Sports Interactive Community
Goldy

FMO Help! All you ever needed to know but were too afraid to ask! So no need to post anywhere else!

Hey Guys,

A few of us are trying to get an online game going? Now i'm hosting and one lad has no problems joining the game and getting his manager, where as another lad comes up his steam name in the game but then he says it keeps freezing and won't let him do anything and he then has to press crt + alt + delete to close it down. Does anyone know why this might be happening and how we could try and solve this problem?

Many Thanks

Hi, wondering can you help. Just started a spanish network game, however the games all play at different times and it takes ages to get through game weeks as we each play at different times. I have tried clicking move games to saturday and wednesday but it doesn't seem to work?

Any help would be fantastic.

if its set now to Sat & Wed...rename your save and holiday to Aug of the next season....if it resets magic carry on with your game (on original save), if that fails and you really want Sat & Wed best re-starting dude.

just wondering if he's on a good machine or is he playing over wifi?

My PC is quite powerfull when considuring FM16 requirments i5 4690 3.5 ghz 8 gbs of ram GTX 550 TI,and nope I switched to cable few months ago so its not internet related.

Hi

I never played this online, and I was talking about it with some friends from work, but we didn't want to waste a lot of time waiting for the game processing every day of the week, other matches, news, etc.

What is the versus mode?

Is there a way we can make the online game move faster and just focus on our games?

This is a very basic question I know but I'm really at a loss with the online mode.

set to small database, tick Sat & Wed games only, run as few leagues as possible, ask everyone to remove there subscriptions (best doing it monthly as you will pick up one or two)

go into preferences > interface and select continue game timeout, with the drop down menu select instant

in online game preferences

tick 'Have fewer stops & allow the game to'

set browsing to 5 seconds.....that should ensure you fly pass each day till someone has a match....

set 'pre-match after' to 5mins and 'in-match after' to 3mins (you can really set your own times but I recommend you start with those times till you suss out if its too short or long.

oh save on the Sunday, as your game won't be so easy to stop but at least after the main matches it will save and you can just close the game on the Monday for your next session, so nothing gets lost.

main snag with this is applying for jobs or trying to sign players.

My PC is quite powerfull when considuring FM16 requirments i5 4690 3.5 ghz 8 gbs of ram GTX 550 TI,and nope I switched to cable few months ago so its not internet related.

tbh those specs are above average, so yeah you should be ok, but its about gathering as much info as possible, as its hard to offer any advice when you don't have all the facts.

we had one lad with 2mb BB and he struggled, constantly getting booted etc, he's since upgraded to 50mb and now cruises thru the game.

I'm playing an online game with my friend. He's the host. Every time he hosts, whether I start in FM or not, I can't find the game. I restart FM, makes no difference, not showing. He has to restart his FM and re-host and then I will find it, every single time. is there a way to avoid going through him having to host twice before I can see the game each time?

Playing an online in house game with my boy and the game just come up with FM is running out of memory space and then quit. I've done a little bit of editing - adding ourselves to our teams and changing balances etc. But thats it. Any reason why its done that? We have to start again now.

Historically when FM is played online even in the house it does not like edited databases and causes problems such as this I am afraid.

so i started an online game with friends as the host, we all came off and now when i load the game its just me and they cannot access it. some help on this would be great

make sure you have selected 'Allow anyone to join your game' FM>Preferences>Online Game Preferences

Hello folks.

Im thinking of getting some sort of FMO game started up but first of all i would like to ask the community what kind of internet specifications do you need/prefer in order to run a succesful game?

I have a DL speed of about 30-35Mbps and an upload speed of around 10Mbps,although that relatively means nothing to me,hence why im asking here.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hello folks.

Im thinking of getting some sort of FMO game started up but first of all i would like to ask the community what kind of internet specifications do you need/prefer in order to run a succesful game?

I have a DL speed of about 30-35Mbps and an upload speed of around 10Mbps,although that relatively means nothing to me,hence why im asking here.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

your speeds are fine, just a case of keeping the game as simple as possible...no facepacks etc ;) a pointless add on when playing online.

keep ur nation/leagues simple, you want at least 4.5 stars in computer performance and est game speed....stick to 6-8 players.

i set a min requirement for PC and BBspeed, as I've had too many players with such old machines and cheap BB, as these players will be consistently dropping in and out of ur game or suffering the dreaded spinning ball, in all slowing down the game.

your speeds are fine, just a case of keeping the game as simple as possible...no facepacks etc ;) a pointless add on when playing online.

keep ur nation/leagues simple, you want at least 4.5 stars in computer performance and est game speed....stick to 6-8 players.

i set a min requirement for PC and BBspeed, as I've had too many players with such old machines and cheap BB, as these players will be consistently dropping in and out of ur game or suffering the dreaded spinning ball, in all slowing down the game.

