Sports Interactive Community
Goldy

FMO Help! All you ever needed to know but were too afraid to ask! So no need to post anywhere else!

For all the Steam troubleshooting tips we've been perpetually directed towards, do both the host and the client have to make the changes to the ports, etc.? I'm the host, and more technically inclined than the guest (my brother), so I've done all I can on my end. Does he need to do the same? It has to be said, he never had to do ANYTHING for FM 12, which ran really smoothly.

If I could get a satisfactory answer as to why the guest matches run like treacle I could troubleshoot it myself. Any ideas? Both our networks are really fast by the way.

New issue. Friend and I started a network game playing together as separate teams on my laptop... we now want to change it so he can take over his profile via his mac without needing to add new manager and retire his profile etc from the laptop. Any ideas you good people?

New issue. Friend and I started a network game playing together as separate teams on my laptop... we now want to change it so he can take over his profile via his mac without needing to add new manager and retire his profile etc from the laptop. Any ideas you good people?

Fixed. Had to put him on holiday and disconnect the user from the laptop on my network... then allow his connected profile via the game status screen to be an administrator. This in turn allowed 'take control' to be clicked and the problem was solved.

I couldn't understand how would i create FM career game in network mode .. i managed to crate versus mode how would i set up careeer game any help would be aprreciated

Is there anyway on here that fellow board readers could share steam names and play against each other in versus mode, like a little SI board league or just users casually playing against each other on a one off basis. I'm not sure the ins-and-outs of forum rules so delete if this infringes it

Most of my friends are Fifa players and I really am the only one who has Fm

I'm assuming we still haven't got a good answer as to why the host's matches make online play unplayable? The notion that my brother and myself can play Halo 4 across XBox Live with next to no lag or slowdown makes a mockery of the notion that there is something inherently wrong with our respective home networks. FM 13 is very good—heck they all usually are—however I am losing patience with this version (and will continue to do so) until Online Mode is playable. I bought the game for the online component and that alone. Essentially I have an unfinished product installed on my machine that I haven't played since the first week I bought the game. We've done all the fixes and then some to no avail. I'd really appreciate a concrete answer, but an admission of guilt would do for now. I repeat, the game in its current form is essentially unplayable.

Is there anyway on here that fellow board readers could share steam names and play against each other in versus mode, like a little SI board league or just users casually playing against each other on a one off basis. I'm not sure the ins-and-outs of forum rules so delete if this infringes it

Most of my friends are Fifa players and I really am the only one who has Fm

We have a player listings thread for you to add your details to that includes steam names and then you can get it touch with other users in the thread to organise versus mode games, big clan games or one on one online games anything you like.

I'm assuming we still haven't got a good answer as to why the host's matches make online play unplayable? The notion that my brother and myself can play Halo 4 across XBox Live with next to no lag or slowdown makes a mockery of the notion that there is something inherently wrong with our respective home networks. FM 13 is very good—heck they all usually are—however I am losing patience with this version (and will continue to do so) until Online Mode is playable. I bought the game for the online component and that alone. Essentially I have an unfinished product installed on my machine that I haven't played since the first week I bought the game. We've done all the fixes and then some to no avail. I'd really appreciate a concrete answer, but an admission of guilt would do for now. I repeat, the game in its current form is essentially unplayable.

Does not seem to be a universal problem as we have two clans up and running and they seem to be playing just fine.

Does not seem to be a universal problem as we have two clans up and running and they seem to be playing just fine.

That's all well and good, Andy, for those people who can play the game just fine. But that doesn't really help us folk who still can't actually play the game online. The fact that so many FMers are experiencing the same slow down issue, means that it's real...

I've noticed an issue with playing online I don't see listed -

We're able to create a game, find it, join and add a manager. Play and all that good stuff......the first time. However, once anyone but the host leaves and tries to come back in, either that day or another day, it crashes why it tries to join the game.

In my first test we switched who was hosting (same file) and it worked fine again.

