SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started my 3rd season with Man Utd and this will be my 2nd season using Sexy Football. Great tactic, I find that I just play Home against teams that I expect to beat and including teams like Liverpool when I am at home.

I do feel the time wasting option does help concede goals though as the players tend to give it away in dangerous positions so I have dropped that down a few notches.

Not lost a game in the first 8 or so I have played.

Matches were as follows:

Man Utd v Newcastle (N) - CS - 4-1

Man Utd v Wigan (H) - Prem - 1-1 (Fazio scored a owngoal so was unlucky)

Man Utd v A Madrid (N) - Super Cup 3-1

Man Utd v Spurs (A) - Prem 0-0 (should of been 4-0 Gomez had a blinder)

Man Utd v Cant rember CL (A) - 2-1

Man Utd v Liverpool (H) Prem - 2-0

Man Utd v West Brom LC (H) - 2-1

Man Utd v AEK CL (H) 6-0

So I have been going fairly well, I was unlucky with my two draws as one was a own goal and the other Gomez had a blinder and should of been 3 or 4 nil. Liverpool game I dominated they didnt have one shot on goal the whole game and I never looked like losing.

I think i have found the problem as to why this tactic became so inconsistant for many of us and let in to many goals, the creative freedom is on global high so basically the defenders have been trying to create to much and are being caught out, after i modified individual creativity i went on a 12 match unbeaten run only jus missing out on the play-offs as i modified the tactic just too late into my season.

I think i have found the problem as to why this tactic became so inconsistant for many of us and let in to many goals, the creative freedom is on global high so basically the defenders have been trying to create to much and are being caught out, after i modified individual creativity i went on a 12 match unbeaten run only jus missing out on the play-offs as i modified the tactic just too late into my season.

Can you upload your revised tactic or give me a screen shot on the creativity that you give to individuals, I think this might be the issue with the Home tactic for my team. Even with fast defenders ( Fazio & Thiago Silva) i still get caught on the break.

Thanks

Looks like you have found something there. It could be the same thing I have experienced. Very bad performances from my defenders. I'll check out on the creativity bit.

Thanks man。 It reminds me of Euro 2000's Portugal. I have to download it and see how it goes. Thank you again~

So far so good. I shared it with some of my mates and they said it is the best for 920 so far. Good job~ I am looking forward to your new tactic for 930 if you can keep working on the tactics.

This tactic is working wonders with my ManCity side!

----------Robinho----Agüero-----------------

-----Guardado----Diarra----Srna--------------

-------------------Veloso--------------------------

--Balzaretti--M.Richards--Zapata--Heitinga---

---------------------Ochoa-------------------------

Substitutes

Bojan FC

S.Foti FC

R.Söder FC

Chantôme DM/M/C

G.Obertan M/AM/R

Camacho DM/M/C

Mathieu FB/M/L

Sakho CB

J.Boateng FB/R

Hart GK

Schmeichel Gk

...And som youngsters who is playing in the reserves and make some learning in cups and "easy" matches....

So far this season (3rd season)

ManCity vs. ManUtd (N) CS 4-0

ManCity vs. ManUtd (A) PL 3-1

ManCity vs. Arsenal (A) 3-2

ManCity vs. At. Madrid (N) SC 4-3

ManCity vs. Liverpool (H) PL 3-0

ManCity vs. Wigan (H) PL 4-0

ManCity vs. At. Madrid (A) CL 4-1

ManCity vs. Burnley (A) ELC 2-2

ManCity vs. Burnley (H) PL 3-1

ManCity vs. M'boro (H) PL 2-0

ManCity vs. Austria Wien (H) CL 10-0 (!!!!)

ManCity vs. Wolves (A) PL 3-1

ManCity vs. Blackburn (H) PL 2-0

ManCity vs. Olympiakos (A) CL 4-2

ManCity vs. Aston Villa (A) PL 2-1

ManCity vs. Chelsea (H) PL 1-1

ManCity vs. Tottenham (A) PL 2-1

ManCity vs. Olympiakos (H) CL 4-0

Pretty good results. Just three negative results (Arsenal Loss,Burnley Draw and Chelsea Draw) but Arsenal and Chelsea is two good teams, so it's not that bad. Positive results against ManUtdx2, Liverpool, Austra Wien and At.Madrid (2 time CL-champions over the two last years)....

