Another "team from scratch" challenge

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit unlucky there. But on your transfer Sherica I thought Enyeama was like 23 or 24?

omg. i missed on that. i'll leave him to rot in the reserve and sign another GK as backup.

cant wait to start playing with my squad after i finished up my work.

Originally posted by Marco_RFC:

Wish i could, i never got a wp for him so have him loaned out to Anderlecht with cardozo.

says in the rules... that in first season you may use the fmm editor to give a player who's denied a permit a second nationality

Having bought 57 players when I checked 4 were 23 but only 2 became 23 between bid and transfer, so will need to start again.

Finding a GK is tough have Ian Walker in goal.

Spector

Thats a pretty good season you've had mate. Winning the UEFA Cup was a job well done. icon14.gif

Saivet looks to have developed well for you. Well done of that as I've never seen him become that good so quick.

Rules - I posted most of them a little above. I've not had time to think much so havent really added too much to that list. But heres a few which I'm looking to add:

- The first rule where I lay the transfer budget as 40M, reduce that to 30M instead.

- Since from season 2 you're allowed 7 players on the bench, you should now have ATLEAST 18 players in your first team squad.

- In season 1 you are required to have ATLEAST 5 English players for your first team squad and the rest can be any nationality. So:

(a) If you have exactly 5 English players in your first-team squad, you are allowed to sell a maximum of 1 per season.

(b) If you have between 6-8 English players in your first-team squad, you are allowed to sell 2 per season.

© If you have 9 or more English players in your first-team squad, you are allowed to sell 4 per season.

(d) You are allowed to sell a maximum of 3 non-English players from your first-team squad.

Note: The general rule of atleast 5 English players in your first-team squad applies for all seasons.

- There is no limit on how many reserve/youth players you can sell.

I think that would be about all I'm going to add. Maybe 1 or 2 more if I can think of any. Anybody starting the season 2 before I finalise the rules will be exempt from any additions ofcourse. Only for season 2 though. Do give me your feedback after the transfer window closes on them please. Let me know how hard/easy it gets with these rules. Thanx. icon_smile.gif

- You can have all your 27 or over players in your starting XI.

- You need to have atleast 1 English player in your starting XI.

- I dont have your messenger ID. You add me: ze_incredible_hulk@hotmail.com

Lol. Yeah, those rules can be a pain sometimes. But the whole point of this game is to not buy players like Aguero etc. Buy young players and develop them to be better than Aguero! icon_smile.gif

First Season:

I spent 92M + future transfer 7.25M = 99.25M

Goalkeepers

15.7.2007 - Oier Olazabal £130K from Barcelona

31.8.2007 - Logan Bailly from Genk - £1.8M

01.1.2008 - Oscar Ustari from Getafe - £4.1M

Defenders:

20.7.2007 - Mamadou Sakho from Paris SG - free

22.7.2007 - Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax - £4.1M

30.7.2007 - Federico Fazio from Sevilla - £4.4M

09.8.2007 - Miranda from Sao Paulo - £5.25M

Wing backs:

01.8.2007 - Marcelo from R.Madrid - £5.5M

09.8.2007 - Ryan Taylor from Wigan - £7.5M

12.8.2007 - Jonathan Spector from West Ham - £5M

Defensive Midfielders:

18.7.2007 - Alberto Zapater from Zaragoza - £7M

13.8.2007 - Distel Zola from Monaco - £250K

Midfielders:

15.7.2007 - David Jones - Free Transfer

30.7.2007 - Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff - £2.5M

06.8.2007 - Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht - £3M

Attacking Middfielders:

02.8.2007 - Sotiris Ninis from Panathinaikos - £3.5

13.8.2007 - Alex from Fenerbahce - £6M

15.8.2007 - Niklas Bärkroth frok IFK Göteborg - free

15.8.2007 - Samuel from Rayo - £110K

16.8.2007 - Juan Román Riquelme from Boca - £9.75M

09.1.2008 - Henri Lansbury from Arsenal – free

01.7.2008 – Andrey Arshavin from Zenit - £7.25M

Wingers:

19.7.2007 - Aquino from Murcia £190K

20.7.2007 - Georginios Wijnaldum from Feyenoord - free

28.7.2007 - Santi Cazorla from Villareal - £2.1M

10.8.2007 - Andrew Surman from Southampton £3.4M

12.8.2007 - Mika Ääritalo from TPS - £250K

23.8.2007 - Jefferson Farfán from PSV - £7.5M

01.1.2008 - Birkir Bjarnason from Viking - free

Strikers:

