Become a beta tester for SI

I'll put my name forward. Why? Well I've played CM/FM since the very first one in 93(ish). I've helped another (smaller) company by beta testing a couple of their sports management games over the last 2-3 years - also ended up writing the beginners guide for those games for their manual.

Biggest gripe with FM09 - well I don't have many MAJOR gripes - there are lots of annoying small problems (lots of text errors, daft answer choices in press conferences etc) but the 2 big areas of concern are the AI in the match engine - why do players do such stupid things? (running away from the ball, the crabbing issue etc) and the poor visual representation of what happens in the 3D - eg - why does a player, who has the ball, has an opponent behind him, and then goes down to the ground (as though he has been fouled), then get the foul given AGAINST him? (with the commentary saying he tripped the opponent - who is still on his feet!)

If errors like this in the match engine were cleared up (and I realise that is a HUGE job to make the engine totally realistic), then 95% of the complaints in this forum would go away, as all the rest is far less important if people are getting their players to react to their instructions in a way that is obvious to them.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gohan950

Hi, Although I dont post alot on the forums I always play the games and would like to take part in the Beta Testing. If it matters I am located in Aberdeen and would be able to take part fully.

thanks

Marc

Hi

I would like to apply to become a beta tester. Having played the game for longer than i can actually remember, i feel i have a good understanding of the series and what is expected from such a high profile software title. I work as a web developer and build and test my own code (and others) on a daily basis. The testing involves small web sites to fully scalable applications including some desktop applications as well as websites. I am just short of 5 years experience in this industry (as well as a degreee in Computer Science) and feel i have grown to a good level of spotting bugs/errors, whether these be visual or functional. I was a previous FML beta tester as well for SI.

I am also a user of pc's and macs so can test on both platforms. Although i have not been a great contributor to this forum, i have tried to keep my posts to mainly bug reports, no matter how big or small.

If you would like to know anything else just ask.

Thanks for your time

Ian

Hello,

I would like to have the opportunity to be considered for beta testing.

A little about myself first, I am 21 years old, I'm from a tiny island called Bahrain and currently studying Computer Science. I've been playing CM/FM since CM01/02 and played every version passionately. What I like most about the game is the ability to control smaller clubs and make them into a world class team. I've beta-tested FML (was not using this account at the time) and tested another MMoRPG game. I play the game alot (approx 6-7 hours a day) until I reach what I aimed for then usually take a break for a few days then start a new challenge. I've decided that I will try and help for this version by posting in the Bugs version whenever I encounter a bug.

What annoys me the most in this years game was the amount of good regens, which I find directly related to the one-footed players bug which over rates certain players even if their CA/PA is not that high. What I noticed in my game (in 2019 at the moment) that there are very very few players that can play with "Either" or just "Left" or just "Right". Alot of the regens appear with either "Right Only" or "Left Only". Also, through the course of the game I have brought in players, for example Obertan's preferred foot was "Right" now in 2019 it has changed to "Right Only" which I find weird.. The same happened with some other players. One other minor issues which are probably not code related, which is my countrys' players having wrong positions, preferred foot etc. which I will address in the Data forum in the future.

Finally, just wanted to say I really appreciate the work you do to make the game better and hopefully I can become a part of the beta-testing team :).

Thanks,

Ahmed Al Majed

I'll simply say I have purchased each version of the game (good and bad) dating all the way back to the original Championship Manager so this equates to a massive amount of hours spent playing the game over the last 15 years or so.

I've been a computer game player since the age of 12-13 (20+ years) so again plenty of knowledge and experience there and I'd love nothing better than to try and improve FM09 into the perfect management game it so nearly is.

My main critism of FM09 is the glitches in the match engine (I won't repeat them as they have been pointed out on the formus enough times already) however I feel that the press conferences need a major overhaul too.

Hopefully this will prove enough for you to consider me as a Beta tester.

Hi,

I would like to join your “Dream Team”!