GP:18 Won:15 Draw:2 Loss:1 Goals:60 Conceded:17 +43

2nd in the league (2pts after United)

1st in CL (12pts on 4 games)

Gotta love this tactic!!

This tactic is working wonders with my ManCity side!

----------Robinho----Agüero-----------------

-----Guardado----Diarra----Srna--------------

-------------------Veloso--------------------------

--Balzaretti--M.Richards--Zapata--Heitinga---

---------------------Ochoa-------------------------

Substitutes

Bojan FC

S.Foti FC

R.Söder FC

Chantôme DM/M/C

G.Obertan M/AM/R

Camacho DM/M/C

Mathieu FB/M/L

Sakho CB

J.Boateng FB/R

Hart GK

Schmeichel Gk

...And som youngsters who is playing in the reserves and make some learning in cups and "easy" matches....

So far this season (3rd season)

ManCity vs. ManUtd (N) CS 4-0

ManCity vs. ManUtd (A) PL 3-1

ManCity vs. Arsenal (A) 3-2

ManCity vs. At. Madrid (N) SC 4-3

ManCity vs. Liverpool (H) PL 3-0

ManCity vs. Wigan (H) PL 4-0

ManCity vs. At. Madrid (A) CL 4-1

ManCity vs. Burnley (A) ELC 2-2

ManCity vs. Burnley (H) PL 3-1

ManCity vs. M'boro (H) PL 2-0

ManCity vs. Austria Wien (H) CL 10-0 (!!!!)

ManCity vs. Wolves (A) PL 3-1

ManCity vs. Blackburn (H) PL 2-0

ManCity vs. Olympiakos (A) CL 4-2

ManCity vs. Aston Villa (A) PL 2-1

ManCity vs. Chelsea (H) PL 1-1

ManCity vs. Tottenham (A) PL 2-1

ManCity vs. Olympiakos (H) CL 4-0

Pretty good results. Just three negative results (Arsenal Loss,Burnley Draw and Chelsea Draw) but Arsenal and Chelsea is two good teams, so it's not that bad. Positive results against ManUtdx2, Liverpool, Austra Wien and At.Madrid (2 time CL-champions over the two last years)....

GP:18 Won:15 Draw:2 Loss:1 Goals:60 Conceded:17 +43

2nd in the league (2pts after United)

1st in CL (12pts on 4 games)

Gotta love this tactic!!

Good results there mate :thup: But have you tried interchanging Veloso's and Diarra's positions ? Veloso is better going forward and Diarra is a better DMC imo because of his strength.

This tactic is really working wonders now!

Thanks Pointon, 6 points clear of United with 23 games gone, won 17 drew 4 and lost 2!!

Torres is back now and has scored on his game back, thanks to Tokekappelgaard I bought in Martins who has 5 goals in 4 games! Also Keane is out on loan to Villa! His last game before I loaned him out he scored 4 goals (but it was against Ipswich)!!

So thanks Pointon!!

one thing i've noticed id you need to train your strikers im PPM to gewt the best out of them an example obafemi martins has Moves in channels, shoots with power and runs with ball through center

michael owen has places shots and simple passes this is one of the main reasons why he's not scoring goals as someone pointed out a couple of posts back

move in to channels is prob the most important cos it allows the strikers to get round the back of the defence

likes to beat the offside trap does what is says on the tin a must for any fast striker

there's obviusly more but just two of the things i always learn my strikers i hope this helps people

Been playing FM 2009 a WHOLE lot...and tried "100s" different popular downloaded tactics.

Downloaded these tactics

Decided to only use the HOME Tactic

To really check this tactic i took control over West Bromw....

Bought Lewandowski and used the players with the best skills for this tactic in the WBA squad

1.Season: 6 place

2.Season: 4 place+ Fa cup victory

Bought a whole bunch of young players and played them

3.Season: 5 place (Lewandowski was injured half the season)

PURE MAGIC AND THE BEST TACTIC FOR WHOLE FM IMHO!!

Thanks !!!!

totally agree there markcox, before this tactic i was so close to sticking this game on ebay! So i tried it with Brighton, am now sitting in 3rd place!! cheers pointon.... you fm legend!

+1 With the help of this tactic I am ready to play in lower leagues...

Ok I gave up with my River Plate career (after won everything) and accepted contract to Celta Vigo (2nd season, 19 place after 25 games)

and look:

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/196204

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/196210

In last 15 minutes of game with Valencia a set barrows to my both FBs and increased wasting time to max as I do usually and works fine. What you think pointon27?

