sergio aguero position

Second striker. Drop his mentality lower than Torres by a few notches, give him no forward runs or crosses, high run with ball, mixed through ball/long shot, set his passing to short and give him a free role.

Wreaks havoc on any backline not good enough at tackling him, and if you have him closing down CBs and get his acceleration to 20, then he just starts scoring from bad backpasses every game.

I used to play 433 and retrained him very successfully as MC with lots of forward runs/run with ball/through balls.

With a forward 3 of Fernandez/Torres/Saivet it was fairly attacking! But I think he works better in the middle than on the wing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just dont buy him.

I bought hm for £29.75million first season and he was bloody terrible.

7 goals all season. What a waste of money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i dont know what all the hype is about him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Just dont buy him.

He normally takes a long time to settle tbh. Between 1/2 and one season.

I play him AMR with a arrow to next to Torres, who plays up top on his own in a 4-2-3-1. Works well and he gets loads of assists and his fair share of goals too. Last season I got him in January and with Torres out for a month or so he played up front on his own and scored pretty much every game. Wehen Torres came back I moved him to AMR and he still got a few goals, ended that season with 8 in 13 matches in the league. This season not too sure but in January a similar number of goals in about 20 matches but loads of assists from mainly AMR.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just dont buy him.

yeah i dont know what all the hype is about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both of you played him wrong, that's all there is to it. I've not yet seen a single plater in-game who scores more goals, including Zlatan/Robinho/Torres etc. He's ridiculously prolific, consistent, and incredibly good at worrying a defence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

well iv had Gila and Vucinic and Benzema all hit 60 a season same instructions for him and different ones and he is rubbish for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a completely different player to Gila, Vucinic and Benzema. I had him on my Milan save playing with the instructions I posted above, as the playmaker forward in a 4-1-2-1-2. He got 30+ goals and about 20assists in his first season, a lot of which were him intercepting backpasses due to the heavy pressure I put on opposition CBs. He's miles ahead of any of the strikers you mentioned in terms of skill, but he's not an out and out goalscorer like they are.

I have played Aguero all over the park and he never disappoint..

He is 30 now in my game and has just became the club top scorer, replacing Torres, scoring 41 goals in 38 apps, as a FC..

I think players performances varies from different saves. But Aguero did quite well for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arathonas:

Both of you played him wrong, that's all there is to it. I've not yet seen a single plater in-game who scores more goals, including Zlatan/Robinho/Torres etc. He's ridiculously prolific, consistent, and incredibly good at worrying a defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Aguero gets just 7 goals in 35 appareances, and then Cristiano Ronaldo, (playing from the right wong), gets 46 goals in 51 appearances, then somethings wrong. And I doubt its how Im using him, If it works for Rooney and Tevez, then it should work for Aguero.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

When Aguero gets just 7 goals in 35 appareances, and then Cristiano Ronaldo, (playing from the right wong), gets 46 goals in 51 appearances, then somethings wrong. And I doubt its how Im using him, If it works for Rooney and Tevez, then it should work for Aguero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grats on missing the point. Just because one thing works for one player is no guarantee it works for another. Aguero is one of the best strikers in the game and if he's not scoring you're using him wrong and that's all there is to it.

He's also far and away better than Rooney and Tevez, so I'll repeat this once again. You're using him wrong, and no amount of argument changes that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arathonas:

Just because one thing works for one player is no guarantee it works for another. Aguero is one of the best strikers in the game and if he's not scoring you're using him wrong and that's all there is to it.

He's also far and away better than Rooney and Tevez, so I'll repeat this once again. You're using him wrong, and no amount of argument changes that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im sorry, but whatever game I play, be it with Manchester United, Lyon, Crystal Palace, or whoever, all the strikers I use have the same instructions, and they perform well, not dreadful like him.

Explain why the same instructions work with every other striker I have used, but not Sergio Aguero?

Im sorry, but whatever game I play, be it with Manchester United, Lyon, Crystal Palace, or whoever, all the strikers I use have the same instructions, and they perform well, not dreadful like him.

