Another "team from scratch" challenge

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zellix

No, I dont think CB's vary from game to game. But yes, obviously if they fit into the way you play or more importantly the instructions you've given them, they'll behave differently. And yes, I also noticed Miranda gets quite a few many shots in atleast from open play. Scored a 2-3 screamers for me too. But his lapses in defence are difficult to handle.

Jamie543

Firstly, your team is bigger than Marcelo. If he doesnt fit into your tactic, then thats too bad tbh. As long as your team wins, it shouldnt matter.

Secondly, I have played Marcelo in Kimz's tactic before in another save and he did fine for me tbh. Yes, its not a position he can play apparantely and yes, he'll have the odd game where he doesnt do a damn thing. But he still does a good job there. Try him. If he doesnt work, put him out. You could also try to play him as the left DM. Should work as he can then get crosses in. I used to play some winger (who I cant remember atm) there and he fine for me.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

- Can someone suggest some decent old MC's/AMC's for tutoring purposes? Should be cheap ofcourse. Should have good determination (above 15) and atleast 2-3 PPM's as well.

- Has anyone tried Ricardo Oliveira? Any good? Worth 7M?

you can try Riquelme or Alex from Fenerbahce.. But i have never tried Oliveira..

Thanx yet again mate. All quality suggestions:

Van Bommel - at Marseille and they want 15M!!

Ze Roberto - good suggestion. Cheap although he's only got 1 PPM. Will defo try to get him though.

Del Piero - Thought of him but I got him once before as a tutor and I couldnt get him to tutor anyone except strikers sadly. And I dont need a tutor for my ST's! Also, they want 2M for him.

Nedved - He's a git! One of my all time favourite players and he's out of contract at Juve. He's not even got plans to retire just yet. Yet, when I offer him a contract even as a key player, he's got "no interest" in joining!! icon_frown.gif

Anyway, I found two players for anyone who might want to get some - Alvaro Recoba and Juan Sebastien Veron. Veron is costing me 1.5M or something though.

Good ideas hulk but none will join xD

Not having any fun getting signings for second season effing annoying.

Just bought Zuiverloon for 7m and sold Ryan taylor for 4.9m to newcastle. So RB position is solved hopefully icon_biggrin.gif

Trying to get Henry for 10m but struggling also Klose's value is around 7m so might be able to lure him don't know tho. icon13.gif

May try Lee Catermole as Boro got relegated and his value is now 2.2m. Miguel Veloso looks amazing but not sure if he'll join for 7.5m.

Hulk

Riquelme cost me 9m but does he have to be old Rakitic is brilliant for me. Rosicky could be good for you. Totti, Perrotta or Guilherme maybe.

Damn second season is alot harder. Rules make it impossible fgs. Oh well much more fun reenergised fm for me.

Thanx yet again mate. All quality suggestions:

Van Bommel - at Marseille and they want 15M!!

Ze Roberto - good suggestion. Cheap although he's only got 1 PPM. Will defo try to get him though.

Del Piero - Thought of him but I got him once before as a tutor and I couldnt get him to tutor anyone except strikers sadly. And I dont need a tutor for my ST's! Also, they want 2M for him.

Nedved - He's a git! One of my all time favourite players and he's out of contract at Juve. He's not even got plans to retire just yet. Yet, when I offer him a contract even as a key player, he's got "no interest" in joining!! icon_frown.gif

Anyway, I found two players for anyone who might want to get some - Alvaro Recoba and Juan Sebastien Veron. Veron is costing me 1.5M or something though.

Is it okey if i try to get 2-3 30+ just for tudoring? I have now 3 27+ players in my team, Alex, Arsahavin and Riquelme..

antfm08

None of those players will join you?? Really? Lupoli? Surely, he'll come. I dunno whats going on if they dont want to come tbh.

Henry - hard to get him under 10M in season 2 sadly. Try in Jan. Possible then. Season 3, you'll land him for like 6M I think.

Klose - no chance. Forget him.

Cattermole - yep, got him. And also Andrew Taylor. They got relegated on mine too. Got Lee for 3.4M and Taylor for 3.5M. icon_smile.gif

Rakitic - good lord! I cant believe I forgot him. I can get him cheap but I've got sooo many players in that position. Lansbury, Kroos, Amrabat, Defour, Wilshere and a few regens! I'm done buying kids for now I think. I'm only targeting players who can slot into my first team.

Totti - he's in my sights for next season. He's still very expensive in season 2 but usually available for under 1M in season 3.

