SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Ive been using the original home and control tactics on patch 9.1.0,,,,,having a lot of success,unfortunately it all went a bit wrong when 9.3.0 came out,,,,so 10 games in and struggling a bit with Barcelona i decided to use the new home and control tactics V.2,,,,,,and so far so good the new ones really seem to work.

I'v played 14 games with V.2= P-14 W12 D-2 L-0,,,,,,,as you can see ive not yet lost (and one of the draws was using the reserves in a cup match),,,hopefully pointon has fixed the new patch problem with these new set of tactics.

Thanks for the hardwork Pointon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a nightmare trying to get away results in the premier league. It's my third season with Cardiff. Second in the Prem. I used Tylerbodes tactic in the first season, home and away and didn't tweak or use OI's at all. Worked like a dream.

Could not do a thing with it in the Prem, got hammered week in week out. Switched to TubeyTactic and managed to stay up on goal difference. Managed to get in some genuine class this season and my home record has been very good. Away though is still a nightmare.

I've been experimenting with different tactics away against Pompey (who are 19th). I tried all sorts, must've reloaded about 12 times and only ever got one draw in which the shots were 22/6 - 3/1 in favour of Pompey. I also got battered playing the new Control v2.

I've just tried something different though and it seems to have worked. Admittedly the games have been the Pompey game and Wolves away, who are bottom but I got a draw at Pompey and a win at Wolves. 1-1 and 2-1 respectively. The doffernce was that I was on top in both games. Which was a remarkable turn around.

What I did was this...

On the Control v2 I pushed the D-Line all the way up to compress the play. Then I upped closing down and tempo to nearly all the way. I do have quick defenders - not lightning quick but decent - so thought I could get away with it. And I unticked counter attack. And, in the two games I have. I didn't notice my midfielders getting exhausted. Of course this is only two games against poor sides but the difference in play was noticeable. I may get shredded against the top teams, but they were shredding me anyway.

I've done a similar adjustment to the Home v2. Same with D-Line, tempo, and closing down. I then also switched passing to short and focus passing on the flanks to stretch defenses. Will let you know how it goes.

Have to agree that the patch has killed these tactics. The pre patch ones took advantage of a weakness in the match engine with regard to through balls to quick strikers which has now been addressed in the new patch

I don't know what to make of these tactics so far. Played a home game against Portsmouth in the FA cup with my second stringers, and won comfortably 3 - 0. Then i go away to Bolton (who are bottom of the league) and don't have a shot on target and finish 0 - 0. Then away to Man City and lose 2 - 0. This is in year 2012 and i won the league 3 years straight and am unbeaten so far this season. It seems this new patch has killed it for my strikers (Bojan, Laurito, Keirrison, Marquinhos, and an excellent regen TM), they haven't scored yet and have had maybe 1 CCC over the three games. Very unimpressed with 9.3.0, might just go back to 9.2.0, it was a lot more enjoyable.

Tygra - Thanks my team is similar - Im now 5th in the table with Man City which is very good

p 19 w 11 d 3 l5 for 33 ag 16

Given

Srna - Delpierre - Jagielka - Bridge

Veloso

Ireland

SWP Petrov

Nilmar and Robinho up front.

I see you have Richards and Dunne at the back.? their stats are poor for concentration and the ones listed on page one?? or is that me? Any changes you'd make to my team?

Anyway, how do you set up against the big teams...so far ive lost to United 1-0 away, Liverpool 2-1 away, Arsenal 1-0 home and Chelsea 2-1 home....oh Milan 5-4 at the San siro.

Normally If I have Fav next to my name I play home tactic, even if away...(I started being Favs alot lately)and control if not favs.

if im playing control and they have more of the chances during key highlights I change to Home....?? is this right....??

and I dont use OIs...??

i never use the control tactic, just the home and if thats not working i switch to my second tactic D1GD. http://files.filefront.com/B1GDtac/;13452043;/fileinfo.html

Your very close with your results.

Hi, thanks for the tactic, have downloaded it and will try it tonight with a decent Real Madrid team.

Just bought Xabi Alonso from Liverpool to use as my DM, given his creativity and passing skills this should be a good sigining for this tactic.

Have also nabbed Karim Benzima from Lyon after flogging Van-Nistelrooy, he should bang plenty in with the experienced Raul.

Will keep you posted on my first season using it.

EXCELLENT

Thanks pointon 27 again !!

I started a save with Man United, used your HOME-tactic as a framework.

Tweaked some so it fit Man united players...

