Another "team from scratch" challenge

End Of Season 2 Report

League

An unbeleivable unbeaten run of 36 games for London Utd in season 2 saw them win the Premier League for 2 seasons in a row. The run was finally ended by a 4-2 defeat at Anfield icon_frown.gif but a 19 point gap between London Utd and the closest team Arsenal quickly healed the loss lol.

League table

premtableseason2oy2.th.png

FA Cup

A tough route involving Newcastle and Chelsea lead to a final against Man Utd. London Utd took the lead through Gyan Asamoah until future London utd player Wayne Rooney levelled the score. Strikes from Gyan and Dentinho finished the resistance of Man Utd and London Utd were crowned champions.

League Cup / Champions League

The route to the League cup final was simple but a risilient Chelsea team proved to much for London Utd. A bitter dissapointment there...

But could London Utd gain success in the Champions League? Well, nearly as after a tough route The Entertainers were battered away to Inter 5-2 and despite their best efforts at home they were unable to win by 3 clear goals thanks to Julio Cesar's goalkeeping.

Manager Overview

season2overviewze9.th.png

Squad

season2squadoc3.th.png

As you can see my attacking players exploded this season...

Next season player transfers so far

In

Adriano 10m

Rooney 27m

Out

Zuiverloon 8.75m

Joe Cole 14m

Bring on Season 3..... icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by antfm08:

End Of Season 2 Report

League

An unbeleivable unbeaten run of 36 games for London Utd in season 2 saw them win the Premier League for 2 seasons in a row. The run was finally ended by a 4-2 defeat at Anfield icon_frown.gif but a 19 point gap between London Utd and the closest team Arsenal quickly healed the loss lol.

League table

premtableseason2oy2.th.png

FA Cup

A tough route involving Newcastle and Chelsea lead to a final against Man Utd. London Utd took the lead through Gyan Asamoah until future London utd player Wayne Rooney levelled the score. Strikes from Gyan and Dentinho finished the resistance of Man Utd and London Utd were crowned champions.

League Cup / Champions League

The route to the League cup final was simple but a risilient Chelsea team proved to much for London Utd. A bitter dissapointment there...

But could London Utd gain success in the Champions League? Well, nearly as after a tough route The Entertainers were battered away to Inter 5-2 and despite their best efforts at home they were unable to win by 3 clear goals thanks to Julio Cesar's goalkeeping.

Manager Overview

season2overviewze9.th.png

Squad

season2squadoc3.th.png

As you can see my attacking players exploded this season...

Next season player transfers so far

In

Adriano 10m

Rooney 27m

Out

Zuiverloon 8.75m

Joe Cole 14m

Bring on Season 3..... icon_biggrin.gif

Thats one big wage budget you got going there antfm08.

Mine is only sitting at £260k per week!

My top earner is Shorey at £48,500 pw though

Potemkin125

Wage budget is mainly due to making Dennis Bergkamp renew the players contracts. I got Thierry henry on 50k and was happy with it and then the next week bergkamp gave him 100k p/w.

And contract renewals...

Spector

I made my own tactic. It seems to work better when you use your own tactic as opposed to downloading one like kimz.

Does anyone know how I can improve that squad??

its not bergkamps fault.. its the teams massive rep thats the issue...

as is the fact that the players we have all bought are young and not world renowned as of yet... you''ll notice his ratings will go up year on year for the same players as their rep increases..

whoever you bring in as ass man will have this problem too

So far my transfers are looking like this:

IN

Adriano 10m

Rooney 27m

=37m

OUT

Zuiverloon 8.75m

Joe Cole 14.5m

Cattermole 10.5m

Amrabat 12m

=45.75m maybe 79.25m

Currently negotiating deals to sell Marcelo to Arsenal for 33.5m and to buy Armand Traore for 13.5m.

So If I've got this right and above deals go through I'll have 58.25m to spend when added on to a 30m budget.

SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF WRONG

End of Season Report:

CL: Lost in quarters to Sporting Lisbon

PL: 5th behind the big 4

FA Cup - 4th round lost to Spurs

LC: Won

The Board are not happy bunnies with my performance and the fans think my signings are awful (they are right there)

Wheels came off the trolley come March. I lost Ashton for the rest of the season and Fletcher went on a 12 hour non scoring streak.