Have you heard about this?

not sure why i could host once, but not twice? Especially within a couple of minutes of one another.

Any ideas/fixes?

We are also experiencing performance issues with me (PC) as host and my mate (laptop) connected. We are both connected to the same local network in the house but it literally takes 15/20mins sometimes longer to process on his end when he first connects to the game then it can sometimes freeze or disconnect him from the game when playing a match, mostly when he is making changes or substitutions. Obviously when he tries to reconnect again it takes another 20 odd mins to get him back on so its bordering on being unplayable to play an online game for us as it stands.

I'm very new to playing on-line, I have maybe a simple question, that is however important to me to know. We are group of 4 friends and we would like to start an on-line career save, the thing is - not always we manage to meet all 4 at the same moment. How does the game work? Does it require all 4 to be logged in and play? Or for example if only 3 are present, then they control their teams, while the fourth team is temporarily taken control by let's call it "an autopilot"?

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

I'm very new to playing on-line, I have maybe a simple question, that is however important to me to know. We are group of 4 friends and we would like to start an on-line career save, the thing is - not always we manage to meet all 4 at the same moment. How does the game work? Does it require all 4 to be logged in and play? Or for example if only 3 are present, then they control their teams, while the fourth team is temporarily taken control by let's call it "an autopilot"?

no you can have 2 people on and still play, the rest in theory will be on holiday.

welcome to FMO ;)

The game does not require all players playing at the same time. Like you said if three managers are present then the fourth manager's team will be controlled by his assistant manager.

I've noticed an issue with playing online I don't see listed -

We're able to create a game, find it, join and add a manager. Play and all that good stuff......the first time. However, once anyone but the host leaves and tries to come back in, either that day or another day, it crashes why it tries to join the game.

In my first test we switched who was hosting (same file) and it worked fine again.

Have you heard about this?

not sure why i could host once, but not twice? Especially within a couple of minutes of one another.

Any ideas/fixes?

(short term return)

try getting the returning players to log out of steam and log back in, I've had a few issues where the player has crashed (FM) he's tried to re-join but can't, but once he logs out of steam and logs back in the problem of can't joining is gone.

if the hosts steam pops up on fellow players steam saying hes just logged in(even thou he clearly hasn't left as your still logged into the game), you might find no-one can log onto the game, in that case the host should save and drop and reboot steam+FM.

We are also experiencing performance issues with me (PC) as host and my mate (laptop) connected. We are both connected to the same local network in the house but it literally takes 15/20mins sometimes longer to process on his end when he first connects to the game then it can sometimes freeze or disconnect him from the game when playing a match, mostly when he is making changes or substitutions. Obviously when he tries to reconnect again it takes another 20 odd mins to get him back on so its bordering on being unplayable to play an online game for us as it stands.

ok then not knowing the full set up ie specs etc, are you both playing wireless?

as we've found anyone that plays FMO thru a wireless set up struggles with lag more than someone hardwired, we once tried hosting on a wireless set up and it was a total nightmare, the lag was totally unbearable.

I should add be realistic with database sizes and starting leagues, a little bit of trial and error is needed in order to find what's best for the hosts PC, I've spoken with people struggling to host an online game but once they start to revealing the leagues/nations running on there PC it does become clear there aiming abit to high.

its worth trialling a few different set ups, sadly you might find out you will have to run less leagues or a smaller database.

The game does not require all players playing at the same time. Like you said if three managers are present then the fourth manager's team will be controlled by his assistant manager.
no you can have 2 people on and still play, the rest in theory will be on holiday.

welcome to FMO ;)

Thank you very much!!

Hello Andy

a few questions . Like everyone I also experience performance problems when i log in to my friends game online, especially on tactics / training tab (sometimes game crushes). But when i searched for an unknown online game i was able to connect without any problems (off course they kicked me out when they found me). I also created a game as a host but this time i setup port forwarding rules in my router (host). My friends where able to connect without problems but after a minute they logged out saying "unable to connect on server" . password was correct

1. Do I have to set up port forwarding rules and ip or the steam takes care of that ???

2. port forwarding should be applied on both routers (host/client) or on host only ???

