Sports Interactive Community
Goldy

FMO Help! All you ever needed to know but were too afraid to ask! So no need to post anywhere else!

I started a network game with my brother and after his internet disconnected (whilst he was in the middle of a game) I took control of his team... so then I was controlling his and my team... now i don't know how to lose control of his team (after every time I load our game I'm still in control of his team)...my brother can not join our game, but he can't take control of his team because I'm in control of it... the main problem is that I've set up the server, so I can not just quit and let him take control of his team before me...can anyone help???? This really is a ridiculous problem to have... after all the problems I've already had with this game crashing, this is making me want to get a full refund. This game has caused more stress than joy so far.... Any help would be much appreciated.

You have to take control of his team and pull up the 'go on holiday' option and then disconnect from the game. Then when you reload his team's status should say on holiday or disconnected.

I've done this but my friend can't see my game under the steam servers when I make one, and vice-versa.

I also can't see any available games listed under the servers at all....

That is weird as I have just clicked on 'Join Online Game' and clicked search and found loads.

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone could help/advise me on how u fix the crash dumps problem I'm host of written in the stars clan with 7 people joining my game but we have had a few issues with crash dumps just appearing out of the blue I have tried putting auto save on a weekly basis and deleting the file from my documents but this didn't seem to work so I changed auto save to a daily basis and as well as deleting the crash dumps file I've also verified my files via steam before reloading when they did happen it was when auto save was on a weekly basis we r fine to save it on a daily basis but as u can imagine this does then make the game slow. Any advice would be great

Thanks

Me and a friend started fm14 today. Good speed no issues there. The proble occurs when we start to have fixtures. We seem to have them on different days and times even thou i as a server have checked the box for move games to wednesday and sunday. Is it a big or are we doing something wrong? Thanx!

Me and a friend started fm14 today. Good speed no issues there. The proble occurs when we start to have fixtures. We seem to have them on different days and times even thou i as a server have checked the box for move games to wednesday and sunday. Is it a big or are we doing something wrong? Thanx!

got to be honest I've never experienced it, unless it was unticked.

have you pre-edited the db beforehand as I wonder if that might have some bearing on it.

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone could help/advise me on how u fix the crash dumps problem I'm host of written in the stars clan with 7 people joining my game but we have had a few issues with crash dumps just appearing out of the blue I have tried putting auto save on a weekly basis and deleting the file from my documents but this didn't seem to work so I changed auto save to a daily basis and as well as deleting the crash dumps file I've also verified my files via steam before reloading when they did happen it was when auto save was on a weekly basis we r fine to save it on a daily basis but as u can imagine this does then make the game slow. Any advice would be great

Thanks

the key to avoiding CD is stability, obviously I don't know how you run your game, but if ur members are coming n going as they please, then nip in thr bud as we found ppl just jumping in causes it.

a smaller DB so theres less information to process helps if your with more than 20k players and your pc rating on FM is under 4.5stars then already imo your system under pressure.

one last thing we found those connected via wifi tend to get CD more than most or with old systems, but you need your players to believe its not a witch hunt so they own up.

can anyone help me? I want to create an online game so my friends can play with me. Do I need to install Hamachi? When are games played etc?

can anyone help me? I want to create an online game so my friends can play with me. Do I need to install Hamachi? When are games played etc?

Hamachi bah, get rid of that crap, plus theres no need for it.

to start an on-line game from scratch

click on 'New Online Game' then choose what you prefer Football Manager (full game) or Football Manager Classic

then name your server and add in password, set your setting in the processing and then do the same in Matches.

choose nations and database, imo unless you have a top end spec PC its pointless loading up more than 2 nations and going over 10,000 players, also bear in mind the player DB grows as the game gets older, more you start with the slower the game becomes the further down the line.

plus you might find you want to add/remove leagues to suit needs.

once its up and running give your friends the server name and password, althou friends on steam will be able to find you quicker.

