Another "team from scratch" challenge

Having problems finding good players for a strikers role as a very good backup to henry/asamoah.

They have to be 22 or under and ready to slot into first team. Please someone help...

People Ive Tried

Peter Crouch--Dont think I can get Liverpool to sell for a reasonable amount.

Micheal Owen--Newcastle are being pathetic

Robbie Keane--Too much

Agbonlahor--Does he get any good??

Ashton--West Ham want 30m cant unsettle...

B]Hulk I've been meaning to ask can it only be players who are English that the rules do not apply to or can it be players from the home nations ie Scotland, Wales etc???[/b]

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Squad

First Team

GK - Stuart Taylor, Benoit Costil

DR - Liam Rosenior, Marvin Angulo, Marvin Elliot

DL - Urby Emanuelson, Olivier Deschacht, Steven Warnock

DC - Federico Fazio, Thomas Vermaelen, Andre Bikey

CM - Derek Boateng, Alberto Zapater, David Jones

AM - Rene Mihelic, Ivan Rakitic, Giles Barnes, Leon Osman

ST - Salvador Cabanas, Dean Ashton, Ricardo Jesus, Jimmy Briand, Toto Tamuz

Reserves and Youth

Geoffrey Jourdren GK

Ben Foster GK

Jose San Roman FB

Adrien CM (On loan at C Palace)

Kwambena Agouda ST (On loan at C Palace)

Oier Olazabal GK

Ian Thornton GK (Regen)

Steve Ayres GK (Regen)

Matthieu Saunier D RC

Ashley Geddes DR (Regen)

Mamadou Sakho D LC

Tim Morris DL (Regen)

Jordan Spence DC

Caleb Thompson DC (Regen)

Klaus Ibsen DC (Regen)

Liam Collier DC (Regen)

Chris Martin DC (Regen)

Stelvio DM

Andy Cooper RM (Regen)

Aaron Ramsey CM

Micky Woods CM (Regen)

Philip Evans CM (Regen)

John Jones CM (Regen)

Georginio Wijnaldum AM RLC

Henri Saivet AM RL, FC

Danny Welbeck AM R, ST

Craig Marsh AM L (Regen)

John Fleck AM LC, FC

Aquino AM L, ST (On loan at Getafe)

John Bostock AM C

Miralem Pjanic AM C

Anthony Maguire ST (Regen)

Nathan Barry ST (Regen)

Adrian Pearson ST (Regen)

All that came to a total of £92.7 Million, with a total of 39 players (I think). Managed to get Palace as a feeder icon_smile.gif

Disappointing start to the league with a draw against Man City and defeats at Liverpool and Arsenal. Beat Valencia 2-0 at the Mestella and drew 3-3 at the Silent Valley to get through to the group stages where I face R Madrid, PSV and Lazio.

Haven't really got the players firing yet except Fazio who is brilliant at exploiting the corner glitch icon_wink.gif Ashton hasn't impressed, Briand has mainly been a sub, Jesus scored 1 in his only game and the same goes for Cabanas.

just downloaded the database and im gonna give it a go seenas i havent tryed anything like this before.

just wondering tho whats the best anyones done in there first season ? dosent have to be that you'v won so many trophys it could be a great buy or summut ??

Hulk I've been meaning to ask can it only be players who are English that the rules do not apply to or can it be players from the home nations ie Scotland, Wales etc???

Only English.

Ville Vallo

Good to see you're giving it a go mate. icon14.gif

lilford

Well Zapater and Marcelo are two must-buys really. You wont find better players in their positions for as cheap as you can get them. Also, Amauri, Rocchi and Fazio have been quality for me.

Make sure you sign atleast 2 quality strikers as you'll need them during the season. Badly.

fazio has been awsome for me as well.

looking around the transfer windo no in jan season 2. have sold piatti to newcastle for 12mil, sklijbred (sp) to utd for 15mil and barnetta is on his way to sunderland for 7mil.

brought in ashley young 13mil, leighton baines 8mil and have just had a 12mil bid for wallcot accepted.

looking around and there are some really quality players i can get for reasonably cheap like pique for 10mil or david luiz for 8mil. really gutting that you have to stay under the 7.5mil limit lol.

Abdou Razack Traore is a must buy and so is a good amc so Alex or Riquelme fit the bill nicely.

Anyway just played charity shield in season 2 and got beaten 2-1 by a very strong tottenham team icon_redface.gif They had bosingwa, di natale and others

Ville Valo

Yes, he does mate. That's why I put him in the squad in the first place. To make it a little easier. But if you want to make slightly tougher, then dont count him as a memeber of your first-team squad atleast in season 1. But like I said, the rule is that he DOES count as 1 of the English first-team squad players.

I have 10 players on internation duty for Olympics. Wtf can I do about this Hulk??

