Sports Interactive Community
Goldy

FMO Help! All you ever needed to know but were too afraid to ask! So no need to post anywhere else!

Is there a trick to getting my team to play with my saved tactics? The game advanced but didn't use the current tactics and I'm curious as to why. Can anyone help with this as I'm new to online play. Thanks!

Hello. 

I have a problem with online... I've been meaning to get an achievement that consists in inviting a friend to a network game, but can't seem to find any invite button ingame. Inviting through steam somehow won't get me the achievement.

Can anybody throw some light on how to do this? 

Thanks in advance.

My friend and I are having this weird bug where every time he loads our network save I'm unable to see it the first time. He quits out and loads the save again and it appears in my games list. We've tried all sorts, with me being online first, me quitting out and restarting etc. but that's the only way we get it to work. It used to just happen every now and again but it's every single time we go to start playing now. Anyone else having the same issue or any suggestions for a fix?

Id probably say 8MB to make sure it's as smooth as possible. The higher the better. 

New user here so hoping this is the right place to ask from some help.......

Me and a friend are trying (to no avail) to start an online game together, initially i loaded the game set the whole platform up, named the server, saved the game and after hours of trying he couldn't find my server name i set up. Naturally we then tried the same thing with him setting the game up but same result, i couldn't find his server!

Are we following the set-up process properly, is there something glaringly obvious we are missing? I have looked everywhere and cannot find anywhere a manual/guide to setting up an online game.

Hoping somebody can help, look forward to your responses....

KH29

I've been playing FM for some years and decided to try online for the first time with FM19. I'm not understanding how it works. I joined a game and start doing tactics for my team and then get kicked off or I exit the game and get on later and can't find the league. Is there some sort of basic guide somewhere. I saw the one for FM08 on another thread but it didn't feel applicable. Thanks.

On 05/04/2019 at 20:12, lemmieincoach said:

I've been playing FM for some years and decided to try online for the first time with FM19. I'm not understanding how it works. I joined a game and start doing tactics for my team and then get kicked off or I exit the game and get on later and can't find the league. Is there some sort of basic guide somewhere. I saw the one for FM08 on another thread but it didn't feel applicable. Thanks.

1. if you get kicked it means the person hosting the game has booted you for taking too long

2. when you come back on and cant find it that means the host isnt online 

3. If they are silly enough to have a public save rather than one with a password, the game wont last

Posted (edited)

Hey Leute, ich habe eine einfache Frage zu Football Manager, muss jeder der das Spiel  online spielen möchte das Spiel auch kaufen? ich bin neu hier und ich möchte gerne online spielen mit Freunden und wollte das mal los werden.

Edited by Rex90
Falsch übertragen

I'm trying to play an online game with my friend. I have FM19 through steam and he has FM19 via Xbox gamepass for PC. When either one of us tries to set up or join a new online game, we can't find the server. Is this because we are accessing FM19 via different platforms (steam/Xbox for PC?)

TIA

On 02/04/2019 at 18:04, Healy29 said:

New user here so hoping this is the right place to ask from some help.......

Me and a friend are trying (to no avail) to start an online game together, initially i loaded the game set the whole platform up, named the server, saved the game and after hours of trying he couldn't find my server name i set up. Naturally we then tried the same thing with him setting the game up but same result, i couldn't find his server!

Are we following the set-up process properly, is there something glaringly obvious we are missing? I have looked everywhere and cannot find anywhere a manual/guide to setting up an online game.

Hoping somebody can help, look forward to your responses....

KH29

Hey, did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue! Thanks.

Think this maybe an issue within your set up as I’ve seen loads of games online. Make sure you’ve ticked the online game in the preferences menu.