• Holland
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Rest Of Europe
    • Australasia
    • South America
    • South Africa
    • North America

Perhaps I feel like I know too much about them or I hate the thought of playing against, and beating, the team I support, so I end up managing in mainland Europe.

Personally I take great joy from beating the team you support :)

Scunthorpe United 5-1 Manchester United :)

France with Bordeaux. In FM08, I managed Fenerbahce.

I could never manage in England or Italy or Spain. I just get bored easily and I don't know why this is. On FM09, I started a game with Genoa but I just got bored for a reason that I can't exactly put my finger on. I'd say I don't manage in the EPL because I know enough about the league. I like to gain knowledge in other leagues. Maybe with teams who on their day have teams who can beat the "big giants" of Europe such as Fenerbahce, Bordeaux, Marseille, Standard Liege, etc.

Another thing I've noticed is that I find it very hard to manage a team I know nothing about. I've been watching Bordeaux matches all season and this has really got me into the mood for them. The previous season, I tried to catch as many Fenerbahce matches as I could. Maybe I failed with Genoa because I haven't ever seen them play live.

I have a bit of a tradition of playing a game as Ajax on each versio. Really enjoy the dutch league as there is a decent quality of players without it being too difficult for my liking. But i always end of with 5+ saves on each version and have had enjoyable games in the past going teams such as Red Star Belgrade, Dinamo Kiev, Dinamo Minsk, Hibs, AIK etc. I never manage outside Europe and rarely in the 'big' leagues.

Archived