Lol. Nothing I'm afraid. You'll need to find options from your reserves. I guess you're exempt from Rule 11 though.

If you bought tutors, play them as some of them should be good enough to do a job for a few games.

If you have reserves like Aquino, Wijnaldum, Sankhare etc, they usually look decent after 1 season or they might be able to help out.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Barkers

Go to page 1 and re-read rule © of season 2 and beyond. I'm guessing you're going to enjoy that. icon_smile.gif

ok then, so becuase i sold a player for 12mil and 15 mil i can buy 2 players for those values as long as they comply with the other rules regarding age etc.

sweet.

Just looked and Dentinho and Guilherme (lb) are also on duty. So that makes 12 first team players on duty. Oh dear I'm gonna get battered at the begining of the season. Will post screenies of transfers when window ends.

Haven't signed any tutors lol, I'll look for some.

Nearing end of season 2 a couple of great results.

Down to 10 Zapater sent off away to Portsmouth switch to a Kimz/Liquid attack tactic Result 4-1 win.

Followed by away to MU 1st leg ECC Kimz/xtree tactic 5-0.

season 2 transfers all sewn up.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/season2transfers-1.jpg

with the 30mil original budget plus the 43.5mil i made on selling players the actual amount i could spend was 73.5mil so i came in just under budget.

have strenghtend with a few more english players as you can see. signed henry as my additonal over 27 player to replace amauri. used the high transfer fees recived for piatti and skjekbred to allow the 11mil transfers of henry and pique.

pretty happy.

My signings

season2transfersis5.th.png

Team is looking strong but look at these....

Signing Rivals have made-

Man Utd- according to finances 647m in loan debt

wat a load of BS

Aimar

Diego

Ben Arfa

Van Nistelrooy

Arsenal-

Guardado

Montolivo

Chelsea-

Barnes

Maxi Rodriguez

Modric

Liverpool-

Klose

Pandev

Season look a lot harder now. Cannot find any faults with Arsenal or Man Utd. Anyone noticed how good John Obi is in 2nd season??

My 6 English players are:

- Ben Foster

- Steven Taylor

- Ryan Taylor

- Giles Barnes

- Stewart Downing

- David Bentley

My two 27+ signings:

- Kakha Kaladze

- Liedson

First Team Squad

GK - Neuer (£7 mill), Foster, Molina (Free), Costil (£1mill)

LB - Kaladze (£8.5 mill) Eduardo (£1.5 mill)

RB - R.Taylor (£7 mill)

CB - S. Taylor (£13.25 mill), Bellaid (£4.5 mill), Fazio (£4 mill)

CM - Veloso (£7mill icon_smile.gif ), Zapater (£7 mill icon_smile.gif ), Jones, Savage (Tutor)

RM - Bentley (£12 mill), Barnes

LM - Downing (£14 mill), Marcelo (£5.5 mill)

ST - Liedson (£2 mill), Bojan (Loan), Stancu (£725k)

Reserve Team Squad

Will post later icon_smile.gif

im going off now but id just like to say dean ashot has now got 38 goals in 46 games and i playing like a demon. just got a hattrick against chelseas to get me to the fa cup final again and scored 4 ahinst man city a couple of games ago icon_smile.gif

Yeah it is Barkers lol

Ashton with 38 goals this is his golden season lol if I were you I'd sell ASAP at the end of the season as his value will rocket. Lol Chelsea are making offers of 30m for Agbonlahor who won't move from Villa lol.

Anyway Henry is currently on fire with 4 assists and 2 goals in 2 games. Olympics just ended so should get all my players back soon. Its my luck that must of my players inded up playing up till the final icon_frown.gif.

Don't buy Zuiverloon or Ryan Taylor anyone as both are useless. Right back position is troubling me alot and I only have a 2m budget icon_frown.gif so may have to wait until next season...

I finally got the season finished and it went so much better than expected icon_biggrin.gif so I thought I'd give an season round-up. I usually play a few seasons with a team that has potential, but not teams that already have great squads which meant I was so very close to achieving my best season if it wasn't for a penalty shoot out.

The League

I won the league, mainly due to the fact we only got four draws. We scored 99 goals which was very good but conceded 44 which is...less good. Had a big long streak of about 20 games unbeaten but all good things come to an end.

League Table

The Champions League

Ah...the illusive CL. I've only played in this once before and lost so I set out with a point to prove here. I actually lost 3 and drew one but tbh the team wasn't good enough to win them games so it was very strategical, because the other teams have so much more quality than my thin team. The away games I lost 3-0 against Valencia in the group stage, 2-3 against Barca (won the first leg 1-0 and I will say this was definitely the most challenging tie of the entire season, other than Man Utd), 1-2 against Milan (won the first leg 2-0, so they needed four to win) and drew with Ajax 1-1. Keeping the good teams from getting an away goal was absolute paramount. It was also a very good season for English football it was an all English final and the English teams to get knocked out were knocked out by other English teams. This one made me so happy since it's the first time I've won the CL icon_smile.gif.

