SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i just say that this tactic is brilliant, it takes a while to mould your team and to bring in the right payers for each position but I have just won the prem, fa cup and uefa cup with Blackburn after going 6 years without a trophy. I used this tactic for one season with no massive success but by the 2nd season things were totally different.

Use these tactics and you will get success long term.

This is the best tactic I have come across so far, it has probably saved me from giving up on Football Manager 09.

Managing OB in the Danish league I am currently 3rd (media prediction 4th) with 4 games left to go, but am still very much in with a shout of the title. Also have reached the final of the domestic cup and got to the 1st knock out round of the UEFA, beating Sevilla over 2 legs to qualify for the group stages and then finishing 3rd in a group containing Everton, Wolfsburg, AEK Athens and Ajax. In the end we went out 7-4 on aggregate to Udinese.

Plus, due to a high wage bill at the start of the game, all this has been done with the initial squad, with Thomas Graveson on a free transfer being my only signing. Can't wait until the new season now so i can finally try and bring in some more players to fit in with the tactics.

Thanks again, great tactics.

can the mc have a farrow on him ????

If you want, i dont think it would do much harm to the results, but it could effect his ratings, when i created the tactic i did it as a 4-4-2 diamond, but with the AMC getting really poor ratings unless he scored or assisted, i dropped him back into the MC position where is ratins improved, i did get similar success with the tactic when it was a diamond it's just the ratings did my head in.

Congratulations to you guys for the hard work you've put in to the tactic. By using it, I've taken Cambridge Utd from Blue Square Prem to the Championship.

A couple of real highlights include

winning at Carlisle in the 1st division play off semi first leg 0 - 7 and my first match in the Championship 3 - 6 at Preston - coming back from 2 down!

Respect

I am now halfway through my second season with heerenveen, it's going pretty well with me sharing first position with AZ. But i am having alot of difficulty scoring goals, i always win by small marges, and sometimes draw/lose some games. My foremost problem is my strikers, they can't seem to score any goals. My defenders have actually scored more goals then my strikers, i am using fast strikers of good quality(with high stats in the area's you suggested) for my league, but they usually miss alot of chances and get low ratings, any suggestions?

Can't really explain why, but just solved the Mc's low rating problem just by thicking the playmaker box, even without choosing one, just thick the box. It seems the game automaticaly asumes the MC as playmaker. My MC always had lower than 6.3 ratings, now are always getting 7.0 and aboves... really happy with it!! now axplain it, beacuse I can't!!! (still using control in almost every occasion, it's truly the best tactic around).

Can't really explain why, but just solved the Mc's low rating problem just by thicking the playmaker box, even without choosing one, just thick the box. It seems the game automaticaly asumes the MC as playmaker. My MC always had lower than 6.3 ratings, now are always getting 7.0 and aboves... really happy with it!! now axplain it, beacuse I can't!!! (still using control in almost every occasion, it's truly the best tactic around).

Quite simply because your players will look to get him involved at every opportunity, my MC usually always gets good ratings as my last 2 seasons i'd played them as the playmaker rather then the DMC as i'd just spent 50 million on a guy called Castillo who has awsome attributes for that playmaker role but his position is that of MC so i'd named him as the playmaker and play him in the MC role, last season he broke the record for assists getting 25 all season he also chipped in with 9 goals which i'm happy with.

My keeper often has low ratings due to his bad passing. For example 35 passes, only 10 were good...

His kicking is only 10 and his throwing is 13, so that's not an option.

What can I do, lower his passing to less direct or deliver ball to defender? Or are there other options?

Which one should we tick mate,dmc or mc also mate do tick playmaker box on control or just home one

In the home one you select a playmaker, first few seasons when i used the tactic i used the DMC as playmaker and i had good success, but my last 2 seasons i've used the MC and i've still had the same success, the only reason i changed it was i bought a player who plays MC only and his stats are awesome for being a playmaker. So i selected him and played him in the MC position, in which he had the most assists in my entire team.

Castillo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/Castillo.jpg

Notice his passing ability, creativity, composure and off the ball, these stats imo make him an ideal playmaker. Passing and creativity to be able to see the pass and pull it off, off the ball to get into space and make himself available, and composure makes himself comfortable on the ball, so he's less likely to lose the ball when he has players closing him down aggresively. I just wish his flair could of been a bit higher but you cant have everything.

My keeper often has low ratings due to his bad passing. For example 35 passes, only 10 were good...

His kicking is only 10 and his throwing is 13, so that's not an option.

What can I do, lower his passing to less direct or deliver ball to defender? Or are there other options?

If your defence has better passing then give him the option for defender collect until you can buy a better keeper.