I am a traditionalist and dont like using FMM or anything. I dont use the corner cheats either to defend or attack. As a result i lost loads at corners!

I found getting a tactic that suited very difficult indeed. I lost way too many goals and only had a handful of games where I kept a clean sheet. I reckon going with the young defence was a mistake in retrospect.

Tutors were a waste of time as the only link up that did not end in snotters and tears was Ashton/Saivet

Best Buy: Shorey - solid as a rock all season

Worst Signing: Valera - never played well at all

I am going to start again (this time I will cheat defend corners but not attack as I reckon the challenge is way too difficult enough without it) but stick to my fundamentalist principles on using editors etc

Wish me luck chaps.......

Bergkamp doesn't rate any of my team at all! The highest he has given anyone is two stars! Don't think I will let him loose on the wage negotiations to be honest

Nothing to do with Bergkamp tbh. Its because the club has a massive reputation. Even if you sign players like Luis Jimenez, Matias Fernandez at the start of the game, they wont be given more than 3 start I dont think. When I was testing it out, I got Barzagli and even he was only give 3 stars to start with and after a few games, he was given a 4. So I wouldnt worry about that part of it.

I'm thinking of getting rid of him he's effing useless lol. He don't rate most of my team...

I've just been offered the greece job should I take it and am I allowed to take it??

Yes, you can accept any international job. You CANNOT however use it to your advantage. For eg, you take over a particular country and then buy a player of that country. You then proceed to sell him for whatever money and 20M after 1 international appearance (which, its well know, is a flaw in the game and the AI usually takes the offer). That is not acceptable.

antfm08

seems like a very delicious attacking team you got there mate! icon14.gif

Henry

Guilherme (you did get him after all!)

Gyan Asamoah

Farfan

Riquelme

Ambrosini (very attacking DM)

Marcelo as DL is like having a ML/AML haha

potemkin125

good luck on you retry~ hope all the -9 players you bought turn out to be 180 PA icon_biggrin.gif

Second Attempt.

Principles:

No FMM/Genie Scout

Trying out this corner thing to see if I can stop every centre back in the premier league scoring against me

Playing principally 442 (the thought here being it may be familiar and the may gel quicker?) except against the big 4 where I will adopt Walter Smith's tried and tested 4141 to see if I can frustrate them!

First team Squad:

GK: Costil/Steele(Eng)/Molina(tutor)

Def: Fazio, Ignashevitch (overage), Stearman (Eng), Elliott(Eng), Sakho, Huntingdon(Eng), Papastathopolous, Shorey(Eng), Serghino(tutor)

Mid: Bolzoni, Zapater, Sankhare, Jones(Eng), Barnes(Eng(, Wright-Phillips(Eng), Sidwell(Eng)

Fwd: Saivet, Farfan, Briand, Savidan(overage)

Highest wage is Shorey's £46, 500

Cannon Fodder in reserves:

Delle, Gbemie, Garcia Calzada,Juli, Worrall, Wijnaldum, Rodney Sneider, Delfouneso, Waghorn

Still have £15 mill left to play with in jan tf window but I am going into first league game away at Fulham with the above.

No loan signing planned unless I get injury problems

On we go.......................

Ok, so after my first save getting corrupted, I've finally managed to get my first season underway again. Hope to have some time over the weekend to play a little. My transfers:

