World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

2010-2011 season, I decide to have a glance at the transfer list. I look at the players at the top of the list and see an insane 21 year old at Real Madrid that I've never heard of, with a generated face. "Man, how did I miss this guy!" I wondered, so I look at his history only to see he didn't even seem to exist before this season, and Real Madrid got him for free!

I feel that this has somewhat ruined my game, or makes it feel weird at least. I wouldn't mind him being generated as an insane youngster and eventually turning 21, but being generated at this age seems odd. Has this happened in anyone else's game? Just a freak occurence?

Regens from inactive leagues are generated at an older age than those from active leagues - I'd only guess it's to ensure you don't steal their best teenagers, but I'm not totally sure.

After being generated, Real Madrid have noticed it and picked him up.

Anybody care to clarify this?

It's called a regen. After a while, regens are generated by the computer.

I know what a regen is, but they're supposed to appear as youngsters when another player retires. This player is a "FRED" as SI call them, which can be generated by the engine at any time. I've just never seen a FRED generate so old with such good atts.

ViperK1 explained it in his first sentence about inactive leagues having older players just popping up. Theres basically no way to stop this unless you scout all the time but even then its hard. Theres another post on the same topic where someone has looked into it a bit further. Its annoying but you cant always get the wonderkids.

I know what a regen is, but they're supposed to appear as youngsters when another player retires. This player is a "FRED" as SI call them, which can be generated by the engine at any time. I've just never seen a FRED generate so old with such good atts.

No, newgens don't appear when another player retires - that was the old system. Newgens have no correlation with retired players.

I've noticed this before but never bothered me, I just assume that the player has come through the youth team in an inactive league and so would only appear when he becomes good enough to play in the first team. I'd rather have itthis way , popping up at 19/20 years of age and decent than have the DB saturated with sub standard youth player from the lesser nations.

Regen's from active leagues pops in the game at the age of 14-15 usually.

Regen's from inactive leagues pops in the game at the age of 19-21 usually.

Not many 14 or even 15-year olds; most regen kids start aged 16 or 17.

Regarding the latter, do they still appear on the same date that regens appear when the league is active, or can they pop up at any time?

Not many 14 or even 15-year olds; most regen kids start aged 16 or 17.

Regarding the latter, do they still appear on the same date that regens appear when the league is active, or can they pop up at any time?

In Brazil they appear in the game at the age of 14-15.

j7xmyq.jpg

As far as i know all regen's appear it a specific times all depend on what league they play in but i could be wrong.

Brazilian regen's appear at 1st January every season. (same month the state championship starts)

2010-2011 season, I decide to have a glance at the transfer list. I look at the players at the top of the list and see an insane 21 year old at Real Madrid that I've never heard of, with a generated face. "Man, how did I miss this guy!" I wondered, so I look at his history only to see he didn't even seem to exist before this season, and Real Madrid got him for free!

I feel that this has somewhat ruined my game, or makes it feel weird at least. I wouldn't mind him being generated as an insane youngster and eventually turning 21, but being generated at this age seems odd. Has this happened in anyone else's game? Just a freak occurence?

Wow, have Hungary ever produced a player of that quality ever???

Haha! What are you talking about, if you had your scouts watching places you would pick these guys up as well. The AI have no advantage in this department, they cannot see anything extra that you can't.

That is not strictly true is it? do you really think that the AI uses scouts, that it cannot see hidden stats? Of course it can, it wouldn't suprise me one bit of a new player was made that all the AI teams immediatly knew about them. Scouting is not a done thing for AI teams. I thought most people would realise this.

yeah, this is ludicrous and in my opinion constitutes as AI cheating basically

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84121

What a load of rubbish. I've already had a player like this generated in my youth team so how can it possibly constitute the AI cheating?

It has been a problem in previous games that wonderkid regens were non existant. If you played a long term game in FM08 then you would get to the point where there were no good players younger than about 24. There were plenty of players with high PA, but they all started off with such low CA that it took a long time for them to develop to the point where they could play in the first team squad of a top class team.

