Game/cd license

A guy at work today told me that if you buy the game, then it allows you to register it on more then one system?

Is this true? And if so, would I be able to install and register on my friends pc - and then play him online?

Thanks in advance. I did search but couldnt seem to find the answer.

Guest mikeytwigge

yes its true you get 5 different computers you can register it on. However you could not put it on tour mates computer as that would break piracy laws. Its only if you wnted to put it on your desktop and laptop that the extra seats are for

Every person need there own copy! When you install the game and activate it, it takes a snapshot of your computer and others (you can have 5 installs) you install it on! It wouldnt be too hard for SI to see that 2 registered computers are playing the same game at the same time and remove one!

The person who buys the game can install it on a PC maximum 5 times, but this has to be pc's of the person (the person who buys it must own all these pc's) who buys is (eg. laptop of work, home pc). All other install will violate the EULA.

So each induvidual must own his/her own copy of the game.

Interrestingly - whats to stop you installing the game on two pcs THAT YOU OWN, and then letting a mate use that computer?

Just throwing that one out there, i never play online so its rather irrelavent for me.

Ahem it depends how long you lend it him for, Its one of them thats open to interpration. If I lend a mate my old laptop i make sure they dont have access to any software Ive paid for. Not that thats much apart from FM:)

What if your mate came to your house to play it daily, and you had it installed on two PCs, both your own? Or if you have two PCs, but let your brother use the other one so you can play network?

Wouldn't both scenarios be violative?

That is illegal unfortunately as far as I know.

Well maybe just for FM cuz for other games it is not. I've played Crysis and SimCity for example and i asked on their forums if it was illegal sharing the same copy with my brother. They answered no so i think it applies to every game and not just for crysis and simcity

Well maybe just for FM cuz for other games it is not. I've played Crysis and SimCity for example and i asked on their forums if it was illegal sharing the same copy with my brother. They answered no so i think it applies to every game and not just for crysis and simcity

Its been asked before & one of the SI guys said it was illegal iirc. I'm sure they'll let you off though as its not that serious an offense really :p

Its been asked before & one of the SI guys said it was illegal iirc. I'm sure they'll let you off though as its not that serious an offense really :p

That is weird...different companies have different rules? I don't get it really. If it works that way for FM then it sucks. I have 3 computers at home 2 of them (laptops) are mine. Both have FM installed but 1 is for me to play the other one's for my bro.

What your'e trying to say is that i've bought a copy with 1 license to use with 5 computers (that have to be mine for FM to be installed) but i cannot let anyone touch them? Lol at this if it is truth.

What if..for example i installed FM on my dads pc but i do play on it. Is it illegal? What if i say that my dad gave me the money to buy FM (making the copy his copy) Am i playing illegal cuz it was him buying it? There's so much if's around this issue i don't think there's a lawyer around to explain this.

Archived