Perrotta - 10M they want. Not happening.

Guilhereme - The Cruzeiro one? Too expensive and he's at Fiorentina now. icon_smile.gif

Not going to forget about klose yet as Bayern negotiations are going well ie Klose is unsettled and I've had a bid of 10m accepted for Henry but wages are proving stumbling block icon13.gif.

Trust me Rakitic can slot into the position.

You got the wrong Taylor you need Steven Taylor strong defensively, scores goals and so far a good captain.

Lupoli probably would come but I want an established older striker because I have lots of young people also.

How much do you have to spend?

Henry - you wont get him to accept wages below 50K anyway. Think you can forget him mate.

Klose - hard to believe you'll get him for under 10M in season 2. Wages might be a problem again.

Rakitic - Nahh. My youngsters are doing fine.

S. Taylor - had him plenty of times before and imo is the best English CB (bar Terry & Ferdinand). But they want too much for him and I want to try players I've not had much before anyway.

Currently, I have 30M+ left to spend. Thinking of blowing it all on Micah Richards atm. Bolton want bloody 10.5M for Meite!! And they're not budging! ARGHH! icon_mad.gif

I have a slight feeling I might lose this game icon_razz.gif.

Clicky

What team talk should I use for an away game in Europe in this situation do you reckon? I ask because I'm not very successful playing abroad. Moral is excellent generally, just one or two exceptions. Most players on 7 a few on 6 and Marvin Elliot on eight. As it happens because of injuries I don't have another right back on the bench.

Henry is on 50k for the next 2 years which is unbeleivable very happy.

I blew 23m on Richards and is very good, scores goals,fast, strong and good defensively.

Just finished Cattermole deal bringing me up to 25.5m

Hulk I'm a little bit confused about this...

I sold Ryan taylor for 4.9m and I have 4.5m left to spend in budget so does that mean I have 9.4m to spend??

If the odds were slightly in favour of Barca, then use "you can win this game" with disappointing to players on a 6 (except for youngsters who've not played much this season). If you were favourites to just win this game, then disappointing to the team and disappointing to all 6's as well. If any on 5, then angry and sub him.

If you're bringing on any sub, say "you have faith" to him.

I sold Ryan taylor for 4.9m and I have 4.5m left to spend in budget so does that mean I have 9.4m to spend??

I dont how your transfers are done but:

- You are allowed to have a 50M TRANSFER BUDGET in the season.

- Any more money you make from players, you're also allowed to spend that same amount.

So if you're spend a total of 50M so far on transfers this season and you've sold Taylor for 4.9M, you can spend 4.9M more.

Please note: As stated, these rules apply to season 2 and beyond. They are in addition to the ones posted above

(A) You are only allowed to spend £30M per season to reinforce your squad from season 2 onwards regardless of what budget you are handed. This figure does NOT include any money made from player sales. That is, you can buy new players for £30M + money made from player sales.

Thanks.[/b]

30m it is unless its changed

You made me understand selling players but then confused me even more lol. Dont know who to sign now though..

I think maybe another ST for under 5m and a Defender for 5m or under then I'm all done unless Chelsea finally make an offer for Barnes.

They did in my last save and they offered 14m so a bit confident.

Im off now tho need sleep xD

Well I watched all 90 + 4 minutes in the game guiding the team through it the best I could. The final result Here

The two goals were scored and secured up to about the 80th minute when god mode pretty much turned on. The crazy thing is you look at my players like Amauri, Diogo (got a whole half), Skjelbred played, Nolan, Barry Robson played, Stuart Taylor, Marvin Elliot, etc and you can clearly see that Barcelona is in a completely different league to us, yet the fans are very disappointed about the defeat and on the summary page since I have no other bad points that result is there now. I mean with them players, or in fact even if Chelsea or Man United lost at the Camp Nou by that score I don't think it'd be a big deal especially since them guys would carry a home advantage. Really disappointing to sit their battling out for nearly over 1 and a half hours for the fans to be narked by that result.

Thats a good result mate.

The reason why the fans are disappointed is because of the club reputation. The game is extremely flawed when it comes to that. Because your clubs rep is the highest in the world, you're expected to beat near enough every team in the world. Hence, the fans are disappointed. If you put the reputation down to say 6500 or something and then play Barcelona and get that result, you'll get a full bar I'm sure. I've tried this before and I know thats how it works. They dont care what kind of players you have. Thats got no bearing on the fans reaction what-so-ever. Pretty ridiculous imo.