3. Changed steam download region to UK London , removed face packs tactics skins from FM, disabled AVG antivir. What else can I do??

4. I have just setup a career online game 29/11 15:40 GMT +2

name: testserver passw: nikolas

without port forwarding on router

Could anyone try to connect on my game . IF you succeed try tactics and training tab. and please let me know. I will keep it online until 22:00 hour.

Thank you in advance

(short term return)

try getting the returning players to log out of steam and log back in, I've had a few issues where the player has crashed (FM) he's tried to re-join but can't, but once he logs out of steam and logs back in the problem of can't joining is gone.

if the hosts steam pops up on fellow players steam saying hes just logged in(even thou he clearly hasn't left as your still logged into the game), you might find no-one can log onto the game, in that case the host should save and drop and reboot steam+FM.

Thanks, unfortunately that's pretty much what we tried. It's even happened on different days - it seems to be about 1 in 10 can get in, which when you've got 15+ players isn't working out so well. We can't all be restarting over and over trying to get it work. As it turns out, I've had the same issue in a 2 person game and we tried repeatedly on differnt days to get reconnected and couldn't no matter what.

Seems we can get it going but only if we use a completely clean DB....any changes (even additional name or the media file are out) and it crashes...but only on the second connection, which still baffles me.

It means we can play....but it kind of sucks to not be able to use the media file, the US expansion (a simple 12 change XMl to make the D2-D4 playable) or even the last names expansion pack without it not working. It's a limited world, but better than nothing.

If it didn't work at all, I'd understand, but working the first time just makes a mockery of that.

Well, like every year, me and my brother play an online FM game, we started yesterday, then the game crashed, and since then he can't connect to me anymore, the game always crashes when he tries to join my server.

we tried removing every addon, no luck, crashes with same error, restarts and reboots also didn't help, so we are stuck in an unplayable game.

Please help us ASAP so we can enjoy the game.

i'm starting to lose my nerves, this is getting so much frustrating.

we just started a new game both with this last update, he can join with no problems, we put both managers on vacation for 1 week, saved the game, closed fm, reopened, i loaded the online game, he tries to join and CRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cmon, what the hell is this???? i feel ripped of, i can't use a product i bought, this is inadmissible, you guys don't even answer the complaints from your costumers.

I'm so disapointed at the lack of quality on a final paid product and most of all, on the lack of costumer support, it's unaceptable!!!

what are your specs for the game/pc ie database size? edited db? processor? wireless? dongle etc as much info as u can bud

Why would any of that matter? Can't we enjoy the game as we usualy play it? Do we have to be restrained to a certain type of database size or a internet connection so we can play together? Then SI as to say that before we buy the game, not after and as to refund my money back since i can't play the game if so.

Hi guys, Just a quick question, how do I play against other players online could somebody please let me know? I just got the game today and have no idea..

You load up FM and click on join network game. Click on search and a list of servers appear and you then pick one that does not have a password if you are wanting to join a random game or get a group of friends together, set the game up, give out the password and everyone joins.

Hello, how does setting up a LAN game work now? I'm having a get together with friends and clearly it will run much more quickly over a LAN than the internet?

Is this possible? Massively disappointing if it isn't.

2 friends and myself are currently playing a online game, we have arrived at our first games to the season the two NONE host players games are takeing for every to complete a match, but when they run the game game offline (single player) the matches are fine and run smooth?

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks Rob

They don't care about us Robert. I made my post 3 weeks ago and got no answer so far. It's pointless to care about this game now, i'll just download it next year instead of wasting my money away.

It' says here 'Online play allows the user to play Football Manager™ 2013 against other humans over either a local area network or the internet.'

So is it possible to play over lan, like on fm 2012??