I think I would be a good candidate because I am intelligent and articulate, and have a good understanding of FM, and thus will be able to provide you with reliable and insightful feedback. I have a 1:1 Degree and an MPhil, and therefore I am by training and nature inclined towards logical, and critical analysis.

I have been playing FM in various forms for about 8 years now, and would consider myself quite experienced (and fairly good at it!) For example in my first save with FM09, I came third with West Ham in my first season, won the Champions league with them in my second season and in the third completed the treble. This demonstrates that I have a good understanding of how the game works, and how it is intended to be played, how to set up tactics etc, which I believe would be useful attributes for a Beta-tester.

In addition I tend to enjoy long career games, e.g in FM08 I got up to 2025 (again with West Ham!) I think that this could be useful if you are looking to test how well the game plays with respect to long term issues. For example the paucity of quality regens was a real problem in FM08 (though I am delighted to see it seems to have been fixed in FM09). There are many other issues which would benefit from a long term examination e.g the long term buying strategy of clubs, national team composition over time, international competitions, Managerial hiring and firing etc

That being said I would be happy to do play with any team for any length of time if that is what was needed.

In terms of biggest issue, I play on a Mac and was really disappointed with the state of the game upon release. I thought it was simply unprofessional that the game had some major game-ruining bugs, and it felt like there could have been very little testing as I think most of us noticed them within minutes.

I am now playing on 9.1, which I am mostly happy with. I have been scared off upgrading to 9.2 due to some of the reported problems. So I think there is a (acknowledged) consistent problem with the amount of testing that has been done in the past.

The issues I have with 9.1 are rather minor. The transfer system is much improved, but I feel that there are still a few problems. Some clubs are displaying slightly irrational purchasing strategy e.g buying players and not using them.

• Man City in my game play 532, i.e with wingbacks instead of wingers. Yet they still purchase wingers at great expense and don’t use them – e.g Stewart Downing bought for 16mil and then played about 6 times in two years.

• Barcelona buy Gignac for 14 mil and then for two years in a row fail to use him at all (I think they are not even registering him).

• AC Milan bought Elano for 5mil and then didn’t use him at all.

I would have some minor gripes with the match engine as well. Players seem to miss too many easy chances, for example top international strikers will consistently put free headers wide, or pass the ball to the goalkeeper. This is frustrating and looks a bit ridiculous! Overall I tend to be happy with the results, but I too often seem to rely on a percentage game, being rescued with goals from set pieces.

I was invited to take part in the FMLive Beta testing for my contributions on the FMBritain Tactics forum. (I post under a different Alias there – happy to disclose on request) Unfortunately I wasn’t able to dedicate much time to this, due to work and family commitments. (Also when FM09 came out that took priority)! I do however play FM09 for on average 15 hours a week, and I hope this would be sufficient for your requirements.

Many thanks,

The Laughing Man

hi

i feel that i should be a beta tester for sigames and football manager 2009 series. im running a decent mid range spec laptop to test on. my biggest gripe for football 2009 is the slow matchplay as im running the specs ok. i have played football manager/cm since the first cm. i have posted quite a few times under different names throughout the football manager games with issues and bugs. i have good attention to detail. im currently out of work so can dedicate a lot of time to overseeing issues and bugs. other minor gripes are it seems the same as people above with tactics and the press conferences. finally my last gripe and this is why i should be considered for beta testing is that as im not running 3d due to graphics cards not being upto the required standard at the moment is i dont know when pitch needs relaying and for improvement for fm10 would be a description of the state of the pitch prior to a match.

also meant to add im in abertillery in the welsh valleys. i play fm daily and always run a career game with my hometown team of bristol city so i can see the issues with the jump up and regens. fm08 i got upto season 2034 before 2009 was launched. i must add since patch 2 which i seem to have no issues and fixed the problems before it came out makes it very realistic and i must say the hardest challenge of getting into premiereship to date which can be much more fun. i also have played career games in scotland, holland, germany, italy, spain, portugal, argentina and brazil so i would say i have a clear spectrum of the games and different leagues.

I would love to be considered as a beta tester. I have been involved in beta testing for FML and really enjoyed it and made contributions which i hope helped the developers improve the game. I'm a dedicated football fanatic and love to test my skills on both FM09 and FML and spend a ridiculous amount of time on the game.

Currently my biggest fault with FM09 is that training hasn't really been changed, which suprises me as it's the day to day part of football and yet you spend very little time working on it. And also IMO the UI for training isn't very convenient for someone who wishes to create more then a couple of schedules for their team, and it's really irritating for someone like me, who likes to go through each player and adjust his schedule accordingly. Having to create a new schedule for each player is really quite a lengthy experience and often leads me to not bothering.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

I've purchased every version of Football Manager, also played quite a lot of the Championship Manager games. I've been in the scene for years contributed lots of graphics, articles, stories. I've played every version quite a lot, even had two buy another copy of 07 has my disc got ruined. I'm quite good as moaning about things but in a constructive way, I utilise all areas of the game, all leagues, online and off line frequently, I want to make the current fm and future versions the best possible for myself, the consumer and for SI, as if we all pull together this will create the best thing possible but only with co-operation of each, as each part of the team is vital.

Thanks

I would like to apply for the position as beta tester. I have played the game since the days of CM 93/94 I think it was called and enjoy it tremendously. I mainly play in the danish, dutch and belgium leagues but I'm mostly interested in the development of the scandinavian leagues as they have been hampered for years by anoying bugs such as unrealistic transfers. Obviously I would help in any way possible to improve this otherwise fine game! Hopefully you can use that help!

Patrick

I would like to be considered as a beta tester. I am Italian and I am a part-time journalist, covering non-professional teams in my region; this means, I know a lot about "Serie D" (and football in general...) I also have a decent background in java programming.

I've been playing this game since CM 97/98. My biggest issue with this version of the game was, of course, the Serie C bug. Other than that, I feel it could have been done more about training (the most unrealistic aspect of FM), tactics (there are a lot of sliders, checkbox and options, but in the end it's all about KISS (keep it simple stupid)) and players attributes (too many! And the CA/PA thing needs a radical rethinking, IMO). Oh, and the Italian translation: in the game, there are errors that hadn't been corrected since forever and the manual was clearly translated by someone who knows nothing about the game (and football in general...)

Hi guys,

I'd like to be considered as a beta tester.

A little about myself:

- Lived in the UK for 30 years

- Have now moved out to Australia and have been here the last 4 year living in Melbourne

- Support Crystal Palace

- Have played all the CM games, I can remember I really liked the Championship Manager Italia game. I can even remember playing the original Football Manager on my rubber keyed Spectrum (and I remember it crashing and me having to type some run command in to get it going again)

- I follow Australian, Scottish and English football, would follow more but the missus assures me she needs some attention some time

My biggest issues of the game would have to be firstly the match engine and hoping to get the 3d version playing as though you would almost be watching a normal match. I have to say as yet I have never seen an Premiership players run sideways as on the game, but maybe its something they are developing in the academies these days.

The other one would be improving the system of how actions you take affect the world around you (fans reaction, other manager reactions, board reactions, players reactions etc.). We've seen massive improvements in the last few years with the manager interaction and the teamtalks but it seems to me it could be developed much further.

Thanks for your consideration.

Paul,

I would like to be considerered as a beta tester for future FM games. I have played FM since the age of ten - CM 00/01, and have owned every edition since. The issues that irritate me the most are the little things - I have always been very good at proofreading / picking up grammatical errors and have noticed a number of them over the years, and the removal of the highlight speed slider. However, what has annoyed me most about the 09 edition thus far is the inability to give some simple instructions - I am still unsure how to get my wingers to cut inside most of the time with my full backs overlapping a la Arsenal, and I don't think that it should be necessary to plough through 200 pages of wwfan's Tactics Encyclopedia just to make this happen..

I feel that I am a logical and intelligent person, and able to express my opinions in a clear and concise manner. Although I am not a veteran poster (and what posts I have made have mostly been in CSE!), I believe that I have enough experience with the game and most importantly, have an insight into how other people may react to changes.

Thanks for your time and look forward to (hopefully!) hearing from you...

Hello,

I'm not a regular poster on these forums but I do read/browse/lurk far more than I should.

Here goes, I'll keep it simple and will not over indulge in the use of words when not needed!:

Past Experience with FM/CM - I have played Championship Manager it's first version on the PC (although by no means the youngest here I'm not quite old enough to have been playing in the days of the Amiga) With the girlfriend having firm control over the remote I am therefore found to be playing FM most nights whilst pretending not to be watching America's Next Top Model.

Why I Think I'd be Suitable for this Role: My current second job (my main passion is of course managing my beloved Manchester City in the year 2032) is as a Quality Controller/Analyst for a commercial insurance broker - therefore playing with a system and trying my upmost to find new scenario's that the system/software can't handle is unfortunatley very second nature now.

I'll leave it at that for now - however should you require any further information please feel free to email me.

I'd like to beta test the Mac version. My main issue is the lack of testing of the Mac version. :)

No, actually my main issue is the bug affecting cross-platform network games, although I'd have to hook up with another beta tester to test that one, I guess.

I've used Macs since 1994 and been playing CM/FM since I had to run it in a DOS emulator on said Mac. Am currently on a 2.2 GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM and an X3100 graphics card.

Hi there, My name is Dominik, and I think I would be a great beta testa because:

1) I love the series. From championship manager to Football Manager 2005 I have been there and played them all. I am a loyal customer and fan. I know the game inside and out.

2) I have worked on games before (designer) and know about beta testing. I would love to have the chance to be a proffessional and thourough beta tester, and I believe I could to this with previous experience and knowledge of what beta testing requires/does.

3) I am an avid member of the online community, contributing here and there with tactics etc.

4) I am determined and would do my best to logicaly work alongside your team.

5) Most importantly? I would have fun ^^ and having fun and approaching this from a customers point of view is exactly how you find and solve issues in the first place!

6) The only issue I have with the game is this - I hope it never ends!

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Dominik

Hi,

I'm Nick, a 26 year old Aerospace Engineering student and avid wannabe football manager. I would like to put myself down for consideration for the Beta testing role. I have been playing the game since CM2, when visiting some family friends, their son introduced me to the game and I've been hooked ever since. I can still remember my first ever signing, Jan aage Fjortoft scoring a brace on his debut for my beloved Spurs and the rest as they say is history. I've been playing the game ever since, from my Paul Mcveigh inspired Monaco team that won the champions league, to my D'allessandro inspired Millwall world beaters, to my current Dean Sinclair inspired Luton team that suck. I love the fact that over the years I've known about players like Saviola, Henry, Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, etc before they've hit the big time. My biggest dispappointment is that Samba, Bakayoko ( Everton should have used him better lol ) and Paul Mcveigh ( people will probably laugh, but he scored bag fulls for my Monaco team, cant remember which version ) never realised their true potential in real life.

I think I would make a good tester as being an engineering student, I a) have plenty of free time and B) have good analytical skills and report writing capabilities to go alongside an insatiable appetite for FM and football in general.

My biggest gripe with Fm09 is the portrayal of the matches in the 3d view, such as bizzare running on the spot, stupid own goals, keepers stopping, missing of a lot of 1 on 1's, etc. Only little things, but the annoyance adds up over a few seasons.

Anyway, thank you for the opportunity to apply, good luck with the patches and FM10.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Paul

I would love to become part of the beta test team.

I am a 44 year old avid football fan (if you call supporting Coventry City anything to do with football or fun:-)

I have played CM/FM since the beginning. The main thing I think I can offer is a good eye for statistical analysis and play balancing. I did quite a bit of my own work about this time last year with "too many goals and chances" in 8.0.1, which I posted and got some good feedback on. Am very willing to run a few seasons and conduct analysis of chances, goals, woodwork hits etc. ( I spend a lot of time on planes and in airports so have ample opportunity).

Biggest issue of I have with FM09 is the play balance when compared to real football (ie the number of chances, shots, woodwork hits, goals form mistakes, free kicks etc).

Regards

Murray

Having been a regular player of FM and previously CM (up to 04) I have found myself taking a sabbatical from this version. My reason is simply due to the speed of the game, nothing more.

I have switched loyalties to FML having Beta Tested there for a while and am a dedicated player in the current Shearer gameworld

I'd like to apply to become a beta tester for future versions of the game.

During previous versions I have been able to spot slight issues that have 'irked me somewhat' that i wonder why initial testers have not been able to pick things up. The main spot was with boxed release 08 (I think, or 07) where the defending team simply didn't tackle the attacking team. Other 'spots' include data issues (legends etc), club rosters etc..

Andy

I would like to be considered for this beta testing. I feel that I should be considered as a Beta tester and mod on FML for the last 18 months. I have a good record in picking up bugs and have been playing Championship Manager/Football Manager all the way back to 1991/92. Biggest gripes with FM09 so far (only had it a week) is that the press conferences and team talks seem to get very monotonous, and the assman doesnt handle them too well a lot of the time and also the training which feels very tricky to manage to the casual player.

220+ posts in this thread, would be very lucky to get a spot in the testing myself.

We all know that a large percentage of us FM worshippers get extremely angry, but I've never know anyone to jump out of the seat start waving their arms around and shout stuff across the room at the PC, in a very frustrated manner, embarassingly, like I do.

I'd love to be able to decrease the amount of times that I do that by the time I recieve the full game, by helping out with BETA testing. It would also be something I haven't done before, and I'm sure I'd love the opportunity and have fun doing it.

I scan these forums daily, getting soaked up in many a thread, but I don't post regurlalry. Simply because threads often get too long (i.e 100 posts a page). If i could most more I would.

I'm 19 years young, so all the parental legal paperwork would be avoided, you know how much you hate it SI ;)

Hopefully my post is considered :)

Liam.

It would actually be remarkable to be involved with a game, such as Football Manager at some point during my life, whilst I may not be the most active of members (in terms of posting) i found myself daily on here, and on other fansites, quietly seeing what people want and how they want it presented (although one day I was the first to post a feedback thread for a particular patch - one of my most famous days). I admit I'm not a poster maniac, but I certainly do listen and take note.

I've been playing the game for years, through and through, and I'm well known for my high attention to detail.

No number of words could really describe how much of a chance to be involved with a game that I have grown to love, enjoy and absolutely adore for many years, from computer to computer, year to year, summer to summer filled with imagination of managing my local team. Simply cannot be beaten.

I currently am studying English, Computing and Psychology at high levels (second year at college) and with managing to obtain FULL marks within my English Literature & Language course last year, it's evident I can spot an error and observe. The fact I take Computing, also shows I have a clear insight into the capabilities of hardware and software regarding the game.

Thanks SI - the opportunity of being involved is already exciting me.

- Ross.

I would like to be part of the test team for Sports Interactive.

I have been particiating in football manager games since the older games of CM99 and so on and have followed the Football Manager series from the start of 05. I spend time on these boards but i am not a regular poster, more of a viewer. I do interact on other boards though and have over 3000 posts on a different football manager fansite. I regulary play football manager in the evening or on my day off college (Where i am studying Media and TV production).

With regards of what i may add to the team is that if you asked anyone i know im very moany at the bugs that pop up in the game, and i notice alot of detail. I am a man of opinion and like to share and discuss how the game can be improved and what we would like to see in future football manager games. I am an Everton fan (the greatest team on earth - as you may have guessed on my username) and regulary go watching matches at Goodison Park (I am a seasont ticket holder). It is my 11th season this season as a season ticket holder and ive been to many many grounds to watch them play. I have seen how football is played, whats realistic and what isn't as i have made mistakes in my own football career. I think this would help when it comes to the topic of the match engine, i know i have looked at parts of the 3D engine that i think can be improved.

Come September 2009 i will heading off to University at UCLAN University. I am most likely going to be undergoing a course called Computer Games Devlopment and i believe that this would be very beneficial to me and my course, as well future job employment. I believe that in due time that this course will not only help me develop my skills and qualifications but will help you obtain more information about football manager.

I think the 3D Match Engine has been a success however i still believe there is alot of room for improvement. For example there are either way too many chances on the game, or too many one on one's because you get the likes of Michael Owen missing four or five one on one chances a game, which we all know a fit Michael Owen has a better success rate than that! There are more things i can include in improving the game but i'd rather tell you that in the future when i hope to be a beta tester!

I would like to be a beta tester for SI. The first game of the series i played was CM01/02, i played this for some years with a friend until i bought FM05, i enjoyed that game and then bought FM06 which was great for me. The main reason being was the fact that the game wasnt to simple nor was it too complicated. I didnt buy FM07 because i was enjoying FM06 too much, I then purchased FM08 which i really enjoyed, although there was many "bugs" to begin with, the first one that springs to mind was everytime you would score from a corner a free-kick was given however these were fixed and made the game good. Then FM09 when I first started playing within 20 minutes everyone seen the problems with injuries, i feel this showed a distinct lack of testing and why i am backing SI's decision to implement beta testing. The first patch (9.1.0P) fixed this and again the game greatly improved.

I am currently in my GCSE year which makes me 16 (not sure how old my profile says i am but im quite sure that it is wrong) and I have already acheived an A in I.C.T. My target grades are all As and Bs.

Hope this gets considered:)

Oh and Paul im an Everton fan just like you!!

I'd love to be involved in BETA testing for Football Manager. Over the course of the past 2 years, i've aided friends,family and people on various forums with all aspects of Football Manager, from Installation to databases. I have an extensive background in the I.T industry and would be more than happy to assist Sports Interactive in future releases of Football Manager :)

I'd like to put my name down. Played CM/FM for the last 7 years and have been signed up for FML since launch, also beta tested FML for a month in GW 25. I'd love to improve any future SI games, if anything, to stop all the threads on these forums how FM isn't perfect when it is launched.

Joe

Hi,

I would like to be considered for one of the Beta testing roles.

I consider myself a good choice because of my previous experience Beta testing experience. For SI I've tested two versions of FML including the current version. For other companies I've doen this as well and helped identify problems with the software.

As to my FM experience, I've been playing since Championship Manager 03/04 and thoroughly enjoy the game. I've noticed a few problems in this current version especially with LLM. It's terribly hard to expand stadiums or move to new ones. There's also something stagnant about the manager reputatation levels. Having won two successive promotions to be in League Two I'm still unproven. Have noticed similar with other players.

Tactics can also be remodelled. I'm no tactical genius but I have a fair idea what I want to do. I accomplish that most of the time but sometimes I just have to use someone else's tactics.

I'm fairly observant in general life and also while playing the game. I have a good amount of patience and understand that with Beta tests there's a high chance of problems that might lead to frustration for most people. For me though, I'm generally nit flustered much and won't find reason to want to shout obscenities at you lot.

Thanks for the opportunity to do this. Whoever does get the gig will surely have a great time.

I am also interested in becoming a beta tester.

Having read through this thread, I imagine that your eyes are starting to bleed from some massive blocks of text that don't say much at all. I won't exacerbate that.

I have always enjoyed this game, I want it to be the best it can. I do not agree with some of SIs policies and decisions, but that's really what you need, getting a load of 'Yes men' is going to do sweet fa. I am going to be studying Mathematics at University next year, so I have a good logical mind. Hope I can help.

Hi.

I would like to apply for the beta testing position.