Transfers In

Dean Ashton - 11M

Alberto Zapater - 7M

Joe Hart - 7M

Amauri - 6.75M

Marcelo - 5.5M

Taye Taiwo - 5.25M

Antonio Barragan - 4.6M

Habib Bellaid - 4.5M

Thomas Vermaelen - 4.5M

Wes Brown - 4.3M

Steven Defour - 3.4M

Federico Fazio - 3M

Didier Digard - 2.5M

Alexandr Prudnikov - 2.3M

Joe Mattock - 2.2M

Aaron Ramsey - 2.1M

Tales - 2M

Matt Hill - 1.5M

Benoit Costil - 1M

Henri Lansbury - 975K

Bernardo - 950K

Younousse Sankhare - 900K

Joao Carlos - 875K

Henri Saivet - 650K

Georginio Wijnaldum - 600K

John Fleck - 600K

Aquino - 550K

Mamadou Sakho - 525K

John Bostock - 475K

Paride Bianco - 450K

Lubos Kalouda - 350K

Neymar - 325K

Nicolas Millan - 250K

Gerard da Silva - 240K

Marvin Angulo - 120K

Helder Barbosa - 120K

Gerson - 60K

Yuval Fogelman - 22K

Loic Abenzoar - 50% sell on

David Jones - Free

First-team Squad

GK - Hart, Costil, Foster

LB - Taiwo, Hill

RB - Brown, Barragan

CB - Vermaelen, Bellaid

CB - Fazio, Hill/Brown

DM - Zapater, Digard

CM - Defour, Jones

LM - Marcelo, Barbosa

RM - Barnes, Kalouda

ST - Amauri

ST - Ashton, Prudnikov

My main worry is my strike force. Amauri is on fire yet again for me with 9 goals in 5 games. Ashton is looking decent with 2 goals in 4 games. But 1 of those was a penalty. He's not getting into games much and thats a worrying sign. Prudnikov is not good enough to back him up tbh. I was trying to get Javier Chevanton in (I have no experience with him though). He was listed and Sevilla offered him to me for only 2.7M. But I tried to negotiate it to a little less and in the end, it didnt go through. Am gutted I couldnt get Tommasso Rocchi again. He was awesome for me in my first outing but couldnt get him unsettled again sadly. Instead, got Ashton unsettled and hence, cheap(ish).

Same was the case with Michael Johnson. Tried offering even 20M but they werent having it. Feel a little thin in the centre of the park. I could have got Michael Carrick for 11M but decided against it in the end. I had an endless debate with myself about signing another player here but in the end, decided not to and put my faith in Defour and Jones! But am hoping to offload Jones in Jan and bring in someone better. Someone with a little more guts than him.

Very happy with my defence however. Brown was listed for 4.3M and I though that was a bargain price. Decided against getting Danny Simpson this time. He was costing me 10M+ and also, I didnt have a good experience last time with him. Barragan looks good so far. Taiwo has started solidly without being spectacular. Expect more from him though. Hill is a solid defensive backup.

I've still got about 12M left and I'm hoping that by Jan, a few players will be on the transfer list that I can buy. Last time, Aquilani went on the transfer list for about 8-9M IIRC. Thought that was a bargain price for him but just didnt have any money to spend at that time sadly. I'm sure I would have got them down to 7.5M as well if I tried. Was gutted to see him make his way to Milan! So hoping for a similar quality player getting listed that I can snap up. icon_smile.gif

Season has started off well. Won 4 in 4 and sitting 1 point behind Man Utd but with a game in hand. Beat Chelsea 4-0 at home (silly bug!) and Liverpool 3-0 away. I've got Man Utd away next and Arsenal away as well all before the end of October! I figure thats good as I'd be done with the tougher teams relatively early. Beat Rangers in the Champions League qualifiers (what is with these tough games anyway?! Last time I had Valencia!). Now my group is Milan, Schalke and PSV. Its not too bad considering I got Madrid, Roma and Besiktas last time. Although both Schlake and PSV are tricky teams. But I should get through as long as my team doesnt make too many blunders and as long as Amauri stays fit.

Hoping to win alteast 2 trophies this season. icon_smile.gif

Just got a very hard group in CL in the 3RD season. Its got Valencia and Lyon who reahed cl semis last year in it and some other team who I cant remember.

Can anyone help me find the best team for a 442 formation out of these players in season 3?

Costil

Foster

Richards

Sakho

Steven taylor

Armand traore

Abdou razack traore

Guilherme

Gerrard

Riquelme

Ambrosini

Farfan

Gyan Asamoah

Adriano

Guilherme

Dentinho

Thierry Henry

Wayne Rooney

Saivet

I can't seperate the team I need help!

Hulk nice team but Ashton will annoy you lol

antfm08

GK

Costil and Foster will be good enough.

Defence

DL - Armand Traore

DC - Taylor

DC - Sakho

DR - Richards

Too many DLs actually. no cover for the DC/DR position? Maybe you can retrain Razack Traore or Guilherme to play in DR position to solve the problem.

