Sports Interactive Community
Goldy

FMO Help! All you ever needed to know but were too afraid to ask! So no need to post anywhere else!

Playing online depend on internet speed. Use Hamachi as it will help you and the friend you play with alot :)

I would advise against Hamachi as you can port forward pretty easily therefore neglecting the need for another piece of software running at the same time as FM.

I thought 5mb would of been enough to stop random disconnects, or is it just a problem related to all online games. :(

It relate to online games, I have got 50mb and other end of guys playing on my server still disconnect randomly.

Yeah it relates to the upload speed and reliabiity of your internet connection as well playing games online without a dedicated server.

Hello,

I started a networkgame with my mate last night, but it was damn slow. So I did some 'research' and I found out Hamachi (I don't know what kind of program to use otherwise, as I'm behind a big freckin' router that I have no influence on) and my virus scanner and some other programs were in a list that must be turned off or even uninstalled for a proper speed in your networkgame. Isn't there another way to get passed all of this, I just want to play, and have fun. Sure, my internetspeed isn't the best, but it wasn't a problem on FM11,10 or 9. Please help me, as I am close to getting desperate :(

FM12 Cant See Host Computer In LAN network ... my friends and i use a router (not one thats connected to the net) to play FM over an LAN. it always worked fine on other FM's but we are trying to start a game in FM12 and when we try to join network game nothing is showing up. we even tried doing it by entering the ip of host computer but no joy. help please , very frustrating

hi i need some help, iv always played football manager against my mate using the ip addresses, everytime we do this on 2012 it comes up cantconnect to server, im the host and amwondering how he can connectto me, any help much appreciated

Hey, I can't connect to a network game. All it keeps saying is 'Unable to connect to server'. Other people have been able to connect, just I can't.

I've allowed FM12 through my Norton firewall but still can't play.

I've joined and hosted network games before on FM11 but now I can't.

I'm now at Uni so I'm thinking that's what's stopping me from connecting. But do you have any possible solutions? And is it to do with my uni's firewall/ports?

Thanks.

hi i need some help, iv always played football manager against my mate using the ip addresses, everytime we do this on 2012 it comes up cantconnect to server, im the host and amwondering how he can connectto me, any help much appreciated

You will need to forward your ports for hosting FM. Use www.portforward.com to help you with it.

Think it probably has something to do with your uni firewalls, security etc.

That's what I thought. :(

Think it probably has something to do with your uni firewalls, security etc.

I'm having the same probably. Strange though because I can play games like Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress but not Football manager on line.

Is there no way to gain your own private server even if this means playing for it? the lag is infuriating we have tried so many different hosts! Just wish Si would look at this :(

Twitter updates/Social Network options not working correctly

Currently having issues with the twitter updates on FM2012, I am currently playing an online save with a friend of mine (He is the host) and whenever something major happens in game, His progress is rightly updated via Twitter, But here's the issue his progress is also being tweeted on my account as well and none of my progress from my own team is being updated on my account! My Social Network settings are all set-up correctly as they should.

Offline however everything works as it should.

I know this may not be a big issue to most but it's a nice feature to keep track of what you've done in game and all you're friends/followers who have a keen interest can keep track.

i have just bought the football manager 2012 and am trying to set up a network game with my bro. we both only have a mobile broadband internet connection so not sure if it will work with this? when we tried to set up a network game we just get a message saying unable to connect to server. Any ideas?

Thanks Andy H. Is it just the host that has to forward the port or both?
As far as i know it's just the host that has to forward ports.

StevenHibs - I would post this issue in the bugs forum as that should not be happening.

Already posted it in a few places, not evening getting a decent response, does anyone have any idea?

I've just tried setting up a network game as host but other people can't join, as i've never done this before are there any online guides to opening ports and which ports to open?

Twitter updates/Social Network options not working correctly

Currently having issues with the twitter updates on FM2012, I am currently playing an online save with a friend of mine (He is the host) and whenever something major happens in game, His progress is rightly updated via Twitter, But here's the issue his progress is also being tweeted on my account as well and none of my progress from my own team is being updated on my account! My Social Network settings are all set-up correctly as they should.

Offline however everything works as it should.

I know this may not be a big issue to most but it's a nice feature to keep track of what you've done in game and all you're friends/followers who have a keen interest can keep track.

sadly that feature couldn't be tested during the beta testing for obvious reasons...it has been rised. (1st noticed in Fm11)

best place to report this is in the bugs thread, like you I would love it to work for fellow players in my online game.

hi everyone,

we play fm12 lan network game on hamachi with my cousin and we're playin turkish league. even though I click to ''use wednesday and saturday match days...'' we always play the matches in different days.

is it just a bug for our load game or am I doing sthg wrong?

thanks

hey guys tryed to start a net game fm11 my mate cant connect "unable to connect to server been a;; trough the thread entered the didgets it comes to the port checker cannot ping router :/ any ideas using a EchoLife HG521

used the portforward selected the router of mine selected fm11 i enter the first set of

Interface:

TCP/UDP

Remote Host:?

External Start Port:3478

External End Port:3480

Internal Host:?

Internal Port:3478

after filling in this it states another page of setting should apper and the external start end and internal port change to 2700 2750 respectivly

thanks in advance

Select FM06 as for some reason when you select FM11 it tells you to open the wrong ports. The ports for FM are 10093 and 10094.

Actually its the router IP on your game status screen not necessarily the router IP. :)

Check your game status screen and make sure they match.

Sorry now I have no idea what you are talking about.

You loaded up your network game then it minimised to unable to start server??? Did you tick run as server???

Did you disconnect your first router then connected to the net with a netgear router?

You've set two extra inbound??

Hi guys,

Started a network game with two friends the other day, Bayern Munich, Inter and Man U. We have 'use Saturday and Wednesday matches' ticked so we get to play on the same day, but my fixtures with Inter are usually on at 20:45......which means I have to wait while the lads play there Prem and Bundesliga games at 3!!! This was never the case in 2010 or 2011 etc...we can't think of any setting we're missing as it's pretty simple what you get to choose in 'network settings'. Anyone got any idea how to fix it so we all play at the same time?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Started a network game with two friends the other day, Bayern Munich, Inter and Man U. We have 'use Saturday and Wednesday matches' ticked so we get to play on the same day, but my fixtures with Inter are usually on at 20:45......which means I have to wait while the lads play there Prem and Bundesliga games at 3!!! This was never the case in 2010 or 2011 etc...we can't think of any setting we're missing as it's pretty simple what you get to choose in 'network settings'. Anyone got any idea how to fix it so we all play at the same time?

Thanks.

I believe you have 'use real fixtures' ticked bud.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/DG834G/Football_Manager_2006.htm

follow this atm had the ports open just could not ping the router

the lan server i.p is 192.168.x.x but the football manager one diffrent :confused:

when you forward the ports make sure the last figure in the 192.168.x.x is selected when forwarding (best to note what FM shows you in the status page) iif it says 192.168.1.6 make sure its no6 you forward.

once you do this and have it working ditch hamachi (pretty pointless having extra software running when your route does the job)

hi everyone,

we play fm12 lan network game on hamachi with my cousin and we're playin turkish league. even though I click to ''use wednesday and saturday match days...'' we always play the matches in different days.

is it just a bug for our load game or am I doing sthg wrong?

thanks

doube check the 'use real fixtures' is unticked