Another "team from scratch" challenge

Yeah I lost the opening game of the season too. 3-2 at Anfield icon_frown.gif. But yeah Fletcher is rubbish, although sometimes he does seem to pop up with important goals.

My RB took a knock so I had to bring on Marvin Elliot. He has good stats in all the right places and I'm sure he'll be fine against most opposition but Babel destroyed him. Torres popped in too although the chaps managed to keep Gerrard quiet for most the game. Fans are happy with Riquelme and he has shown 1 or 2 moment of magic but judging by the first game only I'm disappointed so far although his second half performance got him off that 6. Amauri was class when he got the ball so their is a bright spark there.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unlucky at anfield.

i just played 3 games

London 4-0 Sparta Prague (Zapater, Gouffran, Gignac, Neves)

Bolton 0-2 London (Neves, Witsel)

Villa 1-1 London (Gouffran)

- Bailly and Bellaid got sent off but they missed the penalty from the foul bailly made and Bellaid went off for disent!

but means next game! Preston Edwards is in goal!

and i have CHELSEA!

Originally posted by welshace:

right... all transfers have been completed, staff and players

pre season is well underway and we're looking good

heres my final first team:

06202008191030bl1.th.jpg

mate what leagues are you runnning or loaded players from?

Dayro Moreno, Ricardo jesus, Kivuvu, Arrieta are all new to me. i saw your screenshot of Jesus looks good. what about the others cheers.

Originally posted by Zellix:

Two nice wins there for sure. Quite lucky to survive that then! Good point too since Villa are a decent team. I want to devise an anti-Chelsea formation. Something like flat back ten.

lol well i support them so always seem to beat them! only player who scores for them seems to be PANDEV i hate that man, but they havent bought him on this save! so hopefully Edwards might be okay lol. doubt it though!

Gouffran has had a great start so far!

Sparta Prague 1-4 London (Gouffran 2, Sharp, Ansaldi)

so 8-1 win on Agg. cant complain there. now for the champions League group...

Real Madrid, Roma and Steaua so my group very similar to yours Hulk! weird!

Originally posted by dexta200:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spector:

Zellix, how did you get wp for Diogo?

use FMM and give him english second nationality.

lost 2-5 to Chelsea Edwards was useless no suprise there though!

Gouffran getting another 2 goals! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can i give him english second nationaliy? Because i can't see any second nationality in fmm

Spector

Go to "relations" on FMM and just edit one of the relations he has. There's a "other nationality" option there. icon_smile.gif

dexta200

Lol. Yeah thats pretty similar. Just got the better of Roma at home in a hard fought encounter. Won 2-1. Now I need to go to their home and defend like mad and get a draw and that should see me through the group. Bloody hope that Roma dont beat Madrid somehow!

good luck mate! does my squad look okay? i cant see that ive made any mistakes anyways. Gouffran is a beast!!

Bailly so far has been very solid so could be okay just as long as he doesnt get sent of again!

Tiago Neves i am in love with this man more and more every game!

just had a 0-0 at Anfield where i absolutely dominated but failed to score!

1st group game...

Steaua 1-4 London (Gouffran 3, Neves)

that puts Gouffran on 9 in 8

in league won 2 drew 2 and lost 2 so not too great but not too bad so far! only lost to chelsea and man utd so not complaining just yet!

my 20s and under starters seem to have earned their place in the team.

Marcelo, Federico Fazio, Alex Witsel, Giles Barnes and also Skjelbred, Rakitic,Ansaldi all put in some good performances. so all good so far! enjoying it Hulk and love the thought thats gone into it!

I'm jealous you got Neves for less than 7.5m icon_frown.gif. They wanted 10 on my game. I'm certainly liking the teams that have been put together so far. It would have been awesome like Owen and Crouch up front with Hart in goals...bit costly on the wallet though.

yeah well my englishmen consist of

Giles Barnes, Preston Edwards, Billy Sharp, Ryan Taylor and Ben Foster. then some youth spence bostock moses.

cant bring myself to pay the english prices they really are pathetic! and their not even good players! but yeah the teams look cool so far!

Neves cost me 6.5m icon_biggrin.gif great price for an amazing player!

yeah well my englishmen consist of

Giles Barnes, Preston Edwards, Billy Sharp, Ryan Taylor and Ben Foster. then some youth spence bostock moses.

cant bring myself to pay the english prices they really are pathetic! and their not even good players! but yeah the teams look cool so far!

Neves cost me 6.5m icon_biggrin.gif great price for an amazing player!

