhaps it's just the poor 3D, I don't know. But I'm appalled.

My title hopes are wrecked...

Wow are we playing the same game?

I am seeing the exact opposite in my game. I am Spurs and I get almost NO injuries and I almost never have to play anyone other than my starting 11. You guys may say injuries are an issue no matter what anyone says, but I don't believe it because I NEVER see any injuries.

I feel your pain. I was managing Ghana against Germany in the WC group stage. My striker Gyan Asamoah smashes one in with a couple of defenders in front of him, but somehow they call offside on him. I watch the replay 3 times and it was clearly not offside.

but that's fine, I can live with that...

2 minutes later Mertesacker clears the ball from defence onto the path of Klose, who is clearly offside and he of course scores.

I just sat there and stared ... then i replayed both episodes about 5 times. and still 2 horrible wrong calls.

I guess the game is realistic in this sense, the refs are as bad as in real life :)

I am seeing the exact opposite in my game. I am Spurs and I get almost NO injuries and I almost never have to play anyone other than my starting 11. You guys may say injuries are an issue no matter what anyone says, but I don't believe it because I NEVER see any injuries.

I don't think there is a problem with injuries. Not at all. All of my injuries are long-term. Joe Hart broke his arm at the start of the season. Understandable.

Arshavin had a tough tackle on him, understandable. He's out for a while.

There are a few others...

This is the first time in my entire 09 play time that I've ever had more than 2 injuries in one game. And two of them were incredibly dangerous.

I feel your pain. I was managing Ghana against Germany in the WC group stage. My striker Gyan Asamoah smashes one in with a couple of defenders in front of him, but somehow they call offside on him. I watch the replay 3 times and it was clearly not offside.

but that's fine, I can live with that...

2 minutes later Mertesacker clears the ball from defence onto the path of Klose, who is clearly offside and he of course scores.

I just sat there and stared ... then i replayed both episodes about 5 times. and still 2 horrible wrong calls.

I guess the game is realistic in this sense, the refs are as bad as in real life :)

Hmm... Perhaps you had a racist ref or something? =\

My ref was from London... Probably.

Just so stupid. I wouldn't mind the two long term injuries if I won the game.

Or I wouldn't mind drawing the game, if I didn't get the injuries.

But both is just spitting in my face, to be honest.

I've just holidayed the rest of the season, until the day before my Cup Final against United.

I'll just go for the double...

I'm happy that I've won the Carling Cup, so the FA Cup would just be a huge bonus...

If you ever sign an injury prone player you'll see. By injury prone, I mean they seem to get injured every single time they touch the field. I had one midfielder who picked up either a knock or red injury in something like 80% of the games he played in. He was by far my most talented player, and when I signed him I was amazed that no one else was interested in signing him. Apparently, everybody knew about his injury issues except for me. Other then the injury prone players, the rest of injuries seem much better since 9.2.

@ JDownie - firstly - yes it's very unlucky - but that's football :p

Re the Arsenal game - can I just give you two recent game scores in real life that exactly match your experience:

Tottenham 4-1 Burnley (90 mins)

Burnley 3-0 Tottenham (90 mins) - yes I know it ended 3-2 before some smarta** tells me! But that was after extra time!

@ Pandemonium - I feel your pain - after all there's no way Mertesacker should be hitting good through balls - well he never does for me, hence why, after having paid 12m for him 2 seasons ago, he is now my 5th choice DC! (only plays when he starts moaning about lack of 1st team appearances- can't sell him, cos his value is now only 4m!)

JDownie

Great stuff! Really made me laugh. Especially the "takes a knock from... TERRY!" I'm saying your story telling not the actual situation by the way.

Typical Terry always gets away with it!

Hope you win the fa cup against united.

JDownie

Great stuff! Really made me laugh. Especially the "takes a knock from... TERRY!" I'm saying your story telling not the actual situation by the way.

Hope you win the fa cup against united.

Thanks.

Also, I did... 2-1

Then I played them in the FA Cup...

I beat them. 5-3 on Penalties...

Seems that I'm in for a good season.

I'm in need of help, sort of.

I was given 143M to spend on transfers.

I bought Barry, Jansen, Razvan Rat, Veloso, Bojan and Aquino.

Now, I sold Ball, Palombo and Arshavin, and as a result, have 97M left over.

Who can I buy?

I need a good LM, RB(Faubert may be leaving...) and another CB(I've just been offered Metzelder, and accepted...).

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't need any strikers, LBs, or Gks.

Any other position could do with being 'spice-up'.

if you have 97M left, go for the superstar. Maybe Milan wont let Kaka go for 100M in real life, but in the game you can get him or another top player (Ibra, Torres, Fabregas, Ramos) for that price. Check the Spanish teams, some top stars have decent release clauses. It's not like u need many players, you might just need that one guy who can give you the edge.

if you have 97M left, go for the superstar. Maybe Milan wont let Kaka go for 100M in real life, but in the game you can get him or another top player (Ibra, Torres, Fabregas, Ramos) for that price. Check the Spanish teams, some top stars have decent release clauses. It's not like u need many players, you might just need that one guy who can give you the edge.

Messi - 51m - rejected contract.

Ronaldo - 110m - rejected contract.

Fabregas - 110m - rejected contract.

Kaka - 81m - rejected contract.

Xavi - 99m - rejected contract.

D. Alves - 49m - rejected contract.

As you can see, 135k a week isn't enough for these people...

Thanks anyway. ;)

Because the person dropping the bread does not have my bread flipping skillz.

So apart from being an ace story writer you also rule at flipping bread Eh?icon10.gif

anyway Jdownie you've had some awful luck in that chelsea game. Anyway we all know how much of a thug terry is in real life.

Maybe what that ex referee said is programmed into the game? (joke, but im getting to the point)

You know, where he said about "having to think twice before giving the England captain a card" or words to that effect. IMO, a ludicrous statement, it shouldnt matter whether your John Terry, England captain or Billy Bunter, the Dog and Duck player, the rules are the same and shoudl be dealt with in exactly the same manner!

Maybe what that ex referee said is programmed into the game? (joke, but im getting to the point)

You know, where he said about "having to think twice before giving the England captain a card" or words to that effect. IMO, a ludicrous statement, it shouldnt matter whether your John Terry, England captain or Billy Bunter, the Dog and Duck player, the rules are the same and shoudl be dealt with in exactly the same manner!

I agree 100%.

I had a simular thing happen in my game. Balotelli, Van Persie, Fabregas ,Adebayor and Walcott ALL got injured in the same match. Which just so happened to be a champions league semi-final 1st leg against roma. To top off my frustrations Djourou got sent off!! I Finished the game with 8 men and roma 9. They fouled 37 times to my 4. All the players are now injured for between 3 weeks and 2 months in... APRIL!! I play Man united at old trafford next who if they win go just 1 point behind us with 3 games to play. then we meet again in the FA Cup final

I'm just happy i got through the roma game with a 0-0 draw.

Archived