Razor Tactic: a very consistent diamond tactic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
razor, if i want to play 442 with ur tactics, should i change anything else other than the amc and dmc position?

like adding farrow & barrow?

A good question, never tried this setup with a flat 442, I'd give it a try whithout touching anything apart from what you said.

Let me know if it has some consistency.

I'm going to post some results showing my Razor tactic in action to better understand which version it's better to use for every match.

Hibernian-Dundee United (I'm Dundee), I'm going to use my classic away tactic, Razor 1.1 (no tweaks before or during the match).

2546678500103394562S500x500Q85.jpg

As you see a quite dominated match with seven clear cut chances for me and 57% in posession.

Ok it doesn't go always so well :D!

However I'm in my 3rd season and I'm topping the table with 8 W 1 D 0 L

Hey, Higgins,

I downloaded both tactics from your blog and both have the same mixed mentality and counter attacking for both Razor 1.0 and 1.1. Is that what you meant? Because I thought 1.0 was supposed to be the more attacking of the two.

Thanks

Hey, Higgins,

I downloaded both tactics from your blog and both have the same mixed mentality and counter attacking for both Razor 1.0 and 1.1. Is that what you meant? Because I thought 1.0 was supposed to be the more attacking of the two.

Thanks

Yes 1.0 is the more attacking of the two, but not much more attacking...they're quite similar cause I don't like to unbalance too much my system of play, but Razor 1.1 is better for your away match.

This time a champions league match, I'm playing the group stage, away vs. Viking, I'm not favourite, so I can't help using Razor 1.1 (no tweaks at all)

Did you like to destroy your opponent? :cool:

2911578000103394562S600x600Q85.jpg

I know these games. In my recent match I've won 4-0 against Werder Bremen away, they were even favourites :D

Damn nice results !! I can't get those results with my barca :(

i use the tactics exaclty like u said, but it doesnt work or me that well .

im going to try it with a other team .

Right stiker is the 'Target man like' striker and left one is the finisher right ?

Btw im playing with patch 9.1.0

I saw on a screenshot that you used Nihat as your target man? You have to use a strong one in the right striker role. And in home games don't use a TM. Give it time, I had games were I won 1 out of 7 or so, but that was because my players had to gel together and to the tactic, I gave it time. I recommend you to do the same. Trust me.

EDIT: Also an assman with +18 motivating and 11-16 level of discipline will do a good job for your teamtalks. Helped me alot

Right stiker is the 'Target man like' striker and left one is the finisher right ?

Yes, it's very strange this doesn't work for Barca, it's true that I developed it for small/average team, but I know that other guys are doing well with top teams. :confused:

no it was for exsample ( nihat ) i'm using proymabrok or something like that :p from zenit.

but i will start a new competetion now , and give it time, i will play with feyenoord rotterdam.

going to buy lewandowski as right striker .

but thx for ur tips :)

Lewandowski is decent for me, coming from the bench. But I wouldn't recommend him to play as a first team player as it's too early for him. I'd look for a player with +15 strength and jumping instead. But that's just my opinion ;)

Lewandowski is decent for me, coming from the bench. But I wouldn't recommend him to play as a first team player as it's too early for him. I'd look for a player with +15 strength and jumping instead. But that's just my opinion ;)

Load all players from Slovenia than look for Dalibor Volas, I know that his stats are not so impressive but believe me, just buy him and let him be your right striker!

Load all players from Slovenia than look for Dalibor Volas, I know that his stats are not so impressive but believe me, just buy him and let him be your right striker!

lol indeed he's a monster. I once had him in FM08 and he's just a beast. Everything other crap, but in the air he's incredible and that's enough for him to score goals, strange enough :D

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/afd397baba9b6016f24b27d88482003d.jpg

Bought him , but i think he is to weak, it will be my back up.

hopefully is your striker suggsetion in my game . going to look for him now

its dutch but jumping and strenght

are both 19

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/068cd496eca394f9b2d66da3b0543515.jpg

This is my new target man, i think he is good enough

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/afd397baba9b6016f24b27d88482003d.jpg

Bought him , but i think he is to weak, it will be my back up.

hopefully is your striker suggsetion in my game . going to look for him now

its dutch but jumping and strenght

are both 19

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/068cd496eca394f9b2d66da3b0543515.jpg

This is my new target man, i think he is good enough

Well that Tuyp seems to be really good, should do the job

for you.