Been working for a bit with my beligum gent team...then lost about 10 games in a row at the end of the season...

Great tactic.

Was using knaps tactics which are fantastic and will probably use again but this is just as good and a bit more pleasant on the eye.

Yes i have to agree with most people. This tactic is Quality. I was using Matts TTF (i think thats what its called) and couldn't do any better than mid table. I am in the 3rd season with Sheffield Wednesday still in the championship. I switched to your "attack" tactic 6 games in and I have lost 1 in 27 games. I'm not sure how i will fare in the premiership with this tactic as i do have a VERY GOOD young championship side. I will post screen shots later on of my progress with it. Are you planning on releasing a Version 2 at any point or is the THE tactic :). I don't mind if you leave it as it's working for me :)

Yes i have to agree with most people. This tactic is Quality. I was using Matts TTF (i think thats what its called) and couldn't do any better than mid table. I am in the 3rd season with Sheffield Wednesday still in the championship. I switched to your "attack" tactic 6 games in and I have lost 1 in 27 games. I'm not sure how i will fare in the premiership with this tactic as i do have a VERY GOOD young championship side. I will post screen shots later on of my progress with it. Are you planning on releasing a Version 2 at any point or is the THE tactic :). I don't mind if you leave it as it's working for me :)

At the moment no plans for v2 tactic as i'm still having success with this, however i'm looking at making another variation, as even though i'm top of the league, in the champions league semi final and Italian cup semi final, because of my success in the last few seasons every team i play just puts men behind the ball and i can struggle to break them down and usually win by only a single goal or two.

Now that i'm comfortable that i should win the league i think i only need 2 more wins out of the remaining 8 games to make sure i'm going to experiment with a couple of things to see if i can break them down easier.

well it didnt take long for the AI to overcome my thoughts on the creativity, this tactic has really gone down the pan for me, i have all the right players, and i can bearly by a win.... guess am going to have to look for a new tactic.... shame i liked this one.

I think your problem is a morale one and not a creative freedom one, in this game if you have a few bad results, morale drops then you notice your players making fundemental mistakes, i.e your defence, then you put that down to creative freedom.

If you have the option ask your captain to call a team meeting, try not to go to hard on your team in team talks praise good performances etc.

The tactic is mainly a global mentallity one, which makes it easily tweakable in matches, so for example you could use the home version, reduce mentallity, tick counter attack, untick play offside and lower def line, and you should then have a half decent counter attacking away tactic. As if your having poor form teams that play you are more likely to try and attack more, which means you might want to play on the defensive, i.e in my games the teams now who face me tend to play 4-5-1 and try and park the bus in front of goal which has lead me to the belief i need to come up with another tactic to help counter this, as i'm only winning by a single goal and my defender is top scorer even though my strikers who have been prolific in recent seasons are not scoring and not even getting the same kind of chances.

Hi there,

Doing great for Man City side. I know it is not the most ambitious choice but I believe it is not hard to get a decent squad in any team in a 3 years. Thats why I kicked off with City.

So far so good. 3 points ahead of Man Utd and played 2 games less.

Struggle with injuries from my best strikr Falcao and super - star Robinho but replacement doing fine.

Great play from my central defenders. Richards for president ! And Dunne can be his wife or w/e.

Thanks

Started off the season pretty well... So far in La Liga i've played P7 - W5 D2 L0... Sitting in 2nd place behind Atletico Madrid (who have yet to drop a point). Scored 14 and conceded 4, highest GD in the league so far.

Played my first game in europe and lost 3-2 to Portsmouth.

All in all, I am happy with the way the tactic is going, and it's still early days. I do find that there are to many yellow cards. Is there a way to stop the rash challenges my team are obviously making?

I had the most strangest game in my whole CM/FM experience last night.

I was in my second season with Milan, I got knocked out of the champions league group stage and have been travelling excellent in the Uefa Cup. I have just completed the Semi Final Home and Away Leg Vs Juventus, and using this tactic, I was switching the tactic during the game between the home and controlled tactic. Both Games finished 2-2 on agg, so it came down to penalty shoot out. Thinking that at 6-6 and my GK taking the next kick, he misses the 7th shot, and starring at a defeat, Juve(can't remember the player right now, steps up and blasts over the bar giving me a second chance.