Lol how do you get 5 English players into your first 16 every game? I'd feel nervous putting cheap English players on the bench. Tbf Barnes, Sharp and Foster when he's fit are okay. I leave Barnes in the reserves, trying to loan him out at the moment. Looking forward to Foster coming back though because he looks a really decent keeper and he'll have a few months recovery time before Walker's contract expires. Brilliant price for Nevas btw.

Hope I'm not speaking to soon but McCann and Nolan look good playing together. Taylor has looked pretty average at best although he has stopped a few really good long range shots like a screamer from Gerrard but I think I'm going to have to get bodies behind the ball to protect the goal instead. He's not a bad keeper but I always compare players to what I've had before which used to be Ustari (07), Enyeama (07,08) and Lloris. How's Billy Sharp playing?

i dont mate. there is no rule there saying i have to play them. i play Barnes basically every game and Taylor and Sharp often. Sharp done okay scored 1 in 4. not great but never mind. i only have 3 in my 16 thats Barnes,and Edwards and Taylor on the bench.

dexta200

Thanx mate. I finally had enough of playing as Arsenal and winning every bloody thing without blinking an eyelid. And I dont have enough time for LLM. So had to come up with something that could hold my interest for a while. This seems to be it so far! Am trying to come with a few things that'll keep the interest going few seasons into the game as well. icon_smile.gif

Your squad looks good. Only worry is a backup GK (which has already cost you). You should have signed Costil for less than 1M mate. He's a good GK from the start and becomes brilliant after a few seasons. LB is also a little worrying because both of them are VERY attacking. Other than that you look solid everywhere.

I was actually considering both Cabanas and Gouffran when trying to buy a striker. But when Rocchi became available for 5M, I didnt hesitate. Was keen on Rakitic too but just ran out of money. Well done of getting Neves that cheap. Didnt really occur to me to buy him tbh.

English players - yeah, they are bloody over-priced. I was very keen on getting Ashton but the jokers wanted 20M! Would have paid about 11-13M no problem. But 20 was a bit much and that was after I negotiated the price down!

Zellix

Its not very hard with the English players. You can get a few of them cheap and they do a great job for you. But sometimes I guess it CAN be a pain. Thats why I decided to include 2 English players in the squad from the start because I knew it might be a problem for some people. icon_smile.gif

I would recommend you start playing Barnes mate. The lad is brilliant. Atleast get him off the bench in games because he'll cause problems with his pace all the time.

Spector

Yes, you can mate. Applies to 22 year old players as well. You can sign a player who is 22 years of age even if by the time he joins your club, he will be 23. Just a few of the things that I added to make things a little easier! icon_biggrin.gif

dexta200

Lol. Yeah, I suppose there are quite a few many rules. But I really cant see a way around them. If I dont have them, then it'll be the usual "make this team great" challenge!

And wait till you see the rules I've got for next season and beyond! icon_biggrin.gif

lol yeah i know i like the rules dont get me wrong its what makes it interesting!

once you got them sorted i think maybe one big post considering absolutely everything lol. i know it might be a bit annoying and long but would save alot of time people asking if they could sign this player at this age but turning that age or anything like that. but seeing as your on the forum alot it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

yeah i had a bid of 300k for costil but ran out of money didnt budget very well just clicked accept accept accept then though crap what am i going to do now! and i stupidly got Stubbs when i should have got Molina or something.

i know my left backs are attacking but they both doing alright at the moment marcelo has had his bad moments but ill stick with it for a season.

just wondering what you got instore for us next then!

i play the game quick so give us them soon icon_razz.gif will take me a day to get my head around them too haha icon_razz.gif

dexta200

Yeah, I am planning on contacting one of the mods to edit the opening post to include absolutely everything once I've got everything sorted. That will make it simpler for everyone although it will be one huge-ar*e post!!

Nothing drastoc planned for next season but there will a few restrictions. I hope to finalise all of them by tomorrow. But I'm gonna post what I have so far in a bit to get feedback from people. Those wont be the final ones though.

ah thats cool then.

looking forward to seeing the rules then.

not a chance in hell im going to be able to challenge for the title!

7th afer 12 games won 5 drawn 3 lost 4

tactic is creating loads of chances but lack of composure and just stupid mistakes by players are costing me games. like lost 2-1 to man city bailly passing the ball to Benjani! annoyinggg!!

Originally posted by Spector:

Hulk, 13M left and i'm trying to find a better gk than Hart :p

i was hoping to buy Neuer or Lloris but both teams want 13M for them! icon_mad.gif

Lloris you should be able to get it down to around 11m. go for it mate!

Spector

Have you already got 2 players of 27 years and over (I remember seeing Riquelme in the squad so thats one)?? If not, then go for Federico Agliardi. Will cost you about 7.5M and is a very good GK.

dexta200

Lol. Just dont get sacked mate!! I'm doing very well tbh but I have both my strikers to thank for it. I was lucky I managed to get 2 top quality strikers in Amauri and Rocchi. Even though I dont create a whole lot, I still score from the few I do as the two of them are brilliant! icon_smile.gif

yeah i was going to go for them both but amauri they wanted 14m and rocchi 10m! i thought it said they had to be a total of 10m like combined value 10m? i dont like having old players anyways lol. ill stick with the kids dont be suprised if i dont sign any players over 27. Cabanas was an exception because i needed a cheap striker.

drew against Roma 1-1 and then 0-0 and 2-2 against madrid so sitting 2nd in the group with roma and steaua to play! 1 point ahead of roma and 2 behind Madrid im couting on 3 points from Steaua and then gotta rely on Madrid beating Roma!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spector:

Hulk, 13M left and i'm trying to find a better gk than Hart :p

i was hoping to buy Neuer or Lloris but both teams want 13M for them! icon_mad.gif

Lloris you should be able to get it down to around 11m. go for it mate! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

7.5M limit.. icon_biggrin.gif

beat Steaua 4-0! so now im top of the group because Roma and Madrid drew 0-0 just Roma to go and a draw will do!

lost 1-0 to Fulham though but created millions of chances and was angry at the team was terrible!

playing one more game then off to sleeep! night guys!

good night dexta

transfer window is now closed!

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 15.7.2007 | Jones, David | Free Transfer | Free |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 18.7.2007 | Zapater, Alberto | Zaragoza | £7M |

| 19.7.2007 | Aquino | Murcia | £190K |

| 20.7.2007 | Olazabal, Oier | Barcelona | £130K |

| 20.7.2007 | Wijnaldum, Georginio | Feyenoord | Free |

| 20.7.2007 | Sakho, Mamadou | Paris Saint-Germain| Free |

| 21.7.2007 | Saivet, Henri | Girondins Bordeaux | Free |

| 22.7.2007 | Vermaelen, Thomas | Ajax | £4.1M |

| 27.7.2007 | Nsue, Emilio | Mallorca | £190K |

| 27.7.2007 | Welbeck, Danny | Man Utd | Free |

| 28.7.2007 | Santi Cazorla | Villarreal | £2.1M |

| 30.7.2007 | Fazio, Federico | Sevilla | £4.4M |

| 30.7.2007 | Ramsey, Aaron | Cardiff | £2.5M |

| 1.8.2007 | Marcelo | R. Madrid | £5.5M |

| 2.8.2007 | Ninis, Sotiris | Panathinaikos | £3.5M |

| 6.8.2007 | Biglia, Lucas | Anderlecht | £3M |

| 7.8.2007 | Zeefuik, Género | PSV | £1.5M |

| 9.8.2007 | Miranda | São Paulo | £5.25M |

| 9.8.2007 | Taylor, Ryan | Wigan | £7.5M |

| 10.8.2007 | Surman, Andrew | Southampton | £3.4M |

| 12.8.2007 | Ääritalo, Mika | TPS | £250K |

| 12.8.2007 | Spector, Jonathan | West Ham | £5M |

| 13.8.2007 | Alex | Fenerbahçe | £6M |

| 13.8.2007 | Zola, Distel | AS Monaco FC | £250K |

| 15.8.2007 | Bärkroth, Niklas | IFK Göteborg | Free |

| 15.8.2007 | Samuel | Rayo | £110K |

| 16.8.2007 | Riquelme, Juan Román | Boca | £9.75M |

| 23.8.2007 | Farfán, Jefferson | PSV | £7.5M |

| 26.8.2007 | Moreno, Dayro | Steaua | £1.6M |

| 31.8.2007 | Bailly, Logan | Genk | £1.8M |

| 31.8.2007 | Gladkyi, Olexandr | Shakhtar | £5.25M |

| | Total | | £88M |

| | | | |

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 9.8.2007 | Biglia, Lucas | Anderlecht | Loan |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | Total | | £0 |

| | | | |

nch - Start of Season 1 Summary

I spent in total 69M, is that the least here? icon_biggrin.gif

Currently 8th in table after 10 games icon_frown.gif, and it was because of our poor start to the season.

Now on a 5-match winning streak, in all competitions.

I use two tactics, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 after the horror start to the season. Both are working well and I'm climbing up the table.

