skinnymalinky

Does anyone have any tips on how to speed up processing times?

11 posts in this topic

The old FM just about ran on my rather ancient PC, but I'm really struggling with this newer version. I've disabled the 3D match engine, the sounds, the players photos and use no additional players, but I still take a good 1/2 hr to get through one match running key highlights. I would switch the game level down but have read that this game produce irregular results and somewhat compromises the realism of the game. Is there any other methods by which I can speed up processing times? I'm not willing to use anything other than a huge database.

On second thoughts, could my machine have a virus that would cause FM to run much, much slower than previous versions? Or is it just simply that SI have made this version much more noticeably processor heavy? Thanks

It is more demanding on the computer for sure! If you post your specs you may get some more suggestions as to areas that could be improved! Then we can start looking at other things!

Take a look here mate

[URL="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=78785"]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=78785[/URL]

Ty JGN. Only noticed that thread after I posted this one. I'll copy and paste what I've written into that thread.

Pentium 4 1.8
NVDIA Geforce4 MMX440
256 MB RAM
80 Gb Hard Disk

I know the spec is my computer is not very good and I'm in serious need of some more RAM. I suppose the obvious answer is to buy a new computer

The obvious answer would be correct. Or upgrade if you can.

Paint go-faster stripes on the PC case.

Upgrading RAM is definitely the best first step to take.

if you go to [url]www.crucial.com[/url], you can run a scan of your computer, that will tell you what your memory upgrade options are and prices. I did this for my laptop and bought 2gb ram for £25.28, made a huge difference. Bargain.

256 MB RAM? do you still play Pacman and Zelda I?ok joking but now seriously, if you want to play modern games at an acceptable level, 2GB RAM is required.

Yep, I know that my comp needs more RAM but is there anything I can do to speed up the game given its current specs? Thanks

Btw, thanks Assassin1982. I'll check it out.

Not as bad as my friend playing CM 97/98 on his computer from early 90s. Went to school and when he came back a save was set up, pretty slow...