I have always loved Football manager

But this is really ****ing me off now. I'm playing fm 2009 and everytime I get to a match, I'm getting virtual low memory and the game needs to quit. This is so frustrating, and really annoying. I've had no problems with the other football managers, untill this one! I've unticked the 3d engine, but still no joy. I'm seriously getting annoyed with this game, and beginning to lose patience with it!

Somebody help, before I sell it and never play fm again.....

It's not the game's fault that you need to upgrade. The fact you had no problems with other versions is irrelevant. The game moves on and grows. Since you haven't posted your specs, I'm assuming you need to upgrade. I'll take that back if you post them and they should be adequate for FM09.

If you have the mental aptitude, and PC skills to register onto this site, then I am certain you have the skills to know the amount of Ram inside your computer.

Run "dxdiag" - do this by pressing Run in your startmenu and type "dxdiag"

You're at the very bottom end of the minimum specs. In theory, that should allow you to play a handful of leagues without too many problems. But that depends on what else you're running on your computer.

Can you tell us about your PC spec please?
Not good enough. We can't advise you unless we know your specs. I'm guessing you need more memory to run FM09 well.
You're at the very bottom end of the minimum specs. In theory, that should allow you to play a handful of leagues without too any problems. But that depends on what else you're running on your computer.

I might have to start again then, I've got England, Spanish and Italian leagues running. So I might just play the English and Scotland leagues.

That's just not enough RAM indeed. Investing some money there should help (although the processor could be better too, but increasing RAM should suffice for a start).

Honestly, it's ridiculous to complain about the game when one's computer simply isn't up to date anymore. That's just the result of the natural progression of minimum specs.

So, a few tips;

- Make sure your game is patched.

- Try and see if Windows update will provide you with any new Graphics Card drivers if you're struggling when you get to matches.

- Make sure you're not running too many programmes in the background.

Archived