Starting to get much better results with this tactic now! Leeds are becoming more consistent and i got offered the England manager job and won the world cup on my 1st attempt! I seem to be having the majority of my shots from long range when using the control tactic. Can you think of anything i could tweak in order to provide some more clear cut opportunities?

Cheers

Starting to get much better results with this tactic now! Leeds are becoming more consistent and i got offered the England manager job and won the world cup on my 1st attempt! I seem to be having the majority of my shots from long range when using the control tactic. Can you think of anything i could tweak in order to provide some more clear cut opportunities?

Cheers

That generally happens when the opposition are sitting back and looking to counter they are getting men behind the ball, so i switch to home which is more aggresive and to put more pressure on them.

So far with Wigan:

TEAM VEN W/L SCORE TACTIC USED

Chelsea A L 3-1 Control

Villa A L 2-1 Control

Liecester (cp) H W 2-0 Home

Fulham H L 3-2 Home

Man Utd H L 4-2 Control

Man City A L 2-1 Control

Cardiff (cp) H W 2-1(aet) Home

Bolton H W 1-0 Control

as you can see not the best of starts. We are rooted to the bottom of the league with just 3 points. Any ideas???

So far with Wigan:

TEAM VEN W/L SCORE TACTIC USED

Chelsea A L 3-1 Control

Villa A L 2-1 Control

Liecester (cp) H W 2-0 Home

Fulham H L 3-2 Home

Man Utd H L 4-2 Control

Man City A L 2-1 Control

Cardiff (cp) H W 2-1(aet) Home

Bolton H W 1-0 Control

as you can see not the best of starts. We are rooted to the bottom of the league with just 3 points. Any ideas???

I'd use control home and away if i was Wigan, and try to get the players that are crucial to the tactic and you should see the results improve. When i took Oldham into the prem due to my team being one of the weakest in the division i used control home and away.

Hi Pointon,

I started a game as QPR - fancied a championship team, but one with some money to get the right players in.

Sold off a few players and bought in a few - I'm sat at the end of march, with 5 games left to go... TOP of the championship. Media predicted me 12th at the start of the season - so I'm a happy man indeed.

My team:

GK: Cerny

DR: El Mohammady (700k from an egyptian club)

DC: Ramage

DC: Ridgewell (3.9 from Birmingham)

DL: Rat (3.0 from shakhtar)

DM: Tommasi

MC: Appiah (Free)

MR: Routledge

ML: Cook

FC: Beckford (1.7 from leeds)

FC: Haynes (1 mill from leicester)

Will let you know what happens at the end of the season - hopefully automatic promotion!

Alright mate is there anything you do when you holding a slender lead with 10 mins to go and if you need a goal with 10 mins to go?

Also ive conceded a few goals when my keeper comes out on the floor and the player goes round him and scores its happened a few times anything i can do to stop this? thanks

Thanks for the tactic. I am playing as Celtic in the English Premier League and finding it to be very benificial. Befor I was drawing a lot of games. Using it I am turning a lot of those draws into wins.

I have tweaked it slightly in that I have gone with a flat midfiled line e.g 4 players in a row along half way and I have also done away with a playmaker.

I was finding that my players kept on passing to the playmeker even when other players were in a far better position.

What the tactic is good for is getting the full backs forward and for retaining possesion - even on the home tactic as oppossed to control. I am finding that I dominating possesion and shots at goal now.

I am finding that most of my goals come from through balls to one of my strikers running beyond the defence. Not scoring many from crossed.

I am havinbg fun tweaking it to suit my players better but thanks for giving me the building blocks to work with.

This is really kicking in now. Up from 10'th to 5'th and hot on the heels of Liverpool for that 4'th CL spot. I am still using my tweaks to the tactic eg flat midfield and no playmaker. I find the control tactic to be best, even at home.

I am also scoring with more variety in my goals eg. throughballs, crosses, free kicks, corners, goal mouth scrambles etc.

Thank once again for your work on this tactic.

pointon 27 my friend, you are a genious.

i started with man u using a dfferent tactic, after 17 games, id won 12 drawn 3 and lost 2.

although not bad form, i was 7 points adrift.

i then stumbled across this and although io have to admit i have tweaked slightly (mr is now amr), i have gone 37 games in all comps unbeaten.

at the moment i use the home one (with amr) in all games.

i have most the man u squad, with the addition of santon, moutinho, balotelli and pazzini and some kids.

hargreaves had been relegated to the u18s as i didnt like him, but an injury to carrick forced my hand and he now runs the show as my dmc.

my concern now is with a fa cup final and champs league semi approaching, do i defend a little or still to the home with my amr??????

again sir, you have rescued my career and interest in the game!