21.7.2007 - Henri Saivet from Bordeaux - free

27.7.2007 - Emilio Nsue from Mallorca - £190K

27.7.2007 - Danny Welbeck from Man Utd - free

07.8.2007 - Género Zeefuik from PSV - £1.5M

26.8.2007 - Dayro Moreno from Steaua - £1.6M

31.8.2007 - Olaxndr Gladkyi from Shaktar - £5.25M

Team Competitions

Champions Cup: Finished 3rd Group D. Inter 2. Celtic 3. London Utd 4. Shaktar

EURO Cup: Winners, 2-1 vs Fenerbahce

Premier Division: Finished 4th

FA Cup: 4th Rnd, 2-4 vs Man Utd

League Cup: Semi Final 4-5 Everton

Probably my best Starting XI:

GK: Foster

DL: Marcelo

DR: Taylor

DC: Vermaelen

DC: Mrainda

DM: Zapater

DM: Biglia

AMC: Farfan

AMC: Riquelme

AMC Cazorla

SC: Henri Saivet

Second Season:

Transfer window is now closed and i have bought players for 30.25M and sold for 15M = 15.75M left of 30M limits.

Transfer in

Goalkeepers:

01.7.2008 – Emiliano Viviano from Brescia – free

02.7.2008 – Antonio Adán from R.Madrid – free

Defender:

01.7.2008 – Steven Thicot from Nantes – free

Wing Back:

14.8.2008 – Ronald Zuber from Marseille - £3.2M

Midfielder:

04.8.2008 – Mark Noble from West Ham – £3.1M

Attacking Midfielders:

01.7.2008 – Lucas Trecarichi from Sevilla - £190K

01.7.2008 – Jose Baxter from Everton – free

Strikers:

26.7.2008 – James Vaughan from Everton - £12M

19.8.2008 – Dean Ashton from West Ham – £12.25M

Transfer Out:

29.7.2008 – Ryan Taylor to Newcastle - £15M

I have just played 6 games in season 2, 2 games in cl and 4 in EPL.

EPL: 4-3 lose against Liverpool! – but won Fulham 3-1 home and 1-2 Villa away

Euro Supercup: lose 2-1 against Man Utd

CL: vs Slavian Leberec from Cech in Champions League Qual.3 won 4-0 home and 1-1 away. And my in Group D with Inter(AGAIN!), Lyon and Dortmund... Very difficult Group..

Well i’m going to sleep now! =)

Can someone provide a link to FM Modifier and let me know how it works, to sort out a WP.

Thanks

Just go to google and type in "Football Manager Modifier Download" or something and you'll get plenty of links mate. Else, go to the "Editors Hideaway" forums and you'll find a link there. icon14.gif

Working it is very easy. Just start it up and you'll know. To edit the "second nationality" however, you'll need to click on the "relations" tab on FMM and edit one of the relations there to some EU country.

30.25M and sold for 15M = 15.75M left of 30M limits.

You have 14.75m left mate.

Sherica good luck getting into the last champions league spot.

How did peoples board react when they went out of tournaments or when they finished the season? I had a bit of a bad start due to the teams I was playing although I got into the group stages of CL so far and the board are disappointed by the teams recent form. Okay I lost to Liverpool, drew with Arsenal and did bad in my friendlies but I don't really think that's a big deal to be disappointed about.

Downloaded FMM but still not working but never mid restarted again. First time bought Samba whoops but despite a great start 4-0 win over Man City restarted trying to keep to rules.

So far 50 players for 71m combining yth from my Spurs game Saivet etc, yth from Oxford game Sabic Ganea etc and other Brits eg Fleck, just to see how they develop.

I will use TND training and have Pat Jennings as GK coach and Cantana coaching defending.

I will post full team but has been really enjoyable just putting squad together, so thanks for putting together this challenge.

Originally posted by Zellix:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">30.25M and sold for 15M = 15.75M left of 30M limits.

You have 14.75m left mate.

Sherica good luck getting into the last champions league spot.

How did peoples board react when they went out of tournaments or when they finished the season? I had a bit of a bad start due to the teams I was playing although I got into the group stages of CL so far and the board are disappointed by the teams recent form. Okay I lost to Liverpool, drew with Arsenal and did bad in my friendlies but I don't really think that's a big deal to be disappointed about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My board was unhappy about Champions league but was happy when i won EURO CUP...

