Anyone using a Radeon X1950 Pro?

If so are the player shadows okay? They stretch/break whenever a player is near the edge of the pitch/taking corners/throw-ins.

So this patch has introduced broken shadows for my game :D

Anyone else get this? (so far I've seen two others comment they now have this problem). Was fine before so somethings probably been updated with the renderer. I dont notice any better graphics, but the shadows get screwed.

Also seems to strain my GFX card less... but that might be my imagination after one match.

shadowsqn4.th.jpg

I'm running 9.0c (DirectX)

Latest graphic card drivers.

Shadows always occur (when players stand in the areas in which it happens).

Shadows cannot be turned off indepedently within the GUI. You can select Low quality graphics which then have tiny/fake shadows but then everything else looks quite awful.

I do not have any serious performance issues (occassional slowdown but usually after applying tactics changes) but the shadows are always broken for players near the pitch edge. I dont even have a very quick PC! P4 3.5Ghz, 2GB.

What resolution and game settings do you use? (I presume max everything?)

Yeah, all set to max.

Incidentally, I'm not using CCC just the actual drivers.

I'd add that the only time I get any jitter in matches is when using WMP11 or Zune 3.1, quite simply FM seems to multithread worse than I multitask, but apart from that graphics are fine.

heh :D

I'd love to see a photo of the testing room (if there is a dedicated room). We'd either see loads of machines, some old, some new and loads of gfx cards all over the place or three shiny new dells with exactly the same spec ;)

What I'd really like to see would be the patches released 24hrs early for anyone/a select group to test the actual patches. I can understand their reasons for not doing it with the full game, but with the patches they could.

I'd bet my ability to spawn offspring on the fact it'll be three shiny Dells.

As for your second point that'd never work. People will find issues, SI will withhold the patch, then the forum would be beseiged by people saying "I don't care just release it".

Ho hum.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, all set to max.

Incidentally, I'm not using CCC just the actual drivers.

I'd add that the only time I get any jitter in matches is when using WMP11 or Zune 3.1, quite simply FM seems to multithread worse than I multitask, but apart from that graphics are fine.

Update.

It's there now, and I have no idea what's changed.

Archived