Atm i have won every match in the premier league and we are in november.I am already 12 points ahead of arsenal wich is supposed to be my main rival in winning the title. This tactic is so consistent and you will easely see many CCC's on goal. You do have to keep in mind that against opposition of equal skill you will need a bit of luck because they will also create chances against you but in such matches you gotta learn to do the right thing at the right time.Its hard to explain but once you know its easy mode.Sometimes you will see your team play disastrous football but thats just because they have to much confidence and thats where a good half time team talk comes into practice.

i have been playing as swansea in the championship on my first season. im enjoying the way im playing with my own tactics but going to try this out as i have just started pre season.

i scored quite a few goals in my last season but i conceded too many trying to play sexy football do these tactics work with the defence as well as attacking play?

Atm i have won every match in the premier league and we are in november.I am already 12 points ahead of arsenal wich is supposed to be my main rival in winning the title. This tactic is so consistent and you will easely see many CCC's on goal. You do have to keep in mind that against opposition of equal skill you will need a bit of luck because they will also create chances against you but in such matches you gotta learn to do the right thing at the right time.Its hard to explain but once you know its easy mode.Sometimes you will see your team play disastrous football but thats just because they have to much confidence and thats where a good half time team talk comes into practice.

Couldnt agree more! At the end of the day its what makes the game so realistic, no team in the world performs consistantly every game! Its just a matter of getting the balance right, adjusting the tactic to suit individual capabilities and learning from your mistakes!

Fantastic tactic Pointon! Well Done!

i too like many above struggle with the cm getting good ratings.

i hear its a bug within the game though.

has anyone tweaked hm at all to get beter performances? i may ty 2 dm, both as playmakers?

what does everyone think?

maybe farrows on them both or just 1

Yep, there is a bug with MC rating, though I have had MC getting 8.5 - he scored 2 and added assist once. Basically, to get higher rating MC should score, assist, or at least make a couple 'key' passes (check the stat screen). I find that putting MC into Playmaker box helps a bit even when playmaker box is not ticked.

Struggling for goals with every tactic I've ever tried (though I've built some excellent defensive tactics, 0-0- doesn't get you far though).

Early days, but as Rangers I'm scoring for fun and not conceding many. I've even got Kris Boyd scoring goals, something I couldn't do on my 1st Rangers save.

I'm going to report back after the Champions League Group Stage, the real challenge for the Old Firm and when I resume my online Spurs game, where I've drawn 6 of my opening 10 games, 4 of which were 0-0.

i too like many above struggle with the cm getting good ratings.

i hear its a bug within the game though.

has anyone tweaked hm at all to get beter performances? i may ty 2 dm, both as playmakers?

what does everyone think?

maybe farrows on them both or just 1

The picture i put a few post above of Castillo my MC had a rating of 7.38 over a season in the league, which i'm more than happy with, i played him as the playmaker for the entire season, he also had the most assists in the league that season, so i think playmaker is the best thing for that position as he will get hold of the ball more and play more key passes resulting in a better match rating.

Hi there

pretty amazing tactics ,i emplyed them in my game with newcastle and have done well.

i am playing a network game with my friends , im newcastle , the other two are middlesbrough and sunderland. i have one problem , with this tactic , i simply cannot score , and when i do , its the midfielders who get the goals.

up front i have :

Sergio Aguero (goals : 3)

Michael Owen (goals : 3)

Obafemi Martins(goals : 3)

Mario balotelli (goals : 10 )

for a while i simply wasngt getting any shots on target, in one match having 11 chances and none on target. i decresed creative freedom slightly and tempo , so the strikers wern;t being rushed or trying to do something crazy but it still hasnt worked altho i am gettin more shots on target.

Any help ?

Thanks

Hi there

pretty amazing tactics ,i emplyed them in my game with newcastle and have done well.

i am playing a network game with my friends , im newcastle , the other two are middlesbrough and sunderland. i have one problem , with this tactic , i simply cannot score , and when i do , its the midfielders who get the goals.

up front i have :

Sergio Aguero (goals : 3)

Michael Owen (goals : 3)

Obafemi Martins(goals : 3)

Mario balotelli (goals : 10 )

for a while i simply wasngt getting any shots on target, in one match having 11 chances and none on target. i decresed creative freedom slightly and tempo , so the strikers wern;t being rushed or trying to do something crazy but it still hasnt worked altho i am gettin more shots on target.

Any help ?

Thanks

Not sure in my game it's the strikers who get the lions share of goals, and my midfielders chip in with around 10 or 12 a season. Last season both my strikers got over 30 goals in all competitions with my other back up striker getting 16.

I wonder if it's down to your midfielders as both my midfielders have exceptional passing and creativity these along with your wingers should be the main goal providers, if the passing and creativity of your midfielders isn't the best then it will reduce the effectiveness of their through balls.

Not sure in my game it's the strikers who get the lions share of goals, and my midfielders chip in with around 10 or 12 a season. Last season both my strikers got over 30 goals in all competitions with my other back up striker getting 16.

oh right. in preseason i was winning games 10-0 against smaller teams , and 4/5 against teams of a similar quality. i am on patch 9.1.0 , maybe that makes a difference ?

its ruining my season , as im excellent in possesion , i create the chances, but the strikers just dont do their job. had a few 'how did he miss that ?' on the commentary. i went from being 2nd toward the beginning, now being 13th , probably will get sacked as i promised european football :(

Alright mate is there anything you do when you holding a slender lead with 10 mins to go and if you need a goal with 10 mins to go?

Also ive conceded a few goals when my keeper comes out on the floor and the player goes round him and scores its happened a few times anything i can do to stop this? thanks

Could you help us out with this please Pointon if you can

Could you help us out with this please Pointon if you can

If i'm defending a lead i switch to the control tactic it usually does the job, if i'm trying to get a goal i switch to the home tactic and reduce time wasting and increase tempo and mentallity. However i've just created a tactic called sexy football high pressure and it's for that very purpose to try and get a goal back as of yet i haven't been in the position to see if it works, i've played a couple of games with it and won, but i'm not sure yet how it does when the oppsoition parks the bus when they are defending a lead.

As for your keeper, i dont really suffer, on occasions the opposition will get a one on one opportunity but i live with it, as it doesn't happen often enough to bother me, you could reduce your defencive line but that could in turn invite more pressure onto you. Its about finding the right balance which can be tricky.

Hello, ive just started my second season and marine have been promoted so i have taken that job and am going to use this tactic, what training schedule do you use? I have the appropritre requiremnets of players, however they are obviously of a much lower standard of course, between ratings of 8-11 hopefully it will still work based on the opposition not being highly rated either. Do you use an OI? Sorry if you have answered already but 4 pages is alot to get through. Thanks

Hello, ive just started my second season and marine have been promoted so i have taken that job and am going to use this tactic, what training schedule do you use? I have the appropritre requiremnets of players, however they are obviously of a much lower standard of course, between ratings of 8-11 hopefully it will still work based on the opposition not being highly rated either. Do you use an OI? Sorry if you have answered already but 4 pages is alot to get through. Thanks

I use Darkstarr training regimes which seem to do the job for me, and i never use OI and get success so it's up to you or not if you do but i dont think it's necessary.

So, i have started my season with this tactic with marine. I have nothing to spend and a wage budget of 3.7k. Considering the only people at the club when i started was me and the director, the first team was greyed out.. i brought in 24 players on free transfers based on the skills you stated. The wage bill is at 2.2k, i won all but one of my friendly matches but the loss was 3-2 against sunderland reserves so i was hapy with that. I drew my first league game and have just won my second and considering my players are marked as some way short of operating as a unit its a bright start. However the AI are not yet used to my tactic so that could play a factor soon. I only have one player on full time, i have 1 ass man 1 fitness coach 1 scout and 1 physio so training wont be great. Final thing. Does anyone know the difference in part time and full time contracts? Does the club lose money on full time contracts? should i give all my players full time or part time? write back thanks.

in the home version which position is best for the play maker?

dmc or mc?

Initially i always used my DMC as playmaker and that player had the most assists in the league for me. However last 2 seasons i've used my MC as the playmaker as he has better attributes for the playmaker position but he only plays in the MC role, he has also been the player with the most assists for my team. So i dont think it's that important just play the player with the best attributes for a playmaker in whichever position he's most comfortable with i.e DMC or MC.

I started a new game using this tactic with Barcalona,,,,,,,,,so far ive played 10 games, 5 at home and 5 away =W-7 D-3 L-0 (home won all 5, away won 2 drew 3), I'm impressed so far cus ive beaten sevilla away and real at home,,,,I'm using 9.1.0.

Pointon can you help?

I lost the league by 2 pts to Marsielle am Lyon and the reason was i had too many 0-0 draws away from home against low level teams plus suffered 1 or 2 defeats away aswell

The tactic at home is no problem just when i play away i have used both tactics but getting too many draws thanks

Pointon can you help?

I lost the league by 2 pts to Marsielle am Lyon and the reason was i had too many 0-0 draws away from home against low level teams plus suffered 1 or 2 defeats away aswell

The tactic at home is no problem just when i play away i have used both tactics but getting too many draws thanks

If your favourites away from home use the home tactic, thats what i do now with Roma and do well, i now only use the control tactic away from home in the tricky fixtures.