Midfield

ML - Farfan/Saivet

MC - Ambrosini

MC - Gerrard/Guilherme

MR - Gyan Asamoah/Saivet

I suggest you mix around some of the forwards that can play in midfield here. Too much quality going upfront. IIRC Dentinho is pretty versatile so throw him here to get some actions.

Forward

FC - Rooney

ST - Adriano

Rooney gotta be starting no matter what. Adriano should be hitting his peak so he should start as well. Henry is getting on a bit by 3rd season.

I strongly suggest you get some defensive backup for the DR position. You can prolly ignore about the lack of DMC and just go crazy attacking in the midfield area since it has been successful for you icon14.gif

Started this game last night.

ive nearly got my squad completed im looking for another striker as i couldnt amauri unsettled and they wan £ 14 mil for him.

now im looking at Sobis they want £ 8.5 but hopefully i can negotiate and iaquinta at £ 9.5 mil.

won my first two friendlies icon_biggrin.gif

i have 14.47 mil left

just finished up my transfers 35 players totalling £ 97 million and the wages are £ 185 K per week

I didn't sign any players of 27+ so i have a very young squad

Transfers

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1879/transfers1dh3.jpg[/img]]transfers1dh3.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/2858/transfers2cw5.jpg[/img]]transfers2cw5.jpg

First team + tactic

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6251/1stteamtacticrc8.jpg[/img]]1stteamtacticrc8.jpg

Reserves

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1233/reserveteamto3.jpg[/img]]reserveteamto3.jpg

Im happy enough with the team i was trying to get players such as Miguel veloso and Neves but even though i had them unsetled Sporting or Fluminese wouldnt budgefrom thier original 10 million asking price hopefully i get better deals next year.

The pre-season was good i won all the games although they were against below avrage teams now i get my first real test vs Benfica in the champions league.

I have a funny feeling Fazio will end up as my top scorer.

i now have 900 K in my transfer fund after bringing in my 7 star coaching so hopefully my younger players will develop very fast.

Originally posted by croaker:

just finished up my transfers 35 players totalling £ 97 million and the wages are £ 185 K per week

I didn't sign any players of 27+ so i have a very young squad

Transfers

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

First team + tactic

1st team + tactic

Reserves

Reserves

Im happy enough with the team i was trying to get players such as Miguel veloso and Neves but even though i had them unsetled Sporting or Fluminese wouldnt budgefrom thier original 10 million asking price hopefully i get better deals next year.

The pre-season was good i won all the games although they were against below avrage teams now i get my first real test vs Benfica in the champions league.

i now have 900 K in my transfer fund after bringing in my 7 star coaching so hopefully my younger players will develop very fast.

Fixed

Originally posted by croaker:

Conrner glitch being used then...doesn't matter.

Your team is good and Rafael sobis looks a good buy but you cant call Benfica a test lol. They've got Adu. Did you see him come on against England. PA of 3 maybe.

Sherica

Cheers mate. Ill try your ideas. I know I'm short at right back but noone I buy seems to challenge Richards for the spot. Ill try retraining Guilherme.

Spector

Well done on winning all that. Any chance of you posting your squad. icon_smile.gif

Just a quick update on my game. Finally found a couple of hours to play and managed to progress to November first season. Doing well at the moment. Still in all competitions. Second in the premier league. Am just 1 point behind Man Utd and 1 point ahead of Arsenal. Liverpool is 4 point behind me in 3rd and Chelsea is 6 points behind me in 5th. So the title race looks interesting. Got a better goal difference than all of them.

The good news it that I've played all 4 of them already. Have played Man Utd and Arsenal away and have played Chelsea and Liverpool at home. Got beaten 3-1 by Man Utd (my only loss of the season so far) and drew 1-1 with Arsenal. Should have won that game but some poor finishing cost me. They had Hleb sent off in the 25th minute or so though. Chelsea and Liverpool were both easy victories.

Dean Ashton has been good for me. He's going a goal a game atm and scored both the goals in a 2-0 beating of AC Milan at the San Siro. Amauri has been great as usual getting 21 in 17. Others have chipped in with a few here and there.