I for one am glad to see this is no longer the case and that you can now get wonderkids appearing in the game from time to time.

What a load of rubbish. I've already had a player like this generated in my youth team so how can it possibly constitute the AI cheating?

It has been a problem in previous games that wonderkid regens were non existant. If you played a long term game in FM08 then you would get to the point where there were no good players younger than about 24. There were plenty of players with high PA, but they all started off with such low CA that it took a long time for them to develop to the point where they could play in the first team squad of a top class team.

I for one am glad to see this is no longer the case and that you can now get wonderkids appearing in the game from time to time.

you either completely missed my point or you're making that up. did you get a 18-21 rege automatically generated into your youth team that had a high CA for free and was 'automagically' valued high in terms of £? if so, then you too are benefitting from something that simply should not happen

if you mean you got a wonderkid in terms of high PA generated into your youth team, that is fine. by all means hurrah!

but, the fact that AI teams 'automatically' are aware of, and get a hold of players with a high CA and even higher PA within a month of their existence in the game for FREE is CHEATING. because why would the players original teams let the players go for free when they are obviously world class? is that realistic?

i hope i don't need to point out the simple extension of the problem here linked to the existence of the bojan bugs with AI teams letting their talent go for free, again.

you either completely missed my point or you're making that up. did you get a 18-21 rege automatically generated into your youth team that had a high CA for free and was 'automagically' valued high in terms of £? if so, then you too are benefitting from something that simply should not happen

if you mean you got a wonderkid in terms of high PA generated into your youth team, that is fine. by all means hurrah!

but, the fact that AI teams 'automatically' are aware of, and get a hold of players with a high CA and even higher PA within a month of their existence in the game for FREE is CHEATING. because why would the players original teams let the players go for free when they are obviously world class? is that realistic?

i hope i don't need to point out the simple extension of the problem here linked to the existence of the bojan bugs with AI teams letting their talent go for free, again.

I'm sorry I may have mistook your point and assumed you were referring to the fact that regens being generated with high CA's is cheating rather than the fact that they are released on a free by their clubs. That you're correct about, it is a bug (it's still not the same as the AI being programmed to cheat as you suggest though, it's simply a bug).

So in conclusion, some high CA regens are perfectly acceptable and needed to keep the game realistic in the long term. However, these players should not be simply released by clubs for no reason. I don't have a problem with the big clubs spotting these talented players though, most big clubs have extensive scouting networks in real life and generally do spot extremely talented youngsters early on.

Actually, I don't think the problem is they get them for free per se. I think this is an extension of the Bojan thing: teams just releasing these wonderkids on free transfers. Snapped up a great young Irish goalkeeper for Rotherham this way. :D

I'm sorry I may have mistook your point and assumed you were referring to the fact that regens being generated with high CA's is cheating rather than the fact that they are released on a free by their clubs. That you're correct about, it is a bug (it's still not the same as the AI being programmed to cheat as you suggest though, it's simply a bug).

So in conclusion, some high CA regens are perfectly acceptable and needed to keep the game realistic in the long term. However, these players should not be simply released by clubs for no reason. I don't have a problem with the big clubs spotting these talented players though, most big clubs have extensive scouting networks in real life and generally do spot extremely talented youngsters early on.

sorry, i've been in a sensationalist mood recently. i don't really have that much of a gripe with the 'spotting' them aspect either, infact thinking over it, it's probably a good thing because in previous FMs i'd find long term games essentially pointless because AI would never assemble a squad half as good as mine so an improved scouting / transfer / squad composition ability for them would be nice.

sorry, i've been in a sensationalist mood recently. i don't really have that much of a gripe with the 'spotting' them aspect either, infact thinking over it, it's probably a good thing because in previous FMs i'd find long term games essentially pointless because AI would never assemble a squad half as good as mine so an improved scouting / transfer / squad composition ability for them would be nice.