I am entering the last year of computer systems engineering degree, and have had plenty of experiences with games and programming. I can see games from a programmers point of view, and I believe it will help a lot with the testing procedures.

FM is the only game I've played regularly the last 3-4 years, I am keen to contribute to making it a greater game that it can be.

My biggest issue with FM2009 would be the actual match engine. I am one of those players that care most about how the actual match is played. As important as other features in the game are, I believe how the game manages to portray real life football into the match engine is the key to a football management game. I'm not saying the match engine in FM2009 is poor, I just think there is room for endless improvements in that area, to make football as realistic as possible.

Best of luck whether you choose me or not. :)

I wanna be a tester. Because than i can prove you that individual creative creedom and trainings shedule don't work in FM09 and FM08. :D

And that lateral movement is more realistic than keeper who can be the best team goalscorer (corners bug)

I'd like to help out with this.

I've worked as a data analyst and a research asistant since leaving University, both jobs which require a lot of attention to detail and the ability to highlight and report problems in a helpful, structured way.

Suffice to say, I've been dedicating horrible amounts of my spare time to Championship Manager and Football Manager since around about CM2 (the rest I just wasted, etc, etc.) so I'm extremely familiar with the ins and outs of it, by now. I've been involved in (or have been reading) these forums for quite a while, as well.

The area of the game I'd most like to see improved is the user interface for creating tactics - I don't necessarily think the underlying slider system needs to change per se, but the way it's presented definitely does, to make things a little bit more transparent/intuitive and less painful to use. Failing that, I'd like to see the training module given a bit of a revamp.

Thanks.

I would like to be considered as a beta tester because I think my experience of playing is good (15 years or so). I feel I wopuld be helping instead of adding my voice to those who complain about similar issues. All of which have been logged anyway. This would enable me to be constructive and make the game better for everybody, along with all the other testers.

Hello boys and girls,

I'm glad to confirm my interest in Beta Testing for FM.

I've been playing FM from FM06. I spend a lot of time in this game and Live one. My name is Alin Vlad, 24 y.o and i'm currently working as a Senior Support Technician for an Internet Security company. In a word, i troubleshoot and i'm good at this.

I believe that this quality will help me a lot in the future possible beta testing analysis.

Also, i was a dedicated FML beta tester from March deciding to purchase the game in October. I like to offer all my knowledge, power, dedication to a task, especially one as being a FM beta tester.

Alltough i'm not very active on SI forums, i'm a moderator on the romanian FM dedicated website and forum : www.fmro.ro. From here, i would like to express one of my main concerns : FM in romanian. Despite the fact that the piratery it's still increased in many worlds, especially Romania, i believe that translating the game will definitely increase the number of FM paying romanian community.

My main concern in FM is the poor research for some lower leagues in different countries. i know that requires a lot of resources, but you must not let down the manager at the most important feature of the game : realism. Also, the ME still needs a lot of work.

With hope and consideration,

Alin

I would like to become a beta tester because I am extremely interested in the evolution of this game, and have been since CM2 back in the day.

My interest in football management goes beyond the billionairres of this world, and more so to the grass roots development of raw young talent. So I have a keen interest in the academy side of the game and would like to see that improve beyond what it is now. For example, more interaction with the youngsters - perhaps more real life issues such as bigger clubs poaching the younger players. More theory behind the development of the academy players. Even perhaps the opportunity to start the game as an Academy manager, and perhaps get promoted through the ranks.

I've only recently become active on the forums, and at the moment I am currently prolific in finding out the deepest intricate methods and theories behind the game.

Oh and I'm also a massive Blue. ;)

I would like to be considered for the role of beta tester.

I have been a loyal champ manager/football manager customer since the very beginning, and have never skipped a release.

My biggest issue with the game is, the fun seems to slip away with every release.

The cause of this in my opinion is too many "new additions" are added too soon with not enough time for testing.

Now i have plenty of time for testing, and would be very active in providing my view of the games strengths and weaknesses in order to make it perfect for release.

Thankyou.