The most pleasing thing so far was when I played Swindon in the League Cup. I got Prudnikov on as a second half substitute and he scored a hat-trick on debut icon_smile.gif! Hope he develops well enough so I can play him next season.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how pray tell have you got galvan and co in your reserves when they cant be transfered for at least a few seasons?

They can be mate. Says so in the rules. You can use FMM to get them to your club in season 1 if you wish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean you can edit ages? i know you can edit nationalities but second nationality doesnt make them transferable... or did i miss another rule?

you mean you can edit ages? i know you can edit nationalities but second nationality doesnt make them transferable... or did i miss another rule?

Yep, thats what I mean. I dont think its in my opening post tbh. But I did mention it in one of my posts on the thread. Thats the reason I guess you didnt know about it.

I figure that since one of the main points of this challenge is to nurture your own youth, you might as well get the youngsters who're not allowed to come to you before a certain age. One they hit 18 (the age where they are eligible to move to another country), its sometimes too late to train them properly. Especially if they're at a club with poor training facilities. So just edit the players age to 18, offer him the contract and when he's at your club, edit his age back to whatever it was. icon14.gif

B]SEASON 3[/b]

Transfer In

Giovani dos Santos from Barcelona - Free

Hugi Lioris from Nice - Free

Mads Laudrup from FC Kobenhavn - Free

Ignacio Camacho from Atl. Madrid - 2.7M

Micah Richards from Man City - 38M

Thierry Henry from Barcelona - 4M

Total 44.5M

Transfer Out

Alex - Free Transfer

Logan Bailly to Coventry - 5M

Thomas Vermaelen to Liverpool - 10M

James Vaughan to Sunderland - Loan

Mika Aaritalo to Anderlecht - Loan

Birkir Bjarnason to Anderlecht - Loan

Oier Olazabal to Anderlecht - Loan

Georginio Wijnaldum to FC Twente - Loan

Dayro Moreno to Atalanta - Loan

Mads Laudrup to Watford - Loan

Giovani dos Santos to Aston Villa - Loan

Género Zeefuik to Watford - Loan

Olexandr Gladkyi to Anderlecht - Loan

Sotiris Ninis to West Ham - Loan

Oscar Ustari to Reggina - Loan

Henri Lansbury to Reading - Loan

Henri Saivet to Marseille - Loan

Aaron Ramsey to MK Dons - Loan

Distel Zola to Recreativo - Loan

Danny Welbeck to Wigan - Loan

Total 15M

Community Shield

Lost 3-5 against Man Utd

League Cup

I was again knocked out of the League Cup against West Ham! 2 years in row did i lose against them after penalty but now in 4th round.

3rd Round: H Plymouth 2-0

4th Round: A West Ham 1-1 Penalty(3-2)

FA Cup

3rd Round: A Reading 4-0

4th Round: A Charlton 1-1 - H Charlton 2-0

5th Round: A Man City 3-3 - H Man City 3-1

6th Round: H Man Utd 5-3

Semi Final: N Blackburn 2-1

Final: N Portsmouth 4-1

Champions League

Group E

1st London Utd

2nd Barcelona

3rd FC Kobenhavn

4th Benfica

1st Knockout: A Real Madrid 0-1 - H Real Madrid 2-0

Qtrl Final: A AC Milan 1-1 - H AC Milan 3-1

Semi Final: A Man Utd 1-1 - H Man Utd 3-0

Final: N Inter 2-2 Penalty(4-2)

Champions League Dream Team

Premier League

August

H 1-0 vs Everton

A 3-1 vs Reading

H 2-0 vs Coventry

A 4-2 vs Sunderland

H 4-1 vs West Ham

A 2-0 vs Birmingham

September

A 2-2 vs Man Utd

H 2-2 vs Tottenham

H 3-0 vs Fulham

October

A 1-1 vs Liverpool

H 2-0 vs Blackburn

A 5-2 vs QPR

A 2-1 vs Portsmouth

November

H 6-1 vs Newcastle

A 4-3 vs Bolton

H 2-1 vs Aston Villa

December

A 5-0 vs Chelsea!!!!!

