Best way to improove Young ones?

Hey All!

Anyways, the way I tend to play these football management games is to get my teams youthful, young talented players and build them up to glory.

While in FM09 I find this harder than other games I am still having ok success at getting good young players in to the team and improve a little.

So I am wondering, with the 17-18 year old that you know are going to be descent, how do you play them? In reserves, bringing them up to seniors once in a while? Never in first squad? First team only for your favorites or what?

Do you loan them out?

Personally i loan youngstars out untill i think they are decent enough for the 1st team, then i usually play them in the " should win " games

like if i was Rangers i would play Fleck against Hamilton and the like

or if i was Spurs then i would play my youngstars in the fa cup against the league 1 sides or whoever you draw

dependin on how good they are, you could play them in some premiership games

thats what i do anyway, usually works :D

Depends on each player. I usually have some old players with good mental stats around to tutor the young ones. After tutoring, i loan them to clubs that can use them on the first team so that they get games and improve even more. Unless they're REALLY good, they only start playing on my teams when they're 21 or 22.

I loan out as many as I can but only if the team taking them says they will be used in the first team, not as backup. If they want them for backup I feel they're better off in my res team where they'll get heaps more game time.

Also create heaps of friendlies for the reserve team. My reserves sometimes go 2 weeks between matches so a tour of another country gets 4 games in, and having the games close together means that the whole team will get play time, whereas when there's enough time to recover between games only the top 11-15 players get used.

I also go by the AstMan ratings, 1-2 stars for CA and they're not ready. 3 stars will get them into easy games and 4 stars plus and they're in the first team. I do have two 18 yr olds with only 2 stars in the first team, one seems to be making the grade, the other is about to get dropped.

I personally find I just have to bite the bullet and put them into my first team. I don't ever find the occasional game here and there helps them unless they are maybe still 17.

Look out for their ratings in first 1/2 games, if they manage above 7 then just keep them there because they'll probably keep it up. If they are in the low 6's move them elsewhere for a while.

Btw , how is potential determined for very young players getting sligtly older?

Archived