if its a current game you have already started, just load up the save in question and click on FM>Preferences>Online Game Preferences

in the general box tick 'Allow anyone to join your game' but I recommend you shove a password on 1st or strange and wonderful people will just log in and take control of teams, who will prob last about 2mins then leave never to be seen again!!

if any of your friends can't find you or are unable to log into your game then must reboot steam and 'verify intergrity of game cache' in steam

if they do that and still can't log in then you should reboot steam and ''verify intergrity of game cache'

I have a query

i've started an online game, and the other day one of the other players logged in on my computer, so it now appears on game status as if I am controlling 2 teams.

How can I remove control of his team, so he can rejoin on his own computer?

Thanks

I have a query

i've started an online game, and the other day one of the other players logged in on my computer, so it now appears on game status as if I am controlling 2 teams.

How can I remove control of his team, so he can rejoin on his own computer?

Thanks

set holiday and tick disconnect from server, then have your friend ready to jump in.

Me and a friend have been playing online together for well over a decade.

This is the first year I can remember where whoever isn't hosting has to double click on things or during the match the highlights lag pretty bad.

any ideas? we both have high speed internet, faster than last year now actually. both have good gaming pcs as well.

That said, we're used to connecting to IP, didn't see that this year so we did the whole internet host thing. Might be why?

My friend is hosting a game and we were done playing, we saved/exited the game. Now we want to resume our save game, how does he do this? I can't see him on the server list when he uses the Load Game option?

My friend is hosting a game and we were done playing, we saved/exited the game. Now we want to resume our save game, how does he do this? I can't see him on the server list when he uses the Load Game option?

go into FM>preferences>Online Game Preferences then click 'Allow anyone to join your game'

Hey guys,

A friend and i have been playing FM Online on FM 14 and just finished our first season. We go to return to the game tonight and suddenly it's not appearing on the online games list at all. My mate is the host.

I've never had any trouble finding it before, any ideas?

1st up made sure he's actually ticked the box to host the game, as if hes started a new game (single) he's probably un-ticked it.

Me and a friend have been playing online together for well over a decade.

This is the first year I can remember where whoever isn't hosting has to double click on things or during the match the highlights lag pretty bad.

any ideas? we both have high speed internet, faster than last year now actually. both have good gaming pcs as well.

That said, we're used to connecting to IP, didn't see that this year so we did the whole internet host thing. Might be why?

Nothing for me?

Jase it might be worth double checking your internet suppliers equipment, if you both have faster internet speeds and good gaming PC and I gather its just the two of you playing, then I can't see why you two should be experiencing any lag

you still do connect to the IP address (old method) its just steam kinda masks it with the name of the game.

do you share your internet with others or play over wifi, as the wifi players in the EUC do suffer with some lag.

we had one player suffering really bad with lag, turns out someone in his house was DL stuff while playing the xbox and he was on wifi with a laptop that was as old as the hills.

Jase it might be worth double checking your internet suppliers equipment, if you both have faster internet speeds and good gaming PC and I gather its just the two of you playing, then I can't see why you two should be experiencing any lag

you still do connect to the IP address (old method) its just steam kinda masks it with the name of the game.

do you share your internet with others or play over wifi, as the wifi players in the EUC do suffer with some lag.

we had one player suffering really bad with lag, turns out someone in his house was DL stuff while playing the xbox and he was on wifi with a laptop that was as old as the hills.

I just have broadband at home with wifi ability for my devices through my router. There are 3 computers and 1 xbox, but nothing super fast ever going and all the PCs are pretty new. The most being run is someone running Call of Duty while I play FM. Nobody is into massive torrents or anything like that. I've done speed tests while others have been playing the PC/Xbox and and it shows pretty much full download and upload speed.

He is the one that has been hosting thus far. Is the hosts connection the one that would decide on the lag that I'm seeing?