OK - I only have 16 players so far:

All prices in Euros

GK: Iain Walker(1m)/Benoit Costil(3.5m)/Foster

RB: Valera (6.5m)

CB: Sakho (725) Bellaid (6m)

Sokratiris (6m) Fazio (6.25m)

LB: Shorey (12.5m)

MC: Jones (free) Savage (free) Petit (6.5m)

AM: Fleck (850) Driver (4m) Barnes

SC: Saivet (850)

I have taken the view that I need my overage players in midfield - hence Savage (captain) and Petit and will look for pacey young strikers.

6 English so far - Walker, Foster, Shorey, Jones, Driver, Barnes

I have almost 87 mill left at this stage and will try and sign Defoe and maybe Andy Johnson I think next.

Playing liquid Attack, with Tugs Training

First game went well:

londonutdqg9.th.jpg

All £7.5 or under

Ist Team

Lobant (Age)

Ricardo (Age)

Taylor (UK)

Roseinor (UK)

Omozusi (UK)

Bellaid

Fazio

Marcelo

Ledley (UK)

Mattock (UK)

Bruno Lopes

Zapater

Elliot (UK)

Pratley (UK)

Eduardo

Barnes (UK)

Skjebred

Defour

Farfan

Diogo

Gignac

Sharp (UK)

Reserves

Foster (UK)

Edwards (UK)

Price (UK)

Sakho

Jones (UK)

Sabic

Daminuta

Piatti

Kenia

Sankhare

Buonanette

Valeev

Mihelic

Baclet

Gao Lin

Lulinha

Ganea

Aquino

Garner (UK)

Sburlea

Youth

De Gea

Delle

Scribe

Nylen

Kilbey (UK)

Wilshere (UK)

Salomonsson

Eccleston (UK)

Ramsey (UK)

Bostock (UK)

Ayew

Moses (UK)

Rose (UK)

Wijnaldum

Fleck (UK)

Galvan

Saivet

Janota

Delfouneso (UK)

Acapandie

Mazzola

So far P6 W3 D2 L1 using modified Kimz V2 (no tweaking).

Nuts. So it does. Thanks for that welshace icon14.gif

Ill use him as a tutor then if thats ok - he is out injured for three months anyhoo and I have now signed Aaron Ramsey to sit alongside Petit.

May as well list the entire lot and see what else I have messed up

First Team Squad

GK's

Costil £2.4m

Flinders £1m

Foster

Defenders

Bellaid £4.8m

Fazio £4.3m

Abenzoar £1.3m

Sakho free (plus compo of course)

Papastathopolous £4.2m

Guilherme £4.1m

Shorey £8.5m

Juan Valera £4.5m

Midfielders

David Jones free

Petit £4.5m

Aaron Ramsey £2.2m

Robbie Savage (now a tutor!) free

Giles Barnes

Valter Brisa £6m

Andrew Driver £2.8m

Rene MIhelic £350k

Per Ciljan Skjelbred £3.1m

Strikers

Dean Ashton £17.25m (cant hit a cows backside with a banjo!)

Steven Fletcher $4.1m

Henry Saivet compo

7 English players: Foster, Flinders, Shorey, Jones, Barnes, Driver, Ashton

21 signed for first team

Tutors

Luigi Di Biagio free

Magnus Svensson free

Ian Walker £1m

3 signed as tutors

Reserve team Squad

J Steele

M Elliott

D Grainger

P Huntington

R Stearman

D Haynes

B Howard (All England)

J Lecjacks

J Fleck

7 English players

9 signed for reserve team

Total Exp £93m

Total No Signed: 33 of which 14 are English

Deccent pre season - one defeat in Turkey to Besiktas

First league game LU 2:1 Noocastle Ashton playing like a doofus, Birsa a revelation.

Hey Hulk.

Saw this thread last night and I couldn't wait to try it out. The game gets boring when you just keep buying the same players every time like you said so great idea and thanks for the time and effort.

I'm about to play my first league game, and I quickly went over the rules. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I need at least 4 players aged 20 or less in my first 11, or is it including subs?

I'll post my transfers and results at the end of August.

Originally posted by welshace:

great looking team mate.. where do you play birsa?