First Team Squad

GK - Stuart Taylor (3M) and Ben Foster

LB - Eduardo (2.2M)

RB - Wes Brown (8.75M)

CB - Thomas Vermaelen (6M) and Brian McLean (375K)

CB - Federico Fazio (2.6M) and Richard Hinds (1.2M)

DM - Alberto Zapater (7M)

CM - Diego Buonanotte (350K) , John-Joe O'Toole (2M) , Steven Defour (3.4M) and David Jones (free)

LM - Marcelo (5.5M) and Stewart Downing (10M)

RM - Giles Barnes and Sidney Govou (7M)

ST - Gregory Pujol (3.8M) and Dayro Monero (1.3M)

Reserves

Frederic Duplus (230K)

Mamadou Sakho (425K)

Sankhare (900K) -- Could be involved in first team.

Sascha Weller (275K,regen)

Georgino Wijnaldum (275K)

Henri Saivet (450K)

John Fleck (575K) -- Could be involved in first team.

Aquino (575K)

John Bostock (475K)

Kwabena Agouda (5K) -- Will be involved in first team.

Billy Sharp (LOAN) -- A backup.

Total Players: 30

Future Signings:

Daniel Alexandersson (free)

Dean Bouzanis (450K)

Galvan (625K)

Gerson (60K)

Henri Lansbury (975K)

Daniel Pacheco (1.2M)

nice rules there Hulk. the english one is good and also the bringing through the youth ranks. because i have alan stubbs is it okay to drop him into the reserves but keep him not as a tutor to anyone but just until his contract runs out but then still have another 3 27+ players in the first team?

and would that count for anyone if they are in the reserves they dont count?

Had a look at your thread this morning and sounded like a bit of fun so thought i would give it a go.

first team:

joe hart (english)

Grohe

gioda

elliot (english)

grainger (english)

vermaelen

deschacht (on of my 27+)

ponzio

zapater

cigarini

jones (english)

Barnes (english)

Torje

farfan

downing (english)

marin

guilherme

stancu

amauri (other 27+)

Reserves:

M. sakho

I. mera

j. spence

m. murphy

Y. Sankhare

A. Popovici

L. Biglia

A. ramsey

N. Cardozo

Iriome

G. Wijnaldum

H. Saivet

J. fleck

Aquino

J. Bostock

Total of 33 signings at a cost of £99m

brought in Felippo Galli, Steve Elliot, Massimo Bonini, Franco Baldini as Coaches, Krzysztof Dowhan as GK coach, Stefano Eranio as Youth coach, Gianni Nani as Physio ans so far only Eddie Coulter as Scout.

Beat Sparta 4-2 on agg to reach group stages where i will play Real Madrid, Lazio and Benfica.

First game i had my gk grohe out injured (didnt sign hart in time) so played one of my u18. 3-3 With blackburn. beat birmingham 3-1 and wigan 3-2. Leaking too many goals for my liking. anyway liverpool up next.

EricCOYB

I'm not sure about that mate. Not really familiar with a Mac. Go to Page 3 of this thread and look a little from the top for a post by welshace where he's posted a screenshot on what the files look like on a PC. Then check on your own system whether the files on the original/updated database are by the same name and everything. If so, then it should work I guess.

dexta200

Cheers mate. About your question - let me give it a little thought mate. I'm thinking of saying "no" to that particular one tbh. The reason I'm coming up with at the moment is that it'll make it a little harder because it might get impossible to sell one of such older players. But the reason thats keeping me from making up my mind for sure is that people could just as easily claim the guy to be a tutor (even though esentially he'll only be sitting in the reserves doing nothing). So I'm just thinking if there's any way I can counter that. I'll let you know in a bit! icon_smile.gif

Marco_RFC

Thanx for trying it mate.

Squad looks nice. Liking Guilherme in there. How you got him for 7.5M or less, I'll never know. Your defence looks just a little suspect thought. But not too bad I dont think. icon14.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, is it me or has just about everyone bought Alberto Zapater on this challenge?? He's always been a good player but never seen him get this popular!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welshace:

right... all transfers have been completed, staff and players

pre season is well underway and we're looking good

heres my final first team:

06202008191030bl1.th.jpg

mate what leagues are you runnning or loaded players from?

Dayro Moreno, Ricardo jesus, Kivuvu, Arrieta are all new to me. i saw your screenshot of Jesus looks good. what about the others cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i play with huge database, loaded all english leagues only... and then loaded all players from

a lot of countries... mainly holland, scandanavia, and a few eastern european countries.. and argentina , mexico, brazil etc

jesus is from brazil but starts in moscow.. so his stats might not be random after all

kivuvu is a dutch lad.. good player, arrieta is argentinian.. found him in the under 21's national squad

im not at home right now but il be glad to post screenshots a bit later on... gonna start again when i get home, not happy with some of my transfers and i have a new tactic in mind.. came to me while i was bored at the gf's house watching the match

Archived