Kroos, bastian schweinsteiger and Bojan in 3rd season????

Hummm

Yes. Bojan was free. Schweini cost me 1,5 mil + 6mil on 1st appearance. Kroos 1,5mil + 5 at 1st appearance. So we had to pay just 1,5 mil before the first game arrived.

EDIT: I was lucky I qualified for the europe league through the fairplay drawing though:D

Another away match for my Dundee side, this time I'm heavy favourite but I'm not so confident cause they're goin to build some barricade to stop me and I need to rest some of my best players.

I'm still going to use my Razor 1.1 but this time I'm going to lower my defensive line (2 notches), to invite them to sort out...

2115240640103394562S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok i will try it with this team, U think i can do it with this team, I don't know if u know the players but this is the team.

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/9b6ed5c11db7e25009ffe5203bff8d46.jpg

I'm playing with the old patch , Dont know if that matters ?

thx

Makaay, Tuyp, Tomasson, de Guzman, Slory, van Bronckhorst, Bahia and Davids are a very good beginning. You can do a surprising good season with them, but give them time

Ok i will try it with this team, U think i can do it with this team, I don't know if u know the players but this is the team.

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/9b6ed5c11db7e25009ffe5203bff8d46.jpg

I'm playing with the old patch , Dont know if that matters ?

thx

It seems to be a good team, a little bit aged in some key role but a good team, my only concern is that probably you should have at last one fast Dc.

everything looks great i'll give it a try but...

i prefer a play with AMRC or AMLC and wanna have a lot of MC on my team...(4-2-3-1)

i believe that is hard to find pure ML and MR.....

or you think that without any problems i can use AMLC on ML?

what is yours guys impression with this?

i mean - hard to imagine babel on ML or ronaldinho,etc.......

Sorry to be a pain but I don't have access to the internet on the computer that I play Football Manager on. So could someone please post some screen shots of team and player instructions (e.g. a centre back, fullback, winger and striker). Thanks.

everything looks great i'll give it a try but...

i prefer a play with AMRC or AMLC and wanna have a lot of MC on my team...(4-2-3-1)

i believe that is hard to find pure ML and MR.....

or you think that without any problems i can use AMLC on ML?

what is yours guys impression with this?

i mean - hard to imagine babel on ML or ronaldinho,etc.......

The important thing is that you play them in ml or mr spot (my mr is anatural Amr but fit well the role), if they can do it, cause I think that playing with both aml and amr (in their natural spot I mean) could unbalance the tactic too much, these guys have also defensive duties.

Hey higgins, how is(are) your AMC performing?

I have a similar tactic but haven't been able to make them perform reasonably(always around 6 average rating) :s

Very well, I have John Fleck there: in 13 matches he scred 5 and gave 4 assists, averaging 7.1

This time I'm gonna play a Champions home match with Viking, I'm favourite but they'll probably come to scotland trying to play a counterattacking game and I'll have to play with my third gk, due to some injuries, so I'll use my Razor 1.0 but I'm going to tweak tempo and def. line, lowering both (2 notches on the left)

This was the outcome:

2863554680103394562S600x600Q85.jpg

My result so far.

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/2c1958fb8140138b358c0be9f41eeb7a.jpg

I'm going bad again :( and im playing how u said, Dont know why it wont work , i see great results by ppl that try this , but not for me :(.

i want to rly succeed with your tac:D.

what is it that im doing wrong.

Only won some friendlies and from a B-team

My result so far.

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/2c1958fb8140138b358c0be9f41eeb7a.jpg

I'm going bad again :( and im playing how u said, Dont know why it wont work , i see great results by ppl that try this , but not for me :(.

i want to rly succeed with your tac:D.

what is it that im doing wrong.

Only won some friendlies and from a B-team

Probably you should give the tactic more time, listen to me, could you upload your savegame somewhere so that I could download and have a close look at it, so we could solve that?

Archived