Setup wise in-game what is the ideal setup for i.e nation selecting and player DB size(s).As ive heard,dunno if its true or not that its significantly diffrent in comparison to "offline" games for some reason or another.

I go to "Join Online" game and there is only one Fantasy Draft mode game.

There is only this one game availiable or i dont understand something?

I dont have a friend who plays manager or many friends in steam.

EDIT

Ok i ve found it. Check what you want and press search.

But then i join a game and i am the only one that doesnt have a "team name"

Pressing continue (as the only option) and nothing heppens. Just "waiting".

I can see all the others "playing"

But to me playing is watching the "game status" screen.

Hi,

Recently been trying to play FMT 16 with my mate online. For some reason we're unable to do so. Can find the game, click join, enter password, wait for a while and then the manager/connections number goes up but still stuck on the joining screen. However, works fine playing locally (in the same room), where it goes straight into the game and runs normally. Both of us using laptops. Is this usual for it to work LAN but not online?

Thanks!

The games are listed in the firewall exemptions. And wouldn't that prevent us seeing the game in the first place? Can see it, just not join. Thanks for the reply though!

Will try a reinstall on both computers. Maybe the licensing fix we installed previously has caused incompatibilities?

Edit - I have worked out that i can not joina ny server, locked or unlocked, it does the same routine.

I could join my friends server/s. However now i type the password in, it pops up saying joining online game but then the pop up goes. the connections goes up by one indicating im in the game.

But it does not take me into the server, game or any menus to pick teams or whatever. So i click on the join server button gain and it states unable to connect to sever.

I have cleared the cache and also un-installed the game on my computer and steam and reinstalled it. Still it does not work, the weirdest thing is that my other friends can join the server however i can not. And i know i am snot banned.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thank you

Still no luck with default files. Seems to be the same problem Lemon has. Perplexing and very annoying!

Guys I forgot to put a password on my game server, now someone entered my server and created a player with password,

How can i kick this player out of my online game on FM2016?

Guys I forgot to put a password on my game server, now someone entered my server and created a player with password,

How can i kick this player out of my online game on FM2016?

Take control of the players profile using - sportsinteractive as the password and then retire him.

Hello. I just created a FM online game, but my friend cant find it. It happens the same if he creates the online game.

How can I solve this problem?

Hello. I just created a FM online game, but my friend cant find it. It happens the same if he creates the online game.

How can I solve this problem?

make sure in steam your download regions are exactly the same. and you both have "allow anyone to join" in online game preferences

Hello,

I'm struggling to see if the game I'd like to set up is possible so any help would be much appreciated. Is there any way to play online remotely with someone but not have to be online simultaneously? Essentially we'd like to hot seat from different locations as we're both busy and would love to just be able to each take our turn whenever suits and only have to be online at the same time when our teams meet.

On 10/08/2016 at 11:50, Davebaxter1989 said:

Hello,

I'm struggling to see if the game I'd like to set up is possible so any help would be much appreciated. Is there any way to play online remotely with someone but not have to be online simultaneously? Essentially we'd like to hot seat from different locations as we're both busy and would love to just be able to each take our turn whenever suits and only have to be online at the same time when our teams meet.

No thats not possible,players must be online at the same time.

Hi, I'm trying to invite a friend to fantasy draft mode but not getting a response when I press the button - does the other person need to be not in career mode for me to invite?

How do you get past the club creation screen in Fantasy Draft? I have created all the jerseys, uploaded my own logo and it is showing, named my team (no team has my name and I've even tried gibberish) yet nothing I do will unlock the grayed out 'Next-Coaching Style' button. 

10 hours ago, tarzanofmars said:

How do you get past the club creation screen in Fantasy Draft? I have created all the jerseys, uploaded my own logo and it is showing, named my team (no team has my name and I've even tried gibberish) yet nothing I do will unlock the grayed out 'Next-Coaching Style' button. 

Came across this myself a few times pal 1 day it will work fine then the next it dont move passed as you said you put in gibberish well snap.I would say i get passed it 2 out of 5 times but i dont do anything diffrent guess it must be a bug. 

Edited by scooter28

On FM16 it was not possible to watch replay's of goals on network games. I was really hoping that this problem was solved on FM17. Sad to realize that the bug is still there. Both me and my friend have chosen to see replay's but not possible.

On 05/11/2016 at 13:28, Navarone said:

On FM16 it was not possible to watch replay's of goals on network games. I was really hoping that this problem was solved on FM17. Sad to realize that the bug is still there. Both me and my friend have chosen to see replay's but not possible.

Strange thats worked fine in games i have played and i have played alot pal.Not sure if the host can turn it off and on while setting the game up maybe check that incase they have clicked it off by mistake 

Hi, perhaps someone with a bit of knowledge about how the "export" process works can help me here?