I just have broadband at home with wifi ability for my devices through my router. There are 3 computers and 1 xbox, but nothing super fast ever going and all the PCs are pretty new. The most being run is someone running Call of Duty while I play FM. Nobody is into massive torrents or anything like that. I've done speed tests while others have been playing the PC/Xbox and and it shows pretty much full download and upload speed.

He is the one that has been hosting thus far. Is the hosts connection the one that would decide on the lag that I'm seeing?

try this bud

Anti-virus and firewall software may falsely see Steam or FM14 as a thread and restrict the connectivity of your online game.

To configure your anti-virus/firewall software to safely run Steam and FM14 in a network game, see here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2198-AGHC-7226

try this bud

Anti-virus and firewall software may falsely see Steam or FM14 as a thread and restrict the connectivity of your online game.

To configure your anti-virus/firewall software to safely run Steam and FM14 in a network game, see here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2198-AGHC-7226

Not Found

The requested URL /kb_...2198-AGHC-7226 was not found on this server

I have Norton 360 though

And never had a problem with previous versions or other games.

Hi, all. This is stupid. I'm afraid to ask. Here goes: I'm hosting a network game with a buddy who got booted in the middle of a match. I took control of his manager, and now I want to know how, or if, he can take control again. Are we both screwed?

You take control of his team and then put him on holiday and then disconnect from the game and the next tim you play his status should be set to on holiday or not connected.

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before....

Is there a way of doing the following:

Running a PC with FM on it as a server, which just sits there 24/7 etc as a host, never actually has FM driectly played off it. Then connect in via 2 laptops over the web and play a network game?

My main quesiton is I assume we would need 3 FM licenses to do that? I.e you cannot run 2x FM's from 1 steam account I guess. Its myself and a friend - we both have legal copies of FM and want to play but with a more solid server than our laptops.

yes you can but you'll need instant access to it though in case of a crash dump etc.

not 100% sure about the 2nd with FM14 but you could with older versions.

just a case of logging in and playing fm with steam set to offline.

Apologies if this has been asked already but me and a couple of mates are playing an online game, however the host has logged on tonight and is in control of all the teams and i cant control my team, any ideas?

The host has to set you to 'on holiday' and then disconnect you from the game and on return to the game your status should be set to 'on holiday' or 'not connected'.

sorry if I'm in the wrong place/ if this has already been asked but both me and my brother have our own FM14 discs on our laptops on different steam accounts but our internet is pretty crap, I was just wondering if its possible to play each other offline by connecting the laptops or something, again sorry im in the wrong place with this question.

sorry if I'm in the wrong place/ if this has already been asked but both me and my brother have our own FM14 discs on our laptops on different steam accounts but our internet is pretty crap, I was just wondering if its possible to play each other offline by connecting the laptops or something, again sorry im in the wrong place with this question.

Yes you can play together "offline" or "online".

With "offline" play as you´re intending you need to make sure you are either connected directly to each other or that you are in the same network, for example via a router.

Then you should be able to play against each other without a problem!

me and my brother share the same steam account as we dont need 2 copies in the same house is there a way we can play online together used to work on fm 12

Guessing this is the best place for this...

My brother and I are trying to start a new network game. Using an edited db that has worked in the past, has had a minor alteration made to it (two teams swapped round in terms of division), works as a single player save. When the host puts the game up everything looks fine for them but not the user connecting.

When the user connecting tries to add a manager the page after the manager information (team selection) is more or less blank and no teams are selectable. If the user then goes back a screen to the manager information and then to the team selection again it looks okay but only teams from the top division are selectable. The second tier/division can't be selected (greyed out).

We went back to the old version of the edited database that worked before but the same thing happens. The last time we tried a network game was before the last update. Has something happened to network game stability?

I did have a quick search but couldn't find much on it, but it is quite specific I suppose.

I'm playing an online game with a friend and I quit my job after many poor results. Obviously, the game goes on and in the search for a new job I 'Go On Holiday'. I've had set the holiday settings as Apply for All Jobs and return upon job offer.

