players unhappy with training schedule

Hi all

I've got a few players that are "unhappy with current training schedule", but most my squad are happy. I have them set to light workload, so not overdoing them. Have tried to retrain them, but that doesn't help. And also tried to increase to medium workload- but no luck again.

Most of them are my better players, so I though that they may be hungry to learn more; hence the changes.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm supposed to do to get them happy?

Cheers

Hi all

I've got a few players that are "unhappy with current training schedule", but most my squad are happy. I have them set to light workload, so not overdoing them. Have tried to retrain them, but that doesn't help. And also tried to increase to medium workload- but no luck again.

Most of them are my better players, so I though that they may be hungry to learn more; hence the changes.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm supposed to do to get them happy?

Cheers

Yes. I think you may have one or two individual categories on too high a setting, even though the total workload isn't that much.

Don't ask me why it's done like this but I noticed it in FM 2008 and it's the same for 09.

Take a look at my CentreBack schedule below.

arsenal2rh1.th.jpg

Notice that the highest setting is for Defensive is not that high?

Now look at my CentreBackLight schedule.

arsenal3fs2.th.jpg

Everything is one click down, and all players unhappy with the first are happy with the second.

Basically, you cannot set any category higher than the setting I have Defensive on for players that are unhappy. For goalies it's different though, you can have them on a few High's if you want.

If I didn't explain too well, ask.

Thanks. But your settings are actually quite a lot higher than mine. Got all my players on a light regime pretty much. I have tried increasing it, hoping it may be them wanting to train more, but that didn't work.

Where do you see professionalism? Have looked at the stats, but on 2 of the players the lowest one is 13ish. Confused.....

Thanks. But your settings are actually quite a lot higher than mine. Got all my players on a light regime pretty much. I have tried increasing it, hoping it may be them wanting to train more, but that didn't work.

Where do you see professionalism? Have looked at the stats, but on 2 of the players the lowest one is 13ish. Confused.....

Oh in that case they may wish MORE training lol. I don't know because that has never happened to me, sorry.

Professionalism is a hidden attribute. You can look at it through an editor or in the game database.

Could it be possible that players with above 10 Professionalism are complaining about too little training?

EDIT - You said "I have tried increasing it, hoping it may be them wanting to train more, but that didn't work." How long did you keep them on the increasing training schedule before deciding they were unhappy with it? It takes about 2 weeks for them to say they are happy now. Also, maybe you increased it, but not enough for them to be happy.

I left it about 4 weeks, and no change. Just starting a new season, and decided to increase the schedule by quite a bit.... and now everyone is happy!!! WOW..... players that actually want to train. I do have quite a "determined" squad, so maybe that helps....

On another note- how many Brazilians do you think is too many? I currently have 8, and am looking at another. I run a first team squad of approx 20. I just cant seem to get the talent for same money elsewhere really. Find the odd gem from Denmark / spain etc- but mostly brazil. Do you ever encounter similar??

cheers for you help by the way

I left it about 4 weeks, and no change. Just starting a new season, and decided to increase the schedule by quite a bit.... and now everyone is happy!!! WOW..... players that actually want to train. I do have quite a "determined" squad, so maybe that helps....

On another note- how many Brazilians do you think is too many? I currently have 8, and am looking at another. I run a first team squad of approx 20. I just cant seem to get the talent for same money elsewhere really. Find the odd gem from Denmark / spain etc- but mostly brazil. Do you ever encounter similar??

cheers for you help by the way

You're welcome. I learnt something new (too little training makes players unhappy as well) lol. Maybe determination is a factor as well. My test only consisted of increasing Van Persie's Professionalism to 10, and then he was happy with my normal senior training instead of the light version. I never tested for other things.

There's no such thing as too many Brazilians?? LOL. I don't know the answer to that really. :-)

There's a lot of good Brazilians in my game too yeah.

Things that matter on this:

- Overall workload.

- Professionalism, Ambition, and maybe Determination. These can all be improved by tutoring (you need a good tutor though)

- Specific workload. Some players like to train on one thing but not on another. E.g. I have a very technical and weak youngster who hates Strength training. I had to decrease Strength training, but that allowed me to increase something else, so that overall workload remained the same.

Archived