Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ this is a proper mind**** :D

How come Desmond can have a physical presence both off the island and back in the past on the island? Daniel said he was special in that regard.

Why was the redhead lass (forgot her name) having a nosebleed, forgotten what the whole nosebleed thing means, isn't something to do with your constant?

Have we ever found out what that statue foot was from?

Blimey :D

this whole daniel faraday, desmond thing is confusing me, i vaguely remember an episode last year that focused on the relationship they have and des 'time travelling'

one question - if daniel met desmond prior to the other lostees coming onto the island why couldnt desmond remember seeing dabiel when he appears in S4 or did they not share screen time or was there a line from desmond saying he did know him from somewhere.

anyway of some could attempt to explain why the rules dont apply to des and the whole daniel - des thing i would be grateful

cheers

Christ this is a proper mind**** :D

How come Desmond can have a physical presence both off the island and back in the past on the island? Daniel said he was special in that regard.

Why was the redhead lass (forgot her name) having a nosebleed, forgotten what the whole nosebleed thing means, isn't something to do with your constant?

Have we ever found out what that statue foot was from?

Blimey :D

Looking at the episodes so far it looks like they're going to be time jumping quite a bit, so they may time jump or skip to the era of the four toed statue's destruction.

This whole Desmond/Daniel thing will play out I think over the course of the next few episodes so that will need to be given time.

Charlotte the red head maybe having those Desmond style flashes from season 3/4. Again, I think we will find out over the next few weeks.

Interesting little talk there between Jack and Ben about Locke.

really enjoyed those eps, lost is back with a bang :)

so much happened in it.

i'm loving the whole jumping through time thing, and stuff happening like showing eko's brothers plane crashing etc, but one thing, how was faraday in it at the beginning when they were building the orchid station, had he gone to see it as he had jumped back to that time and took a walk there or summat?

confused.com

Also was a little confused at Sawyer not knowing who Daniel was, surely they met in the last series?

Obviously didn't otherwise it's a huge continuity error :D but I just can't remember that far back.

well he said who are you to nikki about six times, its quite possible that hes being his dickish self even if they have met

i want mr eko back :D

ok so didnt ben say to jack (and locke off screen also) that they alll died on the island when they left, or summat horrible happened to them?

so i take it they are just gonna keep jumping in time constantly until the oceanic 6 come back?

i think it will be pretty tough for them to talk sun and kate into coming back though.

I just presumed that when we saw Daniel bump into the chap from the Dharma videos, it meant Daniel had previously been on the island but somehow got off. I never saw anything to suggest he manipulated himself in time to be able to go there.

Oh well, I suppose it's another question posed :D

Brilliant opening to Season 5. Will have a decent read through of this page to see peoples reactions/questions/theories!

Why wasnt Claire in this episode. Cant remember what happened to her now last season. I know she went missing but didnt she get found again?

She "died". In quote marks because she still walks around and talks to people. Last seen with her Dad: Christian Shepherd/Jacob.

Has anyone mentioned the old women who talks to Ben? isn't she the same women who Desmond tries to buy a ring from along time ago. I'm sure she explains some of the time travel stuff even back then.

Yeah you're right. She pointed out that someone would die in the next few moments of that scene.

dudes the daniel thing was a trick flash forward. he was infiltrating dharma in whatever period he's in now. Lost is OTT.

remember with Desmond simply one thing, the button he was pressing saved the world because that series of numbers was the equation to controlling time, the build up of time Candle was scared of is why the hatch was built. to control it, when desmond turned the fail safe key he basically became the special one

hexham- she is the same woman, again lost is so heavy....

Couldn't have been a flash forward - the station hadn't been built? Or did you mean trick as in Daniel in the real time is there but in the past?

• SI Staff
Hopefully they will show how Faraday got into the past to work with Dharma.

Will he not just have to go to the Orchid, get a uniform and wait there until they time shift to the correct time.

And with them meeting / killing people from the past is that not going to change the future?

I mean Daniel, Sawyer, Locke and Juliet are in the times of what Dharma were in their hayday (was it the 70's i don't know?)

