Will any future FMs have add a league option in editor?

There seems to be a calling for a few more leagues to be added to FM like more African leagues and more middle eastern ones. Also a few more countries like Cyprus are wanted by people.

Now I am no programmer so I dont know how hard it would be to add but is it possible to have an add a league option in the editor so that you can simply download user made leagues that you want to add to your game. People are more than willing to make them as there are several around the internet. Also people want more levels added to current leagues.

I dont know if this is a stupid question but is this just too hard to add or what? Anyone know?

This question has been asked 14,987,672 times and will continue to be asked until SI actually listen to the majority of their users and add a feature like this.

How great would it be to be playing in a user-created Unibond league? Or the Cypriot league?

If they arent gonna add these leagues then the least they can do is let us do it ourselves.

The potential problem of introducing this type of feature is that once you scratch beneath the surface, you realise there are more and more things that need to be considered (and hence can go wrong) when trying to integrate a new league/division realistically.

Off the top of my head, you would need to consider what leagues feed into these divisions, rules on foreigners, subs, prize money, registration, league position sorting, reserve/U18/B leagues, playoffs, reputations, continental competition qualification, cup rules, fixture dates and probably many others which i have missed.

Although i would love to have a feature like this, realistically i can't see it happening soon unfortunately.

^Well, listen, SI have kept this game ahead of the competition consistently for over a decade. Are you telling me that they can't implement a feature like this because it's too difficult? Come on, I hate to use FM as example but if FM (FIFA Manager) can do it, however basic, then I think it is within the grasp of the rest, especially SI.

I think at the minute it's a question of they don't want to do it not that they can't.

It's been a featue on FIFA for over 2 years now. I've played it, didn't like it and deleted it within about a day. I couldn't tell you how well it works but I have been on the editor and it looks pretty comprehensive, all of the basic features you'd expect are there. You could even define the players skin colour based on the league location. Their game may be broken but at least they have an option to add leagues to it. I'm no stat anorak but I imagine that would add a fair few to their fanbase solely for this feature.

The reason FIFA Manager can do it, is that it doesn't model the real life competition rules anywhere near as accurately as FM, it uses a simplified set of rules. Obviously FM is never going to go down the route, so it becomes a much more difficult task. Basically, SI would have to replace the current league code, with settings in this new editable system, so any settings that are there now would need to be replicated in this new system, i.e. the new system would have to be able to create wierd and wonderful things like the dutch playoff system, the scottish league split system and so on.

Something like Fixture Scheduling is an absolute nightmare even as it is - there are still cases where it isn't right in FM now. Imagine how much more complicated this would be if you could have any number of teams, any number of other competitions (cups, continental competitions, international games etc) all coexisting and needing fixtures correctly scheduled. Plus bear in mind things like the fact certain leagues do odd things, like English leagues playing two games over the easter weekend. Then you've got issues with tv affecting schedules, different leagues having different days for live TV games etc. All this would need to be editable too. It would be a nightmare of a task even trying to design a system that could cope with all this, let alone implementing it.

Could there not just be an option to copy a certain league format and then edit your own teams into it with only the minimum needed to edit. Things like prize money and teams that can be promoted to it with the ability to change the number of teams that can be relegated.

Thats quite a good idea! i would love to see this happen! it would be paticularly good for those of us who play in scotland, as playing the same team 4 times in the league and possibly another2-3 times in cups, can get a tad tedious! it would be good to have a league of 16-18 with promotion/relegation!

Archived