Moved ML/MR to AML/AMR and gave them freerole with mixed forward runs

Lowered Closing down a couple of notches (not on central defenders)

Removed playmaker

Turn on offsidetrap ( since they are tactic genious )

Removed man marking on strikers and gave the striker freerole

Moved DMC to MC

Vidid as Challenge keeper/Mark keeper on set pieces scored around 15 goals

Think that was what i done..

Scored around 100 goals in PL and won PL/CL/FA 1 and 2 season. Concede few goals ( exept 1-4 against WBA...) !!

I am "always" diasappointed or angry at halftime when i am a club like Man u - "no matter what"...and it works excellent !!!

Well done when i win.

So i had to delete the saving..was way to easy !!!

Don"t think my tactic will work on other teams ...!! Man united players fit in almost perfect (bought Hamsik&Alexis Sanchez who played often)

When you got a excellent tactic and players who fit in it,

and is Arsenal,Liverpool,Man u, Man C or Chelsea it is way to easy !! IMHO

But i will start up with your HOME-tactic again as a framework and tweak a little bit so it fit my players in my new club

Leeds,Spurs,WBA,Napoli ??

Then i got a challenge again !!

What teamtalk will work there ?? Maybe i must be nice there....

Hattijr could u upload that tweaked tactic somewhere pls?

I strongly recommend: Upload these excellent tactic by pointon 27 instead...:thup:

If you want to tweak similar to mine:

I wrote what i did :confused:

Only reason why i tweaked, was to make it fit the players i had !!

What i thought would be a good choice, in my head anyway :D

But be careful when you choose to tweak a tactic...i have very often failed !!

pointon27 is the tactical genious here !!

I just got very lucky this time with everything !!

EXCELLENT

Removed playmaker

Moved DMC to MC

Scored around 100 goals in PL and won PL/CL/FA 1 and 2 season. Concede few goals ( exept 1-4 against WBA...) !!

I am "always" diasappointed or angry at halftime when i am a club like Man u - "no matter what"...and it works excellent !!!

Well done when i win.

Don"t think my tactic will work on other teams ...!! Man united players fit in almost perfect (bought Hamsik&Alexis Sanchez who played often)

But i will start up with your HOME-tactic again as a framework and tweak a little bit so it fit my players in my new club

after all these tweaks you should start your own tactic thread lol

Tygra : I had enormous success with pointon27 tactics.

But that is with smaller teams like Spurs,WBA,Sunderland,Napoli,Blackburn

When you have a team like Man U with players like Nani&Ronaldo you "must" let them play in natural position IMHO

Just to get the best out of them.

I started with pointon27 HOME tactic, and didn"t feel i got the best out of my team, so i started tweaking, and hit the jackpot eventually.

That said: I had almost the same success in the start with the original HOME-tactic...

Tygra : I had enormous success with pointon27 tactics.

But that is with smaller teams like Spurs,WBA,Sunderland,Napoli,Blackburn

When you have a team like Man U with players like Nani&Ronaldo you "must" let them play in natural position IMHO

Just to get the best out of them.

I started with pointon27 HOME tactic, and didn"t feel i got the best out of my team, so i started tweaking, and hit the jackpot eventually.

That said: I had almost the same success in the start with the original HOME-tactic...

I was only messing about, sorry buddy :(

maybe you could upload your tactic and i will give it a go

EXCELLENT

Removed playmaker

Moved DMC to MC

Well done when i win.

my strikers dont have man marking on strikers to be able to give the strikers freerole on the home tactic can you explain please

got the v2 control tactic with arsenal. Adopted it in Jan 2010, now in March, and not lost since!!

Beat Roma away in champs league knockout, after going down 2-0 in first 20 minutes.

Beat man utd, chelsea (league cup final and prem) by at least 2 goals each.

Really succesfull tactic with arsenal.

The first game was west brom at home. I went 1-0 down early on and decided to leave the tactic as it be, i came back to win 4-1 :D

so thanks for making this tactic :p

Just got to say I've gone to using this tactic as I'm back managing in blue Square South doing the Real London CSE challenge. Was tipped for relegation but am top at the halfway point of the season. By the way I only use the control tactic but it's working great. Cheers Pointon

can we like put both the Mc and DMC as playmaker in a game?

like will this affect the game plan or not?

It would only use one so for example in the playmaker drop down box if you had your DMC at the top and your MC below him, the DMC would be the playmaker. However if you substitute the DMC later in the game your MC would automatically become the playmaker.

It would only use one so for example in the playmaker drop down box if you had your DMC at the top and your MC below him, the DMC would be the playmaker. However if you substitute the DMC later in the game your MC would automatically become the playmaker.

oh.. ok.. thx alot of ur guide.. still testing ur tactic at the moment... cant tell u much as my team is still nt gel-ed yet..