Explain why the same instructions work with every other striker I have used, but not Sergio Aguero? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At a guess, because by some fluke all the players you've used so far fit into your instructions. I'll also make a guess that if you're totally unwilling to change tactics for a player like Aguero then those instructions aren't likely brilliant. Couldn't comment further without knowing what they are though.

When tactical fine-tuning is brought into play, no striker in the game is involved in more goals than Aguero, not Zlatan, not Torres, not Robinho. You're welcome to try the instructions I posted above and play the ball along the ground (preferably with an AMC behind Sergio), close down the CBs, and watch him win every award going. You won't do that, because then you'll have to admit I'm right.

And for what it's worth, he took a year to settle into any English side I've bought him for. It's only Italy and Spain I've seen him produce first-season results, but he ALWAYS produces results in the end.

Just because one thing works for one player is no guarantee it works for another. Aguero is one of the best strikers in the game and if he's not scoring you're using him wrong and that's all there is to it.

He's also far and away better than Rooney and Tevez, so I'll repeat this once again. You're using him wrong, and no amount of argument changes that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Explain why the same instructions work with every other striker I have used, but not Sergio Aguero? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

um...your not using him right. lol. i'll explain say you have peter crouch he scores 20 in a season, you replace him with aguero, same instructions same role, he is useless, why? Because they are different.

Maybe your style of play doesn't him, who knows, if you don't like him though stop buying him, plenty of other good strikers out there.

Both of you played him wrong, that's all there is to it. I've not yet seen a single plater in-game who scores more goals, including Zlatan/Robinho/Torres etc. He's ridiculously prolific, consistent, and incredibly good at worrying a defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Aguero gets just 7 goals in 35 appareances, and then Cristiano Ronaldo, (playing from the right wong), gets 46 goals in 51 appearances, then somethings wrong. And I doubt its how Im using him, If it works for Rooney and Tevez, then it should work for Aguero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played him in a 4-1-2-2-1 as a lonely FC for At. Madrid, he got injuried for 4 months in the season and still managed to get the golden boot. You guys are just using the guy wrong, I'd say he's atleast one of the top 3 forwards in the game. I'd buy him over any other forward if I ever had the money, planning to bid on him with my Sheff. Utd. after this season is over, 4th season.

Just bought him for my new Arsenal-save, going to try him as a AMC this time. Costed me 33.5 million pounds, but I would guess he's worth it icon_wink.gif

In addition I got Frey, Kompany & Marcelo icon_smile.gif

Cant wait to test them out ^^,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MadMax:

I've tried Agüero as AMC for some hours now, and I have to say - his position is definetely FC O.O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen him push Kaka out of the team when Pato and Gila both decided to hit form and Kaka wasn't so hot, he spent half a season as AMC and picked up 16 assists and still got three goals. Just give him a free role and let him run and he'd probably perform as a CB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty dev:

How do set him to put pressure on Centre Back's?do you put closing down on full to whole pitch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opposition instructions: closing down to always on all center back, DMs and the goalie. Makes the strikers put constant pressure on the backline.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stelly999:

or he doesn't fit into your system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much better explanation than the dismissivness of some who just say "you're not using him right".

settled in quickly in 1st season, winning football of the year. play him as amc, behind torres and with gerrard behind him at mc. (if ur liverpool). awesome player. in my 5th season, and torres has him as favoured personnel, as a result, 50+ goals a season for nando!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freyno:

could some of you please take a look at my kidderminster thread i could do with some help thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

Please dot do this again, it is rude to spam other threads like this.

although he broke his leg twice in 4 years, Kun is the best striker i've had in the game. he played his first game of this season in december after recovering from the second brake, dropped benzema for aguero against WBA.

hat-trick on his comeback, 6-1 win icon14.gif

he and benzema don't work well together, however. i've got too many great AMCs to try him there, but i'm guessing he's equally remarkable in both positions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the expert:

who is kun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kun aguero - its what he is called just about everywhere else

Kún Agüero - Sergio's nickname.

I cant understand how people dont know that! icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? How is anyone who doesn't follow spanish football going to know that?

Archived