I feel I should be considered for beta tester because I am very experienced with computers and games. I've played enough games, over the many years to be able to spot a bug/glitch in a game.

I want to assist in making the game and patches better for release, by finding as many bugs in the game as possible. I would be able to put a lot of time into bug finding also.

I am also active in the forums these days and have played a very long time in the game(25 days).

My biggest issue with FM09 at the moment is penalties. I'm sure you know the problem with them, so I dont feel the need to explain.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Aiston

Hi there!

I'm playing this game since CM 98/99 (by te way I think CM4 was the best). I'm a big fan of football (I watch alot of games from England and Romania) and also a FM fan.

The biggest problem (apart from the bugs) is training. You shouldn't have to hire 7-8 coaches plus an assistant manager to get 7 stars in every training schedule. Most Managers in England have in the coaching staff of the first team just 1 assistant, 1 first team coach and 1 goalkeeping coach plus physios and doctors (the rest are working with the reserves or academy players), not 8 coaches (for tactics, attacking, defense, set pieces etc). How can you hire a coach just for "set pieces"?! It should be more realistic and get the best from training with a reasonable number of world class coaches.

Thank you!

Hi,

I'd love to throw my hat in the ring as a relative newcomer to the FM series. I've been hooked since coming across FM 2007 and have played each version since. I am a MAC user and would like to help out with any possible developments that could help sort of even the playing field for us mac users in the versions to come. I am also South American and though I bwas born in Paraguay I usually play career games strarting in Argentina and have a few ideas on improving some of the realistic aspects of the South American and Argentinian competitions, not to mention the possible development of a playable Paraguayan league ;)

I have a top of the line iMac that makes FM 09's 3D feature look breathtaking and certainly shows signs of great innovation and improvement on SI's part, and I would love to help out in any way with the future development of this beloved series.

Cheers, and thanks for your consideration!!

Sergio M.

Hi there, I'd like to apply for the Beta testing, due to the Economic Downturn I have been made redundant so i have a lot of spare time on my hands!! Obviously i am looking for a job, but might aswell give something ago.

But I have been playing the football/championship manager series since the days of the Amiga. I remember on my game Cambridge united had two made up players that were awesome!!

My big issue is the match. There are too many one on ones where the goalie saves them. AMC player rating is low. Crazy amounts of injury time. Also a slight one where assistant feedback and when there is a highlight it just flips back to the overview.

I hope that dont come across negative. I think this game is fantastic. I would like to assist with the game to make it as best as possible.

Dear MRS SI

I should be considered for the Beta Testing role because I play football manager every waking hour of the day or night and have done with previous carnations aswell. Due to playing so long, nothing irritates me as much as the interface bugs and other little niggles. For this reason I will be a diligent tester with the game at heart.

My main issue with the game this year is definately the incompatibilities with many modern computers which stopped FM working on their computers and I want to help...

This would be my dream job

thank you

Hi Guys,

I should be considered for testing because I have a good eye for details and like to study the stats of every match I play, I have played Football Manager since it was just Championship Manager 1 and the only game that I really didnt like was FM2008 which I perceived to have problems with the way possession in matches was handled. I have only just purchased the game (last night) and so far I only have one little niggle and thats with injuries there does seem to be a fair few, other than that I havent really read the feedback in these forums so I am coming in with a blank slate so wont be clouded with reported problems.

I would also like to register my interest.

I post pretty regularly on here so I know most of the major gripes with users, have posted many times on aspects of the game which I think need work on. In terms of experience with testing/development, I'm currently studying Games Design and have experience of programming and the design of games. I also have experience of installing websites based around phpBB and installing mods which requires a fair amount of finding bugs and solving the problems caused.

My biggest gripe with FM would be the AI of opposition managers. Their dodgy transfer behaviour, not strenghtening the team in the right places and their lack of personality.

Hopefully, you know my post history well enough to know whether or not I would be a good candidate and, as a mod, don't feel like I receive enough abuse so being a tester could only help :D

Archived