9.3 right? And you use control v2 for away and home v2 for home?

can you confirm that?

Yer its for 9.0.3 but i only use the home tactic the first one posted on page 1. i never changed from this as it works on 9.02 and 9.03.

silly question.

im using patch 9.3.

how do i know which version is version 2? it doesnt say on the links which version is what.

9.3 patch came out in feb so look for a link after that for the tactic, that should be the new 1.

anybody having problems with strikers scoring on v2 for 9.3?

i have torress,hulk and amauri and they all seem to be struggling to score.

lots of goals from DC (fazio) he is top scorer after 15 games which i really dont like.

What I did was this...

On the Control v2 I pushed the D-Line all the way up to compress the play. Then I upped closing down and tempo to nearly all the way. I do have quick defenders - not lightning quick but decent - so thought I could get away with it. And I unticked counter attack. And, in the two games I have. I didn't notice my midfielders getting exhausted. Of course this is only two games against poor sides but the difference in play was noticeable. I may get shredded against the top teams, but they were shredding me anyway.

I've done a similar adjustment to the Home v2. Same with D-Line, tempo, and closing down. I then also switched passing to short and focus passing on the flanks to stretch defenses. Will let you know how it goes.

I think you could be on to something here Tim. I've got a game going with Ramsgate in League One, the previous season I was tipped to be relegated but because of the outstanding nature of Pointon's original tactics I only just missed out on the play-offs. With the new season starting the board expected a top half finish and armed with mega bucks from a Sugar Daddy chairman and a squad brimming with 'decent Premiership players' (according to my coaches :rolleyes:) I had high expectations of promotion and possibly the title. Then the patch hit and, of course, my players were transformed into donkeys without the Sexy Football to help them out. I waited for Pointon to work his magic and eagerly installed the V2 tactic when it arrived but sadly after playing half a season I've found myself in a relegation scrap.

I tried your changes on a slightly older save, before everything went pear shaped and the team has been transformed. I'm now winning home games again and scoring more than the occasional corner goal. Away is still slightly sketchy but I've had wins and a few draws but the main thing is as you said the team aren't being totally dominated.

Well ive changed my team for the second seaon so here is what it was -

Given

Srna Richards Dune Bridge

De jong

Wright-phillips Van der vaart Zhirkov(best buy ever)

Love Robinio

If you look at my results there where not all great, i lost to spurs 5 - 2, lost to united 2 - 0 ect...

I did have some great results too though. chelsea at the end of the season , united at the start and liverpool 6 - 2 ( i was 2 - 0 down after 20 mins aswell )

I use the sexy home tactic and one called B1GD tactic.

Hi tygra, i was wondering in what situation do you use the B1GD tactic? do you use it for e.g away games, against stronger opponents, when you need a goal? Please get back to me.

Thanks

Im still using 9.2 tactic & would like some advice please. Without tweaking the tactic how or what should I be doing or looking for in my strikers to help them convert more chances. I can be having 9 shots on goal but only one will be on target.

Im in the conference now with Staylybridge Celtic & I have pace in my strikers if it is only 13 & 14. They also have off the ball,finishing & composure in double figs or only as low as 8/9. Remember I m only in the conference

Im still using 9.2 tactic & would like some advice please. Without tweaking the tactic how or what should I be doing or looking for in my strikers to help them convert more chances. I can be having 9 shots on goal but only one will be on target.

Im in the conference now with Staylybridge Celtic & I have pace in my strikers if it is only 13 & 14. They also have off the ball,finishing & composure in double figs or only as low as 8/9. Remember I m only in the conference

From what i remember on 9.2 if you changed both of your strikers crossing from rarely to mixed that should sort that right out:thup:

Ok very impressive start to the seaons has just been hit with a 0-0 draw away to Wigan, i used the conrol tactic as i was away, but i did wonder weather this was the right decision. Would you reccomend just using the more attacking home tactic if your much the better side as i was?

Also my centre midfielder is AWFUL in the position, consistantly playing 5.5, i thought it was just because i was using Deco, but when i swapped him with Lampard i got the same results.

anybody having problems with strikers scoring on v2 for 9.3?

i have torress,hulk and amauri and they all seem to be struggling to score.

lots of goals from DC (fazio) he is top scorer after 15 games which i really dont like.

Getting exactly the same. Not diggin these at all, and just got my arse handed to me by an average newcastle side using the v2 control. I was Tottenham, away, 3rd in the league.