It's going to explain alot of Richard and the others story (links with Lockes ep in s4 Cabin Fever) plus alot of the Dharma stuff. A baby in the opening scene....the last baby born on the island?

& far as Claire goes heavy **** again, who knows what'll happen with that jacob/cabin/claire/christian gimmick

----------------------

Ter i've been reading the fuselage alot and apparently dying in the past won't affect (say "frogurt") from living his normal life up until he time travels

----------------------------

however i've struggled to get why the island moves phyiscally even with time travel

• SI Staff
A baby in the opening scene....the last baby born on the island?

Charlotte? It has been implied she was born on has been on the island before and she speaks korean seemingly unexplainedly, maybe she was adopted by Chang/Wickman/Candle/Halliwax or something?

Not necessarily, as I think the island will have to stop teleporting through time eventually. Otherwise, it would not have disappeared when it did at the end of the last series if you get me. If it never stops jumping through time, eventually it will exist at every single point in time.

EDIT: This is in reply to Ters "can't he just wait in the Orchid until it eventually gets to the right time"

• SI Staff
Not necessarily, as I think the island will have to stop teleporting through time eventually. Otherwise, it would not have disappeared when it did at the end of the last series if you get me. If it never stops jumping through time, eventually it will exist at every single point in time.

The Oceanic 6 are the islands constants and reuniting them will stop the skipping perhaps

Plus if Lost pays attention to Stephen Hawkings/Einstein/String theory's theory on time travel , you cannot travel back to before the time machine was built. Now if the time machine is that wheel that Ben pushed to 'move' the island, then the island cannot go back to the time shown with Faraday and the trainig video dude, as that was only just when they discovered the energy source for the time travel.

Plus if Lost pays attention to Stephen Hawkings/Einstein/String theory's theory on time travel , you cannot travel back to before the time machine was built. Now if the time machine is that wheel that Ben pushed to 'move' the island, then the island cannot go back to the time shown with Faraday and the trainig video dude, as that was only just when they discovered the energy source for the time travel.

hang on, whilst lost aint going to apply to those rules aren't you contradicting a bit, who knows when the wheel was built

The wheel is clearly in the x-ray thing they took of the rock so it was there before Dharma was, I think Ter is right in that Faraday, Locke, Sawyer etc will eventually travel back in time to when Dharma are building the Orchid and Faraday will go undercover, it was a flash forward.

Faraday said they could go forward and back in time but could never change what happens.

hang on, whilst lost aint going to apply to those rules aren't you contradicting a bit, who knows when the wheel was built

Well it was clearly after the scene with Daniel underground, as they hadn't even excavated half the Orchid yet. So unless a time travel wheel was built by cavemen, it was built after that event :D

Well it was clearly after the scene with Daniel underground, as they hadn't even excavated half the Orchid yet. So unless a time travel wheel was built by cavemen, it was built after that event :D

It was visible in the ultrasound, plus candle wouldn't let them go any further once they found it.

The wheel is clearly in the x-ray thing they took of the rock so it was there before Dharma was, I think Ter is right in that Faraday, Locke, Sawyer etc will eventually travel back in time to when Dharma are building the Orchid and Faraday will go undercover, it was a flash forward.

Faraday said they could go forward and back in time but could never change what happens.

you must be missing something, they already have, the end of the episode shows this

Well it was clearly after the scene with Daniel underground, as they hadn't even excavated half the Orchid yet. So unless a time travel wheel was built by cavemen, it was built after that event

erm this is what i was getting at, it was built by "cavemen", i think it's been used before, then hidden. The Incident will be a time spillage/the whole thing with two clone rabbits

• SI Staff

It will be interesting to see who Daniel's mother is that Desmond is going to try and find. I was thinking the old lady from the end of the episode but that wouldn't make much sense as I don't think they were in Oxford.

She "died". In quote marks because she still walks around and talks to people. Last seen with her Dad: Christian Shepherd/Jacob.

What the hell are you talking about? Claire never died. The last time she was seen outside of Jacob's cabin was when she got up and wandered off with Christian in the middle of the night. That doesn't make her "dead".

Archived