My question is, what exactly does the Disconnect from Network game tick-box actually do? And upon offer, if I have ticked the disconnect box, how would I then going about accepting the job interview/offer or is that not what it's for?

My question is why the hell is fm14 impossible online?! i have never seen so many player mistakes in my life, let alone ridiculous game play action! nothing from single player works online, i hate to say it, but im offski, have got every version of fm ever made but i wont be buying another one, it's gone downhill rapidly, disappointed

That's funny as we have a few online games up and running and seem to be working fine. Yeah there are a few problems but it does not seem to be stopping those games running and they've played a few seasons or so.

Bye. :)

Guessing this is the best place for this...

My brother and I are trying to start a new network game. Using an edited db that has worked in the past, has had a minor alteration made to it (two teams swapped round in terms of division), works as a single player save. When the host puts the game up everything looks fine for them but not the user connecting.

When the user connecting tries to add a manager the page after the manager information (team selection) is more or less blank and no teams are selectable. If the user then goes back a screen to the manager information and then to the team selection again it looks okay but only teams from the top division are selectable. The second tier/division can't be selected (greyed out).

We went back to the old version of the edited database that worked before but the same thing happens. The last time we tried a network game was before the last update. Has something happened to network game stability?

when using a edited DB you increase the likelihood of stuff like this happening, ditch it and play the game with no edits.

My question is why the hell is fm14 impossible online?! i have never seen so many player mistakes in my life, let alone ridiculous game play action! nothing from single player works online, i hate to say it, but im offski, have got every version of fm ever made but i wont be buying another one, it's gone downhill rapidly, disappointed

am guessing your new to FMO and the penny hasn't dropped yet?

I did have a quick search but couldn't find much on it, but it is quite specific I suppose.

I'm playing an online game with a friend and I quit my job after many poor results. Obviously, the game goes on and in the search for a new job I 'Go On Holiday'. I've had set the holiday settings as Apply for All Jobs and return upon job offer.

My question is, what exactly does the Disconnect from Network game tick-box actually do? And upon offer, if I have ticked the disconnect box, how would I then going about accepting the job interview/offer or is that not what it's for?

we've found if you holiday in the game you have virtually no chance of a getting a job, best bet is to stay in and grin and bear it!!!

Guys, it possible to change host in a network game? And if so how do we go about it?
Don't know, but seems to be unlikely to me.. The host is virtually hosting the game right? So that means the save game is only saved on his computer...

Does an online game has a different gaming experience than a normal game? Is it restricted? and why would that be?

It's just the same as a solo game except you are playing against others who will be bidding for the same players etc as you normally would.

Also depending on how many players are playing it will be a bit slower moving day to day.

Guys, it possible to change host in a network game? And if so how do we go about it?

yes just have the current host hand over the current save to the new host in waiting.

It's just the same as a solo game except you are playing against others who will be bidding for the same players etc as you normally would.

Also depending on how many players are playing it will be a bit slower moving day to day.

But if I play with one friend (with both decent internet speeds (30mb/s downl or more, 10 mb/s upload) why is the game so tremendously low sometimes?

But if I play with one friend (with both decent internet speeds (30mb/s downl or more, 10 mb/s upload) why is the game so tremendously low sometimes?

slow I meant

Yes you can. Whoever is hosting at the moment just needs to send the file to the person who is going to host. www.mega.co.nz is easy to use

Could be a number of reasons such as number of leagues, size of database, playing with an unwired connection I have heard makes the game run slower, computer specs, its run through steam servers which might be exceptionally busy when you are playing.

Really is a case of trial and error.

Is there an online game i could start or join? I personally am i hardcore gamer and have played for a long time on the football manager series (best game ever!)

First,sorry my English.İt's not my first language.

I and my friends play online but we don't play match.We're just watching.Assistant managers change tactic,change player,do team talk.I don't know why does this happen.How can we fix it?