Some friends and I play against each other using the Versus mode which is now in the separated FM Touch game, rather than full fat FM. To do this, we create our teams in full fat FM, then use the "export team for versus competition" feature.

I was playing a friendly earlier when I noticed my DLP(D) was not dropping into defence as he had been when I used him in full fat FM, given that he has the "comes deep to get ball" PPM. I checked his information and attributes and sure enough, his PPM's had changed to 'None'. The same rang true for other players I checked as well.

So my question is simple, is this part of the export process? Do PPM's not carry over when you export teams?

Also, I'm not able to edit opposition instructions in Versus mode in FMT17. Is this by design, or have I missed the option to enable them?

I have one question about online gaming,

Is have any differents when playing online and offline ?

I playing same save with Arsenal offline and with my mate on line. He playing with Chelsea.  When we playing online a iam terrible. I cant win home tams like SToke WBA. Poor perfomance and players looking terible. when playing with Arsenal offline with same players and transfers made i playing how i want and can winning against team like WBA stoke. We are creating most saves online and always i was terrible butt when playing offline i playing very well. I have feeling that one of as game give to playing very well and one must been terrible.

On 11/6/2016 at 20:52, scooter28 said:

Strange thats worked fine in games i have played and i have played alot pal.Not sure if the host can turn it off and on while setting the game up maybe check that incase they have clicked it off by mistake 

You can watch replay`s  playing a network game you are saying?  Im the host for this game and everything looks fine except no replay`s for me and my friend. Everything works fine playing solo.

Edited by Navarone

4 hours ago, Navarone said:

You can watch replay`s  playing a network game you are saying?  Im the host for this game and everything looks fine except no replay`s for me and my friend. Everything works fine playing solo.

Yes i have alwas been able to watch replays on my clan game i dont do it myself but 1 of our members used to do it and i would be saying turn it off as it slowed the game down :D

20 hours ago, scooter28 said:

Yes i have alwas been able to watch replays on my clan game i dont do it myself but 1 of our members used to do it and i would be saying turn it off as it slowed the game down :D

I did this as another user did before me and the replay's were back:

"Found a way around the problem. In preference, don't select "goal" replay but select something else and it should work."

Hello guys, I know its a little vague.....but.....me and a mate enjoy playing 2 player network games. Never had a problem until the latest update.....and now it frees on the leagues in focus page and kick me out all the time........any known problems with the update at all?

no advice offered, maybe I was too vague. We both have bought new gaming computers and the game is really fast once we are on a screen, but we are getting some random errors,anyone seen these before?

1. Game still freezes for a long time on the leagues in focus page.

2. Twice, the game has jumped a day or 2 and gone straight to match without offering either of us the chance to pick a side.

3. When joining, it takes a good 5 minutes plus from when I put the password in to when I join.

im using a Lenovo y700 with i7 6700hq processor, 8gig ddr4 ram, 255 ssd and 1tb hard drive (unused so far). My internet is through sky and has a 40mbps download and 10mbps upload. Ta

On 15/01/2017 at 10:06, chestermike said:

anyone????

Wrong Thread dude - You  want the Network Bugs section...

Hello,

When I want to join a server from a mate, everything works. I can find it and join it. But then Im stuck on the home screen, he has a team but I can't pick one? I can only press continue, but nothing changes. What can we do?

Get him to check the team selections settings on  the Game Status Screen - He may have de-selected certain teams in error :

http://prntscr.com/fci7zl

When I want to join a server from a mate, everything works. I can find it and join it. But then Im stuck on the home screen, he has a team but I can't pick one? I can only press continue, but nothing changes. What can we do?

Maybe continue, and then you can pick a team ?

Have you tried the other way . You being  server and him joining.

when i play online against a friend of mine sometimes at half time or even at the beginnig we lost control of our teams to assistant coach

We are 5 ppl playing a online game and a problem accrued during the first transfer window. Team A has made a bid for player X. Player X is not on any of Team B's scouting lists. But Team B can still go to Team A's Transfer Centre and see Player X. This applies for all other teams as well. We have turned off the possibility to follow other players. If Team A has found a good cheap player all the other teams can see this player as well, without doing any scouting work. We are all dishonest players, so promising not to go to others players Transfer Centre does not work. Are there any solutions to our problem?

Me and my friend logged into a new online career.

I just added only 1 league and we started. Player amount was 6k. And i get 5 star computer speed

But if one of us trying do contract, after pushing the resume/before match etc. game has been too much delay and freezing. in the singleplayer we havent this problem. We cant play online. Our ethernet connections not bad. We can play all other games in the real time sync but in this game when we started; we cant do any transfer or contract because game freezing and delaying (sorry for my bad england lol)