That makes two of us then :)

That's a good point actually, AI teams actually picking up useful young players is a nice change from '08. As you said though, these players should never just be released on a free for no apparent reason. If they're not picked up they will simply retire and we'll be back to having no high CA regens :(

this bug with regens in non-playable leagues is more perplexing than already existing wonderkid types in my opinion, because i can see how the bojan / wilshere bug could possibly happen / be fixed, in that perhaps teams only value CA and don't take PA into account? and if they aren't in the first x options for their position, they are released, or something. of course why a team would let bojan go of his 4 year high paying contract i don't know, and how anyone could design such a thing and completely ignore PA wouldn't make sense either, so perhaps it's not that simple. with the regens though, they are obviously all by far the best player in their respective clubs so teams letting them free is utterly bizarre.

really don't want to wait til february/march to carry on my game :(

The OP has probably never played FM2006. The exact same thing happened. Inactive leagues produced regens with a CA of 160+ at the age of 20, but only sporadically. In FM2007/FM2008 inactively leagues produced regens aged 20 as well, but their CA was never better than 110 or so. By consequence they never reached their PA. After a while there was an inbalance, cause national teams from inactive leagues were usually a lot weaker.

In real life it can happen too that a superstar can come out of nowhere (if they play in a rather low-profile league).

I use a scout at the start of every transfer window/when i get new youngsters in to see if there are any insane players being generated. Playing with Rushden in league 1 at the moment so naturally I dont have a chance at signing them and thus use the tool to just let me see what sort of players are out there who I should keep an eye on should I make it to higher leagues. But so far after 2 1/2 seasons, I've not found a single player like this. They're all 16/17 and have average stats for kids. They'll no doubt grow into world beaters but never seen a player who was generated with killer attributes. Had one Korean player who turned up at 23 with 180 PA but he had a CA of 90, bit low for a 23yr old lol.

I'm sorry but it doesn't happen in real life. Yes there are players that can develop late, and only get found out by the time they are 20-21 years of age and go on to be genuine quality players.

But these are young adults with unbelievable stats. They already have world class stats, likely with the ability to become legendary players. In the current day and age of worldwide scouting networks someone with that kind of ability WILL get found by the time they are 16-18, I don't care where they come from (and if they come from an extremely remote footballing country I doubt that countries ability to produce and train players of that quality). To be that good with those kind of stats, there is no way known they would last that long in their respective leagues without a lot of attention from big clubs with extensive scout networks.

It might have happened 25 years ago, but not today.

The stats do not bother me - Messi was awesome by the time he was 18...Rooney was pretty darn good too...and Cristiano Ronaldo...

I have not seen the "Bojan bug" for quite a while but based on the comments it obviously exists...hope that, once fixed, that will sort peoples anxieties out.

Personally, I set my scouts to scout regions and that seems to work ok...and at present they never seem to return which is fine too...but I've not come across any "superwonderkids" yet.

He's complaining that it's not realistic for a 20 or 21-year old superplayer suddenly to appear and go to a club for free. The problem is the underlined text.

Isn't it because they are generated without a contract (because they're too old to be generated with a youth contract) and then they immediately think they're too good for the club and leave?

• 3 weeks later...

zaidbo4.th.jpg

same thing here.

appeared aged 20, went to galatasaray on a free from some saudi club and then inter bought him for about £8m.

its strange how these superwonderkids just appear. it obv does happen sometimes but this has to be more of a coincidence

No I didn't get him. He had no desire to join and I couldn't afford his wages anyway. Nobody else seems to be interested so maybe next season....

And no disrespect to Kevin Phillips et al, but this guy is just a bit better!

when this guy scores 30 league goals in a season and wins the european golden boot then he consider himself in roughly the same stratosphere as the only englishman ever to win the award, kevin phillips.

there was a massive experiment based on long term games and the amount of world class or player's with a high PA appearing and it was low, to keep the game stable i think we need more world class regenerated freds coming threw. may be one day they can make regen Margrets too too

Archived