Thanks

2 friends and myself are currently playing a online game, we have arrived at our first games to the season the two NONE host players games are takeing for every to complete a match, but when they run the game game offline (single player) the matches are fine and run smooth?

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks Rob

the single game always faster as the host PC doesn't have to deal with other humans in the game.

from my point of view and experience if people have low end spec systems, play wireless or use a dongle, these people tend to suffer.

as 9 times out of 10 the game from there side is trying to catch up with the hosts game, causing lag etc

They don't care about us Robert. I made my post 3 weeks ago and got no answer so far. It's pointless to care about this game now, i'll just download it next year instead of wasting my money away.

Lose the attitude or don't bother posting.

Why not replaying to some questions?

I saw you don't replay to people who are asking about lan..

Hi there, I have started a game and am playing as the host over a wireless network. My brother can connect to the game and it takes him into the "game status" screen, but the "Take Control" button is greyed out. On my game status screen I can see he's joined the game and the "take control" button is available. Why can he not take control on his computer? Any help appreciated, been driving us nuts. Thanks.

Me and my friend are trying to play Versus Head2Head, the host can pick his exported team with ease, but then the other one tries to load his exported team he just gets throwed back to the create manager screen. How can we fix this? Both have tried to be the host, and both are running high-end computers.

It' says here 'Online play allows the user to play Football Manager™ 2013 against other humans over either a local area network or the internet.'

So is it possible to play over lan, like on fm 2012??

Thanks

No it's not possible anymore with FM13 everything is done online. This can be easily found if you used the search function.

Yesterday I played my first online game after the new patch. I play with a friend of mine and I host the game. We experienced that the matches of my mate went really slow. Quitte annoying.

Anyone else experienced this? Or do we have to look for an other solution...(maybe hardware of internet problem, although we rebooted pc, modem, router).

the single game always faster as the host PC doesn't have to deal with other humans in the game.

from my point of view and experience if people have low end spec systems, play wireless or use a dongle, these people tend to suffer.

as 9 times out of 10 the game from there side is trying to catch up with the hosts game, causing lag etc

I should add if the host is wireless then that's just mental :)

well the problem seems to have solved its self realy.

but my computer is a top notch NEW computer and it was the host on a 60M wired internet connection and the game was running super smooth during the game for all members it was just the matches that was a problem. Now all of a sudden no memebers are having a problem and all is running smooth again.

The problem was strange one but i am glad it seems to have resolved itself

This has been happening even before the latest patch...

I host and play with a friend, but all of his matches go really slow no matter what highlight speeds he has. Even on only commentary.

Any help?

This has been happening even before the latest patch...

I host and play with a friend, but all of his matches go really slow no matter what highlight speeds he has. Even on only commentary.

Any help?

Me and my friend have had this problem, we stopped playing in November because of it, was hoping it would have been fixed by now.

Also it would be nice for some acknowledgement from someone from SI in this thread as a number of people are reporting the problem.

You are more likely to get an answer from someone at SI in the network issues bug forum within the FM13 bugs forum.

Those of you experiencing issues with slowdon during client matches, head over to the network issues forum within the bugs forum and read the thread slowdown during matches for clients or it's a similar title to that. Read that thread and add details as Si seem to be investigating it.

well the problem seems to have solved its self realy.

but my computer is a top notch NEW computer and it was the host on a 60M wired internet connection and the game was running super smooth during the game for all members it was just the matches that was a problem. Now all of a sudden no memebers are having a problem and all is running smooth again.

The problem was strange one but i am glad it seems to have resolved itself

sweet am glad its sorted :thup:

Hi, is there anybody experiencing any internet gameplay iussues after installing the 13.2 patch?

During the match some goes normal online speed some other are experiencing problems and goes very VERY slow, even if they've setted maximum speed. In other words, meanwhile some has finished the match other are still in the first half (mid first half!!!)

What the hell is happened?!?!?

Can some moderators or SI guys ask to the questions please? Because it becoming just a little bit frustrating

Thx

Alvios