question about getting a new job

I started out as Man City, played through a season and won the domestic treble so fancied a new challenge. Halfway through the next season the Inter job came up so I applied for it, and got it with no problems.

Won the Champions League with Inter that year, then the Champions League and Serie A double the next year (first time I've ever retained the CL), so again I was looking towards pastures new.

I noticed Blackburn had just gotten relegated from the Premiership and still had most of their better players, so I applied for that and unsurprisingly got it. Took Blackburn back up with record points/goals scored totals and the next year thanks to some awesome free transfers (Hatem Ben Arfa and Alex Witsel chief amongst them) I was hovering in and around the top 6 come winter. This is when the Barcelona job came up...

Applied for it, and was rejected. "Oh well, no biggie" I thought, and carried on with Blackburn. Then successively I applied for Roma, Arsenal, Fiorentina, Lazio and Palermo and was rejected for each one. I've heard about other peoples troubles getting a new job, but having got the Inter job so easily I was surprised to be rejected by these teams, especially Lazio and Palermo. Did they not remember how I took an Inter side in disarray to back-to-back Champions League crowns?

So here's the question really: Was me getting the Inter job a complete fluke, and the top jobs are just REALLY hard to get no matter how successful you are, or is the algorithm deciding who gets the job heavily biased depending on the reputation of your current club?

well i started out at rangers, then got the tottenham job followed by Man City, I got sacked at city after 2 seasons for declaring my interesting in moving to arsenal when they showed interest. Arsenal offered me the job the next day. I would say as long as the team are interested in moving for you you will get the job. The arsenal job was the only one I applied for the other 2 offered me the position.

I started out as Man City, played through a season and won the domestic treble so fancied a new challenge. Halfway through the next season the Inter job came up so I applied for it, and got it with no problems.

Won the Champions League with Inter that year, then the Champions League and Serie A double the next year (first time I've ever retained the CL), so again I was looking towards pastures new.

I noticed Blackburn had just gotten relegated from the Premiership and still had most of their better players, so I applied for that and unsurprisingly got it. Took Blackburn back up with record points/goals scored totals and the next year thanks to some awesome free transfers (Hatem Ben Arfa and Alex Witsel chief amongst them) I was hovering in and around the top 6 come winter. This is when the Barcelona job came up...

Applied for it, and was rejected. "Oh well, no biggie" I thought, and carried on with Blackburn. Then successively I applied for Roma, Arsenal, Fiorentina, Lazio and Palermo and was rejected for each one. I've heard about other peoples troubles getting a new job, but having got the Inter job so easily I was surprised to be rejected by these teams, especially Lazio and Palermo. Did they not remember how I took an Inter side in disarray to back-to-back Champions League crowns?

So here's the question really: Was me getting the Inter job a complete fluke, and the top jobs are just REALLY hard to get no matter how successful you are, or is the algorithm deciding who gets the job heavily biased depending on the reputation of your current club?

Despite your continued success, did you notice a drop in your reputation while you were managing Blackburn? Especially when you joined them in the Championship? This may be a reason for Barcelona's rejection. I don't think Inter's job offer was a fluke. It sounds like it was because you had a very successful time at Man City, in such a famous and competitive league such as the Premiership. Winning the league again should ensure Barcelona take more interest in you again in the near future. The trouble is, Barcelona have kept the same manager for 8 straight seasons, so I'm not sure how soon you will get another chance to manage them. I've given up waiting for that, so I'm waiting for "Wily old manager" Wenger to retire from Arsenal :D

Wenger actually left Arsenal in my game to go to inter, replaced him with claudio ranieri, wonder how popular that would be in real life lol

having never changed management or even tried to i wouldnt know much about this, i just know people keep offering me jobs i dont want and my board loves me more and more when i turn down the big clubs to stay lol

Archived