Wallys update

Hi Wally, great job with update. One of the best ones I have seen for many years here. One more final question from me re-Arsenal, "Samuel Galindo" has his WP been granted yet? I am only asking as it seems he has always been without a WP in FM2011. I wondered if anything had changed? Again thanks :-) Just checked Arsenals offical site seems he is on a season long loan "Galindo joins Gimnastic De Tarragona on loan" Can you fix in this in your final update? again thanks :-)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He doesn't as far as I know, neither does Joel Campbell or Wellington. Matej Delac at Chelsea doesn't have one either. Nor does that new youngster at Liverpool who got loaned to Dusseldorf the other day.

Wow didn't know that, and to think the gunners paid big money for Campbell if my memory serves me right, 15 mill I think and didn't even get a work permit. Am I right in the amount they paid for this youngster?

Wow didn't know that, and to think the gunners paid big money for Campbell if my memory serves me right, 15 mill I think and didn't even get a work permit. Am I right in the amount they paid for this youngster?

I think they paid £875,000 for him. They paid £15m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, well £12m + add-ons.

I just downloaded your great update that said was edited today. But when I read this thread I realise that you will present a new update tomorrow and that will be the last. Is the update that I downloaded today the same that will be released tomorrow? Or have I totally missed something :) ?

I just downloaded your great update that said was edited today. But when I read this thread I realise that you will present a new update tomorrow and that will be the last. Is the update that I downloaded today the same that will be released tomorrow? Or have I totally missed something :) ?

Yes tomorrows update will be different mate with fixes and updates i missed from last night etc

Theres been 1000's of pa/ca changes. Welbeck if played on the game now will score goals, for example a friend of mine had him score 7 in 7 on loan for newcastle in the prem. Lots of people like Cleverly also boosted Jones, Smalling. But i would say most teams in England have something done, from youngsters like Frimpong to people like Matt Jarvis, Darren Bent Grant Holt Scott Sinclair. Loads of changes like i said. In all leagues. Craig McCail Smith, Will Buckley Ryan Lowe, Emile Sinclair..Adam le fondre. Theres so many. Foreign Youngsters done too from performances in u17's u21's etc. And lots of decreases too to people like Rosicky Obi Mikel Squilachi theres hundreds of decreases too. Theres so many i cant list them all, just have to play the game and see what I've done tbh m8.

Ok great cheers Pav I'll do that when the final update comes out tomorrow.

Having reviewed the Arsenal data in 1.5 I must say you gentlemen have done a fine job.

In my opinion the Arsenal data is far more accurate the official SI database and completely playable now.

There is very little I feel compelled to change. Here are the generally minor alterations I will be making to my game. I believe they are a fair reflection of the current status of the squad and recommend you consider adopting them

I also have some feelings on the ratings of youth and reserve players but as it is so hard to analyze them I will keep those changes to myself for now.

Laurent Koscielny

Strength (-3) 11

Passing (+4) 12

Determination (-1) 15

Concentration (-2) 13

Decisions (-2) 11

A lot of Arsenal fans admire Koscielny because he is composed on the ball and uses it very well, one of the highest pass completion rates in the Premier League, is technically sound and a great tackler, reads the game very well and has had excellent games against small mobile forwards.

What they are less willing to admit is that also has weaknesses. His primary weakness is physical strength, as he conceded this fact when joining the club. http://goonertalk.com/2010/07/08/koscielny-reveals-his-strengths-and-weaknesses/

Koscielny gets physically dominated by powerful forwards. His strength is overrated and should be reduced; he has been working on it since joining us and visibly improving his strength but it is till poor for a centre back.

He also suffers from lapses in concentration questionable decision making.

He has not demonstrated exceptional determination.

I agree your decision to downgrade his CA by 4 but the right attributes need to be lowered.

Manuel Almunia

CA (-8) 136

CR (-10) 126

HR (-10) 125

WR (-10) 105

Concentration (-4) 10

Consistency (-3) 9

Still regarded as Arsenal's number one goalkeeper in the game but actually 4th choice at Arsenal who been trying to offload him for two transfer windows but no other club is interested.

His poor concentration and consistency has cost Arsenal countless goals. These changes also help stop the AI from picking him.

Johan Djourou

CA (-5) 140

PA (-10) 156

CR (-10) 140

HR (-10) 137

WR (-10) 95

Positioning (-1) 13

Marking (-3) 11

Bravery (-2) 12

Aggression (-2) 12

Strength (-2) 14

A after in encouraging start least season Djourou’s defending has become shambolic. He is unable to mark his man and gets caught out of position. Djourou is not particularly brave or aggressive. I believe his strength is also overrated as he has a tendency to be shrugged off the ball by smaller men, as demonstrated by Danny Welbeck. Djourou is not only failing to improve but he is actually regressing suggesting he may have already reached his plateau and potential ability of 166 is far too high.