H 2-1 vs Man City

A 1-2 vs Arsenal

A 3-1 vs Everton

H 3-1 vs Reading

January

A 3-2 vs Coventry

H 2-2 vs Sunderland

H 3-1 vs Birmingham

A 2-0 vs West Ham

February

A 5-3 vs Fulham

A 4-1 vs Tottenham

March

H 6-0 vs Man Utd!!!!

A 3-1 vs Blackburn

H 2-1 vs Liverpool

H 5-2 vs QPR

H 2-1 vs Portsmouth

April

H 3-0 vs Bolton

A 3-0 vs Aston Villa

A 2-0 vs Newcastle

May

H 3-1 vs Chelsea

A 3-3 vs Man City

H 2-1 vs Arsenal

League Table

Team Of The Year

Player Stats

Squad

Starting XI

well I am a newcomer to this forum and wanted to start up a game with this database.

Unfortunately the filefront link is not working for me. Its giving an error saying not enough servers to download from or something on these lines

What should I do?

Spector

i asked hulk about the same question before and this was his answer..

quote:

is this allowed? just wondering...if my chairman sold one of the player for 25-30mils are we allowed to buy several players that exceed the 10mil and 7.5mil rule?

Nope, sorry. Just the one player that you can upto that 25-30M value. Otherwise, it'd become too easy again I think. But say for eg, you sell a player for 30M. In his place, you buy another player who costs you 20M. You CAN buy players with the 10M thats left over as long as they remain in the other rules set out.

Hope that clears it up.

This is what I've comprehend from his reply. regarding the age limit i assume you can sign the replacement player that are of any age. That is unless hulk forget to state that the replacement player must conform with the age limit as well.

if you are really worried about breaking the rules...maybe you wanna wait for hulk's reply. icon_smile.gif

Sorry guys. Was out all day!

Is it okay if i buy one player for 42M and one player for 27M because my chairman sold both dos Santos for 40M and Wallcott for 17M?

OK, if I'm honest, I hadnt thought of that when I made the rules. But like I've said before, the whole point of this challenge is to try players you havent tried before and more importantly, nurture your own talent. So its best that you try to bring through a youngster to take atleast one of those guys places.

I'll get one of the mods to edit this into the original post as some point. The wordings might not be the same but it'll esentially be like this:

(a) If only ONE player is sold by your chairman, you can buy another player instead without any salary restrictions. This is important so read carefully: The new players age must either be the same as the player sold by your chairman OR the new players age should fall under the original age limits. For eg: if the player sold by your chairman is 25 years old, then the replacement must either be (at the time of buying):

- exactly 25, or

- he must be 22 years of age or less, or

- he must be 27 years of age or more.

(b) If any additional players are sold by your chairman in the same transfer window, you are still allowed to buy another player with the above restrictions in mind. HOWEVER, this player MUST be an important first-teamer in your squad. **(See note below)

© If the additional players sold by your chairman are NOT important first-teamer's, then you can buy another player of the same value as the player is sold for and no more. (eg, if the chairman sells him for 20M, you can buy a replacement for 20M only). However, this players salary and age should fall under the original restrictions of 50K/week and 22 or under and 27 and over.

**NOTE: Regarding point (b) above, only YOU will know who your important first team players are and who're not. Its up to you to be true to yourself and ask if the player being sold is really an important player for you or not. If you want to lie to yourself, thats your wish really.

Also, I realise that sometimes if you put a playes value down in the "value" screen, the chairman sometimes just interferes and sells the player for that price. Again, thats really not being true to the game. So I'll leave that to your conscience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only just typed that out. If there's any contradicitions or mistakes in it, let me know and I'll correct it immediately (I will be online for a while now). Thanx. icon_smile.gif

So i can't buy Pato then? :/ Was looking forward to try this kid.. hehe

I think I need just 1-2 players for next season..

If Dos Santos got sold for 40M and Pato is available for 42M, then you can since you can spend 40M + 10M from Dos Santos being sold by your chairman.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of coming up with a list of players who I know are very common among people to buy. Thinking of banning all of them from being bought as I see a few people getting the likes of Dos Santos, Aguero etc. I really want people to get into this long term and not buy the same old players. Not sure about this though! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived