My tactic or the game generaly?

Ok...first I have to say that I play this game since CM2 and that I like very in-depth aproach to game. That means that I play every game on "full match" and play one season for more than 50 hours probably. So it could take a month or more until I finish a season. I just more enjoy that way.

On FM 2009 I still didn't finished the season. First I played demo, than game, then first patch, then second...

So season was started 4 times, and I haven't finished single season. This year I choose to guide Man UTD cause I wanted to win all possible competitions (7 in total). I reckon myself to be preety good at FM because of past experience and because of watching the whole games and anylising them and by aplying simple logic I learned a lot...

In first 3 attempts (demo, game and 1st patch) I didn't have much succes...probably because FM09 is very different from FM08 and maybe because of bad luck (I just played several games on those attempts).

In my latest try, with 2nd patch...I get a grip and clearly saw difference from FM08. So...in final try I managed to achieve 18 straight wins from the start with simple 4-4-2 (but with tweaking a lot). Maybe it was a little lucky, but to be honest, I can't remember last time when I had such run.

The reason why I'm writing is not to post a tactic or to ask for advice, it's just to ask people to confirm or deny something that I discovered, but I'm not sure is that because of tactic or the game is simply like that.

Ok...in FM08 I was playing with Barcelona...and I manage to dominate in 95% of games (dominate=more total shots on goal and generaly controle the game). BUT IN THIS VERSION, altough I have more great chances (clear cut) it seems that every 3rd game for example opponent have more number of total shots on goal than me. So, that "domination ratio" fell to 65% despite winning all the games.

I watched some other thread with guy (CLEON I think)...who posted match stats for every game for Shefield W and I saw that despite his results were very good in general, often teams who are weaker than Shefield had more shots than he had.

So by analysing my and Cleon case...my guess is that it's simply FAULT OF GAME AND NOT FAULT OF OUR TACTICS.

I intentionally posted thread here cause here gathers mainly experienced players who are also in-depth with tactics and I would like to discuss with them about this.

P.S. I also noted that average number of total shoots on goal is to low on this version comparing to RL. For example, in those 18 games, twice I had situation that total number of shots for BOTH team was only 4 (so, 2 per team in average). When did you saw a game with 4 shots last time???

Archived