Behind fletcher and ashton in the liquid attack formation

Also beat Shakhtar 2: 1 away In CL qualifier and Villa 2:1 as well

I am thinking that the formation may be a little complicated for all these guys thrown together so I might experiment with a slightly tweaked bog standard 4-4-2 so see if they gel quicker.

Have signed favergue a smy loan - he is big and strong and might be better than Ashton is playing at the mo. Fletcher has scored 2 in 2 and his stats are getting higher by the day.

Not using FMM so I cannot sign Thiago Neves, who is usually one of my first ports of call.

AH well. Enjoying this though. Great challenge

Originally posted by antfm08:

Not sure if i broke any of the rules but i might of anyway this is the link to my team

londonutdln7.th.png

Another thing im new to this so ive no idea if ive done the link right etc

Uh, why is Ben Foster not injured?

And how did you manage to get Denilson for less than 7.5M :s

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also did you say we can loan bojan?

i wasnt sure either the rule is unclear as it says you are not allowed to loan bojan but only as backup

which doest make sense

must be a mistake

You are right mate. It is a mistake. Sorry about that.

To clarify:

I decided to scrap the rule whereby you are forced to buy your loanee player next season if you play him a lot in season 1. It can easily be misused so best to let it rest. And you ARE now allowed to loan in Bojan if desired but again, only as a backup.

Hope that clarifies it. I put "not" instead of "now" before! Silly type-o!

But do remember that the loanees are not allowed to play unless your other backups are all injured/suspended/unavailable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WE CAN LOAN HIM YAY!

teeyougee

Good to see you trying it out mate.

Yeah, that rule is a little vague I think. Originally, I intended it to be that you have to play 4 players 20 or less in every game from the start. But I dont think too many people have followed it and also, I think it might be a little too difficult. I'm still trying to stick with it on my game but I think I'm going to make that atleast to be "atleast 3 players 20 or less to be in the match day squad".

Striker - I'd highly recommend Amauri or Rocchi. I've got both in my team and they're keeping me top of the league so far. Rocchi might too expensive when you do a scout report or enquire but you should be able to unsettle him. He might just be upset himself if Lazio sell Pandev (which they usually do in season 1). In my game, it was the other way round though. I unsettled Rocchi and he demanded a transfer. Got him for 5M. Then Pandev became unhappy and they were willing to let him go for 10M or so. He's still there though so I dont know what happened.

Originally posted by antfm08:

i kept saying how much a wanna sign denilson and how i think he will become a star and i put in a offer and he became unsettled.

thats the rule i think i broke by using fmm to heal foster xD

How much did you pay for Denilson in the end?

And yeah, Foster is supposed to stay injured ;p But your game, do as you wish.

This is for everyone - I know there is confusion about rules at the moment because I've got them scattered everywhere. I've been a bit caught up with work but I'll try to sort it all out by today or tomorrow at the latest. I'll contact a mod to edit my opening post and put everything in there. I do aplogise for all the confusion! icon_smile.gif

Well I've played with 4 U-20s in first 11 in my first 3 matches, and I'll continue to do so if you decide to keep that as the rule. It'll at least mean that most of my players get 1st team experience.

If you decide to include subs, I think 4 U-20s in the 16 (or 18) players would be better - 3 seems too less, but your choice.

As for the striker, I really badly wanted Amauri, but they wouldnt let me have him for 10M, no matter how much I tried, and he didn't get unsettled.

I tried Rocchi too when I couldn't get Amauri but they wanted over 10M too - and I didn't try to unsettle him :/

Now I've gone and bought Alex (from Fenerbahce) and I panic-bought Greg Pujol, meaning I can't get anymore 27+s.

So I'm looking for either an English guy, or a foreigner U-22 (mentioned this earlier but you mighta missed it icon_wink.gif).

If I can't find anyone, I think I'll have to use Saivet as a back-up for Pujol, and I might loan in Bojan as a 2nd back-up (though I really didn't wanna get him).

RIght finally finished my team so here it is.

First team

rz8q4rndc4l6dasfaxjn_thumb.jpg

Starting Line up

pplsb6kjld3otwtj9s0_thumb.jpg

Reserves

f6hnvfgrlhsvdaatw5u_thumb.jpg

Future Transfers

pugdeqhfmhta1lz5hqm_thumb.jpg

Also have a young player called Mergim Hereqi in the u18's.

I have the maximum allowance of all staff, Have £5.56m left from my budget and am £1.61m p/w under my budget.

Archived