I just realised that end of season 2, Dos Santos is available on a free transfer. I would seriously advise people NOT to buy him. It beats the whole point of the game imo as everyone knows that he turns out quality without trying much. I'm not putting it in as a rule though. Its very much optional. Especially if you've had him on other saves before, dont get him. I definitely wont. Not even for sell on purposes. I'm actually using FMM to extend his Barca contract.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I sold Ryan taylor for 4.9m and I have 4.5m left to spend in budget so does that mean I have 9.4m to spend??

- Any more money you make from players, you're also allowed to spend that same amount.

So if you're spend a total of 50M so far on transfers this season and you've sold Taylor for 4.9M, you can spend 4.9M more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT?! 50M?! icon_biggrin.gif I thought it was only 30M for season 2.. hehehe

Originally posted by Spector:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I sold Ryan taylor for 4.9m and I have 4.5m left to spend in budget so does that mean I have 9.4m to spend??

So if you're spend a total of 50M so far on transfers this season and you've sold Taylor for 4.9M, you can spend 4.9M more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT?! 50M?! icon_biggrin.gif I thought it was only 30M for season 2.. hehehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh sorry i forgot to refresh this site =)

god why is it so hard to beat Aston Villa on this game went down 1-0 to them in the 16th min and only scored in 86th to draw and then in the 92nd to win 23 shots taken 11 on target they had 8 shots 2 on target :S 1 of the coders must support villa

Jamie543

Villa players have abundance stamina/energy/work rate. they have very fast ST like Young and Abaglaghor(sp) so don't count them out until the final whistle!

as for Arsenal...they are near impossible to beat with Adebayor and co. they are just ridiculously good in attacking.

as for me im very unlucky as well...

League Cup im up against Arsenal

FA Cup im up against Chelsea

talk about luck zzz!

the only lucky thing is that i have got Palermo in the 1st knockout stage of CL and hopefully i can knock them out >.>

First team squad: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Ben Foster - Free

<LI>Manuel Neuer - £6m.

<LI>Federico Fazio - £3.2m.

<LI>Christian Panucci - £2.4m.

<LI>Liam Rosenior - £3.8m.

<LI>Felipe - £5.25m.

<LI>Marcelo - £5.5m

<LI>Marouane Fellaini - £1.3m

<LI>Giles Barnes - Free

<LI>Jefferson Farfan - £7m.

<LI>Stewart Downing - £11m.

<LI>Alessandro Del Piero - £10m.

<LI>John Bostock - £475k.

<LI>Ivan Rakitic - £3.6m.

<LI>Sergej Barbarez - £1m.

<LI>Amauri - £7m.

Youth/reserve team squad:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Mamadou Sakho - £425k.

<LI>Eduardo - £1.2m.

<LI>Didier Digard - £2.7m.

<LI>Marvin Angulo - £400k

<LI>Ramires - £1.2m

<LI>Henri Saivet - £2.2m

<LI>Pablo Piatti - £1.6m

<LI>Carlos Villanueva - £2.7m

<LI>Freddy Adu - £7.25m

<LI>Christian Maidana - £4.2m

<LI>Miralem Pjanic - £400k

<LI>Per Ciljan Skjelbred - £1.2m

<LI>Diogo - £3.7m

<LI>Bogdan Stancu - £700k

Tutors:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Christian Panucci

<LI>Sergej Barbarez

Just about to play my first league game.

approaching christmas in the second season and it going pretty well. 4th in the league 4 points behind man utd. havnt lost yet though, won 7 drawn 6!

2nd in cl league group but need a result against either ajax or barcelona in the next two games to deffo qualify.

on the player front Ashton has been superb this season. 19 goals from 20 apperances. have been playing him as a lone striker with noble behind him "in the pocket".

only major transfer was m johnson at 14mil and a couple of regens. have arranged deals for ashley young and leighton bains in jan for 13mil and 8mil each. sold piatti to newcastle for 12mil to bump my 30mil budget up a bit.

Barkers you seem to be the only person that Aston will score for so far.

Just bought Joe Cole for 11m to fill gap of Giles Barnes. Got 20m for another striker/defender has anyone got any ideas. They must be english or under 22.

My current starting 11

gk --Costil/Foster

rb --Zuiverloon/Richards

cb --Richards/Sakho

cb --Steven Taylor ©

lb --Marcelo

dm --Ambrosini/Cattermole

lw --Razack Traore/Joe Cole

rw --Farfan

amc--Riquelme/Rakitic/Tales

st --Gyan Asamoah/Amrabet

st --Thierry Henry