Jack Whilshere

CA (+2) 152

Influence (+5) 12

Jack has shown leadership qualities well beyond his years and easily one of the most influential players on the pitch in the ties against Barcelona and other big matches.

Showing all the signs of a future captain.

Aaron Ramsey

Influence (+5) 10

The youngest ever Wales captain suggests he is more influential than immediately apparent.

Marouane Chamakh

Teamwork (-3) 15

Work Rate (-3) 14

Off the ball (-2) (13)

Decisions (-1) 13

Anticipation (-2) 15

Passing (-2) 11

Concentration (-1) 13

First touch (-1) 14

Flair (-3) 10

Chamakh’s workrate was excellent in the first few months since joining the club but has failed to maintain it throughout the season.

That initial spark of energy has gone, he is working nowhere near as hard, looks lethargic and making mistakes. He is in no way a flair player.

Your CA drop of 15 is harsh probably about right.

Thomas Vermaelen

CA (+2) 158

CR (+5) 162

WR (+5) 139

Acceleration (+2) 14

Strength (+1) 15

Long Shots (+1) 14

Shoots with power

Shoots from distance

Thomas has established himself as a top quality Premier League defender.

His acceleration and strength are slightly underrated.

most importantly he needs the PPMs as he often shoots from distance and with power.

He is the only player in the squad who does try long shots.

Sébastien Squillaci

Concentration (-2) 13

Consistancy (-2) 11

Composure (-4) 12

Marking (-1) 15

Positioning (-1) 14

Anticipation (-1) 15

Agression (+1) 17

Teamwork (-1) 13

Crossing (-4) 6

First touch (-1) 10

Acceleration (-1) 11

Pace (-1) 12

Stamina (-2) 13

Dirtiness (+2) 13

Long Shots (-1) 8

Again I agree with your CA downgrade. Rather than leaving them random these are the attributes I would reduce having watched him play. 

Kyle Bartley

CA (+15) 127

Balance (+3) 14

Strength (+3) 15

Aggression (+6) 16

Passing (+3) 13

Heading (+1) 15

Jumping (+1) 16

Flair (+6) 10

Influance (+4) 12

Finishing (+3) 6

Tries long range passes

DM 14

CM 12

Of all the young Arsenal players coming through I rate Bartley the highest. Bartley is aggressive and physically immense, 6’4 powerful, good in the air and has decent pace for a player this size. He is good on the ball and likes to spray long passes from the back. Bartley still has a lot to learn when it comes defending. His positioning, anticipation and decision making are all low and he needs to tighten up his marking. If Bartley can master the tactical side of defending he will become an outstanding player. I also bumped his finishing a little because he spent much of his time in youth football as a striker. He has also started games for Rangers in midfield. One of the best players in the Rangers squad so 127 CA gives him at least a chance of getting picked.

Andrey Arshavin

CA (-4) 158

Work rate (-3) 7

Decisions (-2) 14

Influence (-4) 9

Acceleration (-1) 15

Pace (-1) 13

Stamina (-5) 9

Arshavin is a player on the decline. He can still be effective but can no longer influence the game for 90 minutes largely because he does not have the stamina.

This can also effect his decision making and he reduces his work rate to compensate.

Although Arshavin is probably still capable of moments of magic I would go a little bit further with the CA reduction you already started.

wally- one that's probably slipped under your radar, as with most other people:

Manchester United have 'parked' young goalkeeper Theo Defourny at partner club Royal Antwerp for the new season.

Former Olympique Lyon keeper Defourny had trials at Manchester United at the end of last season and did enough to be offered terms. But the youngster turned them down as he wanted first team football.

A compromise has been reached which will see the Belgium U19 international play with Antwerp with the view to eventually moving permanently to Old Trafford.

At Lyon the 19 year-old was third-choice keeper, working with coach and French legend Joel Bats.

Needs a permanent move to Antwerp, contract til 30.6.11 and give him a future transfer for 1.7.11 for £0.

Having reviewed the Arsenal data in 1.5 I must say you gentlemen have done a fine job. In my opinion the Arsenal data is far more accurate the official SI database and completely playable now. There is very little I feel compelled to change. Here are the generally minor alterations I will be making to my game. I believe they are a fair reflection of the current status of the squad and recommend you consider adopting themI also have some feelings on the ratings of youth and reserve players but as it is so hard to analyze them I will keep those changes to myself for now.Laurent KoscielnyStrength (-3) 11 Passing (+4) 12 Determination (-1) 15Concentration (-2) 13Decisions (-2) 11A lot of Arsenal fans admire Koscielny because he is composed on the ball and uses it very well, one of the highest pass completion rates in the Premier League, is technically sound and a great tackler, reads the game very well and has had excellent games against small mobile forwards.What they are less willing to admit is that also has weaknesses. His primary weakness is physical strength, as he conceded this fact when joining the club. http://goonertalk.com/2010/07/08/koscielny-reveals-his-strengths-and-weaknesses/Koscielny gets physically dominated by powerful forwards. His strength is overrated and should be reduced; he has been working on it since joining us and visibly improving his strength but it is till poor for a centre back. He also suffers from lapses in concentration questionable decision making. He has not demonstrated exceptional determination. I agree your decision to downgrade his CA by 4 but the right attributes need to be lowered.Manuel AlmuniaCA (-8) 136CR (-10) 126HR (-10) 125WR (-10) 105Concentration (-4) 10Consistency (-3) 9Still regarded as Arsenal's number one goalkeeper in the game but actually 4th choice at Arsenal who been trying to offload him for two transfer windows but no other club is interested. His poor concentration and consistency has cost Arsenal countless goals. These changes also help stop the AI from picking him.Johan DjourouCA (-5) 140PA (-10) 156CR (-10) 140HR (-10) 137WR (-10) 95Positioning (-1) 13Marking (-3) 11Bravery (-2) 12Aggression (-2) 12Strength (-2) 14A after in encouraging start least season Djourou’s defending has become shambolic. He is unable to mark his man and gets caught out of position. Djourou is not particularly brave or aggressive. I believe his strength is also overrated as he has a tendency to be shrugged off the ball by smaller men, as demonstrated by Danny Welbeck. Djourou is not only failing to improve but he is actually regressing suggesting he may have already reached his plateau and potential ability of 166 is far too high. Jack Whilshere CA (+2) 152Influence (+5) 12 Jack has shown leadership qualities well beyond his years and easily one of the most influential players on the pitch in the ties against Barcelona and other big matches. Showing all the signs of a future captain.Aaron RamseyInfluence (+5) 10 The youngest ever Wales captain suggests he is more influential than immediately apparent.Marouane ChamakhTeamwork (-3) 15Work Rate (-3) 14Off the ball (-2) (13)Decisions (-1) 13Anticipation (-2) 15Passing (-2) 11Concentration (-1) 13First touch (-1) 14Flair (-3) 10Chamakh’s workrate was excellent in the first few months since joining the club but has failed to maintain it throughout the season. That initial spark of energy has gone, he is working nowhere near as hard, looks lethargic and making mistakes. He is in no way a flair player. Your CA drop of 15 is harsh probably about right.Thomas VermaelenCA (+2) 158CR (+5) 162WR (+5) 139Acceleration (+2) 14Strength (+1) 15Long Shots (+1) 14Shoots with powerShoots from distanceThomas has established himself as a top quality Premier League defender. His acceleration and strength are slightly underrated.most importantly he needs the PPMs as he often shoots from distance and with power. He is the only player in the squad who does try long shots.Sébastien SquillaciConcentration (-2) 13Consistancy (-2) 11Composure (-4) 12Marking (-1) 15Positioning (-1) 14Anticipation (-1) 15Agression (+1) 17Teamwork (-1) 13Crossing (-4) 6First touch (-1) 10Acceleration (-1) 11Pace (-1) 12Stamina (-2) 13Dirtiness (+2) 13Long Shots (-1) 8Again I agree with your CA downgrade. Rather than leaving them random these are the attributes I would reduce having watched him play. Kyle BartleyCA (+15) 127Balance (+3) 14Strength (+3) 15Aggression (+6) 16Passing (+3) 13Heading (+1) 15 Jumping (+1) 16Flair (+6) 10Influance (+4) 12Finishing (+3) 6Tries long range passesDM 14CM 12Of all the young Arsenal players coming through I rate Bartley the highest. Bartley is aggressive and physically immense, 6’4 powerful, good in the air and has decent pace for a player this size. He is good on the ball and likes to spray long passes from the back. Bartley still has a lot to learn when it comes defending. His positioning, anticipation and decision making are all low and he needs to tighten up his marking. If Bartley can master the tactical side of defending he will become an outstanding player. I also bumped his finishing a little because he spent much of his time in youth football as a striker. He has also started games for Rangers in midfield. One of the best players in the Rangers squad so 127 CA gives him at least a chance of getting picked.Andrey Arshavin CA (-4) 158Work rate (-3) 7Decisions (-2) 14Influence (-4) 9Acceleration (-1) 15Pace (-1) 13Stamina (-5) 9Arshavin is a player on the decline. He can still be effective but can no longer influence the game for 90 minutes largely because he does not have the stamina. This can also effect his decision making and he reduces his work rate to compensate. Although Arshavin is probably still capable of moments of magic I would go a little bit further with the CA reduction you already started.
Cheers mate some good info here , im sure pav will take not

And guys i cant promise the final db will be out at dinner, it all depends on when i get file back of pav as he as plenty of changes to do, im hoping its dinner but it might be later, with it been final db we want it as perfect as possible so we wont be rushing

And guys i cant promise the final db will be out at dinner, it all depends on when i get file back of pav as he as plenty of changes to do, im hoping its dinner but it might be later, with it been final db we want it as perfect as possible so we wont be rushing

Damn. Was hoping to time it for today so it'd all be done. Ah well. Gives me something to look forward to for tomorrow!

Arsenal new squad numbers.

4 – Per Mertesacker

8 – Mikel Arteta

9 – Park Chu Young

11 – Andre Santos

30 – Yossi Benayoun

49 – Ignasi Miquel (was 48)

55 – Sanchez Watt

Youths with new squad numbers [nice but not vital]

38 – George Brislen-Hall

47 – Sean McDermott

48 – Jernade Meade

50 – Rhys Murphy (was 49)

51 – Nigel Neita

53 – Oguzhan Ozyakup

56 – Nicholas Yennaris (was 58)

57 – Martin Angha

58 – Kyle Ebecilio

60 – Elton Monteiro

can you use this update with the start in may 2011 db

and with the injury file when i download it goes straight to an open notepad file not given the option to save etc

looking great work guys thanks for all your time and effort

You can but you would need to remove all the promotions and relegation's that have been set. So you would need to put QPR, Swansea and Norwich back in the Championship and West ham, Birmingham and Blackpool back in the Prem. This is so the set fixtures/results in the may 2011 db work so the table is correct at the end of the season. You will need to do this for most major leagues. England down to about BSN/BSS, Scotland down to 3, and the top 2 divisions in most top European leagues. I did it on the v7 database, took me quite a while.

Do you think something should be done with sandro? His attributes are fine I think, but he always starts off in the reserves, loan listed, and never gets played. I think he's quite a big player for Harry now, he was excellent towards the end of last season. Does his reputation need to be raised maybe?

Si should seriously think about employing people such as wally13 and metal guitarist etc as data editors (a paid job) because they always do such a good job yet they do it for free (im not brown nosing or sucking up to them because i honestly dont know them) but maybe they could work for si in some capacity. :)

Si should seriously think about employing people such as wally13 and metal guitarist etc as data editors (a paid job) because they always do such a good job yet they do it for free (im not brown nosing or sucking up to them because i honestly dont know them) but maybe they could work for si in some capacity. :)

Its shameful brown nosing. But why stop there?.. do it for me...SI...Employ all the people who do all the player ability changes. Oh yeh thats just me ;)

Do you think something should be done with sandro? His attributes are fine I think, but he always starts off in the reserves, loan listed, and never gets played. I think he's quite a big player for Harry now, he was excellent towards the end of last season. Does his reputation need to be raised maybe?

I do think something should be done. Good call.

i just installed the patch there noticed matt mckay is not in the rangers team.rangers signed him from brisbane rear.its fantastic what youre doing guys hopefully you get everything will be done in next couple of days so i can get right into the game :)

You can but you would need to remove all the promotions and relegation's that have been set. So you would need to put QPR, Swansea and Norwich back in the Championship and West ham, Birmingham and Blackpool back in the Prem. This is so the set fixtures/results in the may 2011 db work so the table is correct at the end of the season. You will need to do this for most major leagues. England down to about BSN/BSS, Scotland down to 3, and the top 2 divisions in most top European leagues. I did it on the v7 database, took me quite a while.

thanks for that

Wally missed a couple of things, but its nick picking really.Cba now, 3 1/2hrs sleep in 48 hrs and too much coffee. I sent you the file. If anyone has any final ca/pa changes or request you have spotted while playing the latest version please let me know in here. Just done the u20 world cup players so thats all youth tournaments covered now and copa america. Anways. Changes...go 4 it :)

Oh @ djvandyke... One hell of a post and thanks for saying were better than SI. lol. I took everything you said on board i havent done every request specifically as far as attributes but did do a few attribute changes and done all the pa/ca changes you wanted, quality stuff.

And Wally one more thing .... Can you do the request by sheep of the individual attribute changes to Cleverly. Thanks m8. Slipped my mind.

Feedback looks impressive on this update Wally :) Been looking for a good summer DB transfer update, and this might prove to be just the one. Looking forward to the update you'll be releasing today.

Hope this can integrated into the update mate:

"Manchester United today posted record operating profits of £110.9million for the past financial year. The club have also recorded a record revenue of £334.1m."

Archived