TacGraber - Steal the AI's tactics - Experiments & Discussion

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I certainly will carry on testing the v2 one! You mave have created a monster!!

No, sorry, you misunderstood me there :D

I meant, can you download the new ones, save your game and go on with the new ones? So we can compare before using it and after using it?

If the tactic will fail, you can always load up your old save with the v2.

my first game with the flat 4 4 2 on my middlesbrough save won 3-0 at home against fulham i had 14 shots 8 on target 6 CCC's they had 8 shots 4 on target 1 CCC possestion was 43-57 to them i'm in my first season haven't signed anyone great but i do like the layout of this tactic it seems to be good right across the board with my dfenders getting good ratings

7th game - I beat Red Star 2-0 away, dominated all stats the the tactic is starting to gel I believe.

Do you use the new ones? Home and away? Please download the rar file and overwrite the existing home tactic there, it may differ a bit

So knap, do you use different tactics for different leagues? Considering in EPL there are alot of strong AMC and 4-4-2's that will likely dominate the middle of the field. Would it, even statistically, be better to play 2 cm's with different mentalities with the wingers up into the AMC wide positions?

I'm trying your newest home and away set with Parma in Serie B. TBH my players aren't playing flowing football at all. They look so confused it's scary. Also, they make loads of useless 30+ yard shots. And the worst thing is.. even though they somehow manage to create quite a lot of chances, they just can't score. So what if I manage to dominate my opponent and have way more shots and CCCs when I still lose because they can actually hit the ball into the back of the net?

So, even though I believe that this is kinda useless for weaker teams, I'm looking forward to this. Hope something changes.

Bhoy

My 442 tactic is changed into 4132 for European games. The tactic has spit mentality CMs and my more attacking tactic 4222 uses the wide AMCs.

The other tactic to look at is the AS Roma 4231 but 442 is likely to be the most stable formation.

I'm trying your newest home and away set with Parma in Serie B. TBH my players aren't playing flowing football at all. They look so confused it's scary. Also, they make loads of useless 30+ yard shots. And the worst thing is.. even though they somehow manage to create quite a lot of chances, they just can't score. So what if I manage to dominate my opponent and have way more shots and CCCs when I still lose because they can actually hit the ball into the back of the net?

So, even though I believe that this is kinda useless for weaker teams, I'm looking forward to this. Hope something changes.

It shouldn't be useless for weaker teams because it was made with weaker teams

I've followed all the tips but can't seem to make the program work. It opens the saved game, says that it has detected home and away but, when saving, I always get the "stream read error".

I've already reduced the filenames to the bare minimum, just 1 letter + extension, but still no joy.

Any other idea to make it work?

Don't put an extension on the tactic name - it will do that for you. Otherwise I can't think what is wrong?

It shouldn't be useless for weaker teams because it was made with weaker teams

I can understand that, but the problem is scoring. Dude, with 17 shots I score once. What's that, FM08? :( My strikers aren't world-beaters, but I have probably the best team in Serie B.

You could try these striker settings as a tweak. I wanted to implement them first but saw a better, the one I implemented into the tactics already. This are the 2nd best in my tests:

Mentality: 19 (16 for away)

Creative Freedom: 12

Passing Style: 10

Closing Down: 19

Everything other leave as it was

Code, I feel like I have unleashed a beast :D keep up the good work. Can you send me the latest home and away tactics - will test when I can around work and home commitments. Wife or FM2009 :D depends what FM2009 looks like in frilly knickers and suspenders :D

I got your point. It's always the same to me. As I was creating these tactics, I was calling with my girlfriend (per mobilephone). She blubbers and blubbers and I really realized that as blubbering, too. Then the question: Honey? Honey? Did you listen to me? Me: Uhm, what did you say? She hang up. :)

Anyway, here the latest tactics home and away:

http://files.filefront.com/AI+Killer+tactics+Home+anyrar/;12686082;/fileinfo.html

If you also have a scoring issue, try the tweaks I wrote for the strikers some replies before.

Hi guys iv been looking at your work and iv built my own home n away tactic from your findings

iv played half a season with it but the first half i was still in the making of the tactic

you can see it here http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=9212

good work code

Also good work sparks, if you found a similiar approach to create your own tactics! I think it can help people alot to make their own, without great knowledge.

thanks its base came from your work in v2 i think it was .. but i changed the left side CM plus the settings for the FB and CB . plus i added counter for away games and changed the time wasteing

and mentality for home games

I thought about ticking counter in away games also considering AI managers very often did this in FM7. But since you can't see if it's ticked in TacGraber and can't see it from the stats of the manager I left it all as it is..

I thought about ticking counter in away games also considering AI managers very often did this in FM7. But since you can't see if it's ticked in TacGraber and can't see it from the stats of the manager I left it all as it is..

yep i found that counter does work well away .. in home games i did toy with useing playmaker aswell but only in home games .. iv not made up my mind about that one yet

yep i found that counter does work well away .. in home games i did toy with useing playmaker aswell but only in home games .. iv not made up my mind about that one yet

Using playmaker makes sense since the MC settings in this version are from Arsene Wenger who actually uses a playmaker.

So you guys think 4-4-2 is the most stable formation? I'm thinking of doing a new but the latest test now, with the most stable formation and the best instructions for it?!

We could also make a normal 4-4-2 for home and away and a 4-4-2 with 2 def mids home and away against teams that employ an AMC. How about that one?

So you guys think 4-4-2 is the most stable formation? I'm thinking of doing a new but the latest test now, with the most stable formation and the best instructions for it?!

We could also make a normal 4-4-2 for home and away and a 4-4-2 with 2 def mids home and away against teams that employ an AMC. How about that one?

im now now 13 unbeaten

iv added to my post there http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=9212&st=0#entry135361

4-4-2 would be most stable, the defense in the newest home is very good, alot of clean sheets. Maybe tweak the midfielders passing and defensive duties and completely change the strikers role.

I'm afraid we will ever find a good striker setting for us USERS. For the AI however, it seems to work like a charm they score like mad with it I'm confused.

The original v2 striker settings seemed good (from other feedback), is it the same as the newest home? You could try make the midfielders more defensive using the v2 version, keep the defenders and gk from the new home version and use the v2 striker settings.

The original v2 striker settings seemed good (from other feedback), is it the same as the newest home? You could try make the midfielders more defensive using the v2 version, keep the defenders and gk from the new home version and use the v2 striker settings.

No, they differ from v2, they were from Valencia. You could try that. I'm running a test atm with all managers assigned to 4-4-2 flats. Completely other results now teams that were on top with the diamond now are in relegation zone and vice versa.. lol

I also think the midfielders don't need to be more defensive having in mind he only conceeded 2 in 14.

Also in the test I checked for CA Bucaramanga with Manuel Pellegrini as manager, they still have the best scorers. One striker 39 games played scored 24, the other one 40 to 22. averaging 7.24 and 7.30. Very confusing...

Archived