CL Tree

The League Cup

Not really much to say. Didn't come up against any of the big four until the final (Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa were the other biggest teams to play against). Played Arsenal in the final and drew 3-3, won on penalties. The tree is too big to post.

The FA Cup

The team was far from invincible but I wanted to get the perfect season and it was so close. I have to say Man Utd on this game are a very very difficult side to play against at times. Rooney had 34 goals in the league which put him way way out above 2nd place (I think Amauri) and third place. In the league I conceded six goals at Old Trafford so knew it would be a very difficult final against them. I was happy to get their though, beating a few decent sides such as Liverpool. The game was 3-3 with Marcelo, Farfan and Amauri scoring. Unfortunately this went all the way and we ended up losing 4 goals to 2 on a penalty shoot out but united have a lot of good players who can take penalties.

Unfortunately Miranda missed this game and the CL final with torn ligaments which is a shame because Silva seems to lack concentration and awareness in games (despite the fact his stats would say otherwise...) although he scores goals and Felipe plays like an absolute donkey and even though he has high PA I want to sell him. Even when the fans were on my back I stuck it out and gave him a few games to make sure he was up to speed and he still gives goals away. We lost 3-2 to Middlesbrough at the end of the season and the donkey gave the ball away in the penalty area (AGAIN) to give away our point. It's been very fun so far just wish the fans were a bit more appreciative ^_^.

Just had a 14 match winning streak cruelly ended by a 5-2 defeat by barcelona icon_frown.gif I was equal to them ffs but it just shows the difference in class between our teams. I don't think any of our team have any real chance of beating all of the strong teams in the game. ie barca, milan,inter,arsenal etc

used the high transfer fees recived for piatti and skjekbred to allow the 11mil transfers of henry and pique.

is this allowed? just wondering...if my chairman sold one of the player for 25-30mils are we allowed to buy several players that exceed the 10mil and 7.5mil rule?

is this allowed? just wondering...if my chairman sold one of the player for 25-30mils are we allowed to buy several players that exceed the 10mil and 7.5mil rule?

Nope, sorry. Just the one player that you can upto that 25-30M value. Otherwise, it'd become too easy again I think. But say for eg, you sell a player for 30M. In his place, you buy another player who costs you 20M. You CAN buy players with the 10M thats left over as long as they remain in the other rules set out.

Hope that clears it up.

duka08

Cheers mate. Good to have another user trying the challenge. icon_smile.gif

Zellix

I dont think you can mate. Not when you make the initial offer anyway. Not sure, but I think the option opens up if you negotiate. You can definitely make it public if the other team bids on one of your players though.

DaREdEVIL

Neuer - Becomes world-class.

Samassa - No, he's not. Not close to being worth that I dont think.

Originally posted by Ville Valo:

- Ben Foster

- Steven Taylor

- Ryan Taylor

- Giles Barnes

- Stewart Downing

- David Bentley

My two 27+ signings:

- Kakha Kaladze

- Liedson

First Team Squad

RB - R.Taylor (£7 mill)

CM - Veloso (£7mill icon_smile.gif ), Zapater (£7 mill icon_smile.gif ), Jones, Savage (Tutor)

Reserve Team Squad

how the hell did you get veloso for 7 mil and liedson for 2 mil?!

Okay thanks. I did this correct right - my chairman accepted a 25m bid so I can spend 25m + 10m on a player.

Yep. That is correct. Advise you to a screenshot of that though (where the chairman intervenes) and save it on your computer so that if somebody happens to challenge you later, you can show it. icon14.gif

Originally posted by welshace:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ville Valo:

- Ben Foster

- Steven Taylor

- Ryan Taylor

- Giles Barnes

- Stewart Downing

- David Bentley

My two 27+ signings:

- Kakha Kaladze

- Liedson

First Team Squad

RB - R.Taylor (£7 mill)

Reserve Team Squad

how the hell did you get veloso for 7 mil and liedson for 2 mil?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea tbh, I scouted them and that's what their values came up as. icon_smile.gif

how am i not top after 11 games in prem.

9 wins

2 draws

and Im a points behind leaders Man Utd.....

Frustating or what icon_mad.gif

My next 4 prem fixtures are

Arsenal at emirates got a 1-1 draw betner scored for them in the 7th minute of stoppage time.

Chelsea away

Liverpool

then Man Utd

still doing rubbish in Champions league tho I've got 3 points after 3 games against another hard group in

Barcalona

HSV

Sporting Cp

London Utd

Archived