SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Stunning tactics,,,,so far ive played 1 and a half seasons using both tactics and so far ive only lost once in the league,,,although i did get knocked out in the champ lge semi's. I havent needed to change tactics or adjust them during games either.

Ive also noticed whilst playing fm09 i havent had to change to a really defensive tactic during the last few mins,,,,,,,,,always in fm08 i had to use a shut up shop tactic when the oppo changed to 4-2-4,,,,,so far using these tactics i'm finding fm09 easier (although having typed this ive probably put a jinx on my team lol)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give that a go. Thanks Bob. Bet thats the first time a Leeds supporter has said thanks to you ha ha

Haha, fair few of my mates are leeds supporters actually:p, and this weekend im going to be following the mighty Crewe Alex as they play host to Leeds (got to make up the numbers, Leeds always fill out Gresty road):D

Hi tygra, i was wondering in what situation do you use the B1GD tactic? do you use it for e.g away games, against stronger opponents, when you need a goal? Please get back to me.

Thanks

i use the B1GD tactic if sexy is not working after 20 mins of the game starting, like if im being dominated from the get go. Also if i have a easy cup/leauge game just to get the players used to playing the tactic. both are very good tactics and by rotating between the two i had a very good season. as for playing away games or against stronger teams i always start with the sexy v1 home tactic and like i said see how my team starts the match. Both are goal getting tactics but from time to time the teams you play against will naturally play well against the sexy tatic so thats why i always play with two tactics.

i hope this helps buddy - scott

i use the B1GD tactic if sexy is not working after 20 mins of the game starting, like if im being dominated from the get go. Also if i have a easy cup/leauge game just to get the players used to playing the tactic. both are very good tactics and by rotating between the two i had a very good season. as for playing away games or against stronger teams i always start with the sexy v1 home tactic and like i said see how my team starts the match. Both are goal getting tactics but from time to time the teams you play against will naturally play well against the sexy tatic so thats why i always play with two tactics.

i hope this helps buddy - scott

Thanks mate, I'm sure your advice will help:thup:

hi pointon...let me tell u a story...

1st season with ac. milan using other tactic

GP : 38 W : 14 D : 7 L : 17 :o - lying in 10th position

Lost in 1st knock out round uefa cup

Lost in 2nd stage coppa italy

2nd season with ac. milan using u're tactic (only home, not using control at all)

GP : 38 W : 30 D : 5 L : 3 (:thup: for u) - won the league ofcourse

Win Coppa Italy after beating inter 1-0 (i have only 1 shot on goal!!!!

3rd season with ac. milan using u're tactic (still the home one)

GP : 38 W : 30 D : 5 L : 3 (u can't be a champion if u never felt loose) - won serie a

Win Champions Cup ; Win Coppa

4th season (on going) still with ac. milan and italy (offered in early of 4th season after ancelotti being sacked)

GP : 15...all win!!! Scored 52 and Concede only 2!!!! (again ::thup: for u)

So...with all that stats...it's been amazing tactic...oya, i forgot something

1st season

bought keirrison (ST) 8M, sakho (DC) 7M, sanchez from Udinese 4 M(MR, sometimes ST) and loan Aquino from real murcia

sold borriello in january to Madrid (as he scored 22 after recover from injury) for 35 M, emerson to Portsmouth for 800K, kaladze to Barcelona for 15M and lastly Favalli to Siena for 500K

2nd season

aquino's status being permanent with 3M, cristiano ronaldo from man utd (he's frustrated coz man utd lying 15th in prem) for 57M

sold gattuso to valencia for 25M, ambrosini to palermo for 5.75M, zambrotta to Fiorentina for 9.5M and inzaghi to bologna for 300K

3rd season

bought fabregas from arsenal (i dunt know why i was this lucky, coz also he's frustrated with his contract talks with arsenal) for 45M, sneijder from madrid (lack of first team football) for 6M, marcelo from madrid for 17M, santon from inter for 3M and lastly ekici from bayern for 9M

sold pirlo to madrid for 47.5M, seedorf to valencia for 12.5M, gourcuff to barcelona for 35M and lastly jankulovski to tottenham for 7.5M

4th season

signed carlos vela on a free transfer (contract expiring), sergio ramos from madrid for 67M, 3,5M for alex teixeira and federico fazio from at madrid for 6,5M

sold nesta to fiorentina for 1.5M, and bonera also to fiorentina for 10.25M

so now my first team squad was :

GK : abbiati

DR : sergio ramos

DL : marcelo

DC : fazio on the right and sakho on the left

DM : flamini

MC : fabregas

MR : cristiano ronaldo

ML : ronaldinho

ST : kaka on the right and pato on the left

well...that's my story pointon...:D

Tried 2 different games with liverpool and found at the end of every season v2 home and away seem to fall apart.

Being totaly dominated by much lesser teams.

Tried 2 diff sets of players for both games to see if it was my players but it has happened on both occasions.

anybody else found this?

I had to entirley change the formation in my 2nd game towards the end of the season and it saved me from total capitulation!

Is the A.I that good? does this tactic work consistently for everybody all through the season especially towards the end when challenging for honours?It has fallen apart for my teams,not just slightly but severly.

Any input would be muchos appreciated.

Hey guys, just started a brand new season on 9.0.3 with the Magpies.

Need some help with my team instractions, please

GK-Harper

DL-Basssong/Enrique

DR-R.Taylor

DC-Jagielka/Coloccini/or S.Taylor

MR-Jonas

ML-Di Maria

MC-Nolan/Guthire

ST-Lavezzi/Cardozo

Thanks

OK, I've encountered a problem with this tactic:although being very good defensively I have found to concede a lot of goals from long range (absolute scorchers). Is this something with my keeper-Gomes (Tottenham) or someting with the tactic?

Thanks,

OK, I've encountered a problem with this tactic:although being very good defensively I have found to concede a lot of goals from long range (absolute scorchers). Is this something with my keeper-Gomes (Tottenham) or someting with the tactic?

Thanks,

Not much you can do about long range efforts apart from get a better keeper.

Better to keep the shots at long range in my opinion.

Thanks,

Just realized the cause of this: the GK is on team mentality meaning he's off the line since the mentality is attacking.

Soooo...has anybody elses v2 9.3 tactic fallen apart at the end of there season?

I did notice this as well at the end of my last season. I'm not sure if the tactics themselves need a bit more tweaking or whether it's making sure the players are focused and don't get complacent... If this happens near the end of the season i'm in now (season 5), then i'm going to try rotating players more and change what team talks I give.

I did notice this as well at the end of my last season. I'm not sure if the tactics themselves need a bit more tweaking or whether it's making sure the players are focused and don't get complacent... If this happens near the end of the season i'm in now (season 5), then i'm going to try rotating players more and change what team talks I give.

I rotate alot and have tried different team talks in 2 diff games.

It still seemed to fall apart...really badly.I was getting batterd by average teams no matter what i did.

I used control and home.

Just started a new season and im having an awful start to the season...lost to manure 3-2 in the charity sheild.drew 1-1 at home to wigan.drew 1-1 away to westham and just lost 4-1 away to fenerbache.

what the hell is going on :(

same sqaud as last season apart from i added aguero and silva and alot of youth players.

hi ponton...i wanna ask u some question...i'm sorry if my question has been aswered in the previous page :

1. do u using opposition instruction as well? if u do, how does it work?

2. i ran the highlight game with key, not full match...sometimes the time keeps running without any highlight at all and only viewed in the last minutes of half...how can we do something about it?

3. how do u deal when the opposition is getting possesion beyond my team?

thanx pointon...anyone else answered would be appreciated...

Thanks,

man, I find this problem too, especially when you are taking a lead with 2-4 goals, AI alwasy can make goal like this.

hi ponton...i wanna ask u some question...i'm sorry if my question has been aswered in the previous page :

1. do u using opposition instruction as well? if u do, how does it work?

2. i ran the highlight game with key, not full match...sometimes the time keeps running without any highlight at all and only viewed in the last minutes of half...how can we do something about it?

3. how do u deal when the opposition is getting possesion beyond my team?

thanx pointon...anyone else answered would be appreciated...

as for running a game without hardly any highlights in key mode you really should have tried watching some of it to see the problem.

I dont use oppostition instructions (not sure if pointon does though)

and as for teams having more possesion than me i try and switch to control but i find this doesnt work all the time and having less possesion than most other opposition seems to be the general theme of the tactic from my experience.

I seem to win alot of games but its never comfortable or satisfying..they always seemt to have at least 6 shots and a fair amount of possesion.

ive tried tweaking but i have no solution so far.

Im beginning to wonder how much influence team talks actually have...im thinking maybe they have way to much bearing on a match (just an idea)

been struggling with this tactic but i never really know who to play as the playmaker. im playing as newcastle and signed steven defour from standard liege. would you play him as playmaker or someone like joey barton?

newcastles midfield is extremley bad to be fair, i also signed diego bounnaoutte (SP) and per cijlian skelbrad (SP) trying to get rid of kevin nolan

patch 9.3

help accepted

any tips on Team Talks.

Team talks dont see to work too well for me.

If i select assistant to do them we seem to play just as badly even though he has great stats.

What do you tend to say? After reading various tips on team talks on here, i started to try them out, and obviously you want to try and inspire your players but more importantly you don't want to upset them, and the option which always seems to get the best response from players is telling them you have faith, so i've started to tell every player this prematch, and again at half time unless they have rating 7.5+ where i'll say pleased/delighted. This usually results in at least half of the team being happy or looking delighted, which of course means they're more likely to put in a good performance.

anybody else struggling to get a good strike rate with any of your strikers?

12 in 26 in the prem is my best.Not good enough if you ask me especially when rooney and tevez have scored 45 between them in the prem.25 for rooney and 20 for tevez.

Is it the patch? surely if it was the patch then that strike rate should roughly count for all strikers.

torres,hulk,milevski and ageuro up front for me.

oh and torres got 5 in 18.extremley poor strike rate for supposedly one of the best strikers around.

I won the prem with 82 goals for and manu came 2nd with 96 goals scored! (2nd season)

I'm playing polish Slask Wroclaw team but i have mixed feelings...I'm plyingon 9.3 patch but some things are realy stupid... I begun season and I played friendly games :] I won everything 3 goals diferent - I won 6-0 with FC Cluj (CHL team!) then two league games I had draw and lost !! The same thing I had after winter breake ! I played 7 friendly I won 6 and I draw last with lower division Podbeskidzie and I lost on inauguration with Lech Poznan :] Sounds simmilar :] Another thing but thats not a tactics fault is every match after winter breake is a f***g battle.I have 6 pts advantage before second team but every opponent plying with me looks like game about championship...sooory but this is stupid !!! I can understand fight betwen first 3-5 teams but I can't understand teams and their form, motivation...whatever when the f****g these teams doesn't count in any trophy !!?? I can lost with team who playing in semi final cup or something...I know this is question for programist but how team got first place and playing with 10th is not a favorite after 3/4 of season ??!! Actualy I have 6 games to end and I playing this tactic but I have to say after winter breake palyer playing realy worst than round before.Please fellas give me any tip to change this **** :]

I'm really surprised how people having success. Was trying tactics from time to time since V2 in 9.2 - no luck at all. Tried with Bordeaux, Monaco, Marseille, Porto, ManUtd, now ManCity.

Just played with CFC, lost 0-1 at home but was totally outplayed(my GK got MoM).

It can't be because of squad, cause now in ManCity I have it close to World Class side:

ManCity-SF-unlucky.jpg

Its not a critics, just want to understand why my sides are always unsuccessful when so many people are?

anybody else really strugle against 4-3-2-1 formation with v2 9.3?

dm 2cm and 2 wingers.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Yeah, I found that too. It seems like the tactics do fine against orthodox 442's, but struggle against a lot of other formations - which means you can get away with using them in the Premiership for the most part, but will get absolutely slaughtered in the Serie A.

I'm really surprised how people having success. Was trying tactics from time to time since V2 in 9.2 - no luck at all. Tried with Bordeaux, Monaco, Marseille, Porto, ManUtd, now ManCity.

are you using V2 for patch 9.2 or 9.3? if you're using patch V2 try the original tactics.

anyway, i've got a problem of my own:

the tactics are fantastic, i'm playing Newcastle Utd. in 2014-15 (second season for me in the club). i've had a lot of luck with a straight of wins against bottom league teams and started using the tactics just before LIV (H) MAN U (A) ARS (A). my team morale was sky high and the tactics gel-ed quickly to win 2 and draw 1 (0-0). right now i'm a title contender, got the league cup and stadium is packed every time (lots of $$$).

stats after round 27:

pos 1st. 62 pts. 43-17 (my keeper had 650 min. w/o conceding!! German Lux)

however, my MC keeps getting very weak ratings no matter who i play there (usually 5.5 to 6.5 unless they give an assist or score). it seems as if he's redundent in this tactic. the small list of prerequisuits (IE passing and creativity only) might suggest that it's the weak spot of the tactics...

my regular MCs have the followin att:

pass and cre avg: 16 | 16.5

tech avg: 13.2 | 11.6

ment avg: 14.8 | 12.9

phys avg: 14.6 | 15.1

these are my main MC but the rest aren't any better.

i'm using patch 9.2 and the original tac.

got any ideas?

Firstly, I am usually skeptical of tactics on these forums as most are utter pants and the others which are decent are only good for the first season then totally toil in the second, third season etc. So i downloaded this with an open mind. My patience for FM09 was seriously waning as i constantly toiled to get into any season what so ever and was getting bored.

Tested this with a very crap Forest Green side in the Blue Square premier and won the league in the first season losing only once and drawing 7. Won back to back promotions after finishing 2nd in league 2 with only 3 defeats but with 14 draws lol. Leicester had somehow got relegated in first season tho and walked league 2.

Decided to test it after with an average team in the prem so i went blackburn. Finished 5th in first season only 2 points behind 4th placed liverpool and then after a few good summer signings finished 2nd to man utd in second season. Absolutely delighted and you have rekindled my love for FM!

Hats off to you mate, your a genius and a saviour!!!!

Tested the control and home tactics over a whole season with Spurs and they didnt work for me sadly. Saying that, not many tactics i've tried since the 9.0.3 update have worked very well. Its quite annoying that they do this with every update. You crack it and start to enjoy the game, and then they bring out and update that completely ruins it for you all over again.

Ho hum.

Wow, just downloaded this tactic, started a season with spurs, sold alot of my players, and made some cheap signings, of to be fair, very poor players, first game against Arsenal, I had loads more possesion than them, they hardly had any chances and I had 14 shots in all, winning the game 2-0! Amazing. Thank you

Hi Folks,

I've read all your posts and have started using this tactic in league 1 with my AFC Wimbledon. I am using patch 3. This post is for people struggling in lower leagues with the tactic.

Firstly, these tactics rescued me from an incredible slide, heading for definite relegation. Fortunately I used the January window to patch a few squad weaknesses: my DL and DR were not suited, and my strikers included a couple of lumps who I replaced for quickies. I survived, although lots of my players "have lost confidence in their managers abilities".

I've now spent the pre-season trying to get more of the right players to fit the tactics.

A few observations...

I'd like to point out that in lower leagues, as most of you will know, you end up having to pick two or three crucial attributes, and find players that way. With this in mind, I found some strikers with pace and acceleration. This alone does not seem to be the answer, as I had a guy with stacks of both (Bowles below), but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I've since found an FC with pace, and other good stuff such as dribbling, and this guy may prove to be the answer. I think pace + dribbling may be key.

I also seem to be scoring loads from centre backs at corners. So jumping and heading seem to be key for them. I'lll also point out that pace does not seem to be a factor, as all my defenders are doing well, even slow ones.

Finally, the number of injuries I am having is phenomenal - I seem to need 5 fit strikers all the time, just to have 2 that are fit on the pitch. Anyone else noticing this?

As strikers seem to be the main concern, I'll post my regens, one that doesn't work and was subsequently sold, and the second who should work, but jury is out, and a third who does seem to work, but is injured all the time!

Ross (FC - seems to work like a dream, although his stats are not better than the next guy, who doesn't work as well)

smithv.jpg

Lloyd (great stats, but doesnot produce enough)

lloydsortofworks.jpg

Bowles (seems to have the right stats, but 0 from 14 was enough for me to send him packing!)

bowles.png

My conclusion from this, is that Bowles does not have dribbling but the others do so is crucial stat for your strikers. If anyone else can spot the difference please let me know!?

Hope this has been useful. Currently PLayed 8, W3, D5, L0 and mid table. If I sort the strikers out, I should be in with a promotion shout I think.

GHT