Both teams from there could not miss, with the shoot out going into players second shots, it was 12-12, 13-13 and so on up until 17-17, on the 18th penalty shot, Kyut scores a nice placed shot into the corner, here is me thinking when is this penalty shoot out going to end, both teams playing for 152 minutes Thiago steps up and blasts straight at my keep for a great save and we go through to the final of the Uefa Cup after 2-2(18-17) 153 minute game, I'm hoping that my team haven't run out of energy to continue the last 3 games of the league with a 3 point lead over Juventus(who seem to be the team I have has the most luck against, (beating them in just in the middle of the Uefa Cup Tie 2-1) to take the lead, with a superior goal difference I am hoping that they slip up on the next league game and I win, thus mathematically speaking I will win the League, after finishing 3rd in my first season. The Silverwear looks like its finally going to be sitting in the board room and with a Big smile on managements face.

But for this to happen I have to thank pointon27, this tactic has been the focus point and the restructure of my team, and look forward to the pre-season & transfer market to give Season 3 a real shake up and world dommination !!

I started this after taking over Bolton half way through, went unbeaten in 7 games and was third, but now it has all gone pear shaped and have won once in 5 games and now sit 10th.

It maybe down to morale i know, but getting beat away at 2nd bottom, and getting very peed off.

I will look at my centre halfs and see what their creative freedom is set, and change this partilcularly away from home.

hey man, great tactic!!!

I'm using on Atletico Madrid, year 206, this tactic Home version!

But i've two great problems....

two great players are doing a very poor season... and i don't know what's wrong!

this is my MC (not DMC!!!)

15borisnovakot8.th.png

and this is my baby super ST (on the left side)

19luscarloswz8.th.png

as you can see the MC has a medium MV 6.86, only 5 assist, and the ST makes goal only with Brazil (but the previous season 12 goal on 20 matches for him... same tactic!!!!)

Can anyone help me to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

I have used this tactics for half a season, at the beginning it went perfect! I am a mid size team in Belgium, playing PSV, Marseille and Dortmund in the UEFA cup and beating these teams. In the league, I ran away with 15pts.

Then after losing the semi to Lyon 6-0 (fair enough as they have the mulit millions squad!), then I was losing almost all of my league games and got 2nd at the end. I didn't have much chances in these games and the AI often got lucky to win by 1 or 2 goals...

Both of the mid and def mid have around 14 in creativity but they were not passing the ball to the strikers? Both Strikers are alright with 16 in pace, quite ok in Belgium.

Hi, I started as Leeds united and I have a question.

If my team plays away game and losing, should I change 'home' tactic to create chances?

If other team is bit stronger than my team according to match prediction (for example, my team: 1.23, away team: 1.27),

Which tactic should I use based on match prediction?

Hi, I started as Leeds united and I have a question.

If my team plays away game and losing, should I change 'home' tactic to create chances?

If other team is bit stronger than my team according to match prediction (for example, my team: 1.23, away team: 1.27),

Which tactic should I use based on match prediction?

If your favourites at home or slight underdogs use the home version, if your up against it at home i'd use the control. Away from home if your underdogs or only slight favourites i would use the control, clear favourites i would use the home version.

do we just use the tactic as it, or do we need to tweak it??? Im finding with a lot of tactics they work for about 8 games then i go crap again.

I always send my assistant to do teamtalks, maybe this has a bearing.

I haven't tweaked my tactic since i created it and have had good success every season.

i downloaded both tactics and only one came up on the archived tactics on fm :confused:

i thought there was 2 - Home and away

Get bk to me as soon as please :D

There is two, on the first post i have given two links one for the home version and one for the control.

My MC gets really low ratings in the 1st half, then when i say dissapointed at half time he plays really well!! Any ideas??

Its a bug in the game all MC's or AMC's tend to get poor ratings unless they assist or score, thats why in my home tactic if i use the MC as the playmaker he tends to get better ratings as he's more likely to get an assist. If you have an MC with good passing and creativity try and use him as your playmaker and see how you get on.

Superb tactic. I started a game with Arsenal and won the league (by 9 points), Fa Cup and Carling Cup as well as getting knocked out in the CL semi final on away goals in the first season. I only made 2 signings in january (opening window turned off) and 2 sales so no major squad changes. Had to play Chelsea (away), United (home) and Liverpool (away) in a row at one point and the results were 2-0, 4-1 and 1-1 so I'm very impressed.

Thanks! gonna try it with Roma now.